Kingdom Hearts Getting Remixed for PS3

Pages PREV 1 2

I really hope they release this outside of Japan. If they do I will buy another PS3 again just to play these.

I really hope they release it internationally. I also hope they release KH2 and BBS with HD versions as well. This will make me buy a PS3!

*Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

Square, I am tired of throwing my money at the screen in hopes of getting KH3. As many of us said, we're not willing to buy a GBA, DS, 3DS and a Vita just to play the whole thing.
So! If this is released in the US, yay. That will appease me for a while. I mean, I already have CoM, so maybe KH1 Final Mix will do (Even though it's not that much of a difference compared to the regular version) and maybe 358/2. Maybe. I mean, they're no KH3 but alright.

Hey, why is Square being so dumb? They know KH3 would sell like hot pancakes in the middle of a starving village in Alaska. They know a PS3 FFVII remastered version would fly off the shelves. Hell, for the latter, they don't even have to come up with a storyline; just pretty graphics! So then, why this? and why do I get the feeling that there's gonna be a Remix v2 that comes with KH2 Final Mix, Re:Coded and BBS?

Square, I am getting pretty tired of your bullshit. By the time KH3 comes out, I'll be so senile I won't even remember what KH is!
And I wouldn't be half surprised if they pulled a FFXIV and went all "Oh, well, KH3 would look better for the next gen consoles, don't you think? :D"

Capitano Segnaposto:

Regardless, this is amazing.

To start. I think of this as as a joke, and a poor one at that. I'm not saying I would buy the original final mix, but i'm more insulted by the fact that there is no re release of the first game in the kingdom hearts storyline KH BirthbySleep. Personally i want the final mix version of this and it would also be nice if they make an hd make of BBS that they give them back their capes that they had to take out due to the psp graphical restrictions.

Either way, I'll be happy. Give me KH 1 and 2 with HD and I'll be sorted for quite some time I think. Obligatory KH3 moaning. That said, still looks pretty groovy.

Why does anyone at all care? I've owned, played and enjoyed every single Kingdom Hearts game, so I consider myself a fan. What am I missing? I don't want my old games sold to me again with another layer of pain and shine. If I want to play them again, I'll... play them. Why shell out money for better looking versions of the games we already own and why get excited at the prospect of doing just that?

NotALiberal:

Myndnix:

NotALiberal:
This isn't infuriating at all. Nope. Just what I wanted Squeenix, another spin-off instead of KH3.

I wasn't aware that games that explain the backstory and universe AND have better gameplay than the PS2 games counted as 'spinoffs'. We must have a different definition of the term.

That's your opinion, and yes, technically they are spin-offs. Truth of the matter is, I don't have enough money to buy the 100 different platforms just so I can play some handheld exclusive.

Well it sounds like, if it gets released outside Japan, this collection will go a ways toward solving that issue.

Beautiful End:
*Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

Hey, why is Square being so dumb? They know KH3 would sell like hot pancakes in the middle of a starving village in Alaska. They know a PS3 FFVII remastered version would fly off the shelves. Hell, for the latter, they don't even have to come up with a storyline; just pretty graphics! So then, why this? and why do I get the feeling that there's gonna be a Remix v2 that comes with KH2 Final Mix, Re:Coded and BBS?

They seem to think FF Versus XIII would sell better, so the core KH team is tied up working on that infernal project for god knows how long. I expect these HD re-releases are being touched up by a separate team.

...I don't get it.

Shouldn't they release KH1, RE:CoM, and KH2?

I mean, the first three games in one collection is perfect for people who have never played the series and is the great suspense builder for KH3, yet they pack in 358/2 Days?

Wut.

Squeenix's stupidity aside, I really hope this gets ported with the addition on KH2.

Meh, who cares....just give me KH3 already...jesus.

I never had a reason to buy a console over my PC.

I have one now.

PLEASE tell me this is getting a Canadian release. PLEASE! I will love you forever Square!

EcoEclipse:
They couldn't fit the entire series in there? The recently released God of War Saga managed to fit all six(?) games on one disc.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the God of War Saga had two discs? The first had One and Two, the second had Three, and then you got downloadable vouchers for the two PSP games. I wouldn't know since I haven't bought it myself, so perhaps someone could clear this up? Simply what I heard what was in the package.

Anyways, this is pretty great news. It fits into SE's "Release a new KH Title every year" plan they have had going since about 2008. And this was alluded to in DDD's Secret Message, so hopefully (and honestly, more than likely) they will be released outside of Japan.

