Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 . . . 382 NEXT

I dont know if this has been asked or solved allready(to lazy to scimm trough all 106 pages)but anyway.

On the first computer we got when I was a little kid( at the time of windows 95) we had a game allready installed. All I remember is it had the words MS-DOS in the title and it where in 3d. you played as a japanese guy who could go around town interacting with people..and doing quests I think, then there was some weird level with sceletons you had to fight and something with a cage...well I dont remember that much(it's been 15 years nearly) just that it looked cool and they even had weather animations in it so it rained at some points...and there was a harbor :P hope someone can shed some light on this

gamefinder1010:
I am trying to remember the name of an old PC game I played in elementary school (1993 - 1998).

It was a third-person game that explored Ancient Egypt and the pyramid. There were various levels/tasks/puzzles to solve to continue through the pyramid. You could gather inventory items as you went along. One strange thing that I remember is that at the very beginning you had to feed a cheeseburger (inventory item) to a bird to distract it.

I have looked all over the internet, and while I have found numerous Egpyt/Pyramid games, I can't find any videos or screen captures that I recognize.

Does anyone recognize this game???

I'm trying to remember an old ps1 or ps2 game(can't seem to remember which) where you can control mechs that shoot rockets or trucks that lay down mines. I used to play this with my brother when we were young but neither one of us can remember the name. You had to control mechs or trucks in order to fight these enemies in different maps (some were snowy and some were grassy).
If any one could help me that would be awesome.

Holding out hope that i wasn't imagining this game and reposting.

Would have been around in the mid 90's as i was in primary (elementary) school at the time, there was this one rich kid who brought in this game every time it was end of term day (when we could just play all day)

The game had an underwater theme, you were a man (it wasn't james pond) who was diving, you had to collect things and avoid the different fish and things that could kill you, you had different pieces of equipment etc. It was also a platformer, i should add.

It definitely had a keyboard as the input so i would imagine it was a DOS game or earlier, could have been an Atari or Commodore.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

caltona19:

Curratum:

caltona19:
I'm trying to remember an old text-only RPG I played in the late 90s/early 2000s. There were no graphics. I just being able to choose your characters abilities (mine was a necromancer). I've been Googling for an hour and coming up blank!

Is this a text-only RPG as in, you only input text commands, or as in, your character is a @ and you're fighting monsters represented by letters?

text-only with only text commands

Can anyone help with this?

There are two games that I'd desperately like to know the names of.

The first is from the mid 90s and I think it was for PS One but there's a chance it could've been an SNES game. You were a firefighter and would go into burning buildings to rescue people. Sometimes you had to use a chemical extinguisher to put out a fire if the flames were green. I don't remember much else.

The second was a PC game from the early 90s. It took place in a mansion and you had to explore to find clues or solve puzzles/riddles to open new doors or find keys. I believe I remember a giant plant growing out of the basement too.

I know I haven't offered much to go on here, but I hope somebody recognizes one or both of these. And thanks to anybody who takes the time to read this and try to help.

Don Stimac:

The first is from the mid 90s and I think it was for PS One but there's a chance it could've been an SNES game. You were a firefighter and would go into burning buildings to rescue people. Sometimes you had to use a chemical extinguisher to put out a fire if the flames were green. I don't remember much else.

The second was a PC game from the early 90s. It took place in a mansion and you had to explore to find clues or solve puzzles/riddles to open new doors or find keys. I believe I remember a giant plant growing out of the basement too.

I know I haven't offered much to go on here, but I hope somebody recognizes one or both of these. And thanks to anybody who takes the time to read this and try to help.

1. Burning Rangers (Sega Saturn) ?

2. Maniac Mansion?

The Alchemical Man:
Reposting:

There was this old, online, 2d game. You were this man who could fly and there were all sorts of strange things to see in the sky, and if you flew high enough the sky turned to sea, there were all kinds of things to see in the sea and if you swam far enough you came to the shore of a very small island and the game ended. As far as I can recall it was black and white.

Any help would be appreciated.

TAM, the game is called Fly Guy and it's still online:
http://www.trevorvanmeter.com/flyguy/

Alexandro Gaffar:
Hello everybody. I'm sorry if this was asked before in previous posts (104 pages, oh my god).

I think it was back in the 90s, when I had my Windows 98 computer, I used to have a game that looked like Space Invaders, but it wasn't space invaders. It was some 3D Space Shooter, where you had to kill everything in the screen, colecting power ups, etc. Graphics were just amazing back then, and each level had a boss. Each level was orientated to a planet of our system (Including Saturn, I remember that).

If anyone knows what game is it, please tell me. It was one of my first computer games.

Thanks for your time!

That sounds like Gyruss, but only because each level was about getting to Earth. You could only move in a circular track and everything flew from the center of the screen towards you.

Shnuggle Bear:
Ok... this is a long shot but I'd love to try and play this game again.

