57.8% (201)
57.8% (201)
No, skinny is best ( me *sigh" )
21.8% (76)
21.8% (76)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Chubby is cute too.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

well a good woman is a blend of things. not just looks. theres a whole physicality that can make some chubby's just damn hot and some thin girls just move in a way that makes them appealing as an empty sack.

then you have intellect, humour , interests and the whole array of personality

but for me every time it comes down to big tits and a low self esteem.

just kidding! breast size doenst really matter to me

Curvy, a little extra weight, voluptuous are sexy. Chubby and skinny I'm not particularly attracted to. UK sizes 10-16 are nice sizes. Bigger or smaller than that will depend on the woman ;-)

well i pretty much only date chubby girls. so yes i find them very attractive. far better than these boney thin girls the media calls "Hot"

imahobbit4062:
Not only has this been done to death, but what I don't get is. What the media labels as fat and unhealthy...really doesn't look fat at all. Which just highlights their stupidity even more.

bannanaky:
well i pretty much only date chubby girls. so yes i find them very attractive. far better than these boney thin girls the media calls "Hot"

eh this kind of crap gets me... you know the media itself has no opinion right? the media's whole job is to show things that the majority want to look at it's how they make their money... if the majority did not want to see skinny chicks the media would not be showing them all the time... it's a business for fuck sake it's not supposed to show you realistic things just the things the majority wants to see and hear... they have no agenda to push a specific body type they are just showing the public what it wants so they can make money... the media does not decide those women are "hot" the majority does and the media just plays off it

being mad at the media for putting hot skinny women all over is like being mad at a Bakery for putting up pictures of delicious cupcakes everywhere

Oh, really? I will just edit my attraction protocls and hit the save butto... oh, wait. Thats not how it works, you find what you fint attractive and I will find what I find attractive. Deal?

Oh and you dont have to find someone attractive to NOT be a dickhead and bully them about their appearance.

Captcha: Lumpy Gravy... blame Captcha for any jokes you think of, not me.

Cavan:
That's not what people mean when they say "big boned". What they mean is that it's very easy to have a general bone and muscle structure which gives you a certain shape regardless of health. It's not really that big of a factor in most cases though.
I for example have a thick rib cage and fairly broad shoulders, the skin doesn't have to stretch to accomodate something like that because it's the way your body is naturally supposed to be, so despite that fact that I am mildly overweight this has always implied a vaguely athletic look to me.

In the same way some people who are at their perfect healthy weight have a small second chin because of their facial structure, or that some people have wider hips. It's all just natural variance which sometimes looks a little misleading and is probably overused as an excuse.

You're right, but I addressed it how I did because within-species variance rarely exceeds 10% from the average - which isn't enough to hide an additional 50lbs. It's enough that someone on the higher end of the spectrum can add another 15-20lbs of fat and still look relatively normal. It doesn't mean you, for instance, could pack on 50lbs and still look the same due to your "broad shoulders." The amount of extra weight that the tiny amount of variation in bone structures between people allows is often significantly less than what's required to be categorized as "obese."

This is how the OP reads to me: My subjective preferences are right. If you disagree, you're wrong!

I'm not convinced that was the intent, but that's how it came off.

It isn't inconceivable that there are "chubby girls" out there that I would be attracted to. But, in general, that hasn't been the case. I generally find "fit girls" the most attractive. Not too skinny, not too chubby, not excessively muscular. The kind of girl that looks like she can run a 5k without too much difficulty. I'm not going to actively try to change my preferences just because they don't align with someone else's. That just happens to be what I'm most attracted to.

Also, there's a pretty big difference between "not finding chubby girls attractive" and "not finding chubby girls attractive and treating them like garbage as a result". Physical attraction does matter, and does at least partially dictate what kind of a relationship can form. I don't treat people like dirt because I'm not physically attracted to them...

I don't condone shaming someone because of their body type. But, I also don't condone shaming someone because their preferences are different from yours'.

Generally I find myself more envious of less bony looking women, in an ideal world I'd look like Nigella Lawson :) People who are going to be mean will pick on anything really whether it's your weight, preferences, sexuality .. just avoid them where possible and try not to stoop to their level.

I used to think chubby was cute, then I started getting the attention of hard bodied fit chicks. I can't seem to go back.

how about a depends button? not old man diapers mind you.

Chubbyness can be cute if the person wears the fat well, other times its off putting. Keep in mind this is just me, everyone has their turn ons, kinks, fetishes whatever

Also why no "mo layers mo betta button"? Are you racists against fat chicks? (Im aware that fat isnt a race)

Update: Nevermind, it's called "american"

My girlfriend is not exactly skinny and has a few bulges in places besides the expected. And I couldn't love her any other way to be honest. However most of her weight is muscles (she's stronger than I am) so I wouldn't say she's overweight

Liquidacid23:

eh this kind of crap gets me... you know the media itself has no opinion right? the media's whole job is to show things that the majority want to look at it's how they make their money... if the majority did not want to see skinny chicks the media would not be showing them all the time... it's a business for fuck sake it's not supposed to show you realistic things just the things the majority wants to see and hear... they have no agenda to push a specific body type they are just showing the public what it wants so they can make money... the media does not decide those women are "hot" the majority does and the media just plays off it

being mad at the media for putting hot skinny women all over is like being mad at a Bakery for putting up pictures of delicious cupcakes everywhere

I think there is a little bit of an agenda. It's not explicit and there isn't some evil genius in a business suit cackling because he makes ladies feel bad because he's purposely projecting an ideal into the mainstream consciousness (though that would be cool). Look at every home workout commercial or gym commercial or diet pill commercial or health based daytime talk show (which is a genre now). It's all about sales. It's who has the newest book/pill/doodad that will make you look like all the beautiful people on TV. Convincing people that they can attain attractiveness, and by extension, sex if they buy some product or service.

Pay close attention to the "experts" who come on the morning news and talk about what foods we shouldn't be eating. Namely, wait for the shameless plug for their course or book at the beginning or end of their interview. I know the majority of people like skinny and fit ladies and the polls have a tendency to reflect that. I think we're just saying that we go against the norm in what turns us on, and our numbers are not necessarily small.

Well... I really like cuddling so trying to cuddle next to a girl whose as boney as me tends to be painful. I like a nice healthy weight.

I love girls of all shapes and sizes. They don't even need to be healthy. I'm certainly not healthy.

...there's no poll option for me, so I didn't vote. Why do these polls never have options other than overweight or underweight? I like women who take care of themselves. Fit women. Not skinny, not chubby (though there are plenty of fit women who would be considered "hollywood chubby" who are very, very attractive to me).

Health is attractive. A good amount of lean muscle mass and a little healthy body fat (21-33%).

I usually prefer curves to angles, but I voted for "yeah if there a healthy size"

I usually prefer girls who have a bit of weight on them, but the lines between 'chubby' and 'fat' and so many other other size descriptions are so nebulous and subjective I try to use them as little as possible.

This is how it starts. We need to stop making "fat" or "Chubby" or "healthy" the mainstream body image. A overweight person is not "healthy". Find me one reason to justify the term "healthy" when used for a person beyond their normal weight. A 5'6" (Average) woman is considered "unhealthy" at 155 lbs. Now alot of people point to large breasted women and say, oh but she weighs 155 lbs, (The red head on Madmen). Well, each one of her E-F cup cans weighs about 15 lbs. So talking an average woman, with proportional size, 155 is overweight. Find me ONE accredited doctoral review that says it's healthy to be overweight. (Pregnant woman aside, where it is encouraged to "eat for two").

Main point being, stop trying to make fat beautiful. It's unhealthy, you KNOW it's unhealthy, but you're trying to change the perception to fit the lie. Stop eating, and go buy some running shoes. Or join a gym and use the pool. Or a spinning class. Don't sit inside, and attempt to make the case that big is beautiful on the internet, you're not burning fat.

Monique is not attractive, nor is Rosy O, nor is Kristy Alley, Queen Latifah, Val Kilmer, Alec Baldwin, Chastity Bono, or Kevin Smith.

There is nothing attractive to me about being able to see bones, if I can see your ribs or your hips I think you need to eat more and stop moaning about being cold (it's cos you ain't got a natural blubber coat sucka)

I like my woman to be a healthy medium. Not so big that she is unhealthy but not so small in which I can count her ribs. I'll explain so as to keep Eamar happy. I don't like ribs or six pack abs on a woman. My view is that the man should be hard and the woman soft. I think it's because of my personal views as the man should be the guardian of the family and the woman being soft so that she is relaxed and comfortable in the protection of her man. Though, she should also have enough pride in herself (and, hopefully but not a necessary reason) a desire to appear attractive to her man which would drive her to keep herself at weight which keeps her appearance comfortably presentable. By that, I mean, that her belly should be smaller than her chest. I hope that gives you an idea of the range that I prefer.

Most guys (and girls) are looking for a significant other who takes care of themselves.
IE: A healthy body, not too skinny or fat.

I have a hard time finding a "hot" or "perfect" woman appealing. I believe it's our imperfections which make us interesting, it's what sets us apart visually.

Popadoo:
As long as it's not to the point it'll effect their health or fitness, then sure, curves are fine.

Exactly this. Skinny can be fine, but curves... Oh, curves on a woman are sexy. While I know appearance is only secondary for a good relationship, thankfully my girlfriend is not only sweet, nerdy, and smarter than me, but she has very healthy curves. Which, really, is a nice bonus. Not required, but nice.

Sure, chubby is nice. But some people - maybe not you per se, OP, but some, need to see that Morbidly obese =/= 'chubby', ya know? I like some meat on the old bones, but I'm not attracted to jabba the hutt.

I don't think chubby is cute. I also don't think chubby is not cute. It's the girl that's cute, not her weight. You talk about people that get hung up on a person's weight, yet here you are, making a thread about it.

Also, a spelling/grammar check couldn't hurt and I don't like your poll options. It's either I agree with you or you disapprove of my choice, which isn't even listed.

slypizza:
Case in point: Chubby is cute too and you shouldn't down it

Also, that's an opinion. People's opinions vary and variety is the spice of life, so don't put other people opinions down just because they don't line up with your viewpoint.

What I am doing is disagreeing with you(and offering ways to improve your future posts) and not saying that you shouldn't down a girl because she isn't chubby. To be fair, you never actually said that, but it seems implied so I'll stick with it.

Are these chubby girls into me? Cause that's really going to effect my opinion.

Of course Chubby can be cute too. But that depends to whom. Personally i don't really like chubby girls, because i didn't really chose what i find attractive :/. People like different things. I do get annoyed when people judge me when I say i'm not into chubby or bigger persons (not saying the OP is doing that ofcourse).

And my captcha was: lardy-dardy !

*sigh* I hate this damn wave of tween girls who have the same amount of emotional integrity and character-development of a black hole.

If you're below what the current social media's, nay, generation's consideration of what attractive is, then that's it, end of story. If you're chubbier, your not going to be as attractive as a person who is skinnier. On the same token, if your facial design is undesirable, you can be as skinny or chubby as you want, you're not going to be as attractive as someone with more attractive facial features. People aren't just making this stuff up, attractivness is always a collective mind-set shared at SOME level by everyone. Weight just happens to be one of these issues. I doubt there is many that find obese, heck, even just fat people attractive, and if there are it is a negligible number, and on this site I believe it is just non-existent. Chubby is a grey area, but it's just that, a grey area.

Hot women are hot. Ugly women are ugly. Fat women are fat. Skinny women are skinny. Deal with it.

I think Adele is just the right size. And shes f'ing adorable too.