And while having Days cutscenes included makes sense considering 1.5 is going about this chronologically rather than release, I'm still surprised they are doing this. Days did spoil a couple of plot points to KH2, and then they are probably going to release KH2 later on in the supposed 2.5? Just seems a bit...weird. And while the cutscenes to Days is nice, how they impliment it slightly worries me. Is it going to be like those special features on Advent Children which took cutscenes from the games and just made it a video for you to catch up on? If so, that's a bit disappointing I suppose. Or are they going to make some actual better cutscenes instead of just dialogue boxes to better explain the story? Square hasn't really said anything about just what they mean with this. I mean, I already own Days, but it would be nice to hear some voice acting from cutscenes or something, especially for those that never played it.

Of course this won't mean too much if it doesn't get released outside of Japan, but I think it will. Sadly, I think this supposed 2.5 is the better of the deal (although I love Birth By Sleep so I might be bias), and we won't get that till probably 2014. And even though I have all the games already...I can't help but want to throw my money at SE.

Oh, but Square? Try and fix the horrible lip movements in Re:CoM if you can. I mean, I don't know if you can, it was just really, really distracting while playing.

Xathos:

EcoEclipse:
They couldn't fit the entire series in there? The recently released God of War Saga managed to fit all six(?) games on one disc.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the God of War Saga had two discs? The first had One and Two, the second had Three, and then you got downloadable vouchers for the two PSP games. I wouldn't know since I haven't bought it myself, so perhaps someone could clear this up? Simply what I heard what was in the package.

Yeah, actually. That's how it is. I should probably do my due diligence before talking out of my ass.

I was just sort of assuming based on previous collections being one-disc affairs. I kind of thought that was the point.

twaddle:

Capitano Segnaposto:

Regardless, this is amazing.

To start. I think of this as as a joke, and a poor one at that. I'm not saying I would buy the original final mix, but i'm more insulted by the fact that there is no re release of the first game in the kingdom hearts storyline KH BirthbySleep. Personally i want the final mix version of this and it would also be nice if they make an hd make of BBS that they give them back their capes that they had to take out due to the psp graphical restrictions.

I assume they will come out with BBS and KH2 FM versions afterwords, in reMIX 2.5. Anyways, with RE: CoM and KHFM, with Cutscenes from 358/2, I am happy. At least we are getting an HD collection.

I can easilly wait for the other two games at a later date.

SkarKrow:

Vault Citizen:
If this is getting released outside of Japan then FINALLY! it took them long enough to get final mix outside of Japan. If not then this news is just annoying.

I also hope they do a 2.5 with BBS and 2:FM.

Best case scenario this could be another announcement I've been waiting for con true, worst case scenario I'm going to start thinking that Square Enix is just taunting non Japanese fans.

This'd be great if it got to Europe, it'd mean we FINALLY get re-chain of memories.
I really hope this does come out in US and EU, I love Kingdom Hearts and I don't see why western territories always get shafted by squeenix.

I emailed Square and was told that this announcement was Japan only. I'm beginning to think that Square doesn't like their US, EU, AU, etc customers.

neonsword13-ops:
...I don't get it.

Shouldn't they release KH1, RE:CoM, and KH2?

I mean, the first three games in one collection is perfect for people who have never played the series and is the great suspense builder for KH3, yet they pack in 358/2 Days?

Wut.

Squeenix's stupidity aside, I really hope this gets ported with the addition on KH2.

How is it stupid?

It is Kingdom Hearts reMIX 1.5, not 2.0, not 2.5, just 1.5. AKA Kingdom Hearts 1 + .5 (CoM and 358/2). They are giving us this for now, with KH2 and BBS at a later date.

Again? Not that an HD version is a bad thing... but I'm still impatiently waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3, the one that will (hopefully) wrap everything up. Yes, the did recently release Dream Drop Distance... but I'd wish they'd quit stretching it out...

I hope it comes to Europe, I would much rather have 1+2 and Re:Com remade in a HD Collection.

Although I do like days being remade, hope it gets a huge overhaul, the DS game had a good story but damn, the gameplay sucked.

I wish they remade Re:CoM to have KH2 gameplay (the card thing sucked ass) and have 358/2 Days to have KH2 gameplays as well, also, make it look pretty, Days looked and played like ass, really should have been for PSP.

Vault Citizen:

SkarKrow:

Vault Citizen:
If this is getting released outside of Japan then FINALLY! it took them long enough to get final mix outside of Japan. If not then this news is just annoying.

I also hope they do a 2.5 with BBS and 2:FM.

Best case scenario this could be another announcement I've been waiting for con true, worst case scenario I'm going to start thinking that Square Enix is just taunting non Japanese fans.

This'd be great if it got to Europe, it'd mean we FINALLY get re-chain of memories.
I really hope this does come out in US and EU, I love Kingdom Hearts and I don't see why western territories always get shafted by squeenix.