It was a top down helicopter game that had to have been out around.. '96..ish? I played in daycare on a system that I believe was made for the Tv? Basically you started in between three buildings and had to fly around. If you touched a building you would die and I think other things would shoot you as well.. The graphics were not that great and I have no idea if you had a gun or not.. It's not like Raiden where things fly at you and you shoot them. I think it was more of a "you fly whichever way you please game." Happy hunting <3

*FREE HUGS* To whoever can find this game!!

Was the previous answer correct? I think it sounds more like Thunder Blade.
http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=10094

Ok, this is a really odd game, but I used to love it. It came on my Windows 95 computer and it was a question game. This professor guy would ask you questions, and if you got the answer wrong, your character would get hit on the head with the hammer. After too many hits you would just be squished. It is so obscure and I can't find that name of it anywhere. Help please!

Gex: Enter the Gecko.
...Wait... SHIT!

I have so many details about this game but just can't seem to remember the name. So it was some old 3d online multi-player tank game on miniclip, a good 6 or 7 years old. The game reminds you of that battle bots show from back in the day lol. You customized your tank, equipped motors, batteries, and weapons. I remember you would fight on a rooftop and attempt to either kill the player via damage, or knock them off the roof. Some of the weapons were flamethrowers, missiles, a cannon, and some spiked bulldozer like thing.. Anyway I'm sick as hell, and want nothing more then to find this crappy old game, any help would be much appreciated. Thanks! ^_^

I am trying to remember a game i played either on playstation or pc.

Basically involved the following.
A Ship on water like a carrier that is your home/base ship where research is done
a land vehicle that attacks and salvages parts to upgrade your vehicle including attacking the enemy.
a helicopter to transfer salavaged materials from land to the ship for upgrades.

it was a 3d game and it i remember it being a demo disc for pc or playstation.

Thanks.

Never mind after doing a fair bit of looking around and trying different keywords i found it.
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising for pc

Don Stimac:

First one ? The firemen http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/firemen/firemen.htm
Second one sounds like Resident Evil 2 ?

i remember my first computer had a game on it with some alien and something about pyramids

Hi. In the 90's I used to play an arcade game about a boy (he kind of looked like Songoku.He had a similar red outfit). This boy shoots fireballs and he is in some kind of sewers I believe. He kills monsters, and had the usual monster boss at the end of each stage. Its a 2D game, action/plataforms. It was a kind of cool game, with cool monsters and action music. He shoots some kind of fireballs, and when he died he turned to you, screams and desapears.
Any clue? Thanks

Don Stimac:

That's probably Alone in the Dark.

Can anyone help me, I can't remember the name of a PC game I used to play when I was younger. It involved raising babies. I think the stork brought them, you could adopt them possibly. All I remember was that you could pick the babies up with a mouse and put them on the changing table. You made them learn the xylophone. Does this sound familiar to anyone?!

Fir3:

Fir3:
I believe i played this Pc game Rts around 2004-2006,it is similar to starcraft.
It had 2 or 3 races if i'm right,one was some humanoid-aliens,other was some robots.
I remember that the robots had a special ability of their resource colectors that they wouldn't have to go back to town center to return the resources,they were using their hands as pipes to go underground and come to surface near town center to transfer the resources.
I think minerals was the main resources.
I even have a pic i took with my cellphone at that time - the main menu of the game,similar to starcraft main menu.

I remember it was the demo version that i played.

I spent a long time without luck searching in RTSC Rts Game List and IGN Games List
I will search in other Directories too,i won't give up.

rickganfei:
Hi. In the 90's I used to play an arcade game about a boy (he kind of looked like Songoku.He had a similar red outfit). This boy shoots fireballs and he is in some kind of sewers I believe. He kills monsters, and had the usual monster boss at the end of each stage. Its a 2D game, action/plataforms. It was a kind of cool game, with cool monsters and action music. He shoots some kind of fireballs, and when he died he turned to you, screams and desapears.
Any clue? Thanks

Obviously either noone knows, or no one cares, but be my guest, keep re posting the same thing every day.

Hi there!
I am looking for the retro arcade game. That was my favorit, but I dont remember its name.
1980, 2d, color, spaceship.
1 scene: Th big yellow planet contains 6 or 8 small planets. I needed to shoot them.
After they came out.
2. I could go to the center, and had to shoot the flying planets.
3. The labirint with bottom guns, and comets.
4. The end: the eye behind the wall, that could shoot back.
When you hit the eye, it came free, and flu randomly.
You had to shoot it 4x.

Well, I dont remember more.
Please help me someone!

Thank you

Old pirate ship game.
Overhead camera
Had upgrades you could get.
-flamethrower
-multishot
-blimp
The pirates on the ship made funny shout out noises.
The gameplay involved avoiding fire spouts and such.
Was played on windows 95 or 98.

Don't know if this one was brought up or not but I have been trying to find this game since the late 90's. There is a game I played when I was in 5th grade (fall '96- spring '97 not sure if that was when it came out though) which was about farming. The time period setting was the old west (kind of like what you would see on little house on the prairie or around the time period that doc goes back to in back to the future 3). It is not Harvest moon or Simfarm. You start with a little house, little farm, and few possessions. As you progress (by buying seed for crops and them living/making it through weather as well) you are able to upgrade your house, your lockbox where you would keep coins and what not, bigger farm, and better seed for better crops.

Catie Hurst:
Can anyone help me, I can't remember the name of a PC game I used to play when I was younger. It involved raising babies. I think the stork brought them, you could adopt them possibly. All I remember was that you could pick the babies up with a mouse and put them on the changing table. You made them learn the xylophone. Does this sound familiar to anyone?!

It was called Babyz I believe. From the same people who made Petz.

There was this game I forget the name of. It was in space but you were on a lifeless planet. It was a vehicle that kept going to the right and you had to dodge obstacles as you progressed. You would reach checkpoints and have unlimited life. An obstacle I remember was there was this spiky floor coming up and down in groups. In order to get past this, all you had to do was not move your vehicle and you would be able to pass it.

zerohour1974:

Don Stimac:

First one ? The firemen http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/firemen/firemen.htm
Second one sounds like Resident Evil 2 ?

The second one is hell as sure Resident Evil 1. The first great survivor horror game :)

Man, I remember an old game in an Arabian setting that I used to play all the time. It was a lot like Commander Keen, but the characters actually had realistic skin colors, and there was some sort of wizard involved?

cloroxbb:

rickganfei:
Any clue? Thanks

Obviously either noone knows, or no one cares, but be my guest, keep re posting the same thing every day.

Uau!! don't tell me they made you moderator on this and nobody knew!!??

Oh, they didn't? So shut up kid

Akos Gyorgy:
The second one is hell as sure Resident Evil 1. The first great survivor horror game :)

Eh...Resident Evil took almost all of its ideas from Alone in the Dark.

Also, he was looking for an early 90s game, so Alone in the Dark seems like the more likely option.
Plus AitD had its 'giant plant' in the basement of the mansion, while RE1 put its plant in a...side-house?

mjcabooseblu:
Man, I remember an old game in an Arabian setting that I used to play all the time. It was a lot like Commander Keen, but the characters actually had realistic skin colors, and there was some sort of wizard involved?

Was it Prince of Persia?

ello guys there is a game i used to play ps1 game long time ago its goes like this you can play with 4 characters one of them is a cyborg i think and a male characters with blue clothes an white hair and the other two is girl and a boy i dont remember them but at the first stage you fight a giant spider boss and maybe the second stage you play in yard full of giant worms and in the middle there is a huge tower and thats all what I remember so please anyone can help me? anyone plz?

Anyone know this old game I use to play on my old pc growing up all I know is I think it has 4 wizards in it (or less) and you explore in trees in one level and I remember the whole screen would go pinky purple when it was opened it may have been on a floppy disk or something and in one level you need to sneak past a dog to grab something (maybe the bone or some papers or something) while it's sleeping and if you wake it up you lose I know it's a vague description but this is the most I remember and I've done alot of searching through almost all DOS windows and commodore 64 games that include wizards and can not find it. I doubt I'll find it ever again but it's worth a try. Not sure if the purple screen was a glitch or the game was actually like that but I was younger and can not remember. I'm 19 so it was only roughly 10-11 years ago but jeeze it's impossible to find. I'm quite sure the game was 2D but I remember sneaking past the dog was on a 3D floor and you had to sneak up past it. Thanks in advance if anyone can help :)

Hi, I have been looking for the name of this PS1 game forever but its impossible to find.
It was a game where you were (wake up maybe?) in a hospital and you are trying to escape. It starts off on a platform and I think there was an elevator you go on at the start. The game is sort of a top down adventure game and you have to sneak by the doctors or they will alert the guards by pressing the alarm button and the guards will capture you and you lose. You could fight the gaurds and doctors by attacking them (punch kick etc.) Once you get out of the hospital, you meet with your girlfriend and the rest i cannot remember. It appeared in one of the demo discs as well which is where i played it. There could be a PC version aswell. It looked alot like the graphics in Theme hospital but it was a adventure game.

PLEASE help me find this game. I have been wanting to play it again forever. Thanks.

I am looking for an old tile based board game. One person plays the bad guy. In the game you start off as a group of heroes trying to kill the horror monster in the house by finding out what monster you are fighting then finding the specific weapon to kill him. There are outside tiles and house tiles. I think if the bad guy "kills" you you become evil and try to help him.

Chris Killinger:
I am looking for an old tile based board game. One person plays the bad guy. In the game you start off as a group of heroes trying to kill the horror monster in the house by finding out what monster you are fighting then finding the specific weapon to kill him. There are outside tiles and house tiles. I think if the bad guy "kills" you you become evil and try to help him.

Do you mean a physical board game? Or a videogame adaptation of a board game, like the Hero Quest game?

Hmm...if you mean physical, I guess it could be something like Betrayal at House on the Hill, or maybe...Nightmare House?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 . . . 382 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here