Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse official trailer 2 #2 Miles Morales The Spot emotions action sacrifice Sony Pictures animated movie sequel 2099 Miguel O'Hara

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Trailer 2 Puts the Focus Back on Miles Morales

Alright, to be fair, every trailer for Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse puts the focus on Miles Morales, but official trailer 2 grounds us in the physical and emotional state of being Miles Morales (Shameik Moore), like the original movie did. This new trailer shows Miles trying to get along with his parents and keep his grades up while satisfying the demands of being “Brooklyn’s one and only Spider-Man,” but he also has to confront the villainy of the Spot, a guy who can make portals and whose body is full of portals. One can imagine he’ll end up playing a significant role in the ensuing multiverse shenanigans.

Recommended Videos

However, as the previous trailer suggested, Across the Spider-Verse official trailer 2 find a multiverse’s worth of Spider people chasing down Miles Morales Spider-Man because of a decision he’s made. It sounds like Miguel O’Hara (Oscar Isaac), Spider-Man 2099, is leading a group of people to save the multiverse by sacrificing one seemingly unspecified person’s life, but Miles Morales refuses to let that person die, which could jeopardize everything everywhere (all at once?). Spider-Gwen (Hailee Steinfeld) might be the only person still on Miles’ side.

That sounds kind of heavy, but the trailer is still filled with little visual gags, like bread falling out of the Spot’s body from a portal in his tummy. Basically, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse is trying to marry the grounded story of the first movie with the giant crazy multiverse bombast that only a sequel to a hit Oscar-winning movie can find the budget for, and that’s fine by us: Check out official trailer 2 and tell us what you think of it.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Furiosa: Is Tom Hardy in the Mad Max: Fury Road Prequel?
Tom Hardy as Max Rockatansky in Mad Max: Fury Road
Read Article Agatha: Who Does Joe Locke Play in the MCU Series?
Joe Locke and Marvel Comics character Billy Kaplan/Wiccan
Read Article X-Men ’97: Who Is Theo James’ Character, Bastion?
Bastion in X-Men '97 Season 1, Episode 7, "Bright Eyes"
Related Content
Read Article Furiosa: Is Tom Hardy in the Mad Max: Fury Road Prequel?
Tom Hardy as Max Rockatansky in Mad Max: Fury Road
Read Article Agatha: Who Does Joe Locke Play in the MCU Series?
Joe Locke and Marvel Comics character Billy Kaplan/Wiccan
Read Article X-Men ’97: Who Is Theo James’ Character, Bastion?
Bastion in X-Men '97 Season 1, Episode 7, "Bright Eyes"
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.