Groups that you judge unfairly

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Esotera:
Bronies, although I think going into any more detail is a bannable offence round here from what I've seen, so I'll leave my reasons to myself.

Also non-scientists...particularly people who actively dislike science. I suppose it's bigoted but I just can't believe that someone can legitimately believe that global warming is a hoax for example, or that evolution doesn't have any evidence behind it.

Do you mean naturally occurring global warming or man-made global warming? Because the former fact, the latter is propaganda that plenty of scientists have come out and denounced.

As for who I hate, I'll say gamers. Buncha whiny, spoiled, ungrateful pricks who piss and moan if things don't go exactly their way. :P

Pony-obsessed, anime-obsessed etc. Basically "fanatics". All those people who flood the internet with one thing. Also people who use the Farnsworth "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" picture. It comes in nearly every news that is somehow not understandable as long as you don't understand the laws behind it and BAM, some prick posts it to feel clever. Dislike all those.

Personally misanthropes or people who are just generally miserable. I respect other people's rights to believe what they want but I can't help feeling that anyone who claims to hate humanity is just trying to inflate their own ego as they and their friends are almost irreparably not part of the teeming masses they so despise. Being miserable in general just seems like a huge waste of precious life.

JoJo:
Personally misanthropes or people who are just generally miserable. I respect other people's rights to believe what they want but I can't help feeling that anyone who claims to hate humanity is just trying to inflate their own ego as they and their friends are almost irreparably not part of the teeming masses they so despise. Being miserable in general just seems like a huge waste of precious life.

I agree with this.

I also hate people who can't show weakness to others and feel the need to remind those around them that they are SO AWESOME. Fuck those people, no one likes them.

Funny. It seems I relate a bit with everything everyone posted so far, except from judging people based on where they come from (I guess I judge more what people do to others or themselves; this applies to altering their looks, where they choose to spend money on, what they do with their knowledge and stuff, etc). Some things don't bother me much (I ignore people that swear a lot in games, such as DOTA or CoD, and I too find mullets ridiculous, but as this doesn't hurt me directly or annoy me that much, I just laugh at their silliness; It's their choice to look like they do). However, I freaking hate whoever listens to loud music in public places without their headphones! Mostly the music is also terrible, but they could be listening to Beethoven's 9th symphony and I would still hate them for being such d*cks to everyone else!

Oh yeah! I'm not proud of this, but I guess I think less of people that just can't sit still and be quiet for over 1 minute (and often don't even do that!). They seem so dependant of making noise and talking all the time! Why can't they enjoy the silence, or listen to a music they like with their headphones, without singing it or talking about it with someone? Why must they keep talking, even if the other person clearly shows he/she isn't interested in talking? I bet these people would suffer a lot if they were left alone in somewhere dark for some time (I think it's called "solitaire" in English, isn't it?). I never really understood what would be so bad about a situation like this. All the other people are away from you! It's just you and your mind; how isn't that the best thing ever?

Religious people who are selective about beliefs.
Don't tell me not to fuck guys in between bites of that bacon burger!
Leviticus says both are wrong.

Also, people who believe in the Mayan Apocalypse Calendar Dumbfuck Theory.

People who can't talk coherently. I don't mean people with a legitimate reason, birth defect or foreign accents, I mean people who talk with a slur trying to be a "hard thug." Sorry, I don't know "Wha yu iz say'in du" maybe if you didn't sound like someone beating you over the skull with a spiked brick I could help.

Also, people who align themselves with only one political side and vote JUST that side. Only voting Republican or Democrat seems like such a waste to me. You're basically saying you're not going to take the time to figure out any of the politicians views or what you're own ideas on issues are and are just voting for someone because they have an "R" or a "D" next to their name.

Same thing goes with anyone whose die-hard against the other side. "Oh, your a Republican? Sorry, I can't be friends with your kind." Really, Bloods and Crips think they have a feud going on? That shits nothing compared to Republicans Vs Democrats, those guys are so hard core they'll destroy anything, including the country they live in, just to make sure the other side doesn't get a foot ahead of them.

RJ 17:

Esotera:
Bronies, although I think going into any more detail is a bannable offence round here from what I've seen, so I'll leave my reasons to myself.

Also non-scientists...particularly people who actively dislike science. I suppose it's bigoted but I just can't believe that someone can legitimately believe that global warming is a hoax for example, or that evolution doesn't have any evidence behind it.

Do you mean naturally occurring global warming or man-made global warming? Because the former fact, the latter is propaganda that plenty of scientists have come out and denounced.

As for who I hate, I'll say gamers. Buncha whiny, spoiled, ungrateful pricks who piss and moan if things don't go exactly their way. :P

You really sure what you said is true?

OT: People stating opinion as fact, and using words that misleads people into having the opinion they want them to have. For example bigots who 'suggest' that their opinion is suppoted by the majority of the scientific community when its infact the minority. 'See Conservatives on R/P threads' Because 2-10% is plenty. And the rest are just alarmists and propagandaspreaders who are to be dismissed for having a different opinion.

TrilbyWill:
Religious people who are selective about beliefs.
Don't tell me not to fuck guys in between bites of that bacon burger!
Leviticus says both are wrong.

Also, people who believe in the Mayan Apocalypse Calendar Dumbfuck Theory.

Exactly! you can't pick and choose which parts of the bible are hard fact and which parts are metaphorical. Which leads to even worse problems when people take the whole bible literally. Do they honestly believe that Noah could capture 2 of every animal on the planet and make sure they didn't all kill each other?

The Mayan's themselves didn't believe in an apocalypse, the date in question refers to an event where certain star or planets would align to form a shape of a tree ushering in a new 'age' (refered to a Great Year in Astrology). the idea that the world is coming to an end is an invention of our western culture.

I also hate New Age things, I honestly had someone justify being a purely organic vegetarian based on the way their 'chi' reacted. This goes for a large portion of the new age movement. Chi, Crystals, Homeopathy, Feng Shui and aromatherapy are not scientific! What's worse is that New Age things can turn normally rational people into hippies.

People without a love for Education/Information.

Nothing more infuriating to me than someone who refuses to investigate a subject they know very little about, however they feel their uninformed opinion should hold as much weight as everyone else's, EG.

Pretty much those who are narrow minded (people who dismiss other over a small thing) or introlarent of others (racist). This is including the people at FOX news.

I'll agree with others in this thread and say: fanatics. Male MLP fans have only my most sincere disdain, and anime fans bother me just by raising the subject. I dislike anime in general and I judge people who like it.

TheKasp:
Pony-obsessed, anime-obsessed etc. Basically "fanatics". All those people who flood the internet with one thing. Also people who use the Farnsworth "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" picture. It comes in nearly every news that is somehow not understandable as long as you don't understand the laws behind it and BAM, some prick posts it to feel clever. Dislike all those.

I see that picture attached to commentary on music more than anything else, don't know why. People will get attached to anything, I guess.

Nikolaz72:

RJ 17:

Esotera:

You really sure what you said is true?

OT: People stating opinion as fact, and using words that misleads people into having the opinion they want them to have. For example bigots who 'suggest' that their opinion is suppoted by the majority of the scientific community when its infact the minority. 'See Conservatives on R/P threads' Because 2-10% is plenty. And the rest are just alarmists and propagandaspreaders who are to be dismissed for having a different opinion.

Well considering the facts that volcanic activity has spewed out far more carbon dioxide than all the cars that have ever existed, and the fact that the planet naturally goes through warming and cooling periods...yeah, I'm feeling pretty safe on my side of the fence. In a case like this, the burden of proof is on the "man-made" side seeing as how we already know that the Earth naturally goes through heating and cooling periods, it's up to them to prove that this time it's our fault, and they simply haven't done that.

I really don't want to get into a political argument about this though, so go ahead and respond with some argument or article or whatever you like, I'll likely ignore it on the basis of "agree to disagree".

I'm unfairly prejudiced against Republicans, or, more specifically, people who vote republican. I simply cannot get past the fact that they vote into office men and women who generally do as much as they can to repress minorities and prevent social or economic progress for the sake of personal opinions or corporate profits.

Edit:
completely re-written because I missed a word in the OPs first sentence.

Odin311:
I guess I judge all religions unfairly.

Admittedly I know a lot about some and others I don't know at all. The problem is I see the few outspoken extremists, and paint all religion with the same brush. It's not fair, and I should try to be more understanding of them.

Ya those "Dinosaurs never existed, fossils are just here to test our faith" "if we evolved from monkeys, then why are there still monkeys?" "being gay is as bad as being a murderer" kind of Christians defiantly ruin the reputation of the religion as a whole. Trust me though, we're not all bad! :D

On topic. A big one of mine would be white trucks (white cars in general, but trucks are the big one). Not white truck drivers, but white trucks (excluding large trucks like construction vehicles and U-Haul). I always expect them to be assholes on the road, weaving between lanes, speeding, tail-gating, cutting me off, etc. Im not sure why its specifically white ones though, other colours are just fine.

Fappy:

I also hate people who can't show weakness to others and feel the need to remind those around them that they are SO AWESOME. Fuck those people, no one likes them.

You always get at least one of those people in an MMO guild...and they are usually playing the same class as me and go super hyper competitive. FML.

As for those I judge unfairly, probably Christians. As Gandhi put it: "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

I was brought up as a christian but I cannot reconcile myself with this hatred they conjure up towards other faiths, women and homosexuals and that's why I don't go to church or call myself a christian.

I'm not going to worship a god who makes me with ovaries and then tells me I'm inferior because of it or tells me that my best friend from when I was little, and who wouldn't hurt a fly, is going to go to hell because of something he can't possibly change about himself.

Jesus seemed like a great man though and I'll always respect him.

I think I'm probably judging them unfairly because not everyone is the same within a faction but my mind seems to not be able to separate the extremists and haters out from the rest.

I dislike a lot of people. I can't be bothered to list them all, so here's a some of them:

Most of my peers
Most gamers
People who think that screaming internet memes in real life is funny
People who stand in the middle of aisles in a store, blocking the way
People who ask too many questions
People who act like idiots on purpose

Frizzle:
People that walk around with headphones on, ignoring everyone and everything around them. Sometimes I really regret being able to operate the brake pedal on my car so well....

Take the headphones out of your ear, and enjoy the sounds around you when you're walking the streets.

And fat people. There really is no excuse unless you're somehow incapacitated (wheelchair etc), or broken.

:p no, the sounds of the street suck compared to the music I'm listening to

also, go a head, run me over >:) i need the money

OT: the french, not sure why, can't place it but i don't like that country at all

TestECull:

Glass Joe the Champ:

TestECull:
If I see you get out of the driver's seat of a Toyota Prius I am going to assume you're a fucking hippie-ass mongrel who thinks they need to preach about the greenness of their shitbox and try to force people who can't afford one to buy one, all while ignoring how hypocritical their diatribe is given how not-green Priuses truly are. It doesn't matter how far away from that you are, the moment I see you get out of one my mind's made up and I can't take a word you say seriously.

On a somewhat unrelated note I also fucking hate Toyota Priuses.

Why exactly? I own one and it's not a bad car by any means. I got it from my grandpa for a cheap 5,000$, so it's not like I bought it to feel better than everyone else. But the gas mileage is very noticeable and it's saved me a lot of trouble over the past year.

You're such a small minority it's laughable. For every sensible person like you that paid what they're worth and doesn't think they're above everyone else because they own a Prius, there's 15 fuckheads that bought one brand new thinking they're saving the environment, that think it gives them the right to drive like a douchebag(I have yet to encounter one on the interstate not doing 90+), and act like they're better than everyone else.

People in that latter group are why I make that assumption every time I see a Prius. Honestly, if the majority of Prius owners were sensible folk like yourself I probably wouldn't give a shit either way about priuses. Still wouldn't want one of course, but I wouldn't hate that car and everything it stands for either.

That's interesting, because every Prius I get behind is being driven like it's broken, and slower than all hell. I don't think I've ever had one pass me, and I'm by no means a speed demon. I just can't stand that people driving them act like they won't make it up the next hill, and have to go soooooo slooooooow.

Complaining Fat people or Aggressive mormons though occasionally they are one and the same.

Frizzle:
Take the headphones out of your ear, and enjoy the sounds around you when you're walking the streets.

Ambulances, car engine noises, braking tires, deafening jet noise (the only one of these noises I actually like, but outdoors is too damn loud), people shouting, construction work and creaky subways.

No thanks. The city is loud enough to be heard trough noise canceling headphones.

Elderly white people. Granted most that I have met always are quick to point out my race and "how much good [my] kind has done" and frankly I'm sick of it. So I tend to ignore them. I guess you can also add conservatives to the list, no thanks to the large tea party influence in my city.

TestECull:
snipped prius hatred

Actually, the people you're referring to are part of the minority. You're just ignorant to those who are driving respectably.. When i'm in cali i see a ton of prius drivers and not many of them are people who can barely drive.. or you may think they're of the majority because you get serious road rage and everyone's a bad driver in your eyes.

dobahci:
snipped dota hatred

You realize that your limited dota experience is with the moba game that is renowned in the moba world for having THE worst community right?

As or me i think i judge those who have to call every. fucking. thing. pointless... every day i hear someone sitting a couple seats away from me at college say something like 'What's the point of expensive food? because you get less of it and it doesn't fill you up as much' (hint: google the word 'delicacy').

Little kids who shout racial slurs 24/7. I'm going to attempt to understand their nature.

So uh...peace out...yo? Se ya my ni-...Yeah, this isn't going to work.

Honestly...
Religious people freak me out.
Especially overtly religious people (people on the street who tell you to love Jesus).
I can't help but feel they are a little unbalanced. I know its probably not true and many people who are religious are lovely, but once someone tells me they have an invisible friend the barriers kind of go up.

I would say Bronies but I'd simply be

*sunglasses*

Beating a dead horse...

YEEEAAAH!!!

Anyway probably anyone who is ever successful since I can't appreciate people's hard work. I'm too competitive so when I ever see someone do well at anything I go "Fuck me I'll never be that good." It's a vicious self depreciating cycle.

dobahci:
My limited experience with a dota game was when Heroes of Newerth was in beta. I didn't know much about the genre, but I figured I'd give it a try. Bumbled around a bit not knowing what I was doing, and then got yelled by some kid on my own team who had probably never seen tits before in real life, because apparently I screwed up something I didn't think was very well explained to begin with. Because that's another thing about these games, they're not big on explanations. THIS IS A DOTA GAME, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT TO DO ALREADY, YOU STUPID SCRUB.

I know what you mean. I love League of Legends and in the span of a year I've probably played 900 games but the community is full of shit heads. All DOTA games are like that in my experience.

The best way to get past it is just queue with a bunch of friends and sit in the VOIP of your choice bitching and calling the random players faggots while cursing your ineptitude and softly sobbing to yourself. I keep playing but my favorite thing to say when I play with my friends is "FUCK THIS GAME AND EVERYONE WHO PLAYS IT!"

SoulSalmon:
Yup, heads turn when you got a few burly 'delinquent looking' 20-somethings in a car blasting Carameldansen >.>

I must do this...

Frizzle:

And fat people. There really is no excuse unless you're somehow incapacitated (wheelchair etc), or broken.

What if they have a glandular problem?

OT: People that wear their hoods up inside, or on nice days. In retrospect, although I loved Prototype, I'd have probably tried to curbstomp Alex Mercer if I ever saw him.

White people, skinny people, and people who wear a ballcap backwards, especially if they are also wearing sunglasses.

Ice Azure:

Also, generally 90% of the COD community. I play the game a lot and some of the people I meet are... They at least have some semblance of manners and common courtesy/respect. Most of them just curse over the mic, call each other faggots/cheaters and think their 10 year old selves are more significant at life because they can quick scope "like a pro".

I like to play with people who play for fun or at least aren't a complete douche. Or a 10 year old. I say I judge them unfairly because technically I'm 2 years younger than the required age to play it, supposedly, and if I see someone who sounds like they're 8, I'm going to assume they're one of those squeakers who gets on everyone's nerves and somehow learned all the swear words he could possibly know.

Wait until you get to this stage.

I know what you mean though! Wen I played online CoD or Battlefeild I found my faith in humanity being physically drained from my life... Therefore I just don't play any more! I now only play multiplayer exclusively with freinds!

OT: The French... I haven't had much experience with the cheese eating surrender monkeys, but all the experience I have had has been bad... also as a Brit I was bred to naturally dislike them... so all in all I now see them all as blase, laissez faire, douches... (Who I am more than happy to use their phrases! :P)

I really, really try to be tolerant to almost everyone, but sometimes I just cannot go trough with a person. Here are a few of these cases:
- People who talk incoherently on the internet, use dumb shortcuts and overuse emoticons. I hate this, because i know many people that are quite intelligent in the real life, but sound really dumb when they speak to me through various internet communicators.

- People who want to compare their standard of life to others, posing it as the ultimate goal everyone should be aiming for, and calling everyone who doesn't fit into the frame a 'no-life' or a 'loser'. Also applies to beliefs and moral standards.

- People who are afraid to say something that they really think because of what others may think, who hold back on speaking their thoughts and feelings because of social norms and rituals that make no sense to me. I cannot count how many times I was angry with someone for him telling me that 'this isn't the time' to discuss something, or shh me for saying something i meant and someone heard it.

There probably would be a few more, smaller categories, but i'm generally someone who tries to be very unprejudiced.

Transsexuals- I have nothing against them particularly, but I would never willingly be anything more than a friend with one.

Bronies- Well, okay, the vocal minority of Bronies. You know, the ones who post a pony into anything even when it's completely irrelevant just because "THEY'RE SO WACKY." Just liking the show like any other, that's fine, whatever.

People who smoke weed- Past personal bias in family issues I guess.

And that's just about all I can think of. Now to get quoted and insulted a million times!

I get on really well with over-weight people. Really well with them actually: I believe they are all nice in general which is a kind of prejudice I suppose.

I have a strong prejudice against kids and, teens. Not to offend anybody here but I went out today and a small group passed by my house while I was coming out and I couldn't help but thinking "bunch of fuck-tards" as they passed by, passing around swears and weird lyrics between themselves. Young Children just plain annoy me.

I actually hate a whole lot of people. Pretty much everyone. Not overwhelmingly so you understand but I do think that every single person out there is a piece of shit. Just some are better at hiding it than others.
But I really, really cant stand fucking bronies. Their pathetic obsession with that crappy TV show borders on being a cult. I just don't want anything to do with anyone who calls themself a brony. Ever.

Oh and the whinier members of the tranny community. Fuckers try to force their delusion on us and expect us to learn a whole new goddamn set of terms to describe all the subtle differences in what they want to be called this week.

Edit: Ohh, I know. The ones I really hate the most are those PC assholes who, for example in a recent thread try to make you out to be a racist/homophobe/bigot etc if you ever dislike A person who happens to be of a minority.

Probably...Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses. Mostly because I get a lot of missionaries from both groups knocking at my door at all times of the day and night, then have to go rescue their stupid asses because they can't be arsed to look a little to the left of my door and notice the nice, big "Beware of Dog" sign. So yeah...I kinda have dim views of their intelligence.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked