SimCity Trailer Shows Off Pre-Order Incentives

Pages PREV 1 2

KelDG:

Blunderboy:

Raiyan 1.0:

Yay for expensive rentals!

Doesn't bother me and I'm buying it.
You're not buying it and you're more bothered than me.
Logic?

I can still load up my original Sim City 2000 and do for a laugh every now and again because it still rocks, (Go Darko Arco :)).

Just Sayin.

Given that I'm sure an offline crack or the like will be out by then, I'm sure people will find a way. Thanks.
Besides I doubt I'll be playing it for 5-10 years anyway.

What I am looking forward to though it no longer having to listen to people tell me that I'm wrong, when I really don't care what they think.

Blunderboy:

KelDG:

Blunderboy:

Doesn't bother me and I'm buying it.
You're not buying it and you're more bothered than me.
Logic?

I can still load up my original Sim City 2000 and do for a laugh every now and again because it still rocks, (Go Darko Arco :)).

Just Sayin.

Given that I'm sure an offline crack or the like will be out by then, I'm sure people will find a way. Thanks.
Besides I doubt I'll be playing it for 5-10 years anyway.

What I am looking forward to though it no longer having to listen to people tell me that I'm wrong, when I really don't care what they think.

Fair enough, but keep in mind there have been hints some of the simulation is server side, so I highly doubt there will be an offline crack (even so should you have to go to that effort for a game you bought?).

There is no one right or wrong here, you may play the game for a year then dump it, fair enough, but there are a lot of Sim-City fans who are still playing 4 after all this time (really because there are not many of this kind of game about), and the thought of the chance that this new one could be "shut down" after even a decent amount of time is very hard to swallow.

I still stand firm with the unreliable internet crowd too, some people just don't have a decent connection, I am lucky where I am, but I have friends that certainly don't have a reliable connection, especially in bad weather (usually when you want to game).

I like how they took a well constructed franchise and destroyed it in nearly every aspect. Thanks EA for destroying my childhood. Maxis don't deserve this.

I met a guy who works at Maxis last week. I mentioned how I am excited for the new Sim City. He said, "Ooof. You might want to stay away from it. It's a mess." while his GF(also in the game industry) nodded her head in agreement. So I'm gonna steer clear.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here