Godzilla Titans Apple TV+ TV series Legendary Entertainment Toho

Godzilla TV Series Is Coming to Apple TV+, Set in the Monsterverse

Legendary Entertainment and Apple TV+ have entered into a (one might say) colossal deal for a live-action Monsterverse TV series about Godzilla and the Titans. It is connected to the universe of the movies and is set in a time after the world has learned that monsters are both real and deadly. Per Deadline, the story will follow “one family’s journey to uncover its buried secrets and a legacy linking them to the secret organization known as Monarch.”

Recommended Videos

Chris Black and Matt Fraction are co-creators and executive producers, with Black also serving as showrunner. Safehouse Pictures’ Joby Harold and Tory Tunnell and Toho’s Hiro Matsuoka and Takemasa Arita are all also executive producers, and Toho has licensed the rights to Godzilla to Legendary for this Apple+ TV series. Legendary Television is the producer.

Even though Godzilla and the Titans are headed to Apple TV+ for a series, plans for another entry in the Monsterverse movie franchise are continuing as well. To date, the series of films, which includes Godzilla, Kong: Skull Island, Godzilla: King of the Monsters, and Godzilla vs. Kong, has grossed nearly $2 billion in total worldwide, which is a decent chunk of change. Netflix will also receive the anime Skull Island at some point. It really goes to show that there is no escaping these indomitable monsters.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Furiosa: Is Tom Hardy in the Mad Max: Fury Road Prequel?
Tom Hardy as Max Rockatansky in Mad Max: Fury Road
Read Article Agatha: Who Does Joe Locke Play in the MCU Series?
Joe Locke and Marvel Comics character Billy Kaplan/Wiccan
Read Article X-Men ’97: Who Is Theo James’ Character, Bastion?
Bastion in X-Men '97 Season 1, Episode 7, "Bright Eyes"
Related Content
Read Article Furiosa: Is Tom Hardy in the Mad Max: Fury Road Prequel?
Tom Hardy as Max Rockatansky in Mad Max: Fury Road
Read Article Agatha: Who Does Joe Locke Play in the MCU Series?
Joe Locke and Marvel Comics character Billy Kaplan/Wiccan
Read Article X-Men ’97: Who Is Theo James’ Character, Bastion?
Bastion in X-Men '97 Season 1, Episode 7, "Bright Eyes"
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.