Feed Dump: Bert's Spider Shack

Pages PREV 1 2

shiajun:
To this day I have no idea what a pound is in kilograms. You're Canadian, guys! Use metric system.

Ah but we Canadians tend to use a terrifying mix of both systems. People and animals are generally measured in pounds and feet/inches. Distances walked may be measured in miles, but driven in kilometers (speed is in kph). Large distances will of course always be in kilometres (or AUs :D)

Mechanical things will generally be measured in centimetres. Building supplies, hoewever, (ie lumber) are usually in inches.

Temperature is always celsius... except when talking to old people or Americans, so we tend to know farenheit, at least roughly.

Acres are used for land, not hectares.

And finally millilitres and litres for liquids, grams and kilograms for most foods (although pounds get used too for butter or potatoes for example), and occasionally for milk people still use pints, quarts, and gallons though of course litres is are normal (alcohol is also often expressed in ounces for bottles and of course a pint of beer).

Also I enjoyed this Feed Dump.

Dimitriov:

shiajun:
To this day I have no idea what a pound is in kilograms. You're Canadian, guys! Use metric system.

Ah but we Canadians tend to use a terrifying mix of both systems. People and animals are generally measured in pounds and feet/inches. Distances walked may be measured in miles, but driven in kilometers (speed is in kph). Large distances will of course always be in kilometres (or AUs :D)

Mechanical things will generally be measured in centimetres. Building supplies, hoewever, (ie lumber) are usually in inches.

Temperature is always celsius... except when talking to old people or Americans, so we tend to know farenheit, at least roughly.

Acres are used for land, not hectares.

And finally millilitres and litres for liquids, grams and kilograms for most foods (although pounds get used too for butter or potatoes for example), and occasionally for milk people still use pints, quarts, and gallons though of course litres is are normal (alcohol is also often expressed in ounces for bottles and of course a pint of beer).

Also I enjoyed this Feed Dump.

Wow...that's kind of messed up. :) I'd go crazy trying to keep track of things.

Alfador_VII:
Nice work again guys. And awesome hat, although of course it works better on Kathleen.

However, please get a new tripod. That slow camera sway particularly on all of Graham's segments was starting to make me seasick by the end :/

Captcha: That's right!

Even Meowth agrees with me!

They use a monopod for Fump, IIRC. whoever was holding it must have shifted during those shots.

Also, "final feed dump" *panic* "fantasy."

Fanbase troll, or just an unfortunately-worded intro. You be the judge.

That is just embarrassing, how do you not know the continents or major oceans of the world. Now please correct me if I'm wrong (as I'm a yank), but isn't a 200 level course something like a bachelor level class?

For a brief second there I actually thought this was the last episode O_O

You guys mentioned the Barrens and didn't make a Chuck Norris joke? I am disappoint.

So when can we expect Final Feed Dump Fantasy XIII: Now With Predictable Jokes and Flashy Fireworks?

Most of us can feel safe, because the infamous UV spiders have never actually been encountered outside Western Canada. Fact.

Kheapathic:
That is just embarrassing, how do you not know the continents or major oceans of the world. Now please correct me if I'm wrong (as I'm a yank), but isn't a 200 level course something like a bachelor level class?

Embarrassing yes, but hardly surprising or an isolated incident. For example: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/05/0502_060502_geography.html

But yeah, a 2000 level course (I know Graham said 200) is basically a second year course. Meanwhile, it's a course that only Sociology students are going to take, so Geography was probably never their thing to begin with. It's still pretty shameful. I would have liked to see some actual test results though. Is it only a couple of students here and there who are complete airheads? Or was it a majority? I would imagine the story is a little overblown.

Yay! Ron Dewings again!

Also boners.

Timothy Tucker:
I may have done this just for the lols but I think it's funny and somewhat relevant to be on this thread. I felt like I just had to after seeing that ending.
I don't know therefore Feed Dump

This actually made me laugh out loud.

To be fair, without looking it up I probably don't know all the oceans. Oh, I know a lot of them, and many many Seas, but will probably miss a few. Lets see, from memory:

North America
South America
Europe
Africa
Asia
Australia

Atlantic Ocean
Pacific Ocean
Indian Ocean?

Everything else I can think of are seas, gulfs, etc. Lets see how I did:

I missed the Arctic Ocean (could've sworn that was a Sea) and the Southern Ocean, which just sounds fake. Also forgot Antarctica as a continent, since it's unimportant. Looks like I'm a typical ignorant American, at least I got all the important areas...

Abomination:

shiajun:

A Kilogram is essentially 2.5 pounds. So a pound is about 2/5 of a kilogram.

Learning rainbow goes here.

Apparently it does not, for 1 Kilogram is 2.20462262 pounds. Basically 2.2, not 2.5, a pretty significant difference.
Really, it took me 3 seconds to google this.

Realitycrash:

Abomination:

shiajun:

A Kilogram is essentially 2.5 pounds. So a pound is about 2/5 of a kilogram.

Learning rainbow goes here.

Apparently it does not, for 1 Kilogram is 2.20462262 pounds. Basically 2.2, not 2.5, a pretty significant difference.
Really, it took me 3 seconds to google this.

"Learning Rainbow" was the only mistake in that post. He meant to say "Misleading Rainbow" which does indeed list the factor as 2.5 for conversion. Side note: Misleading Rainbow is missing the colors violet and orange and explains how one can convert cubic centimeters directly into units of sadness.

Sidney Buit:
To be fair, without looking it up I probably don't know all the oceans. Oh, I know a lot of them, and many many Seas, but will probably miss a few. Lets see, from memory:

North America
South America
Europe
Africa
Asia
Australia

Atlantic Ocean
Pacific Ocean
Indian Ocean?

Everything else I can think of are seas, gulfs, etc. Lets see how I did:

I missed the Arctic Ocean (could've sworn that was a Sea) and the Southern Ocean, which just sounds fake. Also forgot Antarctica as a continent, since it's unimportant. Looks like I'm a typical ignorant American, at least I got all the important areas...

Your missing the Southern (Antarctic) Ocean. Also Antarctica is colloquially considered an Continent (those some debate that its in fact an archipelago buried in ice.

Though I was told that there was a game show where someone was asked which continent France was on, and they couldn't decide whether it was on West Continent or East Continent. Sigh.

Though I would like to know how the professor found that out about his students.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here