At first glance, Stardew Valley is an unassuming little farming adventure. The further you explore the valley, the more monsters and magic become a big problem. Defend yourself and make exploration easier with the totally secret Galaxy Sword.
To earn the Galaxy Sword, you’ll need to make quite a bit of progress into Stardew Valley. The desert area doesn’t become available until you’ve completed community center quests in Pelican Town, while the mine has to be picked for super-rare minerals. Even if you’ve just started, it doesn’t hurt to start planning early and save any Prismatic Shards you might find. They sell for a good amount of gold, but they’re even more useful for acquiring the Galaxy Sword.
For even more secret upgrade locations, check out the Stardew Valley Stardrops Guide to find all seven special fruit snacks that enhance your maximum energy instantly.
Galaxy Sword Guide
Simply put, the Galaxy Sword is the best weapon of Stardew Valley. It’s twice as strong as the next best weapon, the Obsidian Sword, and attacks even faster.
- Damage: 60-80
- Speed: +4
The Galaxy Sword is incredibly useful for the late-game dungeons like the Skull Caverns and will keep you safe while exploring.
How to Get the Galaxy Sword – Step-by-Step:
Follow these steps to earn the Galaxy Sword.
- 1. Search the Mines for a Prismatic Shard. These rainbow minerals are randomly dropped when breaking mystic stones, iridium nodes, or when cracking open omni geodes at the anvil. Rarely, they will also drop from Void Spirits or Shadow Brutes when defeated.
- 2. Next, travel to the desert area. To reach this area, you must complete the bundles quest at the Pelican Town community center to repair the bus stop. Then you’ll be able to travel to the desert.
- 3. Explore the desert’s northeast corner to find three strange alien-like pillars with gold orbs at the top. Look carefully in the sand. There’s a divot in the very center.
- 4. Hold the Prismatic Shard over your head and step into the sand divot to initiate an animated scene.
- 5. You’ll lose the Prismatic Shard, but gain the Galaxy Sword. Now you can vanquish evil with ease… or cut weeds down even faster at the farm.
There are even more secrets to uncover in Stardew Valley. If you’ve found something we missed, let us know in the comments.
Kevin Thielenhaus is a freelance writer for The Escapist. Find him on Twitter here.