The Escapist Presents: Gamers Heart Japan

Pages PREV 1 2

Random Name 4:

bdcjacko:

Random Name 4:
Excuse me for not wanting to donate money to the third richest country in the world

1) You aren't donating the money directly to the country, you would be donating it too the red cross so they can help the disaster area.
2) Just because they country is the 3rd riches doesn't mean it has a lot of money to spend on disaster relief. Usually modern governments aren't just sitting on huge stock piles of cash. All the money countries have are usually ear marked for specific things.
3) If you mean you aren't donating because the citizens themselves are rich, well a lot of good the money does when it is tide up in banks that have been destroyed, and the infrastructure to get the money is screwed up.
4) It is your money, I'm not saying you have to donate. I am saying you sound very callous in what you said.

Sorry, but I didn't see all this from the gaming community when Haiti, a MUCH smaller and MUCH poorer country was struck by a MUCH worse disaster. All this charity bullshit about Japan just because a large portion of the game development community is based there.

It is one thing to bitch about people who don't give to charity, it is quite another thing to bitch about people who don't give to a charity that you think is "more important". All of us would be lying if we said we did not care about the earthquake in japan because of the video games because we do, but why should that matter I mean we are helping people just the same right. Charity's isn't a contest on what charity is "more important" it is about helping people worldwide based on what you as an individual want to help with. Yes sometimes our personal feelings contribute to who we give to but that's called being human, you should try it sometime.

I tell you, I did not sit down with the expectation to sit through an hour-long video.

But I did, and I feel glad. I started to tear up about half-way through. Just knowing I'm part of a community like this that cares about its origins and the people that have had such a large impact on our lives makes me feel great. Greater so since Japan has had such a large effect on my gaming life as well.

My heart goes out to Japan as well as the people in it. I have relatives there and Japan is really devastated and would appreciate any donations. If I wasn't a jobless 16-year-old I would donate as much as I could.

I think this is going to change the way we raise money.

I only really remember Zynga raising cash for haiti.

But... Japan is a rich country, wont the money do more good with others?

Wolfy2449:
I dont particularly liked 13 year old japanese slutty girls with giant breasts and 5% of heavy armor but i can understand what u mean

Wow, you just insulted japan? That's cold, and also sterotyping.

Wolfy2449:

Korten12:

Wolfy2449:
I dont particularly liked 13 year old japanese slutty girls with giant breasts and 5% of heavy armor but i can understand what u mean

Wow, you just insulted japan? That's cold, and also sterotyping.

Well i havent seen a single asian game/anime that doesnt have at least one person like that, all their mmo models are like that...

Thats still sterotyping.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or