New Fallout has been announced.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Since this is about vault 76, my guess is that we'll be returning to Washington DC, as that's where it is according to the lore. Although we have no idea whether this games comes before or after Fallout 3, my guess is that is' before since the vault 76 looks rather clean, unlike so many other vaults that we see in ruins.

Wait, that's not how numbers work, is it? Is this time-cube logic? Fallout 4 feels like last week. Am not sure what is happening to time either.

sgy0003:

Since this is about vault 76, my guess is that we'll be returning to Washington DC, as that's where it is according to the lore. Although we have no idea whether this games comes before or after Fallout 3, my guess is that is' before since the vault 76 looks rather clean, unlike so many other vaults that we see in ruins.

Shelter 76 was apparently designed to be opened 20 years after a nuclear war, so it could mean that we'll be experiencing the Fallout world just shortly after the great war.

BabyfartsMcgeezaks:
Shelter 76 was apparently designed to be opened 20 years after a nuclear war, so it could mean that we'll be experiencing the Fallout world just shortly after the great war.

What is it with Bethesda fundamentally misunderstanding the point and setting of Fallout on a consistent basis

was the setting/theme of fallout 3/4 not recent enough for them? Can we get even more dingy, green, radioactive areas?

So Fallout Online? Eh...

BabyfartsMcgeezaks:

sgy0003:

well, i'm not sure if they will go for that. at the beggining of the video, we see a terminal with the date october 27th 2102, which place the "reclamation day" 25 years after the great war. however, maybe reclamation day is not the first opening of the vault.

But placing the game in 2102 is a bit... odd. yes it's a nice change of the ordinary setting, but almost all the factions we know are not yet in power, the super mutant are not created yet, so no super mutant, and probably way less metated fauna. probably way more irridated zones.

but having a lot of NPC still remembering the days before the war, it may be great.

So this Fallout will likely be in a less grey world than the previous ones? Sweet.

Something tells me(maybe THE TITLE) that it will be centered around Vaults heavily.

Fallout Shelter online?

I really only have two things I want to know:

1) Will the conversation system of FO4 be scrapped? Sometime you don't need 4 choices, sometime 4 is nowhere near enough. Always having 4 options that all ultimately boil down to the same things is the worse possible system. Scrap it and go back to previous system or at least try something new (you can scrap player character voice acting, waste of resource anyway).

2) Will it have a less intrusive main plot? I couldn't care less about SHAWWWWWWN, I'm fine with MC having an established personality and such, but it just clash so hard with the open world design and it get farcical when your MC constantly mention the main plot while I consistently avoid it.

Also no more non sense plot like FO3/4. Why was the syndicate making synth? "You wouldn't understand it". Why was it bad that the enclave were the one who turn on the water purifier? That wasn't even addressed.

So, that 4chan rumor about Bethesda making a RUST clone set in Fallout universe is true. The guy said in December last year that the game will be called Fallout 76.

Adam Jensen:
So, that 4chan rumor about Bethesda making a RUST clone set in Fallout universe is true. The guy said in December last year that the game will be called Fallout 76.

I mean, Fallout survival game isn't a terrible idea. Its more interesting then Zombie apocalyse survival #9182. It did seem like they were taking a poke at developing that sort of thing in 4.

On paper it might suffer less from the indie jankiness that plagues survival games. Maybe. It is Bethesda after all, so it might spontaneously deleted your save for placing a wall 2 inches in the wrong direction.

Clearly it's going to be a fallout vault Tec dating sim

BabyfartsMcgeezaks:

sgy0003:

That's the lore behind Fallout 4's Frostfall mod. It's almost as hard core as Stalker Misery. If they go forward with something along those lines I'll give Todd my firstborn :D

ZombieProof:

BabyfartsMcgeezaks:

sgy0003:

That's the lore behind Fallout 4's Frostfall mod. It's almost as hard core as Stalker Misery. If they go forward with something along those lines I'll give Todd my firstborn :D

well, like i said earlier, the trailer show the date october 27th 2102, so 25 years after the war

Well the trailer is uninformative. I'll have another glance when there are reviews to tell me about the gameplay and story.

Rumor from Kotaku is that the title is an online survival game like Rust or DayZ. Ugh, like the settlement building in 4 wasn't a tedious timesink that other sandbox games already had.

Adam Jensen:

Well that sucks. I was actually looking forward to a good Fallout game this time...

Aiddon:
Rumor from Kotaku is that the title is an online survival game like Rust or DayZ. Ugh, like the settlement building in 4 wasn't a tedious timesink that other sandbox games already had.

Really? So is there going to be a fallout PUBG in 5 years or something? Talk about late to the party. Wouldn't be a problem if Bethesda was releasing new game semi regularly, so this would just be a side release, but considering they release them once every half decade or something this is really lame.

w/e I got no interest in mmo and there ilk, pass for me.

Meiam:

Really? So is there going to be a fallout PUBG in 5 years or something? Talk about late to the party. Wouldn't be a problem if Bethesda was releasing new game semi regularly, so this would just be a side release, but considering they release them once every half decade or something this is really lame.

w/e I got no interest in mmo and there ilk, pass for me.

76 seems to be a side project rather than a main entry, but it's still kind of tepid in concept. Even before getting into the survival genre, survival and sandbox tend to go hand in hand so it's not radical enough to really warrant its existence. Had it been, say, a new Fallout Tactics that would probably be more interesting because it would be a radical departure from usual gameplay. As it stands, it's just kinda there.

A remake of Fallout 3?

Tanis:
A remake of Fallout 3?

Fallout 3 on switch

edit: WAIT NO ITS SO OBVIOUS

HOW COULD WE BE SO BLIND

its Fallout Battle Royale

Tanis:
A remake of Fallout 3?

Well, a guy on reddit claiming to have a lot of info on e3, actually leak the fallout 76 name before Bethesda. The same guy say that there will be a fallout 3 anniversary edition unveiled at e3. This edition will be available on all plateforms including switch

FFS. Not that I'm against a new Fallout game, but they are overdue for TES6 and it's frustrating. Up until Skyrim, TES games were 5-6 years apart, but since 2011 we're 7 years on and TES6 isn't even in sight.

And now they've gone and put in this creator club paid-mod system which I think it also a massive downside. Bethesda are slipping and it's aggravating..

Really, really weird that they chose this rather than TES6.

Unless this is just a game that uses Fallout 4 assets, like the spin off Saints Row and Far Cry games.

Bob_McMillan:
Really, really weird that they chose this rather than TES6.

Unless this is just a game that uses Fallout 4 assets, like the spin off Saints Row and Far Cry games.

I mean, if you want to get technical, they chose this, Evil Within 2, Prey, Rage 2, and Starfuries instead of TES6.

But by all accounts this is a spin off, rather then a main series entry. While there's some precedent to worry about online spinoffs murdering the singleplayer franchise (IE : GTA V by GTA:O, and debatedly, Elder Scrolls by ESO (unlike the GTA case, Skyrim didn't suffer any cancelled updates) its a pretty big leap to assume Betehsda can pull that level of success off with this. Fallout has also had inconsistencies in genre over its lifespan anyways.

KingsGambit:
FFS. Not that I'm against a new Fallout game, but they are overdue for TES6 and it's frustrating. Up until Skyrim, TES games were 5-6 years apart, but since 2011 we're 7 years on and TES6 isn't even in sight.

And now they've gone and put in this creator club paid-mod system which I think it also a massive downside. Bethesda are slipping and it's aggravating..

I remember the agonising wait for Morrowind. Before Daggerfall, they came out every year.

Maybe we're going exponential. This one will be over 10 years.

This is unlikely a 'true' Fallout sequel. But still, just say you are working on TESVI. We know you are, just -say- it. I swear they are edging too close to Valve territory of just refusing to give what we actually want. Are they trying to do what they did with Fallout 4? "We're making it and it is out in like, a month"? I'd rather have an actual idea to when to expect it. I used to swear by the 4 year rule, but now that is blatantly sunk.

Saelune:
This is unlikely a 'true' Fallout sequel. But still, just say you are working on TESVI. We know you are, just -say- it. I swear they are edging too close to Valve territory of just refusing to give what we actually want. Are they trying to do what they did with Fallout 4? "We're making it and it is out in like, a month"? I'd rather have an actual idea to when to expect it. I used to swear by the 4 year rule, but now that is blatantly sunk.

Well, for a faint glimmer of hope, they might be be using Rage 2 as a test float for a new open world engine (cause I doubt they can drag the decrepit shambling frankensteined husk of the prior one through again).

Can't say I share your enthusiasm for fan-baiting PR statements though. I much prefer to have actual substance to game announcements then some of the nebulous junk that gets thrown out. Or vomiting out sequels without actual ideas every 4 years like a metabolically stunted Assassins Creed model.

Seth Carter:

Saelune:

Well, for a faint glimmer of hope, they might be be using Rage 2 as a test float for a new open world engine (cause I doubt they can drag the decrepit shambling frankensteined husk of the prior one through again).

Can't say I share your enthusiasm for fan-baiting PR statements though. I much prefer to have actual substance to game announcements then some of the nebulous junk that gets thrown out. Or vomiting out sequels without actual ideas every 4 years like a metabolically stunted Assassins Creed model.

Except they -are- working on TESVI. They always start work on the next TES...while working on the previous. They keep acting like they are not doing anything, but they are. They try to pretend they aren't, but I also remember when they copyrighted 'Skyrim' two years before it came out and pretended it was not the next TES game.

If Assassin's Creed games came out only every 4 years, they would be better games. I swear I blinked and there are 10 more AC games I never heard of.

Yeah, about TES6. Some dude back in december leaked the title of Fallout 76 and the type of game it would be. He also mentioned Elder Scrolls. Check it.
That's a spicy meatball. Starfield is the codename for their next RPG, rumored to be set in space.

undeadsuitor:

Tanis:
A remake of Fallout 3?

Fallout 3 on switch

edit: WAIT NO ITS SO OBVIOUS

HOW COULD WE BE SO BLIND

its Fallout Battle Royale

You see that new Pip-Boy model... You can play Skyrim on it.

No elder scrolls?!?!?!?!

MC1980:
Yeah, about TES6. Some dude back in december leaked the title of Fallout 76 and the type of game it would be. He also mentioned Elder Scrolls. Check it.
That's a spicy meatball. Starfield is the codename for their next RPG, rumored to be set in space.

Not really surprising since the best guess for the next ES would have been the Summerset Isles, home of the Altmer

and guess what just got a new expansion centered around the Summerset Isles?

Every time Bethesda announces something these days I feel rage its not a new Elder Scrolls lol

I'm not sure why people say it's too soon for another Fallout game. New Vegas was only released like 2 years after 3 and alot of fans (including myself) not only love it, but some of us think it's better then 3.

This is most likely a spin off game with some minor online components. I just don't see Bethesda dipping into multiplayer after that whole single player campaign video. But hey, I might be wrong on that. We gotta wait till E3.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here