What Game(s) do you want to see get made?

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Godhand 2 or some spiritual successor.
Persona 5
Mirror's edge 2
[cross]another Sakura Wars[/cross]

I will say what I say whenever this comes up.

Rise of Nations 2.

Classic RTS action on a huge scale with modern graphics. Just that. Seriously, a reskinned 3D HD version of the original, perhaps with a few things added (More distinction between nations). I still play the original and, for me, it was the pinnacle of RTS gaming (Micro for you Micro lovers, grand scale for you nation builders), put it on the right settings and with a few mods if feels like a non turn based civilisation.

That aside?

Victoria Total War. Been thinking about how you could make it work. Firstly, you would need to be able to choose your theaters. Like in Empire Total War but having the choice between just in Europe (Ala Napoleon) or just in Africa/India/Asia/America. Have the time period go from around 1830 up to about 1920. Deep tech trees to give you a proper element of choice (Lots of shit was discovered during this time, I am thinking Victoria 2 style tech trees) so you can go from flintlocks up to bolt-action rifles. But simplified to make it actually work as a total war game.

I really like the idea of Total War meets Paradox. The choice of limiting the theaters would really help making the game feasible. Also given it thought as to how you would still feel victorian though, just needs random events and a colonization mechanism that is separate from conquering places (Thinking "Event: Some dude wants to fund an expedition to Africa, he needs X amounts of moneys" or "Event: trouble in the colonies, some dude needs X amount of dudes").

Plus I think it is a time period that doesnt get enough love. Napoleon and Empire total war are two of my favourite games ever made and I have yet to play a decent WW1 game. Most people think it was all static trench warfare which is far from the truth.

Another Okami game with Ammy
A real Ghost Recon game
Another game set in the Bastion universe
A Planetside style WH40k game
Mirror's Edge 2
Battlefield 3 without the DLC and more aspects kept from 2
Battlefield 2143
Killing Floor 2 with even more things turned up to 11

I'd love another Red Alert that could be made by another company that isn't EA and doesn't hack it to pieces.

I'd also like an original DMC game but with the Revengeance style blade cutting so I could enjoy cutting demons and other enemies into tiny little cubes and giblets.

And a Resident Evil game like 2-3 that isn't in the style of 4-6 but something new and different or maybe just like the originals but with a twist.

canadamus_prime:

Father Time:

canadamus_prime:
A game that is not a sequel, remake, or a bloody HD rerelease. Fuck HD.

The Last of Us?

Haven't played that. Is it any good?

It's not out yet but it looks like it's going to be pretty good.

The Darkness 3. First game was awesome, second game was good, could have been longer but they made quad wielding work well! And that ending. COME ON LETS HAVE A DARKNESS 3!!!

Mass Effect 1 remade with ME3 gameplay
a Dresden Files game, or some other kind of urban fantasy mystery sort of thing
Mirror's Edge 2
Jade Empire 2
a Firefly game
another larger-scale Dawn of War game
a Wolverine game of quality on par with Arkham Asylum

Ed130:

keiji_Maeda:

Ed130:

The original was one the first games I ever bought.

A Warhammer or 40k RPG with the player as a witch hunter or inquisitor.

I agrtee with this whole heartedly, open gameplay with multiple solutions, all of them suitably (grimdarkyyyy in SPACE!)violent, the possibility to keep puritanical or radical, build up a retinue, get bionics, visit world. Do the emperors work. Be able to call down exterminatus.

Seems solid, to bad the 40k license is in the air.

The Warhammer Fantasy licence isn't, but that's in Creative Assembly's hands and will most likely be a Total War type.

*I've seen the subject bandied about. And i'm still cautiously optimistic about the premise of WHFK total war.

Of course my opinion is coloured by the fact that i've played LoTR Total war and really enjoyed it.

Cry Wolf:

PrimitiveJudge:
Stargate MMO. They started to make it a long time ago but then scrapped the project.

keiji_Maeda:
Alpha protocol II (not a JRPG, but it had sooo much potential, just some more polish and you'll get there Bethesda)

IIRC; that was Obsidian. Infact, it wasn't even published by Bethesda. Rather, it was Sega. I do, however, agree that a Spy RPG has fantastic potential. Not sure Obsidian has the chops for it though.

Ah right you are, i'm inclined to agree, obsidan has probed in the past that they're highly reluctant to put money into something that isn't likely to generate a good amount of revenue. Which makes them a company all in all .

A smoothed out Final Fantasy IX remake and Final Fantasy Tactics A3 are top of the list.

Guitar Hero 7, or some rhythm game that finally manages to sort out the licensing for Paradise City and Bat Out Of Hell.

Chrono Break. Or let the guys who were making that awesome Chrono Trigger Resurrection remake out of the box.

A version 4 update of Nethack.

Subversion, if Introversion can ever figure out a way to make a game out of what was a stunning concept. Whatever Ron Gilbert's idea for Monkey Island 3 was. George Broussard's original concept for Duke Nukem Forever.

Carmageddon 4, although I gather that's happening. Warcraft 4.

Fuzzy's World Of Miniature Space Golf 2.

A reboot of The Settlers back to the S1/2 games, not the in-name-only crapflood that's been coming out ever since. A proper sequel to Transport Tycoon Deluxe - Locomotion was not it.

Bayonetta 2 HD Remake onto a console that I actually want. A Civ2 rerelease that works on 64-bit Windows.

And yes, I am depressed by how many of these are merely remakes, rereleases and sequels. I have no original ideas.

Kinitawowi:
And yes, I am depressed by how many of these are merely remakes, rereleases and sequels. I have no original ideas.

Nothing wrong with sequels, it's just when they are released yearly or there are to many current iterations or the same series.

In my earlier post I forgot to mention I would also love a sequel to Psychonauts and Hit and Run. Both were great games when they came out and are still fun to play.

I would also like to see another game like NFS Underground where you can actually customize your car to look decent rather than have all these high end super cars that can virtually only have engine mods done. I'm not bothered what the game is called or even if it really has a story but I think it would be awesome if the modifications were a combination of NFS Underground 2 and Midnight Club LA with being able to customize parts of the interior and make it look more like a show car.

A GOOD Eureka 7 Mech flying, blow shit up with missles, fly around sandbox game. Who doesn't like fking awesome robots and aliens and stuff?

Ghost In The Shell

There have been a few games, but they both focus on the action, when there's so much more that could be done with it. Action is only a relatively minor part of the franchise. There's also the investigating, the conversations, the hacking. Delving into philosophy and ideology, the human condition and transhumanism. Tachikomas. All kinds of cybernetic gadgets that could be crafted into fun mechanics and/or even a fully fledged rpg.

It's hard to describe what I envision a perfect GiTS game to be, but I suppose the lovechild born from an orgy of the best parts of Oni, Deus Ex and LA Noire would be a decent descriptor. Maybe add in something like the mindjacking mechanic from, well, Mindjack, but better implemented.

StashAugustine:
Star Wars: The Emperor's Hand. A cross between Deus Ex and Hitman where you play as Mara Jade. Infiltrate areas and uncover conspiracies using subterfuge, stealth, trickery, the Force, or just shooting everyone. It'd also allow a game to use Force powers more for subtle influence and trickery rather than blowing stuff up.

You sir, are a genius.

Apart from that, I'd like to see another flightsim in the vein of TIE Fighter or X-Wing: Alliance, story-wise as well as gameplay-wise. Using current technology.

Also, I'd love a agent/stealth game set in the Mass Effect universe. Probably a Salarian STG thing. As close as possible to Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, since that was the best Splinter Cell.

And I really hope the next AssCreed gives us a more engaging protagonist than Connor and a more visually interesting setting then the last one.

simpsons Hit & Run 2, Psychonauts 2, a harry potter game where you can run around as a student at Hogwarts and not harry(that way we'll be free from the original stories), more american mcgee and a cards against humanity app you can play with your friend via internet

Great, one of these threads, AGAIN :/
So here it goes- Battlezone3

Also new entry on my list
Parkan3
Man I wanted to like Parkan2, I really did, but it was.. lacking (for a lack of better term)
Something wasn't there
I always imagined that Parkan3 could implement best of X and Battlezone (maybe with a pinch of XCom and Mass Effect)
Also with less !@#$ing robots and more humans this time.
Sadly I don't expect this game out anytime soon :(

Father Time:

canadamus_prime:

Father Time:

The Last of Us?

Haven't played that. Is it any good?

It's not out yet but it looks like it's going to be pretty good.

I'll have to have a look at it.

Adventure Time MMO.

I'd love to quest around the Candy Kingdom.

Still waiting on a Pokemon MMO. Come on now, Nintendo.

Also, I'd really like a game that lets you play as a dragon or some other cool beasty, and actually does it right.
I know a few have attempted it, but in my experience it always ends up feeling like playing a re-skinned human or
just being plain awkward to control. The original Spyro trilogy may have been the closest to getting it right.

LoneWanderer:
I know this topic comes up every now and then, but heck why not have it come up again.

For me I want a "Clone wars" version of Star Wars Empire at war. Seriously that's an instant sale right there! I bet millions of Star Wars fans will buy on day one. :D

So Escapists? What game do you want to see get made?

One that focuses more on the 501st platoon? Sure,I'd play that.

Anyone ever read Crash and Bass? Or even better,Bass Legends? So much potential for a story there.Here's the link if you're interested:http://basslegends.smackjeeves.com/ The main hook of the story here is what if Bass actually defeated Megaman? He would take his place. Going back to games,I'm a fan of whenever a turnbased RPG adaptation of a anime series I like is released over here,and would like it if it happened more often. (Naruto:Path Of The Ninja 1 and 2,DBZ:Attack Of The Saiyans) Like say,One Piece or Fairy Tail. But mostly,I'd like either more LUNAR games (Ah,nostalgia. I still rememeber getting it at Walmart with the big box that had the map,the bromides,the soundtrack and one of my cherished possessions,the Lucia's Pendant.)or more Dark Cloud games. Still remember getting that game after my stepdad died. Talked about it at his funeral,(lost him in a 4 wheeler accident,never gone near one since)and a friend to the family showed up the next day and gave it to me. His kids,my step bros,bonded over it. One of them even helped me get some of the good equipment. Good People. Also,more KOTOR games,dang it! You want a good Star Wars prequel,that's it! It's a long time before the established main movie story,and it has interesting,likeable characters. And the story of the Jedi survivor of the Mandalorian Wars is far more interesting than Anakin's is.

guitarsniper:

Did we play the same Mass Effect 3? After playing it on every platform in the end, I feel reasonably safe when I state that it was a horrid, unbalance, buggy mess and the game design team from Mass Effect 3 should not be let anywhere near the first. Just no.

But hey, Mass Effect 2 gameplay? Now we'd be talking.

chimpzy:
It's hard to describe what I envision a perfect GiTS game to be, but I suppose the lovechild born from an orgy of the best parts of Oni, Deus Ex and LA Noire would be a decent descriptor. Maybe add in something like the mindjacking mechanic from, well, Mindjack, but better implemented.

I'm not actually a big fan of Ghost in the Shell, but that sounds fantastic. I'd play that game in a hearbeat.

TheCaptain:
Also, I'd love a agent/stealth game set in the Mass Effect universe. Probably a Salarian STG thing. As close as possible to Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, since that was the best Splinter Cell.

I'm reluctant to see anything come out of the Mass Effect franchise, but I must admit that the idea is, at the very least, intriguing. DId you ever play SW:TOR's Imperial Agent class story line? As far as narrative goes (even if SW;TOR's ridiculous MMO/Singplayer RPG hybrid ruined it's pacing) it was fantastic. Conspiracies and some fantastic plot twists with a reasonably satisfying conclusion. Gives me hope that Bioware has the chops for that kind of story.

keiji_Maeda:

Cry Wolf:
IIRC; that was Obsidian. Infact, it wasn't even published by Bethesda. Rather, it was Sega. I do, however, agree that a Spy RPG has fantastic potential. Not sure Obsidian has the chops for it though.

Ah right you are, i'm inclined to agree, obsidan has probed in the past that they're highly reluctant to put money into something that isn't likely to generate a good amount of revenue. Which makes them a company all in all .

Eh, my reservation was less in why they select there IPs but the strengths and weaknesses of their recent products. They haven't proven that they are capable of the quality in writing to support such an endeavour and that, combined with their reputation for poor game play, has me worried. Fallout: New Vegas was great, and had dcent writing all-in-all but it lacked the cohesion and focus required for a Spy RPG to really come together. Funnily enough, as I mentioned above, the person or team who worked on the Imperial Agent plot in SW;TOR might actually have what it takes.

Well since I've played a few games on the WiiU now...
The next Zelda game
The next Xenoblade game
The next StarFox game
The next Tales of Symphonia game
The next Darksiders game
The next Metroid game
The next Smash Bros game

and...

Warcraft IV

Cry Wolf:

guitarsniper:

I'm reluctant to see anything come out of the Mass Effect franchise, but I must admit that the idea is, at the very least, intriguing. DId you ever play SW:TOR's Imperial Agent class story line? As far as narrative goes (even if SW;TOR's ridiculous MMO/Singplayer RPG hybrid ruined it's pacing) it was fantastic. Conspiracies and some fantastic plot twists with a reasonably satisfying conclusion. Gives me hope that Bioware has the chops for that kind of story.

Just finished Chapter 2, actually. And loved it. I'm positive Bioware could pull it off - they've always been good at story, bar that one wee slipup we don't talk about anymore...

TheCaptain:

Cry Wolf:

guitarsniper:

Just finished Chapter 2, actually. And loved it. I'm positive Bioware could pull it off - they've always been good at story, bar that one wee slipup we don't talk about anymore...

Play the other SW;TOR story lines, and you'll realise it was more than once. That said, there's still some quality writers working at Bioware and I'd love to see them produce more content.

another top down fallout game like 1 & 2, or if that fails more obsidian fallout games.

Bethesda is awful, cant make a good fallout game no matter what.

MissP:
Still waiting on a Pokemon MMO. Come on now, Nintendo.

Also, I'd really like a game that lets you play as a dragon or some other cool beasty, and actually does it right.
I know a few have attempted it, but in my experience it always ends up feeling like playing a re-skinned human or
just being plain awkward to control. The original Spyro trilogy may have been the closest to getting it right.

say have you ever played divinity 2? you mostly play as a human but you do have the ability to play as a dragon there.

felbot:

say have you ever played divinity 2? you mostly play as a human but you do have the ability to play as a dragon there.

You know I actually picked that one up during a Steam sale a while back, but I haven't gotten around to playing yet. I'll have to move it to the front of my queue.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked