"Release the Kraken!" and the ways it makes everything better

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Ooooh yeah.

"It's quiet, too quiet..."
"RELEASE THE KRAKEN!"

"Could ya help me? I'm having some problems with my computer. I don't know what-"

"RELEASE THE KRACKEN"

During the closing credits of every theatrical showing of Clash of the Titans. During the opening titles of every theatrical showing of Clash of the Titans. After selling a ticket to someone going to see Clash of the Titans. Whenever anyone anywhere mentions Clash of the Titans. To Liam Neeson as he walks down the street. Write it on signs and stand outside news stations who use those giant windows during broadcasts. Or hold it up on signs at EVERY sporting event.

C'mon internet, let's run this f--ker into the ground! Release the kraken!

I mean, Liam Nesson said it. He is an awesome actor and has good vocals. He can say nearly everything and make it sound good. For example; everything he said in Star Wars EP1 sounded good and nearly tangable when coming from him.
"Release the Kraken" is the new "This is Sparta" and "This is Maddness!" line that shall undoubtedly be taken out of context by every high school football team who thinks that they have a pair and need to show them off.

Also, when on a bus, or a crowded area, shout "Release the Kraken" before farting really, really hard. Make sure that it echoes too. You don't want to look like a complete moron while standing in the bus. Make sure they know what doom is coming after you shout the phrase.

Smack-Ferret:
CPL Dunn: What are we gonna do man? Shits falling form the sky, russians got us outnumbered-

SGT Foley: RELEASE THE CRACKEN!

And that's how WW3 ends.

Ramirez! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Is this the new... THIS IS SPARTA??!!

Dude I just now saw the ad for that movie. Release the Kraken!!!1 haha...
It will probably become the next lolcat or something.

In the elevator with a bunch of other people in a suit.

"Yes, well I can assure you I said I need those quarterly reports by Wednesday. No, don't tell Jim...look, just release the kraken, you're making it harder than it actually is. And get me those reports."

State of the Union address. "You wanna know how things are going? RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!"

OMG after reading all these comments I have come to realize how amazing this phrase will be. It truly can be used in almost any situation :D

My god there are so many ways I could use this line :)))

I shall now proceed to write a song that shouts that song in the chorus. I don't know anything else, but it will do that.

Or, alternatively, scream it when my dad is yelling at me for being lazy.

"Get off your ass and take out the trash before my foot goes up it!
"I won't take out the trash, but how about I RELEASE THE KRAKEN!"

Deleric:
In the elevator with a bunch of other people in a suit.

"Yes, well I can assure you I said I need those quarterly reports by Wednesday. No, don't tell Jim...look, just release the kraken, you're making it harder than it actually is. And get me those reports."

I like this one the best. No raised voice or weird inflection. Just flip it into a sentence then carry on like nothing has happened.

Waiter: And what can I get for you, sir?

Diner: RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! ...with a side of cole slaw and a Coke.

Rob: Dude, I can't even get my head around this. I mean, I found Amy with another guy. What should I do?

Jim (proudly leaping to stand atop his barstool): RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Definitely more satisfying than a tactical nuke... Infinity Ward might want to consider that as a replacement for it.

You just *insert triumph here*! What are you going to do now?

I'm going to Disney Land, wherein I will RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Release the Kraken is lame. I am not a fan and I don- ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

"Hey, remember that one movie where Laurence Oliver played as Zeus?"
"Yeah"
"What was his famous line again?"
"RELEASE THE KRAKEN!"
"Oh yeah... thanks!"

Hmm, the new game. Go to any Public Library, bus, funeral, or even busy street, preferably with someone else holding a video camera/phone. Jump onto a table or chair and shout "RELEASE THE KRAKEN!" as loud as you can. Post the results on youtube.

TACTICAL KRACKEN RELEASED!

Vrex360:
"Happy Birthday!!"

"RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!"

You sir, have made my idea. I'm still laughing while typing this.

Hmmm...

"WE'RE UNDER FIRE!"

"RELEASE THE KRAKEN!"

"Your base is under attack"

"RELEASE THE KRAKEN"

This should be in the Forum Games sub-forum if it was tweaked a bit.

See, like I said there is no situation that RELEASE THE KRAKEN does not improve.

Just think of the possibilities... Imagine Taken, featuring the Kraken.

"I told you'd I'd find you."
*bad guy shits pants in realization, then stutters:*

"R-r-release the kraken."

And with it, a half an hour fight scene ensues, after which Liam Neeson climbs his way out from the beast's stomach with a linoleum knife between his teeth.

Holy crap, I'm down to my last pokemon!

Girlfriend won't shut the fuck up.

Amethyst Wind:
I like this one the best. No raised voice or weird inflection. Just flip it into a sentence then carry on like nothing has happened.

That's what I was going for, thanks. It'd be kind of like that scene from Spiderman 2, where he has to use the elevator with the suit on.

Karlaxx:
I shall now proceed to write a song that shouts that song in the chorus. I don't know anything else, but it will do that.

Somebody beat you to it, I'm afraid.

Oh honey, could you release the Kraken when you get home? He's been waiting for you to take him outside all day.

"Joey, It's not that I don't love you, I'm just not IN love with you."
"RELEASE THE KRAKEN"

The little bastards at your job giving you hell?

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

All hail the PC gamer master race. RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!

Roganzar:
See, like I said there is no situation that RELEASE THE KRAKEN does not improve.

Damn, you're absolutely right. I can't think of a single situation that yelling "Release the Kraken!" wouldn't dramatically improve. I assume it would be especially effective at breaking awkward silences.

By the way, epic, EPIC topic.

Batman: "Quick robin get the shark repellant"
Robin: "RELEASE THE KRAKEN!"

Sony: "mmmyes the PS3 is on the rise in popularity, now all we must do is crush the competition"
Minion: "but sir how will we beat Microsoft?"
Sony:*intense music* "Release the Kraken!"

That's all Folk-RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Irridium:

Smack-Ferret:
CPL Dunn: What are we gonna do man? Shits falling form the sky, russians got us outnumbered-

SGT Foley: RELEASE THE CRACKEN!

And that's how WW3 ends.

Ramirez! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

i loled for about a minute, thank you, just made my day

OT: At a political debate
Politician 1: "and further more you have done nothing to help our crippling economy as you waste away our tax dollars on fruitless schemes!!!"

Speaker: "you rebuttal Mr. President"

President (coughs lightly and straightens his tie as he looks into the camera with authority to address the nation in its time of need): ...... RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

At a sports game when your team scores "RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!" When the other team scores "RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!" Everybody wins.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked