Westboro Baptist Church, Wikileaks Troll Steve Jobs' Death

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Well done Phelps

Gold star for general intelligence

Greg Tito:
"Rebels mad cuz I used iPhone to tell you Steve Jobs is in hell. God created iPhone for that purpose! :)"

I'm slightly drunk and the stupidity in that statement is clear even to me. Is there anything that can be done to stop them picketing the funeral? Wasn't there something a few months back about people counter protesting and physically stopping them get to the funeral? I believe it was noteworthy because Hell's Angels joined in.

Damn it. The only ones going to hell is WBC. They really have no clue about God.

I think for some reason the irony is lost on WBC.

As for Assange however, that has to be the biggest dick move, and way too soon for anything like that to pop up. I didn't like that guy in the first place but i now no longer care if he gets jailed, a dick move is a dick move, and disrespecting the dead and the departed's family is the highest of all.

And this isn't even trolling, this is just pathetic. I wouldn't even put it in the same class as trolling. I'm sure the trolls themselves have some decent common sense. but then again look how quick the michael jackson jokes were when he died.

Somehow I'm not surprised that the Westboro Baptist Church got on to this. It still makes me want to commit genocide though.

This is more than disrespectful, this is down right evil. Both of them are just a down right embaressment to me as a Christian and as a human being. I hope that when the Phelps die they receive about as much respect as they've shown or even better no press at all.

It speaks well of WBC that they now give their press releases in troll speak.

Does anyone else think its ironic that a religious group espousing the immorality of everything, has been influenced by the language of 4chan?

Not an Apple fan here, but I do respect the dead enough not to shit-talk them after they've passed. Being dead they cannot defend themselves, so I figure the issue is closed.
I do think though while WBC is full of zealots and morons, there are a lot of Apple users out there who are pretty cultish as well, and I wouldn't be surprised if they idolize/deify Steve Jobs, esp. now.
Let the man rest in peace, and hopefully Apple will follow when people realize they're overpaying for a limited product.

Ignore them.

Ignore them all.

These people care about nothing, but their own agenda.

Should they all pass away in the many years to come,

No one shall hear their last words.

I highly doubt that was Assange, seems like a complete internet troll move and that man has a bit different things on his plate.

As for WBP.... Americans you do have lots of guns, accidents happen...

Oh, poor poor Steve Jobs. He must be getting so hurt about this right now. Or not, seeing as how he's physically incapable to give a single fuck about anything right now.

Stop getting offended on behalf of other people, especially dead ones.

CrimsonBlaze:
Ignore them.

Ignore them all.

These people care about nothing, but their own agenda.

Should they all pass away in the many years to come,

No one shall hear their last words.

I understand your logic, but it's not very easy to ignore people who picket funerals. But i do want to hear the WBC's last words.
Their last words shall mark the end of their efforts to degrade and insult the rest of humanity. And because of that, i cannot think of a more beautiful noise in the world.

Can we stop posting fucking news about these assholes? They're clearly trolls, and we should do all we can to ignore them.

Just don't bring it up; you're giving them exactly what they want - attention.

Ok first off, WBC...
YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!!! I mean seriously, why are those people so dickish towards pretty much anyone who isn't part of their congragation?

Second, I didn't know that the WBC protested the San Diego Comic Con. On what suppossed grounds did they feel they needed to protest there?

Didn't someone get arrested for "trolling" earlier this year? Can't we just do the same thing again?

And FYI Margie Phelps, the day you die I will come and be a dick at your funeral to, you know favour for favour :D

I highly doubt that the idiots of the WBC will get within viewing distance of the funeral of such a rich and prestigious man. They're just saying it to stir up controversy, like always.

These people are tolerated?

I'm gonna paraphrase yahtzee here "This is the protesting equivelant of a 6 year old banging hes head against the wall because he want's attention". Pure troll here, move along.

Basic math.

Apple = Created iPhone.
God = Created iPhone.

Apple = God.

Yes, why haven't we noticed that yet..

Y'know, it's times like this when I actually hope there is a heaven and a hell, so when the members of the WBC all die and end up exactly where they say everyone but them is going we can all spend eternity laughing at them from on high.

You'd think the WBC would at least take the time to realize how completely fucking ridiculous it is to tweet something negative about Steve Jobs from an iPhone. As for Julian Assange, stay classy, Julian. I may not be pro-Mac but I can't deny that his influence has changed computing as we know it, he really deserves better than that, but, trolls are trolls.

Rush Limbaugh of all people spent all day praising him. Rush. Limbaugh >.< !

I was in stitches when I saw she tweeted that from an iPhone.

And then I laughed even harder when she said that God made the iPhone. Gotta love the stupidity of these religious extremist nutjobs, who would do anything to get attention.

Mr.K.:
I highly doubt that was Assange, seems like a complete internet troll move and that man has a bit different things on his plate.

As for WBP.... Americans you do have lots of guns, accidents happen...

Indeed they do... I'll be right back.

Honestly, I dont even give a fuck anymore, I'm just tired of them.

Captcha: slease techniques (How appropriate.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjyrqVgWPXY

I find this slightly Ironic, seeing as WBC is giving off the OBEY! message.

It's a stretch to call them Christian. To be Christian is to accept that you are flawed from the start, and no actions of your own accord will make it possible to be saved, only belief that Jesus Christ died for your sins and was resurrected will save you. Not backwards rituals, archaic laws, or prejudice against others. Not only that, but he was sent because of God's inherent love for each and every one of us, which kind of overrides his "wrath" against certain groups.

WBC doesn't surprise me anymore. They are and have always been trolls. Ignore them and go on with life.

*Looks at loaded AK hanging on wall*

No............ not yet.................. not yet............

xitel:

After several people pointed out the irony of using the product created by the same man she was damning, Phelps responded, "Rebels mad cuz I used iPhone to tell you Steve Jobs is in hell. God created iPhone for that purpose! :)"

God created the iPhone. The iPhone was created by Apple. Thus, we can assume that according to the WBC, Apple is God. Now, Steve Jobs was the creator of Apple. Thus, if Apple is God, then Steve Jobs created God, thus making him a step higher than God. WBC is protesting against Steve Jobs. meaning that WBC is protesting against the man who created God. Logic. It just... it doesn't work with WBC. It can't.

Well played, my friend, well played.

I wouldn't worry about it since the sheer numbers of the Apple fans will outnumber them 10 to 1. Man that is so idiotic and hypocrite to troll him while using his product to do so.

I interpret Phelps' smiley-face there as a clear sign of insanity

I interpret her membership in the westboro baptist church as a clear sign of insanity.

Also, Seriously? What kind of crack are you smoking? I seen more coherent arguments from paranoid schizophrenics. He spread godlessness? gave god no glory and taught sin? Okay i'm no expert on Steve Jobs but i'm pretty sure he didn't do that, I dunno even how he would do that? Also from your iPhone? REALLY? in fact...

God created the iPhone? you just basically said Steve Jobs is God... To quote someone you can relate to.

Ron White:
You know what? next time you have thought? ...Let it go.

I... i just... WHAT DOES PICKETTING THE FUNERAL OF A DEAD GUY ACCOMLISH OTHER THAN MAKING YOU LOOK LIKE AN ASSHOLES?

IT JUST... GAHHH! I HAVE RAGE! >=O

Aww! But Assange is a rebel standing up to the MAN and keeping our rights safe! Right? RIGHT?

xitel:

After several people pointed out the irony of using the product created by the same man she was damning, Phelps responded, "Rebels mad cuz I used iPhone to tell you Steve Jobs is in hell. God created iPhone for that purpose! :)"

God created the iPhone. The iPhone was created by Apple. Thus, we can assume that according to the WBC, Apple is God. Now, Steve Jobs was the creator of Apple. Thus, if Apple is God, then Steve Jobs created God, thus making him a step higher than God. WBC is protesting against Steve Jobs. meaning that WBC is protesting against the man who created God. Logic. It just... it doesn't work with WBC. It can't.

This thread is going to reach rather large proportions, but I do believe you effectively /threaded it. In regards to the WBC that is.

As for Assange? What an asshat.

Woodsey:
The one with Assange doesn't really seem like his style.

I have to agree with this as well. I have little respect for Assange but this seems out of character. Has he responded to this since? If it was him I bet even the OpenLeaks people are surprised he'd stoop so low.

doesn't that just point out the route insanity of religious fanatics. here's a man who did nothing wrong, pushed technology forward, made people's lives more conveniant, more enjoyable, even if only marginally.
nope! nope! that was god! god did that! this man's going to hell because!... because he was popular and he wasn't god!

I expect this from WBBC, Julian Assange however just lost any shrivel of respect I had for him.

Also if I was the WBBC, I wouldn't want to be pissing off Apple's Lawyers.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here