China Uses Top Gun Footage to Fake Military Strength

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

China is so behind, Top Gun is a brand new movie to their people!

That was uncalled for. China is great at copypasta.

Just to be the first.

OT: Seen it. Funny. Even more hilarious when you realize they probably pirated it. :P

HankMan:
So our jobs aren't enough, You have to steal our movies as well?

"What happened to you China? You used to be cool."

mmm? When?

I'm not surprised by anything immoral or illegal coming from China any more.

Irrefutable doctored evidence that the scientologists are taking over the Chinese Air Force!

DUN DUN DUUUUUNNNNNN!

Hahaha seeing this made my night. At least they picked a good movie.

Top Gundam at the amusement park?

wammnebu:
pffpt, thats nothing, check out the US navy's test for their rail gun

And that made the thread come full circle!

That is so strange, my first reaction was 'Whaaaaaat?'

For some strange reason, I didn't fall from my chair laughing on this, I was kinda indifferent...

emeraldrafael:

Akalabeth:
Is anyone surprised? Blowing up planes costs money.

I am, they could be put to death for questioning the Chinese Gov. That guy who stood up in to the tanks in Teniman Square, he could be dead, and it could all be a fake. Its not too far stretched a thought.

Umm... that guy *is* dead. Never heard from again after they hauled him off for doing that.

darkknight9:
Snip

POINT IS: I'm just saying, these people could be hauled away too.

china might as well be posting recruitment posts on 4chan

Please. The Chinese have been thieving Top Gun from for more than 20 years.

Observe: 1986 Top gun http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaPIGm0roeU

Girl chases boy, Take my Breath Away in soundtrack, kiss.

1988 As Tears Go By http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lQx1Sejp8Y

Girl chases boy, Take my Breath Away in soundtrack, kiss.

emeraldrafael:

darkknight9:
Snip

POINT IS: I'm just saying, these people could be hauled away too.

Agreed. No argument here.

This can mean only one thing, America must fight back!

Our newest footage from our army

Otherwise this is just too funny.

I actually support the media doing this.

It'd be far more interesting.

Come on China... I would expect this from North Korea but not you...<.<

Edit: also it would be hilarious if they we're sued for Copyright infringement or whatever...

Copypasta at its finest, people.

It is really dumb on CCTV's part. It is the age of Internet. Do they really think they can get away with it?

didn't they fake their space walk too?

enzilewulf:
Well at least they know how to copy and paste.

I work in the sciences; and believe me, this is the bulk of what they do.

This is China we're talking about. Who's surprised?

On a related note, I recall CCTV using music from Chrono Cross and Oblivion in a documentary about ancestral buildings. And that just makes me angry.

Really? This is news? Meh...

It's not like the U.S. military doesn't finance entire movies that glorify its war triumphs to the point of absurdum like Pearl Harbor. So how silly is it really to just skip all that and instead borrow from old-time classics for advertisement instead? If you want to look up silly, try looking at that phenomenon too please. Or feel free to ignore the actual point of this whole thing (glorifying one's military through fictional means) and instead keep on screaming "IP rights have been violated!!! Laaaaaaame!" across the board.

Because lord knows that's what will keep us in the right perspective of why China did this. *sigh*

Somewhere...out there... an obsessive compulsive topgun fan has just had his BEST DAY EVER.

angry_flashlight:
Hey maybe they'll use a scene from Aliens next showing off their new automatic turrets.

Don't be silly they'll use gameplay footage from TF2.

It is fake I can see the pixel! Oh wait, my screen has just bad resolution... And It is fake... Never mind this!

I love Chinese government, they are like 13 years old brats faking their voice in FPS games to think they really are 18 years old. (Sad part is, they think they can do it when they can't.)

Hachibi:
So..... Dose this mean Top Gun came from China?

Well if we use the old method from the playground of "there's more of us and we could beat you up if you don't give us our ball back" Then yes, it is, the world belongs to China.

On the whole, this just proves how pathetic/tightfisted China is, (to go back to my playground analogy) they are like the kid who plagiarized Shakespeare for his English essay, because it's the only way he thinks he could get noticed and still get top marks because his father would beat up anyone who disagreed.

Loonerinoes:
Really? This is news? Meh...

It's not like the U.S. military doesn't finance entire movies that glorify its war triumphs to the point of absurdum like Pearl Harbor. So how silly is it really to just skip all that and instead borrow from old-time classics for advertisement instead? If you want to look up silly, try looking at that phenomenon too please. Or feel free to ignore the actual point of this whole thing (glorifying one's military through fictional means) and instead keep on screaming "IP rights have been violated!!! Laaaaaaame!" across the board.

Because lord knows that's what will keep us in the right perspective of why China did this. *sigh*

Well, they still obviously did the wrong thing. The right thing would have been to re-use old footage from 20 years ago, like western media did with the Soviets fighting in Afghanistan and cheerins Arabs in the wake of September 11.

China, you disappoint me sometimes.

Oh China, you so funny.

Ridiculous.

Well that's... really dumb. I mean I know there's a lot of piracy and theft there but this on CCTV? Wow.

I don't care china can be my wing man any time.

That's pathetically hilarious.

wammnebu:
pffpt, thats nothing, check out the US navy's test for their rail gun

Yeah, George Lucas actually stole top secret military footage and based the whole Star Wars series around that.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here