Ragequits and you

Pages PREV 1 2 3

The Wykydtron:
It's hard to learn fighting games.

You aren't kidding...

I think I take the prize for most beautiful rage quit in at least my area. Street Fighter 4 was my first ever fighter (I now know that's like giving a toddler a fixie bike and taking him up a mountain to learn how to ride it) I'd bought if for 6 and was excited to play it. On my third session with it I still couldn't do and any special moves and this fat fuck kept using a super to kill me. I got so angry I took out the disk bit into it with my teeth shattering it, then my mouth still dripping bits of disk I proceeded to smash the case until it exploded into little green bits of plastic.

It's a shame I binned the remains actually I did an impressive job on it. So yup I'm an angry lad... I have since bought SS4 again and learnt how to pull off a few wins as Guile, thanks to some tutoring from a friend.

E Honda is the fat fuck and I am the indistinguishable mess.

So I'm playing Player Matches in Tekken Tag 2. I run across this guy who just...not very good. Oh fuck it. I mopped the floor with him for the first two rounds (my team is Kunimitsu and Alisa for those wondering while he was playing as Paul and someone else)! Then for the third round, he obviously ragequits. I decided to message him one little word: "COWARD."

He replied saying something along the lines of "STFU! This is my first time playing, blah blah blah grumpy grumpy grumpy."

I responded "What's the point of buying a game if you're not even gonna play it? There are poor kids in Africa who wish they could afford games like these!"

Unfortunately this guy apparently had a good Troll Radar and didn't respond.

I play Blazblue. I main Hakumen. Hakumen has Zanshin (counters opponents attacks if they hit Hakus barrier). Zanshin does decent damage and leads into decent combos.

I have won plenty of matches by doing nothing BUT zanshin against easy players, stylish mode noobs, and even a few good players for the lolz. Wanna know how a good bunch of those matches might end?

With a big ol'rage quit because there is nothing more infuriating than an opponent who is essentially a brick wall that can punch you back.

Boy I do love using Hakumen... >:)

The only time I ever rage quit is if the fight was a laggy as fuck mess and that is less a rage quit and more me just giving up halfway through the slideshow that is the fight. Only real rage quitting I've done at all really is against people who abuse pink throws, because that scrubby shit is not something that should be rewarded with a win.

The Wykydtron:

KaosuHamoni:

The Wykydtron:
Snippity snippity snip.

Sorry, but there is nothing more SWAG than Hakumen's Astral. It's like the ultimate putdown bitchslap for being a total fucking idiot.

OT: Yeah, no, I don't really ragequit. over 2000 games of LoL has somewhat conditioned my mind to the point where I can put up with most.

Except for Teemo. Fuck that shit.

Oh you want SWAG!? You want SWAG?!

Nobody outswags Makoto. Nobody.

Yu Narukami would like a word.

Makoto my ass... _

I have two, but they weren't really a comparative environment. One was when I was playing minecraft by myself, and I swear 50 creepers spawned within 100 blocks of my house. 20 minutes later it looked like I had gotten carpet bombed, so I called it a day
The next I was playing Dawn of War: Dark Crusade with a friend and 6 computers. He was attacking me the whole game so eventually I got fed up and retaliated. I fought all the way back to his HQ, and was in the process of destroying his Mars Pattern Command (building that makes a big-ass tank) when I get request for him to switch to my team. I thought it was a fun game and that we would beat the computers, but I was wrong. While I was killing the computers closest to me, he fills his vehicle and infantry cap, puts them in the middle of my base, and switches teams. Quit because I was more angry at the betrayal than losing (guess thats what I get for letting down my guard)

My worst Rage quit ever? Minecraft. Seriously. Sometimes you just get the worst luck, in the worst places, at the worst possible time. I never rage, otherwise, except with Borderlands 1 and 2 (but that never goes beyond a "Fuck, Frogger, Frick, Forage or just a glorious middle finger to the screen), it wasn't nearly as bad as the day of the Minecraft rage. Funny thing is, since I got better at the game, that is, more efficient, I realise that it was all over very little.

Let's just say, there was a couple of cardboard boxes behind me (I can't remember why), and they suffered greatly. Then i went and petted my cat and sat down with her for a while. then I had a lie down. I know, melodramatic as fuck. I was alone in the house, by the way, otherwise it prob'ly wouldn't have even happened.

Smeatza:
Lozking mined some iron ore.
Lozking mined some diamond ore.
Lozking was killed by a cave spider.
Lozking has left the game.

This man about sums it up.

But yeah, in most games, and in competitive gaming situations, I don't tend to rage, the only time I remember getting angry in a competitive game is when I got kicked from KF for "living". Some admins are just...not very good at their jobs. My crime was I said "Close one!" when he got ambushed by 3 sirens and survived. I was really steaming for a while after that.

I listened to this Scottish guy totally FREAK OUT over essentially nothing in Left 4 Dead 2, once. Seriously. I've never heard a guy scream that way over what was essentially just the game. He seemed friendly enough, when he was calm, though. Guess he was just the kind of person you have to keep on the good side of.

Actually, after reading a few other posts, I do quit, but not in a rage. Usually because I'm bored or just like "Well this isn't fun."

KaosuHamoni:

The Wykydtron:

KaosuHamoni:

Sorry, but there is nothing more SWAG than Hakumen's Astral. It's like the ultimate putdown bitchslap for being a total fucking idiot.

OT: Yeah, no, I don't really ragequit. over 2000 games of LoL has somewhat conditioned my mind to the point where I can put up with most.

Except for Teemo. Fuck that shit.

Makoto my ass... _

FAWK?! WHEN THE HELL DID THE ENGLISH DUB FOR THE PERSONA 4 ANIME COME OUT?! WHY WAS I NOT TOLD?!

BRB going on an anime marathon.

As a reward for revealing this fact to me, I will not press charges against you for attempting to outswag Makoto.

I don't speak or type during games and people who try to smack talk have no effect on me at all. I actually find people who do smack talk people less skilled players than themselves just purely for the fact they are better pretty sad and immature, people I might add normally QQ soon someone starts beating them.

rob_simple:

JemothSkarii:

rob_simple:
Snip

You're gonna HATE me for this:

I did that whole thing solo on Hard. I enjoyed that game solo, along with RE:ORC...I think I'm a glutton for punishment.

I managed to do the rest of the game without too much trouble, but you've gotta admit that Lost Planet 2's AI was absolutely useless; you couldn't rely on the team to do anything but absorb bullets.

I guess it just really annoyed me because I liked the first game a lot and turning it into a forced multiplayer affair seemed to completely break parts of the single player; the game would have been much better as a solo game with specifically programmed AI partners for the giant boss fights.

Oh, I agree the A.I was dumb as dog shit. But as much as I enjoyed the first game there was just something so great for me to do with the second one. An A.I made for the Red Eye would have been great (Train Cannon was one of my favorite pieces of the game...too bad hijacking it is an unbelievable pain in the ass) as well as the level in the first chapter where you have to have 4 data posts running for...5 minutes? But yeah...that.

I also tried playing Operation Raccoon City solo on Professional...never again...

A couple of times when playing Football Manager. One time, I'd had a brilliant season managing West Ham and got to the final game of the season in 1st place (dem free transfers), 2 points clear of the competition. Arsenal.

Problem is, I had Arsenal away last game. I really didn't want to lose out at the death (normally I'm fair, I've taken defeat in a few finals before but this I wanted to win), so I ended up resetting about 15 times until I won.

Other time was when I was playing Dortmund in the Champions League. They injured all four of my defenders. I tried to soldier on but got massacred the next game and decided that as that was ridiculous (they were all out for 4 weeks to a couple of months) I was well justified in quitting.

Basically my rule for that game is try not to quit, but in the case of extreme bullshit I won't judge myself too harshly.

I rage quit when the game bugs out and I lose a ton of progress, that frustrates me to no end.

I don't know about any other LoL players but sometimes you can tell that you've lost a match in the first minute of the game. This happened to me quite recently when I was playing Ezreal and had Lux as "support." Keep in mind that this was ranked and not actually in ELO hell (Silver II so not good but not at the bottom).

I could tell that we were going to lose as soon as I saw what my "support" had bought as their first item. A fucking Doran's Ring. For those of you who don't know, support NEEDS to buy wards or you are going to lose the lane. If their jungler is even remotely competent, all they have to do is look at everyone's inventory at the start and see who doesn't have wards. You can bet they are going to gank your lane if they know that you won't have any warning of them coming. This basically means that either you sit back extremely far and miss a lot of CS while hoping that your enemies push the lane so you can farm under tower or you get camped and die many times.

I sat back and farmed with my Q which would normally work out pretty well since Ezreal is one of the safest farmers but unfortunately my "support" didn't stop at not buying wards, she pushed the lane by doing her best to farm with all of her AOE abilities. So not only do we not have wards, we are pushed and my "support" is deliberately taking my CS. Naturally, Lux was ganked and killed. I escaped because of my E and because I was already back a lot farther than Lux. Lux came back and we were immediately ganked again. I once again escaped but Lux was once again killed (by their ADC both times btw).

So now I am in lane dealing with the worst support I have ever had and an enemy ADC who is 30 CS ahead of me with 2 kills. I decide that maybe we can come back if one of the other lanes does well. Our top lane was even with their enemy and our middle lane was only a little bit behind in CS with their enemy. Unfortunately, the enemy mid was Akali. She noticed that our lane was failing so she decided to come down and join in on the fun. I saw her coming because I had bought wards since Lux showed no sign of ever fulfilling her role. I pinged Akali and safely escaped but Lux in all of her wisdom decided to fight a 3v1. Of course she died and gave the kill to Akali.

For those of you who do not know, Akali is quite possibly the biggest snowballer in LoL. If she gets even one kill, she you use this to become a completely out of control monster. This is why she is currently so dominant in SoloQue. So, now we are dealing with a fed Akali and a fed bot lane and a feeding Lux. There are still 12 minutes left before we can surrender and our top lane has just left because he sees how futile our situation has become leaving us at in a 4v5.

I didn't want to waste 12 minutes of my time being stomped on so I left and that ladies and gentlemen is my most recent rage quit. Probably the first one in a long time. I did type GG WP to my enemies before I left. I'm assuming that I wasn't reported very much or at all since I have yet to receive a message from leaver busters.

LoL can be extremely fun but it can also be incredibly frustrating.

I rarely ragequit, but when I do, I'm playing CoD or Uncharted 3 multiplayer. I've since given up on both. (Unless a buddy comes over and we just want to have some shits and giggles in Black Ops 2's gun-game with only knifing. Yeah, I'm that guy.)

My most recent example of ragequitting is fighting

for the first time on 1999 mode. God DAMN that was infuriating. Because when you die, she gets full health. And with all of those little zombie dudes she keeps summoning, it becomes god damn impossible to even land a few hits on her.

But then I saw a neat little trick on Youtube where you set all of your gear to melee focused items and only use charge. It was such an OP set-up, but it worked. ^-^

I don't ragequit unless there's input lag and it only seems to be affecting me and not the other person. Fortunately those moments are few and far between; I think the last time I openly ragequit was back when SCIV was still the rage.

So... let's see

Funniest Ragequit(s): I can't tell you haw many times people have ragequit on me in MK at the character select screen. Reasoning? I play Tomas "Smoke" Vrbada.

Most WTF Ragequit: This one happened in Blazblue: Calamity Trigger. I pretty much pounded on this poor schmuck with Jin, and while Jin was in his win pose, the other player ragequit. Yes, you read that correctly: during my character's win pose.

Honorable Mention(s): This one happened in a ranked match in SF4 ("vanilla," not Super or AE) with me using Sagat versus a Sakura player. I got lucky and managed to land a Tiger Knee (the move, not the input technique) and canceled into Sagat's Tiger Genocide super. Before the last hit actually landed - and would've won me the match - the only player ragequit.

I have no respect for ragequitters, but I take hate-mail with glee. It let's me know that I'm doing something right. :D

Good times.

The Wykydtron:

ThingWhatSqueaks:
Ah ragequitting, a topic near and dear to my own heart. I have many, many thoughts on this issue. Mostly related how to fuck over those who ragequit as much as possible. First some brief thoughts:

1) I don't really think it's ragequitting if it's a single player game. Sure there may be rage and you're definitely quitting but in all likelihood you're quitting at a point that is possible to come back to, i.e. a really obnoxious boss fight. There isn't, unless you're say the controller tossing type, any real harm to be done here.

2) If you ragequit in a fighting game and there weren't any issues during the match (i.e. the connection was fine; if there where issues during the match then for the love of god disconnect when they occur not when you're about to lose because of them) you're a bitch. Take your loss. If you don't want to see people taunting you then get better at the game or stop playing it.

You have no idea how annoyed that statement makes me. People don't just randomly GET BETTER at a fighting game just like that. It takes some real effort and time to even learn the basics, let alone learn to deal with someone who knows what they're doing, never mind dealing with the horde of swag combos and crazy set ups online. I absolutely understand how frustrating it is when you're vs someone who is legitimately 50 times better than you. Then he decides to be a twat about it and taunt you for fuck all reason.

So basically, what I take away from that statement is "be good at this game or you can fuck off." Joy. Heaven forbid I play a fighting game because I enjoy simply playing it regardless of how much I win. That would be crazy. L2P scrub.

