Pokemon X & Y Introduce Pokemon Mounts

Pages PREV 1 2

Baldr:

Charli:
Why is Pokemon Not an MMO yet.

(Yes I will ask this in every single pokemon thread ever ever and yes I know 'milk more money blah blah)

But this is designing itself!

You really think it would be a good idea for Nintendo to release a kid's game with a large adult following into a more social design structure?

well, they could just handicap the features like they do in say, club penguin

yeah, deal with that mental image

Baldr:

Charli:

(Yes I will ask this in every single pokemon thread ever ever and yes I know 'milk more money blah blah)

You really think it would be a good idea for Nintendo to release a kid's game with a large adult following into a more social design structure?

Hey if games like Wizards 101 can exist, so can this. Besides, most MMO's have strict online policies outlined in titanium, sure some naughty words and assholes get by for a short while but not for long, and for those invested it's not worth their account to break the rules so badly. But honestly if you want a kid online to never be exposed to any of that before aged 13 you better just keep them offline off everything.

If my little brothers browsing history is anything to go by, they're already learning vulgar stuff from friends anyway.

It can exist. It just needs some air tight agreements for the userbase. Any online games are going to have some 13+ Stuff get through as cutesy as it may be. It's just an element of being online, and I'd rather they capitalized on it now before WoW and Digimon beat them to it.

idodo35:

Mahorfeus:

idodo35:
gogoate? god i knew the new gens were stupid but this takes the idiot cake... gogoat!? really guys!? really!?

Yes, really. Because 'Eggsecute' and 'Squirtle' were works of creative genius, right? At any rate, those are just the Japanese names, so they are still subject for change in other regions.

I'm just waiting for the usual crowd that comes in claiming that all the new Pokemon designs look crappy compared to the old.

fine! im old and grumpy! but gogoat just sounds wierd to me, kinda makes me think of a service that rents goats or something... or maybie inspector gadget has a new trick that spawns goats...

I agree with Gogoat's name sounding a tad bit dumb ("Go, Gogoat!" Man, that does make one sound like Inspector Gadget) I for one love how he looks.

Gogoat, you look awesome. Imma catch you, then I will hop on your back and ride into the night. You also look like a strong physical attacker that's also a grass type. Good, very good; my last grass types certainly leaved a lot to be desired. If you evolve at some point in the future, well that's even better.

But seriously, Gogoat is pretty cool. I'm really hoping he evolves, but I'm also hoping that we can ride a lot more other Pokemon depending on how big they are or whatever.

The panda and lizard look OK, but I don' know if I would use them on my team. Fletchling is definitely going to be on my team, although I hope its evolution is a bit cooler.

PunkRex:
Would it be polite to ride a Gyarados down main street? Seems a tad excessive.

They see me rollin, they hatin!

This is what your life could be, and more, if you choose to buy a 3ds to play this.

VoidWanderer:

Longstreet:
Still don't really like the style they have gone to since Black/White. Damn sure prefere the look (and by effect, feel) of the 2d-top-down-ish games. This 3d is just a tad too much.

On the other hand. the fact that i am finally able to ride a rapidash through the streets is cool.

Why did no one think of that sooner?

Nintendo are not known for rapid succession of ideas... They stick with one and ride it into the ground, I mean this is the how manyeth generation of Pokémon, and they are now including a 3rd dimension???

The mainline pokemon games have always been handheld titles.

How many handhelds have Nintendo made that can output true 3D visuals? Two. How many handhelds have Nintendo put out that can output 3D visuals that don't look primitive as all hell? One: the 3DS. You can't blame Nintendo for not putting out a 3D Pokemon game back when they were still selling Gameboy Advances.

Also, there are something like 800 Pokemon now. That is one hell of a lot of Pokemon to try and bring into 3D- meshes, textures, animations, that's all got to be done in 3D now. I'm not surprised its taken Nintendo this long to do, because frankly, it's a huge amount of work to try and turn that many pocket monsters into fully three-dimensional characters.

Big_Boss_Mantis:

Lemme know when they introduce Pokemon breeding stands

Generation II.

They call them "daycare centers" so the neighborhood property values don't go up. They even have sweet old couples as the frontmen.

MiskWisk:
Are we still going to be able to ride Pidgey?
Or what about riding a Groudon down the streets, that would be brilliantly excessive.

They will probably have set Pokemon that can do it. If it is an HM and someone manages to get a Pokemon that can't have it to have it though a cheat or somehting, they should make it give them a message that that pokemon cannot be ridden.

Mahorfeus:

I'm just waiting for the usual crowd that comes in claiming that all the new Pokemon designs look crappy compared to the old.

I was at risk of falling into that crowd, I couldn't stand the visual design of Gen V (Black + White) Pokemon.
Thankfully it seems that I just have something against that gen, because I think the new Pokemon seen so far look great.
(or at least not terrible, never been a fan of most water starters)

Actually scratch that; damn it Nintendo/Game Freak! I think the new Pokemon seen so far look great, now I have to find a way to afford a 3DS and X/Y! A plague on your house!

Charli:

probably because it doesn't design itself. Pokemon is a game which right after exploration is mainly PvP based and balancing that shit is hard, especially when you have 700+ tiny bastards to choose from. Even now, online play is balanced by making tiers. How else could you balance mewtwo without nerfing it beyond recognition? I don't see a pokemon MMO in its turn-based roots happening. At least not anytime soon.

Or maybe they're just waiting for the WoW blob to finally die to sweep in and take up the throne for the next decade and rule with an iron fist.... and we'll love it.

OT: pokemon rides... that shit better include Arcanine and other quad-peds are possible rides.

Also, surf and fly animations need to be done in the same fashion, now.

soren7550:

idodo35:

Mahorfeus:

Yes, really. Because 'Eggsecute' and 'Squirtle' were works of creative genius, right? At any rate, those are just the Japanese names, so they are still subject for change in other regions.

fine! im old and grumpy! but gogoat just sounds wierd to me, kinda makes me think of a service that rents goats or something... or maybie inspector gadget has a new trick that spawns goats...

I agree with Gogoat's name sounding a tad bit dumb ("Go, Gogoat!" Man, that does make one sound like Inspector Gadget) I for one love how he looks.

i guess hes ok but i will never forgive them for the icecream pokemon... i mean seriosly? serious!?!? whats next? this looks like that southpark episode "chipokemon"

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here