Trailers: Resident Evil 6 - Official Trailer

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Oh yes! Resident Evil Operation Raccoon city, and now this. I am very happy, looks like I'l be playing on my PS3 a lot more this year. Also I am very interested to see how this plays out in connection with Resident Evil 5.

Asians, now? I mean, I get it ... but...

I like the idea of three different campaigns intersecting. It could allow them to do very different settings and even pacing for each character's narrative.

Ahh yes, back to Raccoon City. Where the games belong.

Don't get me wrong, I played and enjoyed 4 & 5 ... but I still rate the initial trilogy and Outbreak 1 & 2 far higher. Mainly because I prefer ammo conservation and the 'fight or flight' style of play rather than 'blast the shit out of everything that moves'. Hell .. my favourite part of 4 was playing as freakin' Ashley Graham, and 5 was in the mine where one partner had to shine the torch on the unfortunates.

Seriously ... as if it ain't bad enough being a miner in an African shit hole, you also have to worry about being controlled by a BOW parasite, and the dude with the biggest biceps in the world curb stomping you.

not sure what to think of it. pretty much looks like an action packed adventure. but at least it looks dark again. well, still a long time to go. maybe things will change but sure dont have high hopes.

The best part? We can play this and forget 5 ever happened.

Ehhhh. It seems like it'll be better than 5...
Glad we got some Leon in there, that's for sure.
HOWEVER, what happened to him. Like he hung out with Chris for too long or went on a McDonald's binge. He's all fat-faced and shiny. That's not cool :P

I'm one of the few people (apparently) who thought that RE5 was actually enjoyable, but this actually looks pretty good. Anticipation is growing.

hmm cant say im exited... i guess well wait and see but unless theres a major twist ill keep my 60$ thank you very much...

This looks like a complete separation from survival horror.

The thing is, it looks so fucking good that I'm not even pissed. Damn excited.

Hey, this looks pretty good. Hopefully we get huge hords of zombies, that can be hoffifying even if you have powerful weapons and can fight them.

I just hope the plot will be as stupid as before, that's a part of why I love RE.

At first I was like, "Wow, this looks amazing!"
And then 3 minutes in I was like "Holy Magicarp! Did I just see a colossus?!!! "

I wonder if the "mercenary" guy and the blonde girl with him are Steve Burnside and Sherry Birkin. She looks like she'd be about the right age.

Arkley:
Woohoo! Huge RE fan here, and I didn't see a single thing in that trailer that I didn't like. I mean, yeah I would prefer a return to the old slow-burning, ammo-starved Resident Evil, but this still looks fantastic.

I really hope that they'll update their controls and let us move while shooting this time, though. I get that it's supposed to create tension and everything, but...maybe find a way to create tension that doesn't involve artificially handicapping the player.

On a side note, did anyone else see the really large amount of enemies on screen at once during the brief snippets of Leon's gameplay sections? It looked pretty intense. I guess that if they wanted to re-introduce traditional RE zombies, large numbers of them would be necessary to make them threatening again, since they move so slowly and clumsily in RE canon.

Also, did you notice that in their respective gameplay snippets, Leon seemed to be dealing with huge hordes of slow moving zombies, Chris seemed to be taking cover and shooting at enemies who were shooting back? There could be a pretty big divide in how each character plays, which is pretty good as far as I'm concerned. Variety never hurt anyone.

Damnit, why does it have to be so far away? I want to play it now.

Seconded. I'm rather interested in who the cocky wesker fellow it, i'm thinking perhaps HUNK? It's been mentioned his hair is short and a dirty blonde/white colour here and there. Still lik yourself i'm rather interested in it all.
It'll be interesting ot see if the player's perspective jumps characters or if each one has their own story line and if so i'm hoping for something on par with resident evil 4's length.

1:25

"Wanna tell me what's in there?"
"It's better if I show you."

I highly doubt that. :/

Seriously though, I love for Paul and Graham to make an Unskippable out of this trailer. So yeah, it's not a cutscene, but it'd still be good.

Resident Evil 5 looked sexy as hell.
This isn't entirely attractive, considering it relies so much on the detail of action..

anthony87:
All I can say is that it looks quite fucking glorious.

Also...have Chris' arms shrunk down to realistic proportions or is it just me?

I was thinking the same thing. He looks like an actual person rather than a melon smuggler. If he can still punch zombies in the head and make their head explode I am satisfied.

I am really looking forward to this.

awesome trailer, it really is
never been a huge RE fan, but I do like Leon and Chris both
gonna miss Wesker but oh well :]

Trailer looks promising, I wish Clair Redfield was in the trailer then it would have been complete. Wait I heard a noise it couldn't be...Ashleigh!? Oh no!

The gameplay parts look interesting, but I'm not going to buy it of course. Capcom and their locked/restricted on-disc content at launch can go fuck themselves, they are one of those companies that gamers need to consciously filter out of the industry.

Carnagath:
The gameplay parts look interesting, but I'm not going to buy it of course. Capcom and their locked/restricted on-disc content at launch can go fuck themselves, they are one of those companies that gamers need to consciously filter out of the industry.

lol, they cant not worse then €A.

Kopikatsu:
I like the acrobatics. We've come pretty far from the days of tank controls, no? I'm not happy that the infected with guns make a return, though. The cover mechanic doesn't seem too bad (Especially since they can apparently pull you out of it), but...it makes me feel like there will be more enemies with guns than are really necessary.

inb4 'OMG THIS ISN'T RESIDENT EVIL! RUINED FOREVER!'

Technically we don't know if those were (confirmed) infected or UBCS (Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure Service)/3rd-Party - type mercs/PMCs. :-p

Though that would be admittedly a re-used, and maybe even "dead horse" plot gimmick shared with Capcom's next 2 RE/BIOHAZARD releases this year.

Having jumped into the series rather late at around the 4th one when I could stomach the horror, I've found the Ressy Evil saga gets progressively better each time for me. Blasphemous perhaps but I still find that while fixed camera angles produce more atmosphere, the controls for me personally remain infuriating.
Then again on the flipside when people whined about not being able to reload on the fly, this felt like realism to me as if I was in the fight, I'd prefer to take a moment to make sure I home in that next clip cleanly and with precision.

Upon seeing this trailer, I'm seriously excited and hoping for big things as we get to see Chris lead an entire team of his BSAA comrades into battle (though technically he did too in RE5 but they all got split up and were nailed pretty early on) and bring some familiar faces into the foray; while bringing a new story, location and plot to the saga (heck I heard someone online say that short haired dude could well be HUNK and a close friend putting money on the young girl being Sherry Birkin)

I think I need to see more of this to get excited, because right now all i'm seeing is an action shooter and i'm pretty bored with shooters.

I'll still keep an eye on it though, even if it is more of a shooter than a survival horror it still might turn out to be pretty good.

coolerthanice21:
I wonder if the "mercenary" guy and the blonde girl with him are Steve Burnside and Sherry Birkin. She looks like she'd be about the right age.

Um...if you remember "Code Veronica," I'm pretty sure there is no way that could be Steve Burnside

By the looks of it... YOU CAN MOVE WHILE AIMING.

Go back to the video and watch Leon at 1:15 to 1:17, it looks like he's side strafing left before he starts shooting. No one caught that?

If I recall correctly, previously capcom stated that RE6 was to reboot the franchise. So it looks like they're doing something akin to Mortal kombat, where the events of previous games still happened, but we're more or less starting fresh. :) I can dig that.

I want to know who this "bitch" is that Chris is raging about. Remember there was that trailer of a hand held RE game where chris and jill were at ends about something? le HMM!

*sigh*. So we're definitely in the area of action gaming from now on. No horror ever again.

I'm probably not going to play it. But if I did, I need some explanation as to why the WHO, the UN and similar international bodies haven't banned all this biological weapons research and come down on it like a ton of bricks. It's clearly incredibly bloody dangerous. Doesn't make sense that all these outbreaks would be allowed to continue.

So I watched the preview a second time, and I noticed something: in the first bit of Leon's in-game footage, he was WALKING AND SHOOTING AT THE SAME TIME!

Shame Capcom. Shame. How could you do that do us?

As an avid RE fan all I can say is two things: what happened to Leon's voice and HOLY SHIT I MUST HAVE THIS GAME!

coolerthanice21:

The mercenary guy is almost certainly Alex Wesker, the guy who Spencer sent to find the secret of immortality. Apparently Alex did manage to find it, then betrayed Spencer and dropped of the radar.

I'm disappointed by the 'moving and shooting' implementation. One of the tension building elements of Resident Evil was that you had to shoot from a stable position. I liked that.

However, I really like what appears to be the 'multiple campaigns' feature. RE5 really lacked atmosphere. Solid game but atmosphere is one of the keys that separate an action game from a horror one and the possibility of multiple campaigns not only allow for different gameplay mechanics the merc story (I'm going with Hunk as the character: dude's been in the shadows all too long but knows enough that he'd fit that line) seems to take from Nemesis--run run run! and Leon's story seems to fit in with more of a Resident Evil 2 + 4 thing, while Chris's is working more of the 5's action-oriented/team member game.

The variance could make for a really kick ass experience!

What's unusual (to me) is what appears to be no playable or relevant female character leads, something the series usually is pretty good about.

That isn't a criticism: I think you do what the story asks of you. I just think that's different.

"It's Racoon city all over again..."

What's that Capcom? You're going to make the same game over and over again, slowly phazing out even the slightest idea that you ever had a survival horror franchise. Good plan.

Resident Evil really is like the shambling zombies that it so frequently portrays. It just won't stay dead.

SAYING THAT HOWEVER...

This game does look bloody intense and who knows, it might actually be playable as well. I guess I'm just mourning the loss of yet another good survival horror franchise. First Silent Hill fell. Now Resident Evil has become a run and gun zombie shooter.

No hope left indeed...

Alright, can someone help me out?

If you get bit by a zombie in the Resident Evil universe, do you turn? Or was that only in the shitty movies?

I didn't play too much of the originals.

OT: Looks actually extremely good. Leon now actually looks cool, and not the stupid pretty boy that was hard to take seriously, that new mercenary guy looks like he'll be fun to play (ten bucks says he's related to Wesker), and Chris Redfield... well, to be honest, I always fucking hated his guts. That boulder punching reject.

Proverbial Jon:

This game does look bloody intense and who knows, it might actually be playable as well. I guess I'm just mourning the loss of yet another good survival horror franchise. First Silent Hill fell. Now Resident Evil has become a run and gun zombie shooter.

No hope left indeed...

The thing was, it really wasn't ever that good. Back in the old days it managed to fall into a really lucky niche in the market, and was outplayed by Silent Hill at every conceivable turn. The story was contrived and rather dull.

While I'm with you in the "it should at least try to be scary", this is ultimately a much better choice.

And speaking of Silent Hill, have you seen the new one? It actually looks pretty good.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here