Unskippable: Atelier Ayesha

Pages PREV 1 2

Are these Atelier games building up to a SSB deal where Rarona will try beating up Meruru?

Everytime I see that Unskippable is doing an Atelier game, I know I'm going to laugh my ass off.

Mydnyght:

canadamus_prime:

RyQ_TMC:

It was an experience which defined a generation.

It's interesting to note that Totori apparently becomes Meruru's instructor, but Meruru doesn't blow anything up.

No, Meruru did once screw up and explode something.

She does? I don't remember that. Of course I've only seen the Unskippables, haven't actually played the games.

DVS BSTrD:
Well this guy is different from the academics you've met Paul
he's a Rhodes scholar.

Somebody needs to recognize how gloriously awful that pun was, and I guess that someone is me. Well done.

canadamus_prime:
She does? I don't remember that. Of course I've only seen the Unskippables, haven't actually played the games.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/unskippable/6379-Atelier-Meruru-Part-Three
Well, there you go. Meruru starts screwing up at 1:43, and the explosion happens at around 2:45.

Captcha: Fantasy Football on NFL.com
DAMN, that was a long Captcha... ._.

Mydnyght:

canadamus_prime:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/unskippable/6379-Atelier-Meruru-Part-Three
Well, there you go. Meruru starts screwing up at 1:43, and the explosion happens at around 2:45.

Captcha: Fantasy Football on NFL.com
DAMN, that was a long Captcha... ._.

Yes, I rewatched it and you're right; she screws up Tortori's synthesis.

I don't always watch Unskippable (prefer LRR), but when I do, it's usually an Atelier game.

I haven't laughed that hard during an Unskippable since TOR.

Oinkmoo is still making me giggle.

Well done lads

As I watched these 7 minutes of GLORY, I could not stop myself from flinching back from the screen with a silly grin while pleading to 'MAKE IT STOP!!!!'

MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT STOOOOOP!!!!

I don't know why but this was the funniest Unskippable I've seen in awhile.

recurve6:
I really hope you guys play through every Atelier game you've bought someday.

Not that I would wish this upon you guys but if you do, you /have/ to turn it into a series GPLPs.

I really thought the oink-moo was coming from graham until they talked about it being an ingame effect.

Strife2GFAQs:
Keithgriff (the scholar) was voiced by Richard Epcar (Batou in Ghost in the Shell). Needless to say, the game is badass just cause he's in it. I did just use Atelier and badass in the same sentence.

actually, you didn't.

Was that Jill Valentine I heard?

I'm beginning to think that Koei has made one of these Atelier games every year for the last 25 years or something. This is getting ridiculous, WHO IS BUYING THESE!!!

J/K Everyone knows the Japanese are buying these. Who else buys a bunch of similar, boring games about young girls who are inexplicably good at something no one cares about in reality but in the game is basically a super-power.

...I'm sorry. I can't stand some of the English dubbing done for JRPGs, and the girl here was definitely one case where I wanted to hit her on the head just to get her to stop talking. I don't think that's quite the impression she's supposed to give.

Flunk:
I'm beginning to think that Koei has made one of these Atelier games every year for the last 25 years or something. This is getting ridiculous, WHO IS BUYING THESE!!!

J/K Everyone knows the Japanese are buying these. Who else buys a bunch of similar, boring games about young girls who are inexplicably good at something no one cares about in reality but in the game is basically a super-power.

I love the Atelier games myself, though I only played the ones on the PS2. And how is skills in alchemy something no one would care about? I made created things in those games ranging from simple food items to support items for battle to armor and weapons to fricking bombs. And it's nice to have Atelier's light hearted nature to balance out all the JRPG "OH GOD DIRE AND DARK WHOLE WORLDS GONNA BE DESTROYED ANGSSSSSTTTTTTT!!!!!!!

I kinda miss having a male protagonist though. Every single current console Atelier game has been a cutesy female lead. Newest Atelier game coming out is supposed to split between a male and a female lead, and letting the player choose which protagonist they want to go through the story as. It's similar to Atelier Iris 2, and it's nice they're going back to it.

Another Atelier game?
How many of those things *are* there???
Also, for the first 4 minutes, this was my reaction:
TELL ME YOUR NAME!

Proventus Avenicci from Skyrim eh? Yeah, I guess that was Epcar.

You are not far off but I am ... a lumberjack

For the type of game this is, this actually is a pretty decent isn't it. At least things make sense!

Captcha: I like you! I like you to captcha

Fricken Atelier. They look sooooo cheesy and soooooo low-budget (especially this one with the lip syncing) and yet I still want to try playing some of them.

I honestly hadn't been keeping up with Unskippable, but when I saw this was Atelier, I had to go see it. I wonder if the LRR guys will do two more parts to this (like they did with Meruru) or if they're done with this one cutscene.

I'm sure they can make two minutes of a static image interesting. ... If they don't end up killing themselves.

Man, these games have the most boring art style ever, and music is... blech, and the gameplay is so incredibly boring. I can't believe these even sell enough to warrant endless sequels and iterations.

Oh this was a good one. i havent laughed so hard in a while. Brilliant execution guys. Keep it up!

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here