Fable III will be headed to PCs after all – but if you want the fancy-shmancy Collector’s Edition, you’ll need to grab it for the Xbox 360.
A week ago, we wondered if Fable III would be heading to the PC. Today, we learned that the answer was “yep.”
According to publisher Microsoft, the PC version will be available at retail alongside the Xbox 360 edition, but if digital distribution is your thing, you’ll have to go through Games for Windows Live – no Steam, Direct2Drive, or Impulse for you!
Microsoft also announced that it would be making a special Collector’s Edition of Fable III, though it would only be for the Xbox 360 version of the game. The Collector’s Edition will be priced at $79.99 (£59.99), versus the standard $59.99 (£49.99) and $49.99 (£39.99) prices for the Xbox 360 and PC editions, respectively. If you feel like plunking down 80 smackers on the limited edition, you’ll get:
* A new quest: Uncover the mystery of the haunted forests of Silverpines and earn the legendary sword, Wolfsbane, deadly against wolves and balverines.
* Exclusive location: Unlock a new region, ideal for settling down with a family and discovering new treasures.
* Fable III playing cards: Created by Lionhead, these cards depict every type of character in Fable III, including Heroes, royals, rebels and villains from across Albion and beyond.
* Guild Seal Coin: The coin features a Good side (blue) and Evil side (red) to assist players in making critical decisions that will impact the fate of the world forever.
* A new dog breed: Renowned for its loyalty, the Boxer is a brave canine companion worthy of greatest Queens and Kings.
* One unique outfit: Unearth one male and female outfit from the mysterious, faraway land of Aurora, a new destination in your Fable III adventures.
PC users may not get the special edition, but the very fact that the game is coming out for Windows makes it a step up from Fable II, which was an Xbox 360 exclusive. Now the only question is, how will the PC version handle the Natal elements?