Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 . . . 764 NEXT

Karmarsi:
I feel lucky to have found this thrad. I registered just for this, I hope that's all right. I actually have a few memories of this game, but honestly they may be multiple games. so really whatever seems familiar to the memories just post the names please... ^^;

I'm pretty sure it was for the SNES, as that was my main game system when I was a child, back in the 90s. I could be wrong, however!

The first thing I remember is going up or north. It was an interesting area that was filled with traps. there was a narrow path, like walking down an aisle while to the left and right were like cubicles, often times with boulders in them. Sometimes a boulder would roll down and you'd have to move into one of the the "cubicles". Sometimes there would be a step-on switch there which would trigger a boulder to shoot out from the side. I remember the character looking somewhat like Link from the Legend of Zelda but I'm very unsure.

Another memory I have is again heading up up or north... It was a bone bridge like place, and under was bubbling liquid. like lava or tar or such. I remember it was a group of characters. 2-4. I know someone was always following you. At the end of the bridge was a roundish building made out of bones I think. It was quote the detailed game, but I don't remember much besides that I loved it. I thought it could be Secret of Evermore, but the only bubbling like area didn't fit it perfectly, as I remember a distinct area with red lava you have to avoid, it was like puddles of it.

My last one has a word map to it. It was a group of four characters and the only thing I can remember is they were jumping from one side of the screen to the next. the left building or tower was collapsing and they jumped to a window to the next pillar. Inside was a king I believe. It honestly reminds me of final Fantasy but again I'm unsure.

Honestly I would love to find that/those game(s). I loved them dearly as a kid and I'd love to find them and show them to my fiance. thank you, everyone!

EDIT: I was a major RPGer and still am. I'm not sure if all of these are. It's always either adventure / rpg with me if that helps. But I can't remember battle systems well, so I can't help with that. I apologize

Reposting again. Still no suggestions or possibilities. :c

Alright, I've been googling like crazy and nothing's turned up. You're my only hope left, Escapees!
- I used to play a demo of this game with my brother.
- The protagonist was a male human, who woke up on a snowy alien planet, but he's in a bed. (perhaps with amnesia?)
- He has a headache when he wakes up and vocalizes that.
- There is a brown alien there. He calls him a strange name and likes to say that name, as he says it every other damn line of dialogue.
- The alien trains you at the beginning of the game, it's in a snowy village. I think there were three trials, but I only remember two.
- One trial is shooting pots with a laser gun. The other I remember is having to take some fruit that the alien places somewhere, but you cannot be seen.
- The fruit was placed near what I thought to be a port-a-potty as a kid.
- I NEVER got past the sneaking bit. I always got caught and the alien would say the weird name and set you back to the beginning.
- There was a stargate-esque ring in the village, the advert when closing the demo said how you would visit all kinds of planets with that ring. I'm not sure if it was a stargate game, but I don't think so.
- This is a PC game from pretty way back. I'm not sure, but I think it's over 10 years old.

That's pretty much all I remember. If anybody knows what the heck I'm talking about, I would be much obliged.

I was searching many time for this game:
You start as robot at a city you can destroy flying cars kill people i think too and smash things on the floor like phone stands and etc you can even hold flying car and throw it and as you keep making those crimes police coming to attack you...
As you kill more of them stronger flying robots are coming and at the end you get to kill the boss you also gain money and can buy more weapons and if you die you start all over oh and i forgot there are people that you fly near them and press enter to make mission...I remember i passed the first city to other city after killing the boss (giant robot) and then i died there always.. anyway i remember all of this game expect its name -_- so i will thank so much for who will find the name for me.
BTW its 2D and it was realased maybe between 2000-2005...
Thanks from advance!!!

I got two.
One is a mainly point and click adventure game (educational maybe considering that I played this during computer class) that is about you going through the amazon river. you have to stock on food and water, and you can visit many people, mainly amazonian tribes. i remember one part where there is a scumbag person who will steal your stuff, and one of my classmates found a way to not let the guy steal from you. My guess that this game came before 2007.

the other game is a racing game based around the stone age/cavemen with cartoon graphics and places like ancient china, Egypt, and maybe rome. You could select cars with different levels of things like speed. I remember playing this in elementary school and I saw it once on an apple ad of sorts.

If any one of you know the name I will greatly appreciate it.

Edit: I now know that the second game is Cro Mag Rally, released in 1998. Downloaded it on my Ipad. Ahhh, all those great memories of playing in Crete, Great Wall and Desert.

Tesral:

shinichi8:
They try to bump each other into lava, while the circle platform gets smaller and smaller.

Definitely Fusion Frenzy for Xbox. It was a 2001 launch title.

yes!!! Thank you also to Batou667. I've been searching everywhere for this. I still can't believe it.
You guys are lifesavers, no joke.

I'm so glad I found this place. This game has been in my mind for years, but I have no idea what it's called. I believe I played it on an Apple IIe, but I could be wrong about that. It was displayed in green screen. The avatar was a squat human icon. I think you wandered through a castle or a dungeon, there were thick walls on either side. You were given a sword and a shield, I think. And monsters randomly appeared - the only one I can remember is a griffin. The game has to be older than, say, 1990 or so. I can't remember much more than that, but I played it all the time as a kid. I will be so grateful if this rings a bell for someone else!

Rule322:
Alright, I've been googling like crazy and nothing's turned up. You're my only hope left, Escapees!
- I used to play a demo of this game with my brother.
- The protagonist was a male human, who woke up on a snowy alien planet, but he's in a bed. (perhaps with amnesia?)
- He has a headache when he wakes up and vocalizes that.
- There is a brown alien there. He calls him a strange name and likes to say that name, as he says it every other damn line of dialogue.
- The alien trains you at the beginning of the game, it's in a snowy village. I think there were three trials, but I only remember two.
- One trial is shooting pots with a laser gun. The other I remember is having to take some fruit that the alien places somewhere, but you cannot be seen.
- The fruit was placed near what I thought to be a port-a-potty as a kid.
- I NEVER got past the sneaking bit. I always got caught and the alien would say the weird name and set you back to the beginning.
- There was a stargate-esque ring in the village, the advert when closing the demo said how you would visit all kinds of planets with that ring. I'm not sure if it was a stargate game, but I don't think so.
- This is a PC game from pretty way back. I'm not sure, but I think it's over 10 years old.

That's pretty much all I remember. If anybody knows what the heck I'm talking about, I would be much obliged.

Outcast matches this description.

My childhood memory's probably a bit muddy, but if anyone thinks they can recognize this game I'd be very grateful :D

I played it around pre 2002. I think..
It was a Sci-fi future theme, first-person-perspective game.
The Player's goal was to pilot a space train/truck to the next port while avoiding and fighting off various police ships.

Your ship was locked to a set of rails, there were walls to either side of you and you were always moving forward. You had to decide which direction to go when forks in the track came up.

You were attacked by various police vehicles that would fly onto your screen, which you could destroy by aiming and firing lazers with your mouse.
The most common enemy was a police robot drone shaped like a lollipop with a square head and flashing police lights on top.
The next enemy up from that was a police ship shaped like a semi-circle with two cockpits on the flat side.
The most dangerous enemy was a large dark-yellow ship called a 'Scorpion'.

You only ever saw profile pictures of characters in the game. I think your character had a trucker cap.
The game had a lot of CDs, and came in a multidisk jewel case.

Any help greatly appreciated, I've been looking for a long time.

Appreciate your expertise on this forum and apologies if this has already been addressed...but looking for the name of a NES game I vaguely remember from the 80s. You had the choice of a dozen or so different characters with different weapons to fight your way through multiple overhead view boards (shooter like Commando or Gunsmoke). If a character died they were no longer available for subsequent boards. Seems like the game maybe advanced through time starting with cavemen and ending up with futuristic enemies? Maybe it even had the word 'time' in the title? I think you just had to get characters from the bottom to the top of the screen--I don't remember it scrolling. Anyway popped in my mind today and can't remember the finer details...thanks!

Dimitur Gospodinov:
Hey guys looking for an old RPG i played 7-8years ago... good graphics it was some fantazy rpg u had 3 characterss that can be switched in game a warrior a mage and a female elfish assassin ... i also remember the final boss was a kickass dragon ... pls help :) the game was god of war-ish style of play

If it was for early Nintendo then it might have been Final Fantasy I. It didn't look anything like it's later games that were released in the U.S.

Coldie:

Outcast matches this description.

Yes, certainly and without a doubt you are correct. Little pang in my brain as the memory connected again, haha. Thanks a lot!

Hey I played a game on pc around 2005 and can't remember the name of it. The game was sort of a bird's eye view strategy where you would start off with a castle and from there you could build different structures that could recruit particular units. Some of these units were wizard, rogues, worriers and you could build temples that gave you units as well. It was set in a fictional land with like dragons and giant wolves and stuff. From memory what made this game stand out from others was the fact that once you recruited a unit you no longer had control of them like a wizard for example might spend his time at a library researching new spells and you'd have to wait for him to go out and fight something. Also as an incentive for your units to go out and kill something or explore somewhere you could place bounty on enemy ai players or set a reward for exploring a certain area.
Like I said before I can't remember the name of this game and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gnak:

questoholic:
I cant for the life of me remember the name to this game..Could someone help? It started out as you waking up as a prisoner on a ship with another person. The guards come and get you, but before you get off the ship, you choose your name, gender, race(the few I remember is a cat person, lizard person, and a human looking race with blue tatoos on the face.) and facial features. As you get off the ship, you meet a man where you choose the sign you were born under and such. ( I usually chose the rogue) After that you are released and get a few quests. The first few are like finding out who killed a man and why, among others. After that you travel to a new city, (and as a rogue I of course went into the rogues court) where I did quests for the boss. Thats pretty much all I can remember :/ Does someone know what I'm talking about?

is that something from the elder scrolls series? Morrowind maybe?

Just reinforcing what has been said here, this is most definitely the 'Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind'

tim2507:
Hey I played a game on pc around 2005 and can't remember the name of it. The game was sort of a bird's eye view strategy where you would start off with a castle and from there you could build different structures that could recruit particular units. Some of these units were wizard, rogues, worriers and you could build temples that gave you units as well. It was set in a fictional land with like dragons and giant wolves and stuff. From memory what made this game stand out from others was the fact that once you recruited a unit you no longer had control of them like a wizard for example might spend his time at a library researching new spells and you'd have to wait for him to go out and fight something. Also as an incentive for your units to go out and kill something or explore somewhere you could place bounty on enemy ai players or set a reward for exploring a certain area.
Like I said before I can't remember the name of this game and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim.

Hi. Please help me find name of the game.

1) I play it in 1993 on 8bit NES.
2) You can play alone or with friend (game for 1/2 players);
3) Title screen: red car and 2 people with racing helmets and with machine guns;
4) It is side-scroller, but not like "contra/mario", where are floors, but like in "double dragon", where you move up/down and right;
5) Players walk and shoot;
6) Sometimes during mission players sit in car and one of players can drive it until hit wall or land mine, after car is crashed, you continue on foot.

7) maybe some levels are look like "contra 2 level", but instead on walking up, you stay in cover (behind brick wall) and shoot up. [not sure, if it is the same game)

I am looking for a game that I used to play A LONG time ago, and I will try to explain it as well as I can:

Firstly, it's a 2D shooter game, you could play vs. computers or multiplayer (or both). When creating the maps or choosing from already existing maps, one could choose what kind of weapons should be in the game, and there were TONS and TONS of weapons, ranging from little guns to nuclear explosives. One could also alter the amount of blood. The environment could be blown away, as well. You could choose from a lot of different characters like worms, master chief (look-alike) and a lot of other stuff, as well as changing the colour of the character. I remember it being very hard to aim, and everyone also had a grapple hook.

Thanks in advance!

PS2 DEMO DISK GAME! ON THE DISK WAS OTHER GAMES LIKE RATCHET AND CLANK I THINK! :p

can any one tell em this...i can remember sitting in my cousins house and he had a demo disk and in the demo of a game you where in some desert or wasteland and there was a house or shack and in it there was an old man and his daughter and i think they asked you to go into some sort of mine or cave a short distants from the house.. when you entered the cave there was like a wheel barrel i think and some bones im not sure but the house sort of looked run down and it was to the left of the map because the game had a view point in the sky where you seen your character... please someone give me some suggestions on the name... :(

PS2 DEMO DISK GAME! ON THE DISK WAS OTHER GAMES LIKE RATCHET AND CLANK I THINK! :p

can any one tell em this...i can remember sitting in my cousins house and he had a demo disk and in the demo of a game you where in some desert or wasteland and there was a house or shack and in it there was an old man and his daughter and i think they asked you to go into some sort of mine or cave a short distants from the house.. when you entered the cave there was like a wheel barrel i think and some bones im not sure but the house sort of looked run down and it was to the left of the map because the game had a view point in the sky where you seen your character... please someone give me some suggestions on the name... :(

Holyshawarma:
I am looking for a game that I used to play A LONG time ago, and I will try to explain it as well as I can:

Firstly, it's a 2D shooter game, you could play vs. computers or multiplayer (or both). When creating the maps or choosing from already existing maps, one could choose what kind of weapons should be in the game, and there were TONS and TONS of weapons, ranging from little guns to nuclear explosives. One could also alter the amount of blood. The environment could be blown away, as well. You could choose from a lot of different characters like worms, master chief (look-alike) and a lot of other stuff, as well as changing the colour of the character. I remember it being very hard to aim, and everyone also had a grapple hook.

Thanks in advance!

Well, perhaps I'm being over-literal, but this sounds a lot like one of the Worms series.

Jeffmal:
Appreciate your expertise on this forum and apologies if this has already been addressed...but looking for the name of a NES game I vaguely remember from the 80s. You had the choice of a dozen or so different characters with different weapons to fight your way through multiple overhead view boards (shooter like Commando or Gunsmoke). If a character died they were no longer available for subsequent boards. Seems like the game maybe advanced through time starting with cavemen and ending up with futuristic enemies? Maybe it even had the word 'time' in the title? I think you just had to get characters from the bottom to the top of the screen--I don't remember it scrolling. Anyway popped in my mind today and can't remember the finer details...thanks!

That sounds a lot like Gain Ground to me, except I don't believe there was a NES version.

Batou667:

Holyshawarma:

Thanks in advance!

Well, perhaps I'm being over-literal, but this sounds a lot like one of the Worms series.

Yes, it's pretty much everything that comes up when I try to find the game, but I can assure you that it is not Worms. The game is VERY different from worms, in fact. It is not turn-based, for one.

Hi folks I cant seem to remember this game my older brother and I would play around the 00's on a Windows PC. From what we could remember you play a character that times travel from different times and locations (such as Rome? and a temple on a mountain landscape) to collect items that will help you in a different time. You would not control your character freely you had to click to your next location whether it be the next room or further down a street. It was a puzzle-mystery-adventure game (I believe) and it may have came bundled with the pc at the time. If anyone can figure this kudos to you. Thank you if you take the time to search because I came up with nothing.

-xMeZ

Hey guys, I can't seem to remember the name. It came out around 8-10 years ago and was either a GameCube or PS1/2 game. You were a kid who found a fairy that looked like a paintbrush which you used to create monsters (mainly odd shapes) that battled other people. It swapped between first and third person view and I think it was a fantasy adventure game. Any help would be nice, thanks.

There was this PC game I vaguely remember as a child where you are a boy on a hoverboard and you have to get through different levels. One level I remember was an egyptian themed level and there were alot of space themed levels too. You had to get through without getting killed by enemies which were teddy bears(?) or something like that. You also had different guns and weapons you could pick up to shoot the enemies. This would have to be 10-15+ years ago.
I think a spaceship(?) lands in your room in the opening sequence and you gain powers as well.
EDIT: Nevermind, I found it as someone else already asked... It was Cyril Cyberpunk.

StriderShinryu:

Jeffmal:

That sounds a lot like Gain Ground to me, except I don't believe there was a NES version.

And you are correct on both counts--must have played this as I started upgrading to the Sega Genesis? Thank you, Strider!

Need help finding a game about a monk and summoning.It's a PC game, not an MMO ,and it's not turn based ,my guess it was released around 2000, where you play some kind of monks ,somehow related to sound ,you have have a staff with a crystal in which you can trap different creatures and then you can summon them in battle .You can' choose classes and to level up you need to wait for a day to pass .The game is from a third person view , and you also have some stat leveling system.Also as far as i remember you start somewhere that resembles ancient Greece ,and at some point travel somewhere that looks like Northern country .
P.S.I am pretty sure it's not any game from the Elder scrolls series.

reddpgd:

Batou667:

reddpgd:
tried googling, and reading through about 15 pages of posts in this thread without being able to find what I'm looking for. I don't remember the game to well as its quite long ago but here goes.

I played it on apple 2e (floppy disk)
I remember that it was a sort of maze type game. you would be in a room (which was in essence a blank screen) with the option to go forward, left, or right. you would not actually move to the next room, there was no animation of you walking or moving forward. you would select the direction then the next room would load to your screen.

once in the room there was often something for you to "fight" (no animation) usually a robot, monster, or dragon. (I believe the game was futuristic). I never did well so I "died" (no animation).

I don't recall much else. If I had to guess this game was in the mid 80s.

I'm afraid you just described an entire genre of games. Can you remember any specific details?

Thankyou so much for getting back to me.

I really don't recall to much it was when I was very young.
I do recall there was no animation of the enemies, I think some of the random robots I encountered had basically 2 sets of graphics, one set was the upper body, the other the lower body. the computer would mix and match these to sometimes have a robot with a few different models of the upper body (head, chest and weapon) and the lower body (legs, or tracks).
I remember the dragons were serpent like and coiled amongst themselves.

For some reason flame throwers, or fire of some sort sticks in my mind. I seem to remember not knowing the attack commands and getting myself killed frequently. For some reason I tend to think of the game as incredibly hard and never managed to make it past the first level?dungeon?maze?

I'm also not sure if it was in color but when I played it, it was on one of the old black and green monitor.

and I suppose it would have been around the same time as choplifter and karateka. At least in the same general time period. i 100% remember playing conan (and having my butt handed to me) and that was released in 1984, though I imagine I played it a few years after.

it reminds me of a first person shooter with no movement, and no animation when fighting. as i said, you just sort of appear in the next room (corresponding to the direction you chose) and there either was a creature (always alone) waiting for you, or there wasn't. if there was it was just an image of it on screen. I remember the art work of the enemies being pretty detailed compared to games like conan and karateka. I remember some of the robots weapons being fist type weapons (spikes, blades etc)

so am i just hooped for tracking this down?

Ok, this is an old PC game kind of like Age of Empire, but where you played as angels or demons or something like that and when your turn ended, it should like day turning into night. You could also upgrade your units into extremely powerful ones also I think. If anyone could help me I would appreciate it.

Sounds like Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim.[/quote]

omg thats it, thanks a bundle brah

I'm looking for a fairly old game. I fairly certain that it was a PSX game. It was a side scrolling shooter with a futuristic setting. It's similar to Einhander to an extent. I'm pretty sure you play as a blue fighter, and the first stage was in a forest or jungle. Also, the intro involved your ship being inside of a flying carrier, and a robotic arm lowers you outside of this carrier, releasing your ship and then you boost off into the distance.

If anyone could tell me what game this is, please pm me. Any help is GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

hey i remember playing a game on the original xbox that had bears as solider u had 2 teams and it was full out war you could pick assassin classes sniper classes and much more just forgot the name to the game if any one could help...??

a pirate game. you never saw the player, you were just a boat and you had to attack forts and pirates you met. you killed forts by sailing into them and shooting your cannon at the cannons that popped up from behind fences. the ship attacking worked the same. it was played from a birdseye view and in the final level you first had to pass lots of forts in a narrow pass and the fight lots of ships in a lagoon before you came to the end of the level. at the end there was a picture of your ship sailing in between two tropical islands with treasure littered across them at the main menu there was a parrot and to start you had to click a box where a green checkmark appeard to start the game.

anybody know what i'm talking about?

killingmofos:
hey i remember playing a game on the original xbox that had bears as solider u had 2 teams and it was full out war you could pick assassin classes sniper classes and much more just forgot the name to the game if any one could help...??

Conker: Reloaded. It was the Conker's Bad Fur Day remake for the Xbox.

HappyCat:
Hey guys, I can't seem to remember the name. It came out around 8-10 years ago and was either a GameCube or PS1/2 game. You were a kid who found a fairy that looked like a paintbrush which you used to create monsters (mainly odd shapes) that battled other people. It swapped between first and third person view and I think it was a fantasy adventure game. Any help would be nice, thanks.

Okami?

I NEED the name of this game!!!

I really don't remember much about it except for a few details:

It was an RPG-ish action game...though you couldn't level up or put on any extra equipment, it was just you and your sword. I played it in my PS1,(though I have gone through the list of PS1 games in wikipedia and I haven't gotten any luck...). I remember the first level being in a green area and I think the first boss was a Dragon. At the end of the game, a castle of some sort (and by the way the game is not long at all), I think you battled with a Skeleton guy in a purple cape. But the FINAL boss was a big black ...thing... Like a spider "standing up".

I have been looking for this one for quite a while now, hope you can help me!
Thank you in advance!

Pages PREV 1 . . . 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 . . . 764 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or