Publisher Konami and Digital Eclipse have set a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection release date of August 30, 2022 on PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X | S (via IGN). The highly anticipated and highly nostalgic bundle of 13 classic turtle fighting games received a release date trailer today that highlights more Cowabunga Collection gameplay. You can see the video in full below.
This isn’t just your run-of-the-mill nostalgia cash grab. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection also includes local and online co-op support for TMNT II: The Arcade Game, TMNT III: The Manhattan Project, and TMNT IV: Turtles in Time. TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist will also come with local multiplayer support. Better yet, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection comes with loads of design documents, which is the sort of high-quality bonus you expect from Digital Eclipse projects. You can see a few of them here:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection finally has a release date set on PC and consoles for next month. Until then, you can get a reminder of the full list of games included below. We previously reported on the special editions of the game that are available to preorder.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Arcade)
- TMNT: Turtles in Time (Arcade)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES)
- TMNT II: The Arcade Game (NES)
- TMNT III: The Manhattan Project (NES)
- TMNT IV: Turtles in Time (SNES)
- TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist (Genesis)
- TMNT: Fall of the Foot Clan (Game Boy)
- TMNT II: Back from the Sewers (Game Boy)
- TMNT III: Radical Rescue (Game Boy)
- TMNT: Tournament Fighters (NES)
- TMNT: Tournament Fighters (SNES)
- TMNT: Tournament Fighters (Genesis)