Crucible and Gordon Freeman Saved My Life

Pages PREV 1 2

Fun fact: should we decide to get hitched, my girlfriend and I have already decided one of our dances will be to "Joker's Song". Of course, we already sing it alongside each other (badly, we're neither of us musically inclined) during car trips but I figure the dance song is more important. Keep it up, man. We love it.

Huh, for all the worry about your songs being repetitive I think it works for GFSML! Doesn't bug me at all, perhaps because I've listened to it so many times?
At any rate, no need for it to be Far less repetitive.

TimeLord:
"This kind of "epic" 2 Steps To Hell Stuff is way over-used."

I completely disagree. I love "epic" instrumental songs and I personally would class them as one of my favourite types of music. That's probably why I love Crucible so much. I hope you attempt it again in the future :)

This be true. I'm into that kind of stuff, and as far as I'm concerned, there can't be enough grand sweeping soundtrack-ish pieces in the world.

On a different note, Gav, you've been teasing a new Mass Effect song with Malukah in that one interview piece. Now that you did "Crucible" and Malu went on an made "Reignite" on her own, is that outta the window or will there be more?

Glad to hear all this is working out for you and I'm hoping many more years of Miracles to come. Hopefully in 2029 when Episode 3 comes out we'll be able to hear how you do a song like "Gordon Freeman Saved My Life" about Half Life with the benefit of experience.

Oh and great as Crucible is to properly capture the feel of Mass Effect you really should have put a rap remix of the last verse of New Black Gold on the end :)

Edit: I'm being facetious here of course, but in all seriousness the more I think about the more I think it would have absolutely made the song for me if there was a slightly jarring musical influence from New Black Gold at the end.

MiracleOfSound:
I've had countless messages from wonderful, interesting everyday people who the songs touched in some way.

...Didn't i tell you it will be like this ? ;]
Somehow i'm glad you're doing what you like and you're happy with that.

LonelyWizzard:
The vitriol and and anger is baffling, and to hear of how it affected you so much you "couldn't even play any other games or watch any movies for a whole week" is something I really just can't understand.

This explains it very eloquently:

mrgbgonzalez:

Couldn't have put it better myself.
I've been listening to The Miracle of Sound since its debut here at the Escapist and even when the songs are inspired by games I haven't played or just don't really like, they are prime gold... And have actually gotten me to spread the word and repost a few of them (talking a little but about the games that inspired them) on my guilds blog (shireforce.com. its all in portuguese, so... well, its there).

Its inpiring to see the passion you have for your work and the heart you put on all your songs. Wanna keep listening to many, many, MANY more in the years to come, for sure!

btw: My personal favourite is "Age of the Dragon". Power, melody, heart, emotion. This song rules a great big huge one!

Thank you very much, and happy first post :)

Deleted

Damn double post

Said this during the Q&A you held, but you're seriously one of the coolest guys on the Internet by taking the time out to encourage and hold a dialogue with your fans, and listen to their criticisms and treat them like equals (except for the ones who don't deserve that treatment, but there's usually an amazingly snarky put-down swiftly coming their way). The way you constantly change your style, bringing something new and refreshing with every song is astounding, and while I may not like all of your songs that's simply down to personal taste as the musicianship remains at a high standard constantly.

It's excellent to hear you're doing well now and so good to hear from someone who genuinely enjoys what they do, and your success only serves to emphasise that if something is good enough, people will pay for it to support the artist.

Congratulations, keep being a happy little nerd and keep making us a community of happy little nerds.

Crucible just replaced Sovngarde song as my favorite. It made my eyes sting with emotion.

Dark Link:
Said this during the Q&A you held, but you're seriously one of the coolest guys on the Internet by taking the time out to encourage and hold a dialogue with your fans, and listen to their criticisms and treat them like equals (except for the ones who don't deserve that treatment, but there's usually an amazingly snarky put-down swiftly coming their way). The way you constantly change your style, bringing something new and refreshing with every song is astounding, and while I may not like all of your songs that's simply down to personal taste as the musicianship remains at a high standard constantly.

It's excellent to hear you're doing well now and so good to hear from someone who genuinely enjoys what they do, and your success only serves to emphasise that if something is good enough, people will pay for it to support the artist.

Congratulations, keep being a happy little nerd and keep making us a community of happy little nerds.

That was lovely to read, thanks :)

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or