I emailed Square and was told that this announcement was Japan only. I'm beginning to think that Square doesn't like their US, EU, AU, etc customers.

Think? I know they don't by now man I've had all the evidence I need over the years.

Capitano Segnaposto:
Well, apparently 358/2 will be remade into cutscenes and the actual game won't be released with it.

This partially confuses and excites me. The story for 358/2 was the best (poor Xion T-T). However the gameplay itself kind of sucked.

Oh well, as long as they keep the story I will be fine.

I'm actually okay with this. I agree, 358/2 had a great story... but it was spread WAAAY too thin over the course of the game. That game had more grind than a stripper pole.

Anyways, SE better localize this. I'd love for a chance to play Kingdom Hearts again, haven't played it since my backwards-compatable PS3 bit the dust. And I've never actually played RE: Chain of Memories, I'd like to see if it really IS better than the GBA original.

You hear that SE? Localize this!

yea, I thought Kingdom Hearts 3D was this "elusive" Kingdom Hearts 3?

Leemaster777:

Capitano Segnaposto:
Well, apparently 358/2 will be remade into cutscenes and the actual game won't be released with it.

This partially confuses and excites me. The story for 358/2 was the best (poor Xion T-T). However the gameplay itself kind of sucked.

I'm actually okay with this. I agree, 358/2 had a great story... but it was spread WAAAY too thin over the course of the game. That game had more grind than a stripper pole.

Anyways, SE better localize this. I'd love for a chance to play Kingdom Hearts again, haven't played it since my backwards-compatable PS3 bit the dust. And I've never actually played RE: Chain of Memories, I'd like to see if it really IS better than the GBA original.

They will. The only thing is: Will it be Kingdom Hearts Final Mix? They might screw us over with a non-FM version... again.

Mimsofthedawg:

Nope. 3D is just the shorter version of the name. It is actually called Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance. Not a 3 in the name. It plays the part of a .5 and getting things rolling for Kingdom hearts 3 Proper.

Japan only? and a re-release compilation at that?

>.>

now, i'm not a fan of KH, i stopped caring somewhere in KH2 and pawned it, but with all the people that do still like it, why not just make KH3 instead of another shitty FF game no one wants ...

hell if they wanna re-release something, Seiken Densetsu 3 could use some love -.-

Capitano Segnaposto:

Leemaster777:

Capitano Segnaposto:

They will. The only thing is: Will it be Kingdom Hearts Final Mix? They might screw us over with a non-FM version... again.

Mimsofthedawg:

Interesting.

I LOVE Kingdom Hearts. Not just for regular gaming reasons. I was going through a serious bought of depression-near-suicide and something about this game gave me hope to carry on. Hopefully with these FM's I'll be able to catch up on what I've missed in the portable games.

Nope. 3D is just the shorter version of the name. It is actually called Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance. Not a 3 in the name. It plays the part of a .5 and getting things rolling for Kingdom hearts 3 Proper.

Mimsofthedawg:

No, but as the secret message at the end of DDD tells you: "This leads to Kingdom Hearts III"

I'd rather have FF12: Zodiac come out.

Tanis:

Yeah, but...considering Square-Enix has this weird thing about not wanting to make lot's of money, they won't. I would like it too, but alas, Square has some strange business practices.

I got excited for a moment there then realized that they weren't doing Kingdom Hearts 1 or 2, so I don't care.
Seriously Squenix just do an HD of 1&2, then fucking make Kingdom Hearts 3 for fucks sake! Enough is enough with this spin-off BS.

Sadly I don't see this getting released outside of Japan at all. The same can be said about the International FF games. I mean FF X International has English voice acting and even an option to put the text in English, yet it was never released outside of Japan. I own all the Final Mix games and I mean the voice acting is in English so all they had to do was translate the text, but they didn't. Also they are putting the voice acting in Japanese since in Final Mix certain cutscenes did not have dialogue as they were newly made. That makes it even less likely for them to localize it. However don't that deter you as the PS3 is not region coded and can play imports. Still find it funny though that I finally get around to importing the first Final Mix and start LPing it and then they announce this HD Remake. It's like when I got KH II Final Mix + which comes with a Japanese copy of Re:Chain of Memories and suddenly 3 months later the English version of Re:Chain of Memories is released. I swear that Square is conspiring against me. Sorry to be Sir Buzz Killington but I don't want to see too many hopes get up and quickly have them dashed away. That being said I'm getting it because I can read and understand Japanese so it doesn't matter if it's Japanese only or not. XD

Tanis:

Trust me they improved quite a bit on it. I can tell you how to play imports on your PS2 if you want. They also have made a full English patch for the game to. I imported it and it is quite fun. The only thing to really get used to is that the "x" and "o" button are reversed. Same thing in KH Final Mix.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here