Each amiibo will only be available to purchase “at a random time” within a specific half-hour window.
Well this is new. In order to combat the ludicrous scarcity a combination of small stocks and rabid fans have created for Nintendo’s amiibo, Amazon has just announced a bizarre new “timed sale” strategy for the forth wave of collectible NFC toys. Essentially, each of the new wave 4 amibos, including the new Splatoon amiibos, will only be available to purchase “at a random time” within a specific half-hour window. You’ll also only be limited to a single amiibo per Amazon account. The times for each amiibo are as follows:
- Pac-Man: 2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. PT
- Charizard: 2:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. PT
- Inkling Boy: 3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. PT
- Lucina: 3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. PT
- Wario: 4:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. PT
- Inkling Girl: 4:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. PT
- Silver Mario: 5:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. PT
- Robin: 5:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. PT
- Inkling Boy, Girl, and Squid 3-pack: 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. PT
“Quantities of the new characters are extremely limited,” Amazon warned customers, adding “we cannot guarantee that every customer who wants an amiibo will be able to purchase one when they become available on May 29th.”
So, if you’re looking to buy a specific wave 4 amiibo, you better set your alarm and get your F5 key all greased up.