0.8% (2)
Donkey Kong
0.8% (2)
0.8% (2)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Legacy Battle - Who Will Win?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Killerbunny001:
I still don`t get it why Halo made it in the top if Doom and Quake are there ? Or why did Zelda and Mario made it both there since in theory they represent the same thing, at least in my mind.

Also Star Wars games were done to milk money and except KOTORs they kinda sucked.

Call of Duty is also a bit far fetched in my opinion. If it wasn`t for the last installment will it still be on the LIST ?

I vote for the Elder Scrolls. At least to reward the effort that went into the making of these games.

Please not hate from Nintendo fans and Halo players - I just don`t like the same things you do.

EDIT: Why didn`t Starcraft make it on the list ? It`s kind of a big name and you can`t really say that voting for Warcraft makes it even. Warcraft never involved the finesse and balance put into Starcraft.

The X-Wing and TIE fighter games all but "sucked".

And Starcraft isn't in there because it isn't a series. As it currently stands there is only one Starcraft game. There are four Warcraft games though.

woem:

Killerbunny001:
I still don`t get it why Halo made it in the top if Doom and Quake are there ? Or why did Zelda and Mario made it both there since in theory they represent the same thing, at least in my mind.

Also Star Wars games were done to milk money and except KOTORs they kinda sucked.

Call of Duty is also a bit far fetched in my opinion. If it wasn`t for the last installment will it still be on the LIST ?

I vote for the Elder Scrolls. At least to reward the effort that went into the making of these games.

Please not hate from Nintendo fans and Halo players - I just don`t like the same things you do.

EDIT: Why didn`t Starcraft make it on the list ? It`s kind of a big name and you can`t really say that voting for Warcraft makes it even. Warcraft never involved the finesse and balance put into Starcraft.

And Starcraft isn't in there because it isn't a series. As it currently stands there is only one Starcraft game. There are four Warcraft games though.

So by this logic if you don`t copy paste 1000 games a year as Nintendo does you have no right to be a legacy ? Only milked to death frenchies allowed ?

Killerbunny001:

woem:

Killerbunny001:

So by this logic if you don`t copy paste 1000 games a year as Nintendo does you have no right to be a legacy ? Only milked to death frenchies allowed ?

On the original poll you'll see this:

"One of the events is a Legacy Battle in which 32 of your favorite series battle to be number one."

To be considered a series you need at least two games, and there is only one Starcraft game.

Oh, perfect. I'm the first to vote for Gears.

I'm hoping for GTA to win.
Sure GTA4 was pretty disappointing (content wise; it was very nice looking) but they made up for it with Chinatown Wars. Besides, San Andreas is one of my all time favorites.

In gaming, Mario.

In films, Star Wars. Its become a part of culture so much I doubt it will be forgotten for thousands of years.

Half-Life. I never really loved those games, but I know a lot of other people do.

It's nice that none of the options have no votes.

Call of Duty will always be my favorite counsel shooter series because it was my first FPS and I still run COD4 when my internet screws up. So it will always stay with me. Besides with a new game every year no one will forget the COD name... /sarcasm for that last sentence .

JoeKickAzz:

Nincompoop:
I don't know, I'm rooting for warcraft or diablo, however, my guess would be that Resident Evil will win. Seems like it took the world by storm, and is a fond memory by most.

yes....yes it is....at least 0-4..not 5...

I personally liked the 5th much better than any previous RE game.

But ye, people adore it, and I wouldn't be surprised if it won.

This is going to be incredibly tight, there really isn't a definitive answer, look at the lists we all put together, I got joy from at least one game in all of those series, it's nigh on impossible!

That said, Halo, Elder Scrolls and Zelda have to be front runners, I'm sure there are others, but those are my personal big hitters. I saw a Starcraft request and I'm there with you as a diehard fan, but I weigh it up against the Warcraft series as a whole and I have to admit that War is more of a "legacy" than Star...

Half-Life is the superior series.

My bet's on the series that has had the most games make it into players favorite titles, that has had the most hardcore involving games, that has some of the best bosses, some of the best enemies, some of the best gameplay, has one of the best left-handed characters ever, and is always greeted with welcome.

The Legacy of Zelda.

Jedi don't need a gravity gun Mr. Freeman.

"Baldur"

Really?

Its Baldur's Gate, not "Baldur", I know its a typo but the BG2: SOA is my favorite game so it irks me a bit. Is it even Baldur's Gate, or is there some game called Baldur? I'll wait untill voting for now.

Oh joy!

God of War!

*click*

Only one vote yet?

aw man...

ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA

BehattedWanderer:
My bet's on the series that has had the most games make it into players favorite titles, that has had the most hardcore involving games, that has some of the best bosses, some of the best enemies, some of the best gameplay, has one of the best left-handed characters ever, and is always greeted with welcome.

The Legacy of Zelda.

i agree

Knight Templar:
"Baldur"

Really?

Its Baldur's Gate, not "Baldur", I know its a typo but the BG2: SOA is my favorite game so it irks me a bit. Is it even Baldur's Gate, or is there some game called Baldur? I'll wait untill voting for now.

It's Baldur's Gate. My guess is that due to some excel/csv (comma-separated value file) importing and exporting the accent was interpreted as a delimiter.

I reckon it's going to be a close call between The Legend of Zelda and the Half-Life series - I'll take my vote, see if I'm right...

Yup, it is, so far. Still, in the real thing, I reckon Half-Life might just edge Zelda at the end. We'll soon see.

woem:

Knight Templar:
"Baldur"

Really?

It's Baldur's Gate. My guess is that due to some excel/csv (comma-separated value file) importing and exporting the accent was interpreted as a delimiter.

Well then I'll vote for it. My thanks for your help.
EDIT: I'm the second person to do so, damm you Zelda!

EDIT2: Yay, three votes and the correct name.

Personally my favorite is CoD (got the first one on release day) but Zelda is close to my heart too and that actually has a chance of winning so it gets my pick.

Gonna go for "Warcraft"

Spinwhiz:
Baldur

I presume you mean Baldur's Gate?

I'm going to vote... god, I actually have no idea. I love a lot of the series that have been listed. Not going to pick Half-Life though.

EDIT: Triple Ninja'd, though it was less of a ninja and more of a "I didn't read the responses until I posted" deal.

My choice was between Quake and Doom.. I choose Quake.

Went with Half-Life.

But where the froodle is Dawn of War?

CheeseSandwichCake:
Went with Half-Life.

But where the froodle is Dawn of War?

I don't think it made it through.

well, i said pokemon. i'll probably be wrong, but whatever.

i considered final fantasy, but all the remakes seem to me to wreck previously good games.

Yay! You'r holding a contest for my birthday!

Age of Empires! Woo, woo, woo!

Might as well jump on the escapist bandwagon and side with what I think is going to win here so Half-Life it is.

FINAL FANTASY WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

/fratboy

*ahem* I hope Final Fantasy wins.

I think Half Life probably has the most supporters here, but I'm putting my vote on Zelda.

Although Star Wars has one of the biggest universes from anything I ever (it also has my vote, which is easily worth 34 votes), I predict HL will win.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked