Things you find woefully unfunny, but other people like.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Well...

-South Park: They think of one joke and milk it like a dead horse. That is to say, in a crude and ineffective manner. After that, they just rely on "shock humor", which isn't really humor. Basically, they show the audience something really gross, and everyone let's out this nervous chuckle. It's like horror movies that try to scare you with sudden jumpy-moments. You might jump, but you're not actually scared: You were just surprised. Shock humor works exactly the same way. Which leads us to...

-Anything by Judd Apatow (Funny People, Superbad, Pineapple Express). Pretty much for the "shock humor" thing. So...many....dick jokes....

-Sitcoms that aren't trying: You know the type, where every single episode is a cliche from a million other sitcoms. The cheap cash-ins of televison. I don't see them regularly or anything, but I've seen a few episodes as my friends are flipping channels. They're so....lazy. In every sense.

-Racially themed stand-up: Yes, you are black. Yes, other people are white. No, this is not funny in and of itself. Especially when you start talking about the differences between them...and then just make shit up. It doesn't even make sense. Think of actual jokes, please.

Uh...That probably covers it.

Annoying Orange.

Those Call of Duty ads with real life actors. The guns were fake, the explosions were Micheal Bay style and not realistic at all. It is a military themed game that was supposed to give a very close experience to modern war, according to previous marketing schemes. And nothing about it was funny. Not even a bad pun. Not even a fart joke. It did not contain anything that could make anyone buy that product (specially after giving the idea that everyone who joins the game is an immature noob and you will have to babysit them) and did not have any comic situation. Yet lots of people laugh at it.

Ray William Johnson. I get it, you make money by showing others' content.

Dick in a box.

wicket42:
snip

Angry Juju:
snip

I heartily disagree with both of you, but you're obviously welcome to your opinions.

Out of curiosity, how much How I Met Your Mother did you watch?

OT:

Seriously, all he does is go up on stage, make retarded faces and swear. Lowest common denominator bull. Hell, I was on a bus on a school trip a few years ago, and I was talking to my friend about stand up comedy and dropped the fact I dislike this guy. All the chavs on the bus proceeded to stare daggers at me and several were like "you don't like Lee Evans!?"

No, I don't like Lee Evans. What was your first clue? The bit where I specifically said "aw, I really hate Lee Evans"?

ElPatron:

Ray William Johnson. I get it, you make money by showing others' content.

Oh, Ray William Johnson!

I let out a cheer when he got banned. His commentary just distracts from the funny stuff, which is to say content he's ripped. "I review viral videos". Yes, because we really need your validation for entertaining things that get uploaded on the internet. Most viral videos tend to be accidental, so in what way do they need reviewing?

Why'd they unban him, anyway? I'd really like the "most subscribed" on youtube to go to someone deserving, like Vlogbrothers or 5secondfilms.

Newer Family Guy episodes (that's the last 4 or so seasons), and Dane Cook. My god, is Dane Cook horrible.

Binnsyboy:

wicket42:
snip

Angry Juju:
snip

I heartily disagree with both of you, but you're obviously welcome to your opinions.

Out of curiosity, how much How I Met Your Mother did you watch?

OT:

Seriously, all he does is go up on stage, make retarded faces and swear. Lowest common denominator bull. Hell, I was on a bus on a school trip a few years ago, and I was talking to my friend about stand up comedy and dropped the fact I dislike this guy. All the chavs on the bus proceeded to stare daggers at me and several were like "you don't like Lee Evans!?"

No, I don't like Lee Evans. What was your first clue? The bit where I specifically said "aw, I really hate Lee Evans"?

This isn't really a thread where you agree/disagree with others...

It's a thread about not finding enjoyment about things most people find entertaining

Every internet meme that has ever existed.

Binnsyboy:
Why'd they unban him, anyway?

Because he is RWJ. That's how it works. If YouTube rips you to shreds if you are a lowlife but if your name is Ray William Johnson you can do whatever you want.

I don't mind YouTube partners making money of content that they are showing (like showing a videoame being played), but when a youtuber steals the spotlight of those videos before they even reach a million views it's just wrong. Even if to be a YT partner you must produce all of the content shown.

BarbaricGoose:
Every internet meme that has ever existed.

I looked at your profile pic and you don't seem too worried about it.

Adding sunglasses to pics is memetic behavior.

For one, Shrek. Isn't doing anything for me. Donkey is obnoxious.

South Park (and our own 'national version' of it, Lords of Flies)
Simpsons... I tried to watch it this one time (the first seasons)... boring as hell

From the newer ones, definitely Big Bang Theory. As I saw it the first time, I thought "My god, this will get hate on the webs". It didn't. The best thing is, that I can understand most of the jokes in it... they just aren't funny. IT Crowd as well, but add that it was so low budget it hurt eyes.

How I Met Your Mother... boring, tiring... disturbing. Father is telling his kids how much chicks he banged before marrying... wtf. Especially just that it isn't funny for me.

In whole, American sitcoms that a) tell me when funny occurs, b) tend to have all this moralising... cliched moralising. Friendship, parents are cool etc, God, how obvious can that get?

Also every Polish sitcom I watched apart from "13. Precinct". That was funny as hell.

Dane Cook. How that guy fills a fucking kitchen, let alone a stadium full of people, is beyond me.

Seinfield.
The popularity of both his show and his standup completely baffles me.

2 1/2 Men.
All the jokes are literally, "IM UPTIGHT", "AND I SHAG WOMEN". Thats it. No variation.

Date Movie, Scary Movie, Meet the Spartans, anything by Sacha Baren Cohen, Bridesmaids wasn't as funny as everyone said it was, various American Pies and above all: Napoleon Dynamite. I hate, hate, hate that movie for the time it stole from my life. Not worth it at all.

Any and all of the "Fail Compilations" on YouTube. They're obviously funny to enough people so as to keep making them, but all I see when watching them is a bunch of people receiving possibly life-threatening injuries. Some even have incidents were people DID die, and that's not funny at all, at least not to me.

To note, I don't actively search these out, either; StumbleUpon keeps bringing them to me no matter how much I thumb them down.

Jeff Dunham and his stupid puppets. I used to just be indifferent to him, but over time his most annoying quotes, like "I kill you!" and "Jeff Dun-HAAAAM!" have been permanently burned into my brain by constant repetition from his fans, and I hate him for it.

Well I despise Arby n the Chief with every fiber of my being, it's just so irritating just watch one show and you'll soon have a conditioned hatred for microsoft speak and spell, and Halo in general. I don't like family guy, the simpsons, south park or how I met your mother but apparently I live in a neighborhood of people that do so I get to hear the most irritating and retarded quotes done in the most obnoxious way possible almost every day.

Woodsey:
Dane Cook. How that guy fills a fucking kitchen, let alone a stadium full of people, is beyond me.

Because his kind of fans are the loud kind that get other people to like him by sheer force of will and don't know how to shut up unless you high five them in the face with a chair.

wicket42:

Anyway, my list would include:
-How I Met Your Mother
-The Big Bang Theory
-Spaceballs (even though I love Star Wars)
-the Scary Movie films

Totally agree with you, particularly with the first two. How I met your mother was okay, but simply not as great as everybody said, and not worth watching. Full disclosure, however, I didn't watch past the beginning of season 2.
And The big bang theory sucks. Just sucks.

I've also never been a fan of Tosh.0 and Family guy. these are more mainstream, so I'll probably get some flak for it, but I think both of these take jokes from other sources and string them along out of context.

For similar reasons, fucking Dane cook.

Bill Mahr.

Adam Sandler. I never found him funny.

Jeff Dunham. Same reason.

The Hangover, either one. For some reason, they reminded me of Dude Where's My Car and that really sucks for me.

Adam Sandler not funny at all most of the time.
Both versions of the office just awkward for me.
Kids shows on Nickelodeon/disney channel with live actors they are all just painful.
rob schneider

Glee and Ricky Gervais

Please Ricky, you seem like a nice guy but you are just not funny.

As for Glee, It's being milked so hard that it is impossible for them to stop ruining good songs.

Ball kicks

and movies supposed to be funny based on stupid people

girzwald:
Bill Mahr.

Yeah, I like asshole humor but Bill Mahr is just an asshole.

-The Office: A couple of episodes have made me laugh a good amount, but usually I'm just waiting for something humorous to happen way too often.

-Sarah Silverman: I just hate her work. I don't know why, but she just annoys the hell out of me.

-Saturday Night Live: The humor died years ago guys. Let it go.

-Any MTV reality show: A lot of people that watch this crap claim to do so only because the people on there are so stupid that it's funny. It's not. It's debilitating to my sanity.

-Tina Fey: See Sarah Silverman.

*edit wrong quote lol*

CruisingForBiddies:
Big Bang Theory springs to mind, the same old unfunny awkward nerd jokes being used over and over again. I know that's the premise of the show but when all of the characters are using the same jokes they all become very bland. Oh and Stepbrothers, Will Ferrell is not funny.

Man how can you hate stepbrothers. That movie is concentrated awesome I mean it has this:

Harem anime. Just why is that funny? But it's such a popular genre. Why?

Virtually any internet Meme or anything found any of the "cheezburger network" of worthless internet sites.

I think I've been pretty vocal about my staunch hatred for Tim and Eric. To date they hold the dubious distinction of being the only "comedy" act I've ever wished slow physical pain upon.

Edit: Also Arrested Development. Not a BAD show, but not the second coming of Christ that everyone else seems to think it is.

Keith Lemon and his dreadful show, Celebrity Juice. Seriously. Who the HELL decided he was funny and put him on TV? Even the adverts for it make me want to throw the TV out of the window!

Also: I don't find Ricky Gervais funny at all. I love An Idiot Abroad, really like Karl Pilkington and Stephen Merchant, but just fail to enjoy Gervais. Same with The Office. Couldn't watch Gervais, loved Steve Carrell in the US version. Heck, I thought the US one was more funny anyway.

Lee Evans isn't funny to me. My sister and mum love him but it didn't even make me chuckle.

And I can't stand Family Guy. A lot of the time it just feels like it's trying too hard.

neonsword13-ops:
Most of tobuscus' stuff: Act crazy in front of camera; Get millions of views. (The literal trailers are good, though.)

Agreed. I love the literal trailers and have watched a few so much I know them by heart. But the rest of his stuff doesn't do much for me.

Big Bang Theory... I absolutely hate Big Bang theory. I hate the characters. I hate that they make references to nerd culture. all of it.

Frozen Donkey Wheel2:
Well...

-South Park: They think of one joke and milk it like a dead horse. That is to say, in a crude and ineffective manner. After that, they just rely on "shock humor", which isn't really humor. Basically, they show the audience something really gross, and everyone let's out this nervous chuckle. It's like horror movies that try to scare you with sudden jumpy-moments. You might jump, but you're not actually scared: You were just surprised. Shock humor works exactly the same way. Which leads us to...

Your argument reminds me of this bit...

Ricky Gervais, Russell Brand and Jonathon Ross. Alot of people I know find them hilarious.
I find them tasteless, unfunny asses. I watched the latest Family Guy only to hear Ricky Gervais as a dolphin and almost rage quit on the spot.

Jersey Shore. People I know think it's hilarious. I don't. I see nothing pleasant about watching stupid people do and say stupid things.

And while I'm mentioning stupid people, I learned something today. Intelligent people have a low number of children, if any at all. Stupid people have loads of kids. Save the next generation from idiocy by having kids of your own.

The Niggerfaggots video, I just kind of went......wtf? Really?

Dane Cook, Family Guy, and the worst offender of all, Glee.

The only one that I can think of that's almost universally loved is Big Bang Theory.

For every second of that show I see, I swear it shaves off at least three of my brain cells.

I've legitimately gotten a headache while being forced to watch that god awful show.

I'm usually all for opinions and everything, but I legitimately think that the show is just downright bad. Whenever I hear my friends freaking out over how funny it is it makes me want to smack them upside the head.

Only reason I don't (most of my friends are comfortable with the "stop being stupid" whack as long as it isn't hard) is because they're so defensive about it for some reason. Seriously, even when people bash Halo or Dragon Age I only get defensive when they start lying about it. When I simply state that I hate the show, it isn't my thing, and that I find it unfunny (all matters of opinion, I've never stated that I think the show is shit to people I know like it) I get dirty looks.

It's confounding.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked