Man Spends Three Years Walking to The End of The World (Of Minecraft)

Pages PREV 1 2

MeChaNiZ3D:

Use_Imagination_here:
This show actually raised several hundred thousand dollars for charity, so I'd hesitate to call it a waste of time.

And even without that it's not different from any other lets play, except longer. You're being awfully arbitrarily judgmental considering that this is just a youtube series.

He's clearly entertaining a couple dozen thousand people every video. Probably more productive then you, anyway.

Perhaps you missed the part where someone spends the next 22 years holding down a key. I came here with two notifications ready to give civilised replies until I saw that last bit. And you're calling me arbitrarily judgmental. Screw you, you don't know the half of it.

...Okay? I'm sorry if I offended you but I was just pointing out that even if it's just a lets play with no purpose he's still entertaining thousands of people and it's very odd to call it pointless.

I certainly wasn't judging you for anything, much less insulting. I don't know you. Read "probably".

you don't know the half of it.

Seeing as I don't have the slightest idea who you are, no.

Statistically, it's a factual statement. Most people aren't going to do anything anywhere near as productive with their time. I found it a tad off that you were calling something comparatively extremely productive "pointless".

Perhaps you missed the part where someone spends the next 22 years holding down a key.

I didn't actually, it's just not in any way relevant. The point of the series is basically commentary and the charity drive. It's not about reaching the farlands. That would be absurd, he's not expecting us to be watching it 20 years from now.

Use_Imagination_here:
snip

Ok, fair enough. I just thought the time could be spent doing something, even in Minecraft or whatever, that hasn't been discovered yet. But I did miss the charity focus the first time round. Fair point.

MeChaNiZ3D:

Use_Imagination_here:
snip

Ok, fair enough. I just thought the time could be spent doing something, even in Minecraft or whatever, that hasn't been discovered yet. But I did miss the charity focus the first time round. Fair point.

It's cool, it was really bad phrasing on my part anyway.

And the charity drive wasn't actually mentioned in the original article for some reason, despite that being pretty much the point of this so I can't blame you.

FarLands or Bust! is one of the only Minecraft channels I follow. I don't watch every episode but sometimes I like listening to him ramble on about things in the background while I do other things.

I wonder if he will ever make it.

Seinfield: The Minecraft Edition: 0.8% More Walking: 25% Off: I just learned what a colon was this morning from my wife: Her name is Maria: Fat.

See how boring this is making me? And I'm not even watching it.

Why would someone do this? Seriously. Why? Just... uuuuugh.... wwwaaaaaaaiii???

hazabaza1:
...WHY
He's got like 300 episodes of this. They're (from what I can see) all half an hour long. It's just walking. Just walking. Who thinks this is a good idea, and who watches it?

Jayzuz.

Yeah...I really dont get stuff like this. I got a friend that for some reason got it into his head that he wanted to fill the entire grid on FFX. Just because.

This walking project is a lot worse than that...but honestly. If you're gonna make a goal of your own...why not make a more meaningful one, or a more fun one, or one where the time spent is at least entertaining. Why CHOOSE to grind something?

Mindboggling.

tzimize:

hazabaza1:
...WHY
He's got like 300 episodes of this. They're (from what I can see) all half an hour long. It's just walking. Just walking. Who thinks this is a good idea, and who watches it?

Jayzuz.

Yeah...I really dont get stuff like this. I got a friend that for some reason got it into his head that he wanted to fill the entire grid on FFX. Just because.

This walking project is a lot worse than that...but honestly. If you're gonna make a goal of your own...why not make a more meaningful one, or a more fun one, or one where the time spent is at least entertaining. Why CHOOSE to grind something?

Mindboggling.

dylanmc12:
Seinfield: The Minecraft Edition: 0.8% More Walking: 25% Off: I just learned what a colon was this morning from my wife: Her name is Maria: Fat.

He's doing it for charity. He has reached over 250k in donations.

Also, don't diss on Seinfield.

If it weren't for the charity thing ,this story probably would've had a vaguely Forrest Gump feel to it.

Two-A:

tzimize:

hazabaza1:
...WHY

Jayzuz.

Mindboggling.

dylanmc12:

He's doing it for charity. He has reached over 250k in donations.

Also, don't diss on Seinfield

That makes even less sense to me. How could he earn money by doing something completely pointless (and imo pretty damn boring), and 250k???? I'll walk around in minecraft, np. Anyone wanna pay me 250k? I need a summer home :|

tzimize:

That makes even less sense to me. How could he earn money by doing something completely pointless (and imo pretty damn boring), and 250k???? I'll walk around in minecraft, np. Anyone wanna pay me 250k? I need a summer home :|

Well, if it was just him walking around in minecraft I might agree with you, but he also offers commentary, it's kind of like a podcast.

It's rather similar to Desert Bus for Hope in that respect, he takes something incredibly dull and carries it mostly on personality.

And...?

I'll admit this is kinda cool, but also pretty pointless...

Talk about dedication O_O

Then again pre cool youtuber and some of the footage was quite compelling and interesting suprisingly

I can just imagine him finally reaching his goal and doing a Forrest Gump and saying:

"Well, I guess I'll go home."

Return from Far Lands or Bust!!

In all seriousness though, this does seem pretty interesting. AND he's doing it for charity.

Lots of people seem to be saying "the charity is the main reason he is doing it". Is that really true? Even if its not I don't think it would detract from the fact the he is giving money to charity but that seems like something people are just saying to drive home a point. Its much more likely he started to do this just because he felt like it or because he wanted to do something on youtube nobody else had. I'm just saying you shouldn't make assumptions like that just to be more right than somebody else.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here