No people don't get better randomly they get better at a fighting games through practice. Something that I suspect, from the nature of your complaints, that you're not doing enough of. Hell, it's what you should be doing for 99% of the time that you're actually playing the game. I know in UMvC3 that I don't take a team online or to a gathering until I have hours and hours under my belt with that team. It could even be a team that's comprised entirely of characters that I'm familiar with but if this is some new configuration then it's time for more cowbell...er...training room. That person who's doing those crazy swag combos and has all those setups has probably put a hell of a lot more time into the game than you have. It might not be as physically taxing but actually getting good at fighting games requires every bit the dedication and training as an actual sport. Also you know what, they could be the biggest swinging dick on the planet but if I played someone who was legitimately 50x better than me at SFIV or UMvC3 I wouldn't care if they styled on me or taunted after every round or character kill because I'd be focused on trying to learn even one iota of what they where doing that was making them effective so that I might apply it to someone else later. Here's a more expanded phrasing of what I said above: get better at the game or shut up about losing and that there's no excuse for ragequitting.

I don't rage quit. Period. I think it's a dick move, if your opponent is better than you, let them get the win properly, don't just quit and waste everyone's time.

This is especially infuriating in fighting games, since I have to work DAMN hard to get a win there, and when I finally get one, a rage quit grinds my gears to dust.

But, I can think of one genuinely funny story involving a rage quit. It was in Left 4 Dead 2, and a guy rage-quitted me. No, I don't mean he rage quit ON me, I mean he rage-quitted ME. Allow me to explain:

So, we were on the final stage of a run, on the rooftop level, and everyone was in the chopper but me. I was running as fast as I could to the chopper, but I was getting swarmed by zombies. It looked like I was going to make it... but then one of the guys in the chopper used a sniper rifle and shot me in the head. That's right, he was sick of waiting for me, so he just shot me in the head to finish the level.

I should have been mad... but I found it hilarious.

I once quit Etrian Odyssey 4 in fury. I was at the Boiling Lizard and I was basically a few hits from victory. I was underleveled and it had been a long, exhausting fight. It spawns two flame scales. Archer takes one out with the Ice Spike, Nightseeker uses hers and...It's dodged? An inanimate object dodged? And naturally, I set my guys to attack because why would I expect an inanimate object to dodge? Everyone but the Dancer died that round, and I swear to you I howled in rage and turned off the 3DS.

I've never rage quit in a multiplayer setting. I've dropped shitty PuGs in MMOs but that doesn't count I don't think. I've had people ragequit on me in fighters though, because losing to my Gen in SF4 is like losing a game of chess to a brick. In 3rd Strike, I had a ragequit because I play Makoto and Oro, one of which steamrolls you with stun combos and relentless mix-ups, and the other I must imagine is just annoying as hell to play. I think I had a rage quit in Skullgirls because I was about to get a reverse OCV with Parasoul, but I'm not sure. And in the early days of MvC, I caused one guy to freak right the fuck out because his team Cool Man (Wolvie/Dante/Akuma) couldn't deal with my zoning team (Deadpool/Ammy/Arthur).

My earliest memory of me rage quitting was back around 11 years ago when I went to a internet cafe decided to play Clive Barker's Undying.

So I decided to check it out. I remember reaching the point where you were looking at a painting and a ghost came out. That thing scared me so much that I took off my headphones and said "Screw this game!", left it and ran out of the cafe. I haven't replayed it since. Guess it pretty much scarred me a little.

I don't enjoy horror games or movies all that much. I enjoy the usual slasher ones like Friday the 13th or Resident Evil, Dead Space, but anything that scares you or tries to screw with your mind I tend to not touch. There are a few exceptions however, but I wouldn't touch games like Amnesia or Slender.

That could count as a rage quit I guess. Other than that, I can't say that I've had many that I can recall, usually just keep going at it until I beat the obstacle that I'm faced with, one way or another.

I tend to rage quit on online multiplayer when I play by myself, but not so much when I'm playing with friends. For single player, I have to be absolutely enraged to the point where I'm seeing red. One that stands out is that "stealth" mission in Far Cry 3 where you're not allowed to kill anyone, you have to sneak around undetected, and the rock throwing mechanic decides not to work. That took me close to 2 hours with many rage quits in between. More recently, it's occurred during a part in Bioshock Infinite where you have to protect an object from wave after wave of enemies. This type of mission is one that I absolutely hate in any game, so to mar such a great experience like this was an even harder kick in the teeth than that type of mission usually is.

