The Escapist Wallpaper Requests Thread - UPDATED 17/04/2013

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

CmRet:
I'm very impressed by this. I might hit you guys up. Will you be using this thread for requests? Or do you want them like PMed to you or someone else.

Congrats on 1000 posts.

And it seems requests go here.

FactualSquirrel:
Who's Jenny, and why has she just signed in?

lol thats what i wanted to ask

did she sign in just as you took the screenshot in a perfect exsample of sods law or was it planned to make it look like you have friends =P lol i am only messing with you

Onyx Oblivion:

CmRet:
I'm very impressed by this. I might hit you guys up. Will you be using this thread for requests? Or do you want them like PMed to you or someone else.

Congrats on 1000 posts.

And it seems requests go here.

Thank you good sir! And I would love to get a boondock saints wallpaper.

Trivun:

Epitome:
Hi all
I have a request but its a little off topic but I figure I can ask for your help. My gf has to do a blog as part of her course and she cannot find a good blog header and doesnt want to infringe copyright by copying anybody elses. Neither of us have the artistic skills required to make one so i thought I would ask here. The blog is to be a gaming blog called "game-centric" so if somebody could make an image about 700x250 pixels with the title and some popular gaming chars etc I would be most grateful.

Here you go, if you're unhappy with anything about it then let me know and I can make whatever changes are necessary :)

Love it :D
Thank you so very much your a diamond :)

Epitome:

Trivun:

Epitome:
Hi all
I have a request but its a little off topic but I figure I can ask for your help. My gf has to do a blog as part of her course and she cannot find a good blog header and doesnt want to infringe copyright by copying anybody elses. Neither of us have the artistic skills required to make one so i thought I would ask here. The blog is to be a gaming blog called "game-centric" so if somebody could make an image about 700x250 pixels with the title and some popular gaming chars etc I would be most grateful.

Here you go, if you're unhappy with anything about it then let me know and I can make whatever changes are necessary :)

Love it :D
Thank you so very much your a diamond :)

Brilliant, glad you like it :)

Hazz_11:

FactualSquirrel:
Who's Jenny, and why has she just signed in?

lol thats what i wanted to ask

did she sign in just as you took the screenshot in a perfect exsample of sods law or was it planned to make it look like you have friends =P lol i am only messing with you

Haha, it was Sod's Law... Actually, it was compounded by the fact that I changed my wallpaper shortly afterwards, then changed it back again, and accidentally ended up using the screenshot I'd taken as the background by mistake and didn't realise. I couldn't fathom why the sign-in window wasn't going away until a few weeks later, at which point I proceeded to kick myself thoroughly... :)

Shapsters:
Your Attention, Please

Finished it. 1280x800 Derlan wallpaper. I've tested it out on my laptop, and it is in my opinion an excellent wallpaper--doesn't interfere with the legibility of the icons or anything.

Fun Fact: I finished this and transferred the image to my USB drive about ten minutes before my laptop died on me (with any luck I'll have the materials needed to repair it on Monday). But I almost wasn't able to get this done at all.

I'll probably post this in the Artist in Thee thread as well, and I'm debating posting it in The Unknown, though I fear that might make everyone in the game send me a request for a wallpaper with their character.

Zemalac:

Shapsters:
Your Attention, Please

Finished it. 1280x800 Derlan wallpaper. I've tested it out on my laptop, and it is in my opinion an excellent wallpaper--doesn't interfere with the legibility of the icons or anything.

Fun Fact: I finished this and transferred the image to my USB drive about ten minutes before my laptop died on me (with any luck I'll have the materials needed to repair it on Monday). But I almost wasn't able to get this done at all.

I'll probably post this in the Artist in Thee thread as well, and I'm debating posting it in The Unknown, though I fear that might make everyone in the game send me a request for a wallpaper with their character.

Oh man it looks incredible! :D So awesome thanks very much!

You're the best! Best wallpaper ever!

Zemalac:

Shapsters:
Your Attention, Please

Actually, if you don't mind, I'm going to be slightly cheeky here and ask if you could do me a wallpaper too. I just really like the style of the Derlan piece for Shapsters, and I reckon it fits the ideas I've had for my own created characters. The request is based on a series of short stories I've been writing that are in turn based on certain fairy tales, here's the spoilered character descriptions:

If you don't want to do it, or don't have the time or anything, then don't worry about it, it's no problem. However, if you can then it would be much appreciated. Otherwise, I can just see if anyone else wants to do it. Even just individual characters would be fine, since I can always put them together in GIMP as a full wallpaper myself :).

I'm afraid I'm only good with environment design like mountains and stuff (3d) would that help?

SextusMaximus:
I'm afraid I'm only good with environment design like mountains and stuff (3d) would that help?

That's fine, it's exactly how I started out myself until I learned how to use GIMP. As long as you have any sort of artistic talent, in any way, we're glad to have you on board. Plus, anyone can request anything so you're welcome here anyway :).

Trivun:
snip

Sure, I'd be happy to draw something like that. A warning, though: it'll probably take a while. Partially because it just takes me a while to put together stuff like that, and partially because, as I mentioned, my laptop (also known as "my computer with Photoshop") died recently. I'm hoping to fix it tomorrow, but there's no assurance that it will work.

But if you're willing to wait, I'll draw it for you.

Zemalac:

Trivun:
snip

Sure, I'd be happy to draw something like that. A warning, though: it'll probably take a while. Partially because it just takes me a while to put together stuff like that, and partially because, as I mentioned, my laptop (also known as "my computer with Photoshop") died recently. I'm hoping to fix it tomorrow, but there's no assurance that it will work.

That's fine, I'm happy to wait, thanks :D. I have a pretty good Hellsing wallpaper I did myself that will do me for now, anyway...

Trivun:

Onyx Oblivion:
I've got (hopefully) simple request...Can I get a wallpaper of the following:

Phoenix Wright, Miles Edgeworth, Franziska Von Karma, Godot, Mia Fey, and all the other Ace Attorney series lawyers all in a circle around the screen.

With a big
in the center.

Thanks for considering, even if you can't/won't do it.

Well, the projects I'm working on now are piling up, but I can give it a go :). Hopefully the first thing I'm doing will be finished tonight, should probably take a couple of days to work on the second project I have to do, so expect this finished by the weekend. Unless someone else is willing to do this piece. Either way though, if no-one else will then I'll do something for you :)

Any word?

Onyx Oblivion:

Trivun:

Onyx Oblivion:

Phoenix Wright, Miles Edgeworth, Franziska Von Karma, Godot, Mia Fey, and all the other Ace Attorney series lawyers all in a circle around the screen.

With a big
in the center.

Well, the projects I'm working on now are piling up, but I can give it a go :). Hopefully the first thing I'm doing will be finished tonight, should probably take a couple of days to work on the second project I have to do, so expect this finished by the weekend. Unless someone else is willing to do this piece. Either way though, if no-one else will then I'll do something for you :)

Any word?

Well, no-one else has said anything, so I'll be happy to do it for you. Sadly, however, my own plans so far have been delayed thanks to coursework, so I'm still halfway through a Valve wallpaper for someone else plus my own work and whatnot. However, I will endeavour to get this project done for you posthaste :D

Trivun:

Onyx Oblivion:

Trivun:

Onyx Oblivion:

With a big
in the center.

Any word?

Well, no-one else has said anything, so I'll be happy to do it for you. Sadly, however, my own plans so far have been delayed thanks to coursework, so I'm still halfway through a Valve wallpaper for someone else plus my own work and whatnot. However, I will endeavour to get this project done for you posthaste :D

Well, it shouldn't be hard. A few Google image searches, a fitting background...and you should be cool.

OH! Could you make the background a courtroom?!

Onyx Oblivion:

Trivun:

Onyx Oblivion:

Trivun:

Onyx Oblivion:

With a big
in the center.

Any word?

Well, it shouldn't be hard. A few Google image searches, a fitting background...and you should be cool.

If I can find a decent courtroom picture to use, and I can make it fit and look decent, then sure thing :).

Trivun:

Onyx Oblivion:

Trivun:

Onyx Oblivion:

Trivun:

Onyx Oblivion:

With a big
in the center.

Any word?

If I can find a decent courtroom picture to use, and I can make it fit and look decent, then sure thing :).

YAY!

Trivun:

Zemalac:

Trivun:
snip

That's fine, I'm happy to wait, thanks :D. I have a pretty good Hellsing wallpaper I did myself that will do me for now, anyway...

Rock. My laptop is working now. I'll get started on your wallpaper.

Quick question: what's your desktop resolution?

Zemalac:

Trivun:

Zemalac:

Trivun:
snip

Brilliant, thanks :D. My resolution is 1440 x 900. I have a pretty big screen on my laptop...

Trivun:

Zemalac:

Trivun:

Zemalac:

Trivun:
snip

Brilliant, thanks :D. My resolution is 1440 x 900. I have a pretty big screen on my laptop...

Another quick question: what does Luna do? I'm asking for purposes of posing the characters, as I've been trying to get away from my usual arms-by-the-sides thing, and at the moment Luna's the only character who is static (am I making sense?). I figure a little more information would solve this--even just a prop for her to hold.

Trivun:
a

Updates?

Zemalac:

Trivun:

Zemalac:

Trivun:

Zemalac:

Trivun:
snip

Another quick question: what does Luna do? I'm asking for purposes of posing the characters, as I've been trying to get away from my usual arms-by-the-sides thing, and at the moment Luna's the only character who is static (am I making sense?). I figure a little more information would solve this--even just a prop for her to hold.

Hmmm, I never really thought about that. In the overreaching arc of the stories I'm writing, Luna is pretty much a foil to Red, plus the relationship thing that they're trying to build. It gets revealed early on that she's a succubus (a type of seductive female demon), and her actions basically are designed to either cause complete chaos (she's pretty much Chaotic Neutral/Chaotic Good) as a demon, or lust because of the specific type she is. Her story is basically that she's on the run from a group of demons who are trying to kill her because she has information about their plans to lead a rebellion against the gods and she meets up with the rest of the group by coincidence.

Not sure what you can make of that, though, but hopefully it helps. As I say, Luna mainly interacts with Red (romantic relationship) and Gretel (rivalry/enemies), so maybe you could do something with her to show those relationships between the characters?

Onyx Oblivion:

Trivun:
a

Updates?

Really sorry to keep you waiting so long, this past week has been anightmare with university and stuff. I'll have plenty of free time on the train tomorrow though so I'll definitely be able to make some progress then. Right now I've got the images that I'll be using, I'm sort of in the middle of planning out in rough exactly how it's all going to be laid out when I start it in GIMP tomorrow evening (getting the train home for the weekend, you see...).

Trivun:

Onyx Oblivion:

Trivun:
a

Updates?

Really sorry to keep you waiting so long, this past week has been anightmare with university and stuff. I'll have plenty of free time on the train tomorrow though so I'll definitely be able to make some progress then. Right now I've got the images that I'll be using, I'm sort of in the middle of planning out in rough exactly how it's all going to be laid out when I start it in GIMP tomorrow evening (getting the train home for the weekend, you see...).

Hey. You got the images, sweet.

BigHandInSky:
Cool idea, heres what im looking for:
A new wallpaper for my desktop [1280x1024-Xp]
And the mix im looking for is a mash-up of Valve's games, i dont mind which mix but the ones im switching through are:

Team Fortress 2
Left 4 Dead 1&2
Half-Life [1,2,eps1,2]
Portal
Garrys Mod (dont know if this counts as Valves but its still fun)

Here you go, hope you like it :)

If you're unhappy about any of it, let me know and I'll do my best to improve it where I can.

Onyx Oblivion:

Trivun:

Onyx Oblivion:

Updates?

Now that the Valve piece is finished I can devote my entire time and effort to your Phoenix Wright wallpaper, so you won't be waiting for much longer :D.

Trivun:

BigHandInSky:
Cool idea, heres what im looking for:
A new wallpaper for my desktop [1280x1024-Xp]
And the mix im looking for is a mash-up of Valve's games, i dont mind which mix but the ones im switching through are:

Team Fortress 2
Left 4 Dead 1&2
Half-Life [1,2,eps1,2]
Portal
Garrys Mod (dont know if this counts as Valves but its still fun)

Here you go, hope you like it :)

If you're unhappy about any of it, let me know and I'll do my best to improve it where I can.

Onyx Oblivion:

Trivun:

Now that the Valve piece is finished I can devote my entire time and effort to your Phoenix Wright wallpaper, so you won't be waiting for much longer :D.

Good but its sort of the area but not quite there......hard to put what i want into words so heres the idea i was thinking displayed in paint:

BigHandInSky:

Good but its sort of the area but not quite there......hard to put what i want into words so heres the idea i was thinking displayed in paint:

Is this the right sort of thing?

Trivun:

BigHandInSky:

Close-er but change to characters and maybe add a few battle scenes and small-en the logo a bit

Trivun:
Attention, sil vous plait!

Behold: line art.

Sorry about taking so long with this--the line art is the hardest part to get right, at least for me, and it took even longer than usual because there were six characters. If you want anything changed, let me know and I'll make the adjustments before I start coloring.

I was thinking the background would be a spooky old forest type of thing, unless you had something else in mind.

EDIT: Bear in mind that I haven't done any of the designs for the shirts or Luna's dress yet, so the characters are a little more...stark, I guess, than they will be when they're finished.

I would like a good Clint Eastwood background. By that i mean like collection of roles that he had like The man with no name, Dirty Harry etc..

Zemalac:

Trivun:

Sorry about taking so long with this--the line art is the hardest part to get right, at least for me, and it took even longer than usual because there were six characters. If you want anything changed, let me know and I'll make the adjustments before I start coloring.

I was thinking the background would be a spooky old forest type of thing, unless you had something else in mind.

EDIT: Bear in mind that I haven't done any of the designs for the shirts or Luna's dress yet, so the characters are a little more...stark, I guess, than they will be when they're finished.

Not bad. Not bad at all. I actually like that a lot so far, especially the way the hair looks on Luna. Spooky forest would be a good idea since a lot of the action in the series does take place in some forest or another. Looking forward to seeing it when it's all done :D.

MacNille:
I would like a good Clint Eastwood background. By that i mean like collection of roles that he had like The man with no name, Dirty Harry etc..

I've not got many requests done myself that I should have finished weeks ago, due to lack of motivation and just generally being busy. So I'll put your request up on the main page, so hopefully someone a bit speedier (and better than me) will be able to do something for you. If not, then when I've finished my unfinished work then I'll give your wallpaper a go.

Trivun:

Zemalac:

Trivun:

Not bad. Not bad at all. I actually like that a lot so far, especially the way the hair looks on Luna. Spooky forest would be a good idea since a lot of the action in the series does take place in some forest or another. Looking forward to seeing it when it's all done :D.

Excellent! If you don't want any changes made, I'll start coloring and doing the background, which should take less time than the line art.

I'll get back to you when it's done.

BigHandInSky:

Trivun:

BigHandInSky:

Close-er but change to characters and maybe add a few battle scenes and small-en the logo a bit

Here you go, a slightly better one (hopefully). Again, if you feel it needs any improvement then let me know and I'll do my best.

Zemalac:

Trivun:

Zemalac:

Excellent! If you don't want any changes made, I'll start coloring and doing the background, which should take less time than the line art.

I'll get back to you when it's done.

Actually, looking at it, just one tiny thing. I was thinking that Mad and Alice's clothes should look just a little more torn and ragged? In the fourth story they escape from a mental hospital and end up escaping into the forest, I was imagining them as having to get over razor wire fences and stuff, so some slight scarring on their hands and feet, and their clothes should be slightly more ripped. Otherwise, brilliant job so far :D.

I'd like a higher resolution of this:

Anything that can be done to somehow make it even more awesome will bring smiles upon your ancestor's ghosts.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked