No offense but I get annoyed when someone changes thier Username and Avatar photo.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

PsychicTaco115:
I do hate how long it takes for a new avatar to pop up

I find the easiest way is change the avatar, log out, clear browsing data, then log back in. Changes the avatar instantly to the new one.

sanquin:

Saelune:
The most obvious and noticeable identifier next to a person's post is their avatar. When scrolling it is easier to see and differentiate than little white text on a dark blue header.

Its probably also marketing 101 since people probably recognize logos over the actual names of many products.

I put that under "people are lazy and don't want to remember names any more." :P

Memory in general is actually becoming more of a problem these days. Why remember anything when almost everyone has a phone with internet, and thus google these days, right? I say, deal with it. Doesn't take that much effort to take note of the names you want to remember. And after a short while you'll remember them by name no problem.

Eh, I've always had an issue with names ever since I was a kid. Smartphones weren't around back then.

I rarely ever change my avatar. The only reason I changed it the last time was because I no longer felt any connection to its source.

Canadamus Prime:
I rarely ever change my avatar. The only reason I changed it the last time was because I no longer felt any connection to its source.

I mean, you just legally cannot change yours. I assumed it was automatically picked when you made the account.

Drathnoxis:

It looks like DVS BSTrD was banned for a conversation that happened in a group. I thought it would be the mod group, but the posts aren't actually there for that day. A shame because I'd like to see the full conversation there. Vault101 last posted something on July 17, so she hasn't been gone that long

I could be misremembering, but I think the offending posts DVS eventually got banned for were in the Brovengers group chat. He also had a bunch of behind-the-scenes, er, issues, though.

I used to have a Mikuru Beam avatar gif for 10 Years. I decided to cycle through new avatars, becuase it is the end times here.

shrekfan246:

Drathnoxis:

It looks like DVS BSTrD was banned for a conversation that happened in a group. I thought it would be the mod group, but the posts aren't actually there for that day. A shame because I'd like to see the full conversation there. Vault101 last posted something on July 17, so she hasn't been gone that long

I could be misremembering, but I think the offending posts DVS eventually got banned for were in the Brovengers group chat. He also had a bunch of behind-the-scenes, er, issues, though.

Well darn, no hope of ever seeing that then. What kind of issues? He always seemed pretty good on the main forums, mostly just the occasional low content post.

Saelune:

Canadamus Prime:

I mean, you just legally cannot change yours. I assumed it was automatically picked when you made the account.

Sadly no. I went through several avatars before I found this one. And yes I can now never change it again.

What's really annoying is when someone changes their avatar and I can't remember whether they were someone I liked/agreed with or not.

"Hmm, do I summarily dismiss everything this person says as nonsense or not? Their name rings a bell but I can't be certain..."

Zhukov:
What's really annoying is when someone changes their avatar and I can't remember whether they were someone I liked/agreed with or not.

"Hmm, do I summarily dismiss everything this person says as nonsense or not? Their name rings a bell but I can't be certain..."

I thought you had your ignore list for that...

Dammit, all I did was add a monocle! That's it!

Doesn't really bother me, but then I'm the man with no username or avatar. Complete anonymity.

*glance left*

When did those get there???

Correct answer: See below the post count. I've kept the same name and avatar since I joined.

Silentpony:

chocolate pickles:
We have names. Read them. Do you even know how to read, you ignorant fuck?

Watch it. That's unnecessary.

It's a quote from Shawshank.

The Lunatic:
I tend to think I keep a consistent theme, even if not a consistent avatar.

Ditto, all of my avatars after the first have been giddy monster GIFS and have been that way for about half a decade.

I have this exact same problem. I've kept the same avatar and name for 10 years now because even I'd probably forget my own log in details if I changed anything. I also use them both on every site and forum I use. I have a 'mare recognising anyone who changes their avatar regularly.

RaikuFA:
Eh, I've always had an issue with names ever since I was a kid. Smartphones weren't around back then.

Same here. I've been working at my new job for 4 months now I believe, and I still can't properly remember half the names of the people I work with there. But that doesn't mean it's impossible. Just take note of someone's name every time you are interested in their post, and after a while you'll just start remembering it.

FalloutJack:
Dammit, all I did was add a monocle! That's it!

Good Grief! It's YOU!

American Fox:

Silentpony:

chocolate pickles:

I am legitimately shocked that neither he nor the mods realised this.

Silentpony:

chocolate pickles:

I think that might be a line from Shawshank Redemption... not that that has any bearing on whether it is appropriate or not, but yeah, edgy as all sin

EDIT: ninja'd, well played.

EDIT EDIT: Darling... hush.

chocolate pickles:

American Fox:

Silentpony:

I am legitimately shocked that neither he nor the mods realised this.

I don't care if its a quote from the Bible. You didn't cite it, and didn't use ironically. You just used it straight up, calling OP an ignorant fuck.
In the words of The Wire:

the December King:

Silentpony:

chocolate pickles:

I think that might be a line from Shawshank Redemption... not that that has any bearing on whether it is appropriate or not, but yeah, edgy as all sin

You talking to me with that last line?

chocolate pickles:
SNIP

Be as indignant as you want. I'm not the one getting the warnings.

Silentpony:

chocolate pickles:
SNIP

Your health meter says otherwise boyo.

chocolate pickles:

Silentpony:

chocolate pickles:
SNIP

Those were earned the proper way, pickles. You stumbled into a warning without wanting it; that's just silly. I earned mine.

Silentpony:

chocolate pickles:

Silentpony:

Those were earned the proper way, pickles. You stumbled into a warning without wanting it; that's just silly. I earned mine.

Deliberately getting yourself into trouble. Attention seeking behaviour ... definite narcisstic behaviour.

Eh, takes a little time to get used to the new face.

I used to change mine every new years day, but lost interest in doing that.

Course, press the red button and it doesn't matter.

chocolate pickles:

Silentpony:

chocolate pickles:

Deliberately getting yourself into trouble. Attention seeking behavior ... definite narcissistic behavior.

Says the guy who called people 'cucks'. Jeez, the edge! Its just so edgy and kewl! And unique. What an edgy, kewl and unique post. And I'm sure it made your point in a clear, concise, edgy, kewl and unique way.
And its self-destructive behavior, thank you very much!

Silentpony:
snip.

chocolate pickles:
snip.

Guys, enough. I don't want to have to officially get involved but I will if you don't knock it off. I will turn this thread around and then NO ONE gets ice cream!

tippy2k2:

Silentpony:
snip.

chocolate pickles:
snip.

Guys, enough. I don't want to have to officially get involved but I will if you don't knock it off. I will turn this thread around and then NO ONE gets ice cream!

Fair enough. I'm done. Gonna get me an ice cream sammich.

chocolate pickles:

the December King:

Silentpony:

You talking to me with that last line?

Well, kinda... it's just the next line in the film.

I've been confused in my life before, but never as confused as I was when [insert name] changed their avatar.

Thank you for reminding me to change my avatar.

I do it to reflect what kind of mood I'm in. Also, if there is a TV show, video game, movie, etc. that I am into now that I like to share.

My current avatar at the time of this post is Princess Kenny from South Park's Game of Thrones episode. I was into the current season of GOT. Also, Princess Kenny character was reflecting something I was dealing with.

So, no doubt, that there is a reason why I have the avatar that I have now. It's just a little peek at my true self behind the anonymity.

PsychicTaco115:
I do hate how long it takes for a new avatar to pop up

Silentpony:
I find the easiest way is change the avatar, log out, clear browsing data, then log back in. Changes the avatar instantly to the new one.

Actually you don't even have to log out. Just clear your cache.

Elvis Starburst:
Well, you're gonna hate me then (And you probably already do). I'm looking to change mine, though it is gonna have a few things that still use bits of my current avatar, so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out it's me. I won't be changing my username though

You and Programmed_For_Damage should swap avatars.

Thaluikhain:
Course, press the red button and it doesn't matter.

Actually, I don't think that works anymore. That along with a bunch of other things on this broken ass site.

KissingSunlight:
My current avatar at the time of this post is Princess Kenny from South Park's Game of Thrones episode. I was into the current season of GOT. Also, Princess Kenny character was reflecting something I was dealing with.

So, no doubt, that there is a reason why I have the avatar that I have now. It's just a little peek at my true self behind the anonymity.

I used to be recognized by having an absolutely horrific selection of avvies, but in these post-TopazFusion days, I now wear his skin.

Forever.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or