No Right Answer: Worst Father Ever

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

1. Anime is from Japan, avatar is not from Japan so it is anime-ish
2. Im thinking in anime, the worst father is the Emperor from Code Geass.

Firefilm:
Worst Father Ever

The boys force Dan to edit an episode all about Anime.

Watch Video

Poor Avatar The Last Airbender- Anime haters refuse to watch it because it's "too anime" while hard core Anime freaks refuse to acknowledge it because "it's not anime enough." Can't we just let it be itself? It's too good of a show to be callously pigeon-holed like that.

Jecht from Final Fantasy X.

He acts like a dick to Tidus (which is probably why he ends up like a whining baby), does care for him, and leaves him with a total stranger to look after him. Not to mention he becomes the villan (though he probably had no idea of knowing it).

Dreiko:
A lot of people here don't seem to get what dragonball is going for, what it means to be a Saiyan, how it fits within Japanese culture and a bunch of other things of that sort.

In that fictional anime story which is not about things existing in reality and should not be judged as though it were, fighting is fun, challenging strong opponents is exciting and pain or "abuse" is just something to shrug like a man and move onwards despite of. Goku is a perfect father for that fictional reality, to judge him on a reality without planet-destroying-aliens attacking at every second is beyond unfair.

Forgot to say this, isn't Dragon Ball based around Samuri traditions *why there aren't any Female saiyans* because the whole thing is equated to it. Seriously, the only thing I don't approve of is him dying to go train when there were other options, like, I don't know, GUNS FOR GODS SAKE!

The avatar one!

Say what you like about Ozai, at least it only took him an episode to get something done. Can you imagine a little kid trying to play catch with Goku?

"I'm throwing a ball at you, son. Can you see the ball? It's coming. I will eventually throw it. You just watch. Here comes the ball. This will be the fastest ball I've ever thrown. Are you ready for this? The ball is coming. Watch, here comes the ball. Ready? Okay. I am throwing a ball now. Get ready to catch it. Here comes the ball..."

And so on for three cunting episodes. The kid would have his college degree by the time Goku even does anything. God help you if you weren't into catch either. Playing chess with Goku must be like trying to play twenty questions with an alzheimers patient. A thousand suns will be born and then die again before he even moves his pawn.

Speaking of which, how did Goku even end up with a kid? Can you imagine him having sex? (there's probably a deviant art page devoted to that).

"The blood is rushing to my penis! It is beginning to become erect. Are you ready? Because I will soon have an erection for sexing. My penis is getting harder as we speak..."

His wife can probably squeeze in a few extramarital affairs while Father Time over there is still grappling with his belt buckle.

Somebody take Goku's kids away from him for their own good.

I'm not a fan of Dragonball Z. You can tell, can't you?

Aprilgold:
... *why there aren't any Female saiyans* ... Seriously, the only thing I don't approve of is him dying to go train when there were other options, like, I don't know, GUNS FOR GODS SAKE!

Isnt Pan a saiyan? and I could have swore that Vegeta's daughter (bulla?) is one.

Plus theres an entire planet of them, and I saw a few females. There was even one in bardock (gokus father)'s crew. Now are there any Female super saiyans, i have no idea. I think only Pan would be, but I might be wrong.

Also, guns against who? A gun didnt work agaisnt Raditz, and havent been shown to work on any of the people that came to earth to destroy it (though oddly swords do), so I wouldnt imaginea gun is a good idea.

They have a feast for crows next to twilight in the background o.O Also my vote goes to Goku he let his son become the Great Saiyaman

I think Dan's right.

I dunno, maybe Fritzl?

Ozai sacrificed/killed Zuko's mother. Boom.

My vote for Ozai the toolbag.

Ozai definitely.

Goku.

I mean, why did he even bother to get a kid in the first place? Did he not know how to use protection? Probably wacked onto the head one too many...

I'm going to take secret answer C: Vegeta.

Seriously, Goku, while a worse father than Ozai, isn't even the worst father in DBZ. Just watch how Vegeta treats Trunks.

What no mention of Gendo Ikari?
OT- I would have to go with Goku. Ozai is already evil so being a bad father is just a normal thing to him (he did afterall try to scorch everyone to death in the Earth kingdom capital).
Goku on the other hand seen more enhance due to the fact he was also a deadbeat guy since he had spend more time away from his family and didn't had a job at all to support his family. (How did the income come from? The Ok king wealth?)

Come the f*ck on guys!Everebody knows that the worst father is Gendo Ikari from Neon Genesis Evangelion.I mean have you seen some his pants-on-head-retarded-just-as-planned planes.

"My son is piloting his mother?!!!"

ok, you want the right answer? basically it's neither of them vajeeta is the worst father ever
he just sits and trains for his kid's entire life and ignores him to the point where he doesn't even know he has the ability to turn super-sayan until he does it in-front of him while he is training ( the only time he sits in the same place long enough to even take note of his son )

that's the superhero equivalent of not knowing your own son when you look him in the face.

he don't even KNOW him to screw-over his life. all your arguments are defunct.
vajeeta = worst father ever.
at-least goku gave a crap when he wasn't dead, training, dead, fighting, dead, or stuck in the afterlife.

What, no Daddy Uchiha? Goku and Ozai at least ended up (somehow) with pretty badass kids. But all the Uchiha kids are like... like... well, let's just say that murdering the entire clan was Itachi's idea of being a real stand-up decent guy, and running off with a pedophile for three years was apparently a high point in Sasuke's character arc.

...Actually, now I'm trying to think of any good anime fathers. Huh. Luffy's dad, Ichigo's dad, Naruto's dad: I think they might all be total dicks.

i don't know what happened for the last 6 minutes... that there casio though, i think that wins.

Dan wins, anime sucks.

Ozai is a callous, evil son-of-a-bitch. We expect him to be evil and callous, just like toward Zuko. Goku is a good guy and we expect him to care for his son. I think the difference is Ozai doesn't appear to have wanted children other than to have heirs or bodies he can shape to what he thinks makes a good fire lord. He actually makes an attempt to raise a child that he thinks is worth while (that being Azula). Goku seems like he said "yeah, having a son sounds like fun". We see him interacting with his son in the first episode, but that is it. After that it is like "man, I forgot about all the fun I had fighting bad people. I am gonna keep doing that instead". Goku is basically just like "Ok, I am done raising a kid. Time for fighting".

I think I got lost in my argument: My vote is Goku.

Ozai is worse. He is downright cruel and abusive to his son - who really only turned out decently thanks to the influences of both his mother and his uncle, who was an actual father to him. As well, Ozai does not treat Azula well. He pushes her to perfection and isn't pleased when she fails, setting her up with massive psychological problems that are very vividly presented in the finale of the series. Seriously, Ozai is a shitty father.

Goku is the worst father because the fire guy from Avatar I forget his name was actually such a bad father he actually made his son the better from it. Goku on the other hand is a real jerk when it comes to fatherhood. I mean if his son wasn't like super powerful during deadly situations Goku would've killed him before he was one. Remeber that episode when he is pushing the cart and sends his son flying off! He also sends his 12-13 year old son to fight a mutant android because he didn't think he could beat him. He has his son fight his own battle and even gives Cell a sensui bean to regain his power lost while fighting Goku. It takes Picallo to tell Goku "HEY! he is just a little boy what the fuck you think your doing"! He supposed to be the worlds purest heart but why is he so fucking selfish!?

Goku wins - mixed feelings about that. Go watch DBZ Abridged if you haven't.

Goku, by fifty longshots!
Seriously.... it's too F-ed up how calous he is about his kid's lives and wellfare!

He doesn't even put food on the table. :(

VEGETA is a way better dad then him, hanging out with Trunks all the time, teaching him.

And Dan...... major sadface, man. :'(

Firefilm:
Worst Father Ever

The boys force Dan to edit an episode all about Anime. This has resulted in Dan refusing to pick a winner. Go on our twitter, post on our boards, and mail us seductive pictures to choose the winner on this week's debate between Ozai and Goku for worst father ever.

Watch Video

Goku, he's such a bad dad that everyone seems to forget that he has a second kid That's right Goku has another kid named Goten whom he left to be trained by his other son with abandonment issues and Piccolo. Where they later put him, along with Vegita's son Trunks to fight Buu, they guy who kicked the ass of every other guy, and ate every normal person in the world, yes ate them.

Dude,
King Lorik from Dragon Warrior/Quest 1.
Evidence #1: Lorik hires the untested and inexperienced descendant of Erdrick to save his daughter and defeat the Dragon Lord. This guy is a level 1 weakling barely able to defeat an amorphous slime.

Evidence #2: The king provides nearly no expenses for this endeavor. The warrior gets 180 gold (which has to be used to buy his own equipment and armaments), a torch, and a key which has to be used right away in order to leave the throne room. The king won't even order to have the throne room doors opened. What a cheap bastard

Evidence #3: The king requires the warrior to travel alone. We see plenty of guards around Tantegel Castle. The king couldn't spare a couple to help the warrior out a little?

I suppose in fair exchange the king does offer his kingdom in the end (spoiler alert). However it comes with his incredibly naggy daughter Princess Gwaelin. "But thou must...but thou must...but thou must...but thou must..."

Firefilm:
Worst Father Ever

The boys force Dan to edit an episode all about Anime. This has resulted in Dan refusing to pick a winner. Go on our twitter, post on our boards, and mail us seductive pictures to choose the winner on this week's debate between Ozai and Goku for worst father ever.

Watch Video

I don't do anime

Goku is an absent father, not a bad father. It's like calling solders bad fathers for being overseas and choosing to go on another tour. Gohan was kidnapped while he was dead, and he chose to go save his master Piccolo by going to Namak. Considering Goku's adopted father Gohan died when he was still a child, forcing him to make his own way in the wild until Bulma came along, it's no wonder Goku is an absent parent. Then again the whole of the Sayian race sent their children off to planets on their own on eradication missions.

Goku was with his son everyday until his Brother showed up one day, then after he returned to earth for the 3 years while training for the androids, and spent a year in the Time Chamber to prep for Cell. Meaning Goku was only absent while he was dead, and then while he was learning to control his strength and getting the instant transmission.

Ozai was going to kill his own son for the opportunity to be the Firelord but his wife chose to do something, that was never explained, the result being banishment to save her son's life. Then, for speaking out against the senseless death of his own nations men as part of a war tactic, Ozai scared his son and banished him.

Ozai wins not only worse father but also worst person.

I'll end with Dragon Ball GT never happened, Toriyama had almost nothing to do with that pile and only came in at the end to save what was left of his story. When Goku was killed by cell that was the end of it. No Goten, no Videl, no Uub, no Majin *, no fusion.

Anime sucks read the Manga.

Goku. It's even worse for Goten. After about seven years since he was born, his father finally returns from the afterlife. Depending on whether you read the manga or watch the anime, their meeting is different. In the manga, Goku sees Goten, and is just like ''Huh. That's my son. Hm.'', but in the anime, they have a heartfelt meeting that could bring the manliest men to tears. After that though, Goku barely talks to him. Oh, and he decides to make Goten fuse with Vegeta's eight year-old son Trunks to defeat a genocidal monstrosity that ends up killing almost the entire population of Earth. And then he later leaves to entire family so he can live with some kid who he's never even met before, only because he happens to be a good fighter and a reincarnation of previously-mentioned genocidal monstrosity. And yes, he's a horrible husband as well. I would divorce his ass if I was Chi-Chi.

And you know what's weird? Vegeta, of all people, is a much better parent than Goku. He at least spent time with his child, even if he was a bit harsh on him.

Rarhnor:
Ozai, while incredibly mean and downright evil to his own son, takes care of his other child Azula.

No, he doesn't. You must not have seen the end of the series; Azula is exactly the evidence I would offer up proving Ozai as the worse father. He scarred his son by exiling him; he destroyed his daughter by keeping her near. A father that screws up whether he keeps his child or not is, hands down, the worst.

emeraldrafael:

Aprilgold:
... *why there aren't any Female saiyans* ... Seriously, the only thing I don't approve of is him dying to go train when there were other options, like, I don't know, GUNS FOR GODS SAKE!

Isnt Pan a saiyan? and I could have swore that Vegeta's daughter (bulla?) is one.

Plus theres an entire planet of them, and I saw a few females. There was even one in bardock (gokus father)'s crew. Now are there any Female super saiyans, i have no idea. I think only Pan would be, but I might be wrong.

Also, guns against who? A gun didnt work agaisnt Raditz, and havent been shown to work on any of the people that came to earth to destroy it (though oddly swords do), so I wouldnt imaginea gun is a good idea.

They need to invent a gun that launches swords.

The gist I got out of it was that Saiyan females were not as powerful as their male counterparts.
Basically MALE = SOLIDER, FEMALE = SUPPORT. I was never that big into DBZ anyways. Still, ME NO LIKE HOW HE DIE TO GET TRAINING FOR NO REASON BBLLEEHH!!

What, gendou Ikari too easy?

Backup choice would be Genma Saotome from ranma 1/2. Granted that's a goofy comedy, but he still has a list of crimes against him:

Trading his son for food (before stealing him back)
Having son sign seppeku (suicide) pledge at toddlerhood
Put son through dangerous and traumatic training and screwed it up because he didn't finish reading the manual.
Engaged son to girl listed in dictionaries under "tsundare" and "bitch"

That's just what I can remember off the top of my head. I could probably find more going back to the anime and manga.

Anime and general other cartoons, IMO, are for children.

Rappletek:
your both wrong, Darth vader.. anime sucks
(so does star wars a little bit)

Darth Vader is freaking father of the year compared to Daniel Plainview in 'There Will Be Blood'

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here