Shamus Plays: WoW #9: No Murloc, No Wedlock

Pages PREV 1 2

Yay, Norman is slowly becoming awesome :D

Chapper:
I'm predicting a descent into the darker side of Norman in the future. Looking forward to it.

Chapper, dude, I ninja'd you four episodes ago. :)

TheMadDoctorsCat:

JoJoDeathunter:
I don't even play WOW but this is still hilarious, nice one!

Definitely agreed. Norman's moral descent into evil is hilarious to read about.

Don't worry though, some day you be within distant walking distance of the level of awesome that I am.

(PS - kidding!)

Yeah we paladins would totally go marching into the demon realm and wipe them out... he's right we just have shinier clothing.

Guys and Gal's LOVE the shiny clothing.

The Lizard of Odd:
I have to say I've been absolutely loving this series. The way you go through each quest and consider the logic (or complete and utter lack of) involved in each one is hilarious and awesome. I hope you keep it up for some time!

Just think about how quickly Norman would go insane trying to rationalize the murder of thousands of Horde goblins in Stonetalon! It would be oh so delicious.

Luke Cartner:

Shamus Young:

A pair of lovestruck teenagers live a stone's throw apart. Naturally, this means that getting them together requires murder, alchemy, and a conversation with grandma.

Read Full Article

On the second page there is an OOC comment regarding what if: everything was available all the time..
That is pretty much how EQ (EverQuest one that is) worked.. as far as the impact on the game? Well I made a decent amount farming such things in the bazaar...

The irony is that doing those quests for those rewards was NEVER worth it unless it was for an epic. Farming your first set of noob gear was such a collosal waste of time. But so much of that game was. And buying the mats was always at a price your new character could never possibly afford, even if you had luck on skellies dropping cracked staves.

Anyone who thought WoW is a grind clearly never played EQ.

Shamus Young:

A pair of lovestruck teenagers live a stone's throw apart. Naturally, this means that getting them together requires murder, alchemy, and a conversation with grandma.

Read Full Article

I know you probably have most of this written out already, but this entire time, all I can think is that eventually Norman is going to meet his end, only to come back as an undead Forsaken Warlock and Gobstab will continue to usher him on his way to becoming evil, even if Norman wants to continue being good.

The ultimate downfall. It would be glorious!

Sewblon:

HankMan:
Norman is coming along nicely >)
Also "the Best with two butts" lol'd Helping two clueless teens get it on is always a good deed in my book.
Unless they end-up breeding! *shiver* ugh!

Isn't that like saying that sending someone to art school is a good deed unless they become a professional artist? It won't necessarily happen, but it is the natural result of such an event, especially in a world in which they have yet to invent contraceptives.(I think that Azeroth doesn't have contraceptives since it is a roughly medieval setting, but I may be wrong).

I, for one, am glad that WoW doesn't have contraceptives, because you know you'd pick used ones up off bandits. Bleagh...

You know what else could be interesting design--for any quest that involves gathering items, assume, for instance, that William Pestle has the Crystal Kelp he needs for the potion. You can either pay money to finish the quest (buying the ingredients and the potion for him), gather, say, 3 and pay less money (so, gather just enough and pay for the potion), or gather the full--5? 6? and get the potion for free in return for replenishing his stock plus a little.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here