App Store Rejects "Uncomfortable" Sweatshop Game

Pages PREV 1 2

Looks like this time, the app banning story has only made a handful of gaming news sites and a few tech news sites. In this case, it looks like Apple has for the most part succeeded in squelching the message. I guess if you ban enough apps for political reasons, people stop paying attention.

A little too close to home for Apple. Since that's where their hardware (and most hardware for that matter) is produced.

KeyMaster45:
The website to play the game on is running extremely slow. No doubt because of all the free publicity it just got from Apple removing it from the app store.

Maybe this game is a bit too "small" to be released on Steam, but i bet it would be greenlit in a heartbeat if devs decided to publish it now.

PunkRex:
As if anyone who played this would be anything but a massive ass-hole, people would just play it like a even more fucked up Dungeon Keeper. Not that I don't commend their efforts to spread awareness.

Its free to play, go give it an actual go before telling everyone who played it that they're assholes. Its actually pretty good, its level based and it's got a lot of information in there. Calling everyone who plays it assholes and comparing it to dungeon keeper without playing it is an asshole move in itself.

Practically everyone appears to have the same idea, and I must agree. Wouldn't want to draw attention to one's own dubious manufacturing practises.

rebus_forever:
uncomfortable with consumers learning how their "i" device was manufactured, a more accurate description.

Congrats on being the first to say this, I know I was going to but damn. That some good ninja work XD

Yeah it's pretty obvious why this was rejected, given Apple's reputation.

Pfff! More like Apple is uncomfortable with their own Chinese electronics sweatshops where conditions are so bad that multiple employee suicides by leaping off the roof are a form of protest. Apple sweatshop solution? Put up nets around the buildings. That is not a joke. Wish it was. Nope. Apple.

Dogstile:

PunkRex:
As if anyone who played this would be anything but a massive ass-hole, people would just play it like a even more fucked up Dungeon Keeper. Not that I don't commend their efforts to spread awareness.

Its free to play, go give it an actual go before telling everyone who played it that they're assholes. Its actually pretty good, its level based and it's got a lot of information in there. Calling everyone who plays it assholes and comparing it to dungeon keeper without playing it is an asshole move in itself.

I actually didn't mean it that way but as im the one who worded it badly its my own fault. What I mean't was most people who played this game would proberly play it AS an ass-hole, in the same way most people in God games tend to act like dicks. Im not implying those who gave it a go are bad people.

CriticalMiss:
Wait, don't Apple have games where you kill things/people? So murder is more acceptable than the sweatshops in which their products are made.

Well, actually, yeah. Most people believe that murder is more acceptable than torture and slavery, but I got your point, just being a little bit cynical on the word play - I do agree with your general comment.

Best.

rebus_forever:
uncomfortable with consumers learning how their "i" device was manufactured, a more accurate description.

Came here to say this exact same thing.

I am amazed people still buy from apple...

haha this is brilliant, would love to play the game and surprised it wasn't turned down in the beginning XD

More games need to be this brilliant with showing hypocrisy

The Artificially Prolonged:

rebus_forever:

Yep sounds like Apple all right. Clean, sleek and user friendly on the outside, cheap Third World labour and censorship on the inside.

The irony with that ad is that the portrayal of the "enslaved" is exactly how people see Apple users these days.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here