ThingWhatSqueaks:

The Wykydtron:

ThingWhatSqueaks:
Ah ragequitting, a topic near and dear to my own heart. I have many, many thoughts on this issue. Mostly related how to fuck over those who ragequit as much as possible. First some brief thoughts:

1) I don't really think it's ragequitting if it's a single player game. Sure there may be rage and you're definitely quitting but in all likelihood you're quitting at a point that is possible to come back to, i.e. a really obnoxious boss fight. There isn't, unless you're say the controller tossing type, any real harm to be done here.

2) If you ragequit in a fighting game and there weren't any issues during the match (i.e. the connection was fine; if there where issues during the match then for the love of god disconnect when they occur not when you're about to lose because of them) you're a bitch. Take your loss. If you don't want to see people taunting you then get better at the game or stop playing it.

You have no idea how annoyed that statement makes me. People don't just randomly GET BETTER at a fighting game just like that. It takes some real effort and time to even learn the basics, let alone learn to deal with someone who knows what they're doing, never mind dealing with the horde of swag combos and crazy set ups online. I absolutely understand how frustrating it is when you're vs someone who is legitimately 50 times better than you. Then he decides to be a twat about it and taunt you for fuck all reason.

So basically, what I take away from that statement is "be good at this game or you can fuck off." Joy. Heaven forbid I play a fighting game because I enjoy simply playing it regardless of how much I win. That would be crazy. L2P scrub.

No people don't get better randomly they get better at a fighting games through practice. Something that I suspect, from the nature of your complaints, that you're not doing enough of. Hell, it's what you should be doing for 99% of the time that you're actually playing the game. I know in UMvC3 that I don't take a team online or to a gathering until I have hours and hours under my belt with that team. It could even be a team that's comprised entirely of characters that I'm familiar with but if this is some new configuration then it's time for more cowbell...er...training room. That person who's doing those crazy swag combos and has all those setups has probably put a hell of a lot more time into the game than you have. It might not be as physically taxing but actually getting good at fighting games requires every bit the dedication and training as an actual sport. Also you know what, they could be the biggest swinging dick on the planet but if I played someone who was legitimately 50x better than me at SFIV or UMvC3 I wouldn't care if they styled on me or taunted after every round or character kill because I'd be focused on trying to learn even one iota of what they where doing that was making them effective so that I might apply it to someone else later. Here's a more expanded phrasing of what I said above: get better at the game or shut up about losing and that there's no excuse for ragequitting.

Him putting time into the game = license to go full Dick Mode? Sorry but I can never accept that. Have as much swag as you want, I don't mind how badly you style the shit out of me. Why does having swag excuse them from behaving like, I don't know, decent human beings? Anyway I said I only quit vs taunting DW's. Because it's so hard to make a Wesker comeback. I mean he has to press buttons :O

I wonder why I have never once quit a BlazBlue match apart from one or two internet drops. Oh right, because it's fun. I barely have a 10% win rate, if even that. My UMVC3 win rate only just dropped below positive after a year of playing the game because I was dicking around with several new teams for ages. You know a decent amount of people on XBL actually message me with fucking advice on how to improve in BB after a match? If that happened in UMVC3 I would have to see a doctor about my hallucinations.

My point is, not everyone plays specifically and absolutely to win. I just play because they are y'know, fun games?

I know the problem, UMVC3 is practically a full time Salt Dispenser. People have been fucked over by comebacks a few times so when they believe they shut one down they can't mash that taunt button fast enough. Like how I play Phoenix occasionally (up front, Jean Gray style not 5 bar destruction Dark Phoenix) and people just take that as an excuse to taunt just because Dark Phoenix comebacks exist. Personally I find Dark Phoenix to be an INCREDIBLE waste of 5 bars. If end up with Phoenix last with 5 bars, I prefer having 5 Phoenix Infernos on standby because it has great invincibility and damage AND it throws them the hell away from your squishy ass.

The Wykydtron:
Him putting time into the game = license to go full Dick Mode? Sorry but I can never accept that. Have as much swag as you want, I don't mind how badly you style the shit out of me. Why does having swag excuse them from behaving like, I don't know, decent human beings? Anyway I said I only quit vs taunting DW's. Because it's so hard to make a Wesker comeback. I mean he has to press buttons :O

No being better is not a license to be a dick. But neither is getting taunted a license to quit. Also Dark Wesker?!? *sigh* Firstly that's not a particularly optimal strategy for them to be employing. Secondly if you're, for some reason, still having an issue with it why complain about it? Look for a solution. Pick an anchor that matches up well against him. Develop a set-up that catches when he comes in so that the opponent doesn't get to play at all. Hell, the game even has a mechanic built in for this specific situation in the Snap-back. The fact that you're complaining about a problem rather than trying to solve it and then using that problem as justification for an incredibly immature response to taunting is just sad to me.

I wonder why I have never once quit a BlazBlue match apart from one or two internet drops. Oh right, because it's fun. I barely have a 10% win rate, if even that. My UMVC3 win rate only just dropped below positive after a year of playing the game because I was dicking around with several new teams for ages. You know a decent amount of people on XBL actually message me with fucking advice on how to improve in BB after a match? If that happened in UMVC3 I would have to see a doctor about my hallucinations.

I'm going to guess that you've never quit a BlazBlue match because that game locks out a players controls the second a round ends which means that there's no post match taunting or t-bagging.

My point is, not everyone plays specifically and absolutely to win. I just play because they are y'know, fun games?

That's fine. Just don't try to justify ragequitting.

I know the problem, UMVC3 is practically a full time Salt Dispenser. People have been fucked over by comebacks a few times so when they believe they shut one down they can't mash that taunt button fast enough. Like how I play Phoenix occasionally (up front, Jean Gray style not 5 bar destruction Dark Phoenix) and people just take that as an excuse to taunt just because Dark Phoenix comebacks exist. Personally I find Dark Phoenix to be an INCREDIBLE waste of 5 bars. If end up with Phoenix last with 5 bars, I prefer having 5 Phoenix Infernos on standby because it has great invincibility and damage AND it throws them the hell away from your squishy ass.

Depending on the range if you're not getting killed for throwing out a Phoenix Rage to create space then I cringe at the quality of people you're playing. It should probably be more like one Phoenix Rage and then a dead Phoenix.

ThingWhatSqueaks:

The Wykydtron:

No being better is not a license to be a dick. But neither is getting taunted a license to quit. Also Dark Wesker?!? *sigh* Firstly that's not a particularly optimal strategy for them to be employing. Secondly if you're, for some reason, still having an issue with it why complain about it? Look for a solution. Pick an anchor that matches up well against him. Develop a set-up that catches when he comes in so that the opponent doesn't get to play at all. Hell, the game even has a mechanic built in for this specific situation in the Snap-back. The fact that you're complaining about a problem rather than trying to solve it and then using that problem as justification for an incredibly immature response to taunting is just sad to me.

I'm going to guess that you've never quit a BlazBlue match because that game locks out a players controls the second a round ends which means that there's no post match taunting or t-bagging.

That's fine. Just don't try to justify ragequitting.

Depending on the range if you're not getting killed for throwing out a Phoenix Rage to create space then I cringe at the quality of people you're playing. It should probably be more like one Phoenix Rage and then a dead Phoenix.

Give me some credit please. I'm not going to randomly throw Phoenix Inferno at people. It's just got full invincibility on start up so it's REALLY good at punishing any random beam supers or what have you. Beam supers are just so good at chipping her to death. I'm not THAT bad.

I'm pretty sure my adamant character loyalty has some thing to do with it. I'm not going to change my anchor just on the off chance the randomer of the day uses Wesker. I've been playing Phoenix Wright since launch and X-23 for almost as long and i'll be damned if i'm ever going to stop. I don't have a solid third character I like yet though. I could keep with Vergil but he got boring, my Dante is either terrible or half decent depending on my mood and Morrigan doesn't have the best damage even when I can do her half fancy relaunch combo with two supers.

I guess my limit is that I don't believe in making the swaggiest team possible. I only care about how much I like the characters themselves, regardless of the fuck all synergy.

And hey if the guy is immature enough to taunt me, i'm mature enough to know that acting a little immature myself is perfectly fine occasionally :3

Phoenix Wright WRECKS Dark Phoenix by the way.

"DARK PHOENIX R-"

"The one who actually committed the crime... IS YOU!"

Fucking funny

Oh and yes, the fact that BB has a sensible round ending system does help. It should be mandatory in every fighting game ever. It doesn't force you into this little 6 second window where the game literally pastes "YOU SUCK" on your screen. BB is just more fluid in general.

The Wykydtron:
Give me some credit please. I'm not going to randomly throw Phoenix Inferno at people. It's just got full invincibility on start up so it's REALLY good at punishing any random beam supers or what have you. Beam supers are just so good at chipping her to death. I'm not THAT bad.

"DARK PHOENIX R-"

Fucking funny

Content has been rearranged to make my reply make more sense. If you're beating someone who's got Dark Phoenix up and running with Turnabout mode Phoenix Wright, a character on the short list for worst character in the game, then I'm sorry but I'm going to have to stand by my statement of cringing at the quality of your opposition.

I'm pretty sure my adamant character loyalty has some thing to do with it. I'm not going to change my anchor just on the off chance the randomer of the day uses Wesker. I've been playing Phoenix Wright since launch and X-23 for almost as long and i'll be damned if i'm ever going to stop. I don't have a solid third character I like yet though. I could keep with Vergil but he got boring, my Dante is either terrible or half decent depending on my mood and Morrigan doesn't have the best damage even when I can do her half fancy relaunch combo with two supers.

I guess my limit is that I don't believe in making the swaggiest team possible. I only care about how much I like the characters themselves, regardless of the fuck all synergy.

The funny thing is that I'm also going to stand by the statement of you whining about other players rather than looking for a solution. You want a solution to anchor Wesker? Well since you play X-23 and Dante activate Dirt Nap when he's coming in, call Dante (set on Jam Session), hit Wesker with unblockable and inescapable attack, OTG with whatever the hell X-23's move is that does that, pop X-Factor then go nuts. Easy peasy. Not worth bitching about. Not worth quitting over.

Oh and yes, the fact that BB has a sensible round ending system does help. It should be mandatory in every fighting game ever. It doesn't force you into this little 6 second window where the game literally pastes "YOU SUCK" on your screen. BB is just more fluid in general.

Sort of. While I agree that Capcom made some fucking atrocious design decisions in UMvC3 (why does the game save 3 times after every ranked match?) I can't agree that BB is a more fluid game and I've played a lot of BlazBlue. Funnily enough I actually dislike the UMvC3 post-match song and dance because it, in addition to aforementioned save issues, gives my opponents a phenomenally long window to pull the plug.

And hey if the guy is immature enough to taunt me, i'm mature enough to know that acting a little immature myself is perfectly fine occasionally :3

And you're still trying to justify quitting.

I rarely play online games in with either the skill or way that it would cause ragequits nor do I myself get fustrated over games that easily, but there is this one moment that I remember from Dark Souls (PC.)

I was playing with my friend in the Forest Hunter Covenant area. We had both betrayed them so that we could do some PvP together (We fought our opponents 1VS1 as long as the otherone didn't try to attack the one staying in the back) and we were doing pretty fine and having a great time.
Then suddenly a person in full Artorias armour invaded us, my friend had the turn to fight (He is the better one from us,) he gets backstab, but fails to kill the invader wich we think is rather odd considering that he only lost a very small portion of his health, but we let it slide. My friend dies of single backstab at witch point I attack the invader. I get curbstomped in a same manner as my friend. We both laugh it off just saying "Dear god what went bad."

My friend joins my game again and again this same person invades us, so we decide to fight together against him this time. Didn't help.
So in the end this happened several times in a row at wich one point we just had lost all enjoyement for that night and quit playing.
Later I ofcourse found out that he was a hacker and had all his stats were at 99 wich kinda explains why he could oneshot us and we only took a sliver of his health with backstabs.

Even that wasen't a proper ragequit rather than just losing the fun in playing the game...

I usually don't rage-quit because I thoroughly enjoy super challenging games. The more it kicks my ass the more I enjoy my eventual triumph over it.

But I will rage like crazy at games that defines "challenging" as "intentionally breaking the game to make it harder for you." COD: World at War is a great example of this. On Veteren mode the baddies do nothing but throw grenades. A lot of grenades. Like, thirty grenades at at time in some instances. Not very much fun. One level had me yelling a number of unkind things at the TV for awhile before finally storming off.

The most recent one was Halo 4's Legendary difficulty. The Prometheans are pretty boring to fight in any situation, but give them a stupidly powerful shield that recharges if you stop shooting them for two seconds and they become an absolute chore. The last level of that game is severely lacking in checkpoints, and nearly every Promethean has an insta-kill weapon. Very boring, very cheap, lots of rage on my part.

ThingWhatSqueaks:

The Wykydtron:

"DARK PHOENIX R-"

Fucking funny

Content has been rearranged to make my reply make more sense. If you're beating someone who's got Dark Phoenix up and running with Turnabout mode Phoenix Wright, a character on the short list for worst character in the game, then I'm sorry but I'm going to have to stand by my statement of cringing at the quality of your opposition.

The funny thing is that I'm also going to stand by the statement of you whining about other players rather than looking for a solution. You want a solution to anchor Wesker? Well since you play X-23 and Dante activate Dirt Nap when he's coming in, call Dante (set on Jam Session), hit Wesker with unblockable and inescapable attack, OTG with whatever the hell X-23's move is that does that, pop X-Factor then go nuts. Easy peasy. Not worth bitching about. Not worth quitting over.

Sort of. While I agree that Capcom made some fucking atrocious design decisions in UMvC3 (why does the game save 3 times after every ranked match?) I can't agree that BB is a more fluid game and I've played a lot of BlazBlue. Funnily enough I actually dislike the UMvC3 post-match song and dance because it, in addition to aforementioned save issues, gives my opponents a phenomenally long window to pull the plug.

And you're still trying to justify quitting.

And there you go judging me because I play PW. Fucking fantastic.

You know, everyone's general "lol trash" opinion of PW is pretty accurate of his character in his games. Nobody ever takes the random defense attorney seriously. Not until it's too late... He has SO MANY little unique, cool things about him.

You needs this. Nao.

Sure this guy is the best PW in the world. Epic.

As for Dark Phoenix... Dude. She's pressing buttons. That's damn suicide against Turnabout Wright. Not that anyone plays against him enough to know this.

Fun Fact: Ace Attorney is an omnidirectional, fullscreen, zero frame activation hyper that does over 1 million damage on its own with lvl 3 X-Factor. If i'm on the ground, she is screwed regardless how dark she is.

Fuck it, i ain't even gonna try to justify quitting for you. I'm bad at this game at the moment, sue me. My third character slot is still annoyingly open and really fucks me up.

I used to rage quit, then I realized I would never get better at games if I was powered by rage so I learned to stop. (Except for when I play UMVC3 online, damn that community and its Albert Weskers...)
But witnessing rage quits and being in their crosshairs... let me tell yah, that is fun.

-Dark Souls: I was invading low levels in Anor Londo as a Dante cosplay character. Of course I had to stay in character, so I gestured a not so nice gesture after every target I destroyed. (what can I say, game is centered around griefing and trolling people, I was in the mood for some fun hate mail anyways :3 ) It seemed Dark Souls psn net code was in the mood to let me invade this one poor soul over and over again. Eventually after the 6th win, (no really... 6 invasions on the same player, guy seriously could not stay offline), he disconnected, sent me some pretty vulgar messages, 12 messages in fact.

I replied with one message: "Jackpot!" Then I proceeded to block him to avoid my messages from filling up. Praise the Sun.

-Red Dead Redemption: Me and my cousin were playing our usual red dead online free roam, talkin to other players, killing horses, and other shenanigans. Some one activated Land Grab in our vicinity and instead of playing to win we just acted like idiots, it was sensible at the time. Then this one guy over the mic went off on us (He was mad bro) about how we were camping, noobz, calling homosexuals, you know the usual. Of course we didn't care, we were to busy talking about how sweet it would be if Red Dead had jetpacks. But man this guy really wanted to get our attention, for a good 10 minutes he was insulting us. Eventually other players caught on and told him off for taking the game too seriously, eventually he left the game. Our entire lobby laughed at his stupidity, some of the other players even told us about how they spammed him with hate mail. Teehee

The old west sure is full of crazies.

The Wykydtron:

KaosuHamoni:

The Wykydtron:

Makoto my ass... _

FAWK?! WHEN THE HELL DID THE ENGLISH DUB FOR THE PERSONA 4 ANIME COME OUT?! WHY WAS I NOT TOLD?!

BRB going on an anime marathon.

As a reward for revealing this fact to me, I will not press charges against you for attempting to outswag Makoto.

OT: Ah yes, Yu Narukami. AKA Persona 4's Pro"SWAG"onist.

The Wykydtron:
And there you go judging me because I play PW. Fucking fantastic.

You know, everyone's general "lol trash" opinion of PW is pretty accurate of his character in his games. Nobody ever takes the random defense attorney seriously. Not until it's too late... He has SO MANY little unique, cool things about him.

Actually I was judging the quality of people you where playing. Also you're going fanboy in defense of the character. He really isn't especially good in this game. Other characters can do more than him for less ________ (effort, meter, whatever). At least once Frank West is leveled he stays leveled and has, for example, actual mix-ups. Phoenix Wright does not. Hell, if she's really worried about Ace Attorney all she needs to do is nothing. Wait out Turnabout mode and the match goes from essentially over to actually over. She can also go for stuff that has less than 10 frames of start-up and recovery (which if she's Dark is a lot of stuff; even more if she's also running on the X-Factor) as Ace Attorney isn't technically zero frames it's 10 + 0 which means that there are 10 frames of start-up before the super flash and then 0 afterwards. I'm not saying it's unwinnable but I wouldn't count on catching a good Phoenix player with it more than once.

Fuck it, i ain't even gonna try to justify quitting for you.

I'm glad you realize that there aren't any legitimate justifications for ragequitting.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked