At the THQ Nordic Digital Showcase 2022, developer Purple Lamp revealed a full gameplay trailer for SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake. It is an original game and the long-anticipated follow-up to Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated, which was a remake. The premise is that SpongeBob and Patrick obtain Mermaid’s Tears, which grant wishes, and that sounds like a good thing — but evidently they find a way to make things go very wrong. Now, you’ll travel into “Wishworlds full of knights, cowboys, pirates, and prehistoric snails,” using cosmic costumes to help you along.
Here is a list of gameplay features to expect in SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake, some of which you’ll notice in the new trailer:
- Unlock classic and new platforming skills like the Fishhook Swing and Karate Kick
- Don more than 30 F.U.N.tastic costumes like SnailBob and SpongeGar
- Travel to 7 distinct Wishworlds like Wild West Jellyfish Fields and Halloween Rock Bottom
- Experience all the buddy movie banter with SpongeBob’s permanent companion Balloon-Patrick
- Meet all your favorite Bikini Bottomites from the series, voiced by their original actors
- Enjoy the in-game soundtrack featuring 101 songs from the series, including Sweet Victory
SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake will come to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, no release window yet. For more THQ Nordic Digital Showcase 2022 announcements, check out the new Gothic 1 Remake trailer, the announcement of a new Alone in the Dark, and the announcement of sandbox racing game Wreckreation, created by a team of racing all-stars.