Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Fourth Wall Breaks

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

There was a game on the Genesis where you were this cat-dude. You collected balls of yarn instead of coins. I can't remember what the game was called but cat-dude did a great 4th wall break. He would look at the screen & knock on it saying something like, "Anyone there?" if you left the controller alone. Wish I could remember what the hell it was called...

The name "Wii" is indeed gay...

Deadpool in Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions could have been on the list.
"Some people aren't satisfied to they have every collectible in a game"
"You pausing on me? You Pausing on ME? Well, you must be pausing on me, I'm the only one here."

Aurochs:
One of the best fourth wall breaks in recent years for me was that part in Arkham Asylum, with the kind of 'alternate intro', and subsequent death.
"Use the middle stick to dodge the bullet."

Dude, my xbox had red-ringed and gotten back to me from microsoft before I hit that part. I FLIPPED OUT for a second.

Best 4th wall break ever imho.

She could've mentioned Deadpool but I'm guessing that would've been too easy.

Bwahwahaha.

This is only getting better each time.

Mailman:
She could've mentioned Deadpool but I'm guessing that would've been too easy.

Definatly no candidate for the best fourth wall breaks , everyone expects it from him, its all he is about.
Plus: i LOVED the Dawsons Creek parts :D it just hit me surprisingly from 10 years ago

What no mention to Deadpool, the king of all fourth breaking? (He is from the comic but there are a few games with him in it regardless) Boy is he going to be pissed when he hear about that.

I didn't think the Eternal Darkness fourth walls were all that great (in my opinion) since my TV wasn't like theirs (what I mean is during the losing sanity part, the game supposedly went on "mute" with the word appear on the TV screen but my TV doesn't do that) so it lose some of the immersion.

Haha - love the running gag :)

Best fourth wall moment for me was Metal Gear Solid 2, towards the end where the radio comes in and they told me I'd been playing for too long and to switch the game off because I actually had been playing the game for too long, at least fourteen hours straight (could've been eighteen - was a few years ago) - I was tired, it was the small hours of the morning and to this day I'm not sure if that's actually in the game or I was hallucinating, though if I were I'm pretty sure the ending would've been better..

se7ensenses:
There was a game on the Genesis where you were this cat-dude. You collected balls of yarn instead of coins. I can't remember what the game was called but cat-dude did a great 4th wall break. He would look at the screen & knock on it saying something like, "Anyone there?" if you left the controller alone. Wish I could remember what the hell it was called...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubsy

Delete my account.

assassin's creed 2 !!! the final bit people will know what im talking about completely made me poop my pants !!!!!! please tell me that isn't fourth wall broke?

You left out Prince of Persia (SoT) :(

Silent Biohazard Solid:
She says, "in the first Metal Gear game"... She is aware that there were two other canon Metal Gear games before Metal Gear solid, right?
Good list, though.

Lisa Foiles : "The Metal Gear Solid series loves breaking the fourth wall in the fourth installment Snake returns to a familiar location from the first game..."

She only spoke of the "Solid" series of the Metal Gear universe so when she said the first It applies to "Metal Gear Solid" so she's right.

The Dawson's Creek scenes were hilarious! Great job Lisa.

Lisa's 80s/90s drama list of reasons the Wii sucks got me chuckling like a child.
Oh, Lisa. Never go away!

Arkham Asylum: the part where

I would watch that show. I would watch that show till my eyes beld XD

You run like a girl.

But I guess you have a good reason for that ;)

MagusVulpes:

Aurochs:
One of the best fourth wall breaks in recent years for me was that part in Arkham Asylum, with the kind of 'alternate intro', and subsequent death.
"Use the middle stick to dodge the bullet."

Dude, my xbox had red-ringed and gotten back to me from microsoft before I hit that part. I FLIPPED OUT for a second.

Best 4th wall break ever imho.

Exactly same thing here. looks like they timed the game perfectly for that kind of thing, it made the experience way better because they mimicked the "pre-RRoD" glitches perfectly.

Sampler:
Haha - love the running gag :)

Best fourth wall moment for me was Metal Gear Solid 2, towards the end where the radio comes in and they told me I'd been playing for too long and to switch the game off because I actually had been playing the game for too long, at least fourteen hours straight (could've been eighteen - was a few years ago) - I was tired, it was the small hours of the morning and to this day I'm not sure if that's actually in the game or I was hallucinating, though if I were I'm pretty sure the ending would've been better..

Nope same thing happened to me but from maybe like 8 hours of play leading up to that point.(Overall play time on the file was longer)

At 3:40

I also liked later on when Snake said don't worry about running out of ammo and pointed to his head bandanna.

God how I laughed so hard seeing Lisa Foiles running away and when he opened that letter, it was about the Wii and a bag of- LOL to much to bear Haha! (sorry, but I didn't expect that.) Really good review, plus I am impressed with the Metal Gear Solid 2, that guy being able to read your memory card of course.. Mm. 4th Wall shall shatter completely at some point, you just watch. Keep the videos coming please, I am seriously a fan now because of this. Hilarious, and on the side note Lisa looked very cute in that sky-blue sweatshirt :)

Lucane:
Lisa Foiles : "The Metal Gear Solid series loves breaking the fourth wall in the fourth installment Snake returns to a familiar location from the first game..."

She only spoke of the "Solid" series of the Metal Gear universe so when she say the first It applies to "Metal Gear Solid" so she's right.

Not that part. The part with Psycho Mantis, she says, "In the first Metal Gear game, you have an encounter with Psycho Mantis where he claims to have psychic abilities..."

ForgottenPr0digy:
LOL at the Dawson's creek like parts in this video.

two MGS 4th wall breaking moments in this video. You could have made all top 5 picks MGS moments. That's how good this game is when it comes to breaking down the 4th wall

I feel that No More Heroes or maybe even MvC3 belonged on there

Silent Biohazard Solid:
"In the first Metal Gear game, you have an encounter with Psycho Mantis where he claims to have psychic abilities..."

the first metal gear SOLID game... *grumbles feeling odd that he's one of the few people he knows that knew about Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Snakes Revenge before MGS*

It's like Final Fantasy 4 and 6 all over again! (everyone keeps telling me they're 2 and 3)

One of my favorite ones was Guybrush calling the LucasArts help line.
Ooh, and just about every other joke in Discworld.

WOPR:

Silent Biohazard Solid:
"In the first Metal Gear game, you have an encounter with Psycho Mantis where he claims to have psychic abilities..."

the first metal gear SOLID game... *grumbles feeling odd that he's one of the few people he knows that knew about Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Snakes Revenge before MGS*

It's like Final Fantasy 4 and 6 all over again! (everyone keeps telling me they're 2 and 3)

Exactly. Well, Snake's Revenge technically isn't even canon.
The two original canon MG games are Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake.

And yet, I would still watch Lisa's Problem (which is what I subconsciously named the little drama bit)

Fantastic list, even if once more I only recognised about three choices on the list. Keep 'em coming.

You run like a girl.

Damn....

Shame that Destroy All Humans didn't make it. If you left that game running on the title screen for too long one of the characters would tell you off for wasting electricity. Good stuff.

REALLY Lisa? No Donkey Kong Country? No Super Paper Mario? NO BANJO-KAZOOIE?! o.O

-.-

Lisa Foiles:
Top 5 Fourth Wall Breaks

More and more characters are realizing they're trapped in a videogame. (We knew this day would come.) Here are the Top 5 best instances of videogames breaking the fourth wall!

Watch Video

I know you must hear this every week but You missed the best one!
Actually you missed the third best one.

this

Great show. List was fine, nothing super special. That WB stuff though? Absolutely horrifying and hilarious at the same time. The retard run, the letter, even the awful, awful music.

In retrospect, I would have probably preferred the Wii list to the 4th wall breaking list.

Lisa spent too much time with Amanda Bynes as a kid.

Silent Biohazard Solid:

Lucane:

She only spoke of the "Solid" series of the Metal Gear universe so when she say the first It applies to "Metal Gear Solid" so she's right.

Not that part. The part with Psycho Mantis, she says, "In the first Metal Gear game, you have an encounter with Psycho Mantis where he claims to have psychic abilities..."

It's implied (from the title card behind her) and/or slip of the tongue not saying Solid again or didn't feel the need to say the whole title again.

It's not like she said Final Fantasy Tactics should really be #8 in the series of Final Fantasy games (It'd be way higher if they were all in number order.)

Lucane:
It's implied (from the title card behind her) and/or slip of the tongue not saying Solid again or didn't feel the need to say the whole title again.

It's not like she said Final Fantasy Tactics should really be #8 in the series of Final Fantasy games (It'd be way higher if they were all in number order.)

The title card behind her says, "Metal Gear Solid." That doesn't mean she can't think it's the first game in the series.
Either way, "First Metal Gear game" is an inaccurate statement. I'm gonna assume it was the slip of the tongue, though.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here