Do you like your first name?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Not a fan, but I can't really complain. At least I didn't get a strange new-age hippie name like leafe or something.

(Name: Hayden)

Nick. "Victory of the people." I like it. It's pretty funny if you know me personally. I'm not exactly a victorious kind of guy.

"Your parents opened the baby name book and picked the first one because they are lazy."

My name is Aaron, I like it because of the double A. However, every other person I've met in my life also called Aaron has been a complete dickbag in some way or another. So I like to think I break the mold.

Except I don't like it when people call me "AIR-ron"... Its pronounced Arron...

Yes, I am rather fond of it.

(Rory.)

I don't like my first name at all. It's not that its a bad name, its just that "John" is too common and I am far from normal. Grumble grumble.

Shane.

Apparently it means "Gift from God", but as seemingly half the names carry that meaning, its credibility declines steeply.

I used to hate it, and as it is one syllable it's hard to make a nickname out of it (For the Dutch among us, a friend of mine once called me
"Sh-twee". Epic facepalm in 3...) but I got over that relatively quickly. It's just my name, so it is pretty natural to me. I dislike saying it out loud myself though...

My first name's Jeremiah. It's from the Bible. My mother thought it would be a good idea to flip through the Bible to get my name. She wasn't even all that religious.

Say it out loud. Has a horrible mouth feel to it, doesn't it? Almost sounds like gibberish. I had to grow up with this damn song being a staple of music class in school. I hate my first name. But damned if I'm gonna get it changed when I've lived with it for the last 25 years. Too much hassle to change my name on all of my important government stuff.

Shaun, it is a perfectly good British name...also pretty awesome if I move to Australia where it is pretty rare. (They spell it mostly the bad way)

Don't expect me to say anything British though...

Well I'm off, chip, chip, tally ho!

Im joking. -_-'

My one ain't too average, but I don't use it on the net, but yeah, I'm happy with it, as it mirrors my personality quite nicely.

Mine's Wesley and I rather like it, as it was my grandfathers middle name. Also it's rather rare at least where I live and I rather like the sound of it.

Side note a quick view of Wikipedia says it means something akin to "A field to the west"

Mines James which really only my family call me, I like it but most of my friends call me Russell which I prefer.

Kevin

not bad i suppose. a little too common for my taste tho.

Angus supposedly. I hate it. Makes me cringe whenever someone asks my name.

*proceeds to light it on fire*

Considering changing it, but that seems like a lot of work.

My first names Fabian, I like it as living in Britain I've never met anyone who shares it with me, not as weird as my brothers name though which is Alaric

Yes, it's pretty common but I like it a lot, it's classy, sensible and thoroughly traditionally English.

Oliver, not a bad name, not a good name.

It's completely average like me :3

Nathan, I like it but I hate it when people call me Nathaniel or Johnathan, or call me Nat as a nickname; I prefer Nate.

I'm Tom/Thomas. I don't mind it but its not exactly an original name. Helps me blend in though which I like.

Andrew.

Pros: Can turn into "Andy," a much better name.

Cons: It's not "Dave".

Name is Gareth, apparently I'm named after Gareth Edwards which would make sense because he is a governor at my school. I like it, people think I'm Welsh because of it and my surname (and I'm very English) but that doesn't really bother me.

Stephen. Yeah I like it. I detest the "v" spelling though. Even if it's the one pronounced how it sounds, it looks unnatural.

My first name is Joseph but I prefer to go by Joe. When I was a kid, I went by 'Joey' but at this point only a couple of people are 'allowed' to call me by it. I've never liked being called Joseph to be honest but I don't mind it if someone in authority calls me by it.

Mine is a bid unusual but aside from some minor jokes in elementary school nowadays i'm happy that i got such a ''unique'' name. Whenever anyone at my school or in my town said my name, everyone automatically thought of me and no one else, which is kinda neat.

By the way, time to laugh, my name is Otto.

El Dwarfio:
What is it? Well it's the first name of the most celebrated Archer in English History, one of the most feared Vikings in English History,3 Kings of Scotland, a King of France, a King of Italy and the first British Prime-minister.

Milk and cookies to whoever guesses it.

Allow me to dazzle you with my infinite arrogance and wisdom!

My first thought was against the last person you mentioned: Henry... but then, Robert (for Walpole) even though he was never named as 'Prime Minister' (and at the time when he was First Lord of the Treasury, 'PM' was a derisory term used by the opposition to illustrate the incompetence of the rest of the cabinet, but never mind). The first de jure Prime Minister was Henry Campbell-Bannerman.

As for King of Italy... depends what you mean. But I don't recall any King of Italy being called 'Robert'. And it depends on the definition of 'Italy', because there were Kings of the Sicilies, Lombards, Naples, Savoy, Kings in Italy and Kings of HRE Italy, but the only proper Kings of Italy who could claim Kingship of the entire peninsular were Victor Immanuels II & III and Umbertos I & II.

The more you know...

Anyway, OT: s'OK... I prefer my nickname: Fatso... *shrug*

Vault101:
not particually interesting or badass, then again its not bad

(Amy)

I beg to differ! You share the same first name with the woman who sat in the pandorica for 2000 years and had her own roman warrior to watch over her. Amy Pond made Amy badass. :P

More OT: Yeah, sure... I like my name. Joakim, it has no special meaning (I am aware of its origin but that has no meaning today), it is simply a name picked because my parents liked it. But I do share it with the most awesomest duck in the whole world, Joakim Von Anka (Scrooge Mcduck).

Edit; blast those spelling mistakes, blast them all to hell!

I more or less never use my real name, as it is EXTREMEMLY common, and it just makes things a bit annoying when several people in the room has the same name. My last name is however unique (just my family in the whole country has it) so usually people starts using a short form of it when adressing me.

(First name is Johan)

NightmareLuna:

Vault101:
not particually interesting or badass, then again its not bad

(Amy)

I beg to differ! You share the same first name with the woman who sat in the pandorica for 2000 years and had her own roman warrior to watch over her. Amy Pond made Amy badass. :P

More OT: Yeah, sure... I like my name. Joakim, it has no special meaning (I am aware of its origin but that has no meaning today), it is simply a name picked because my parents liked it. But I do share it with the most awesomest duck in the whole world, Joakim Von Anka (Scrooge Mcduck).

Edit; blast those spelling mistakes, blast them all to hell!

really?

awsome!

(I also just remembered its the name of a rather bad indie horror game that came out not too long ago)

I like my first name despite that is's another word for penis (I would punch the person who decided that name should be link to that word).

Lucy.

Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. Also, a lot of people have dogs called Lucy, which doesn't help. And also it tends to be the name of random women and children on TV programs, who sometimes get murdered. My nan likes to watch crime channels so sometimes the TV will go "Lucy!!" and I'll turn around like `?`.
I would have liked Lucinda better, I get called that anyway by my family occasionally.

My name is so incredibly common it's ridiculous. Chris. Boom, big flashy name there. What really angers me is all the kids who use my last name as a first name. *end rant*

I'm okay with it as it was a pretty uncommon name when I was younger(Eli), at least where I lived. Not that I hear it more often I kind of get jealous and protective of my name. I know it's silly but I can't help it.

Bas.

I can't bloody stand it, it's only properly pronounceable in Dutch and even then it sounds plain stupid. I mean, how am I ever going to live abroad with a name like that?

Very common, boring and not unique it anyway so I guess it fits well, names Jon or Jonathon or Jo-Nathan depending on what you want to go by I don't really care that much.

I'd prefer something more uncommon though or the nickname I somehow got in which I'm a bear. :3

First name is Jack, short for John (no, I don't know why either). Common, but I rather like it.

Philip, perfectly happy with it, I prefer Phil, but either way I'm fine with it.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked