Zero Punctuation: Spiderman: Web of Shadows

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

marksee:
gutted it wasnt sf4, maybe he couldnt find anything wrong with it so he couldnt review it...?

He would probably rant 4 minutes about it being too hard.

Wednesdays are always better after Yahtzee!

I love your brand of comedy, but can you PLEASE stop using the word "faggot", it's an offensive word and whilst used mostly in satire I still find the use to encourage the internet morons with their discrimination. While I know the whole "I'm not ignorant, I hate everyone" argument is good for a chuckle but frankly the previously mentioned word just succeeds in alienating your LGBT fans, and believe me, there's a lot of us.

DMPhantom:
Wednesdays are always better after Yahtzee!

No, because you know that it is another 7 days before a fresh review comes along. Wednesdays before Yahtzee are the best.

The Chase is better than the catch - Motorhead

Another great review Yahtzee. I remember the spider-man games becoming quite repetitive after you've played on them for a while. The swinging was always fun though and swinging into combat wasn't that bad.

Looking forward to next weeks show.

Parallel Streaks:
I love your brand of comedy, but can you PLEASE stop using the word "faggot", it's an offensive word and whilst used mostly in satire I still find the use to encourage the internet morons with their discrimination. While I know the whole "I'm not ignorant, I hate everyone" argument is good for a chuckle but frankly the previously mentioned word just succeeds in alienating your LGBT fans, and believe me, there's a lot of us.

lol, I have to say I was surprised when I heard the word crop up.

I don't know if its edgy or just lazy. Frankly I don't care, but I wouldn't have used the term myself.

Cool, didn't see this game being reviewed any time soon, good stuff!

This game looked very repetitive in its structure... reviews seemed to echo this...

Being a spiderman geek myself I find it funny that he's ripping on a game that ruined my childhood memories.

love ZP! it's so true about the spider-man 2 game though. i loved just swinging around not really doing anything other than enjoying swinging just like how you can enjoy just driving around running people over in GTA games :D the games were deffinately gonna go downhill though based on the spider-man 3 game..

Decent review. A more topical one may have been more welcome (SF4, KZ2, Halo Wars, Deadly Creatures) but it was better than last week and still provided a much needed laugh for today.

I really loved the swinging in Spiderman 2 aswell, the next title already had made it less fun.

I think he's caotic good, his anger is just a facade.

Yahtzee is defiantly Chaotic Neutral, or Hostilely Indifferent.

I just want to remid everyone that Yahtzee is not a real game critic rather a comedian. He provides us with good laughs and entertainment. He is what Jon Stewart is to real news.

nice

I laughed really hard when I heard:

and

Well done again Yahtzee. It was all about the game,beautifully done as always and maybe even one of the best reviews in a long time. The people who say you're getting dull can go shove it

Abominus:

inventor:
Gee,a bad movie-spin-of-game. suprising, or not! I knew that just by reading the title, and looking at the box!

there's a movie about Web of Shadows? must have missed that.....

Isen't this game about the third movie, or at least to some degree based on the film? ;)
However it's a spin-of-geme and those are always lame!

One word: Gunblade-chucks. When there is a fighting game with nunchaku-that-are-also-swords-that-are-also-guns, THEN there will be nothing left new in fighting games. Provided, of course, that we have a full selection. If you don't offer an epee-sniper rifle-seven section staff, don't even bother.

I must agrea with this review. While I unstand the plot I am as a spiderman nerd fan. There was alot of bad voice acting with combat was way to over done it that game. There was a mass lack of webseing. I did not how have find my PS3 chunging. Must be a 360 and wii problem only. Bet the PC vrs is good if you havee a good comp. I still found that the allies where great to unlock. Lol I sure the nerd in the review loved the chance to hang out with your Marvel heroes. All and all get spiderman 2 for webswing fun.

huh, I rather like the combat in spiderman 2. oh well

Parallel Streaks:
I love your brand of comedy, but can you PLEASE stop using the word "faggot", it's an offensive word and whilst used mostly in satire I still find the use to encourage the internet morons with their discrimination.

I actually know quite a few gay people who use the phrase themselves, but they've changed the meaning of it. From what I can tell it's more a reference to complete and utter idiots than homosexuals from their usage. So I guess it just goes to show, someone can give offense, but only you can take offense.

As for the review, wonderful as always. I was actually quite interested in this game for a while, but if it's as dull as the review makes it out to be, i'll pass. :)

YAY YAHTZEE, i also liked the spider man 2 game

Worst review so fare?
or maybe he wanted it to be bad just to see if everyone would write nice things in the comments.

sipe:
Worst review so fare?
or maybe he wanted it to be bad just to see if everyone would write nice things in the comments.

Nope. I laughed pretty well all the way through it and found it to be a pretty spot-on review, as well.

Great review, I played web of shadows and I have to agree, webslinging was the most fun in that game.

Did anyone else noticed the web-swing flaw? In that, when you start to swing over the park, you're web hooked onto the air itself. I immediately thought of the old beat 'em ups from the SNES/Genesis days.

The escapist forums: where "moderation" is a paradox.

Nightfalke:

Scypemonk:
Nice review.

And just to prove how big a nerd i am, you can't be chaotic since your too orderly. You are Neutral Evil.

I dunno. I'd say Chaotic Neutral because he is boldly flying in the face of the establishment (Chaotic), and not really doing it for good or for evil, but for himself (Neutral).

You are correct in saying that he is orderly, however. So, in reality, we just need to know Yatzee's true reason for doing ZP. If he is trying to shake up the game reviewing world, I'd say CN. If he is trying to subvert the world and eventually crush it under his heel, then I'd go NE, or even Lawful Evil.

Maybe he is just PC (Publicly Chaotic). But your arguement is pretty valid, actually he is probably more like True Neutral, or tries to be, since reviewing requires you to be impartial. So he is somewhere between True Neutral and Chaotic Evil.

On a sidenote, have i been playing to much D&D?

Muh...wasn't going to get this anyway. I loved Spiderman 2, simply because of the web swinging. However, I played Spiderman 3 a few years later, and maybe because the movie was shit, or because it was a crappy PS2 port, it wasn't nearly as good. I could stand Spiderman 2's dialogue (I actually quite liked the sections with black cat) but Spiderman 3 just had hilariously bad voice acting, mostly from the real actors strangley enough.

I've come to the conclusion that Spiderman 2 was an awesome accident, like acid.

Anyway, great review yahtzee, hilarious of coarse.

I'm surprised there aren't any posts yet of people wangsting themselves inside out over "Gears of War vs. The British Space-Nazis" here. Perhaps the PS3 contingent on here has grown up

*looks at any thread about the Wii* Oh wait, nevermind.

Anyway I thoroughly laughed heartily at this review. Granted it's not a game I would have expected him to review but it was an amusing "diversion" of sorts.

D_987:
There were a lot of "Emo" references in this one - I certainly agree with regards to Spiderman 2, the web swinging being the best part of the game. I would have preferred a review on Street Fighter IV as opposed to a whine about how Spiderman games are terrible.

Personally hoping for Killzone 2. Didn't understand how they look like British space nazi's.

Sequels with numbers on the end? Bollocks to them all, I say!

*goes to Best Buy to buy Empire: Total War---hey, at least they didn't call it "Total War 5".*

I have no idea what chaotic nuetral means.

The best I can guess is... a jerk?

Pretty much anyone who disagrees with with Yahtzee on this one is either five years old or PANTS-ON-HEAD RETARDED (Awsome saying).

AceDiamond:
I'm surprised there aren't any posts yet of people wangsting themselves inside out over "Gears of War vs. The British Space-Nazis" here. Perhaps the PS3 contingent on here has grown up

*looks at any thread about the Wii* Oh wait, nevermind.

Anyway I thoroughly laughed heartily at this review. Granted it's not a game I would have expected him to review but it was an amusing "diversion" of sorts.

Wow, just wow; how can anyone complain about the PS3 owners that populate when the PC fanboys are 10x worse.

It's been four weeks, with only two recent game reviews.

I was personally preferring Halo Wars, but I chuckles a few times here, too.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here