I LIKE GIRL THAT ARE HEALTHY and don't mind me leaving the cap lock on.

slypizza:

Bradeck:
This is how it starts. We need to stop making "fat" or "Chubby" or "healthy" the mainstream body image. A overweight person is not "healthy". Find me one reason to justify the term "healthy" when used for a person beyond their normal weight. A 5'6" (Average) woman is considered "unhealthy" at 155 lbs. Now alot of people point to large breasted women and say, oh but she weighs 155 lbs, (The red head on Madmen). Well, each one of her E-F cup cans weighs about 15 lbs. So talking an average woman, with proportional size, 155 is overweight. Find me ONE accredited doctoral review that says it's healthy to be overweight. (Pregnant woman aside, where it is encouraged to "eat for two").

Main point being, stop trying to make fat beautiful. It's unhealthy, you KNOW it's unhealthy, but you're trying to change the perception to fit the lie. Stop eating, and go buy some running shoes. Or join a gym and use the pool. Or a spinning class. Don't sit inside, and attempt to make the case that big is beautiful on the internet, you're not burning fat.

Monique is not attractive, nor is Rosy O, nor is Kristy Alley, Queen Latifah, Val Kilmer, Alec Baldwin, Chastity Bono, or Kevin Smith.

look retard for the most part of why I even posted this topic( which I'm starting to regret) was because I wanted to see other peoples opinions and view points and big is beautiful when I sleep at night I want a partner who wouldn't snap in half if I so much as leaned on her hip too hard you talk about how big isn't beautiful but neither his skinny people I've seen 70d year olds looking like pencils thinking thats the in look I'm truly sick of the media and peoples mind sets on this girls wearing pants up to there vagina, jeans so skinny I could put my arm through it, everyone is beautiful in there own way and as far goes a doctor review? I think doctors know about as much as a history teacher knows about God. being over weight isn't good but being bone skinny is even worse and at least girls who have some meat on them can lift some weight unlike those who can't even hold a empty cardboard box for more then 5 minutes..

There isn't a decided textbook on what is hot and what is ugly. Individuals decide what is attractive and what is not. This generation clearly desires th skinnier, fit, and on the less intelligent side of the scale. If you are so thick-headed that you're throwing around slanders like "retard" at someone for having their own opinion (which I consider far more comprehensible and valid than yours) then I seriously doubt you will find anyone, skinny or "chubby", that will agree with you.

I most-prefer healthy. That said, I'd take the 10-pound heavier version of a girl over a 10-pound lighter version any day. Girls that look like sticks...just aren't that attractive to me, despite being the type of girl I attract a lot.

slypizza:

Bradeck:

look retard for the most part of why I even posted this topic( which I'm starting to regret) was because I wanted to see other peoples opinions and view points and big is beautiful when I sleep at night I want a partner who wouldn't snap in half if I so much as leaned on her hip too hard you talk about how big isn't beautiful but neither his skinny people I've seen 70d year olds looking like pencils thinking thats the in look I'm truly sick of the media and peoples mind sets on this girls wearing pants up to there vagina, jeans so skinny I could put my arm through it, everyone is beautiful in there own way and as far goes a doctor review? I think doctors know about as much as a history teacher knows about God. being over weight isn't good but being bone skinny is even worse and at least girls who have some meat on them can lift some weight unlike those who can't even hold a empty cardboard box for more then 5 minutes..

That may have been your intent, to infact say "Skinny is not beautiful to me" but the title of this thread, and many others like it, is "Chubby is cute too". Which I might add, are two completely different arguments. And no where did I say Heroine-sheik is the perfect way to be. I simply said, stop trying to make a unhealthy style acceptable through the use of physical judgement. For the same reason we don't say "smoking is beautiful" or "walking down south bronx with a sign that says BLACKS ARE INFERIOR is beautiful". They are unhealthy lifestyle choices, and do NOT need promotion.

Secondly, don't call me or others retards, it makes you look childish and foolish. Call me dick, asshole, jerk, dbag, a member of the Bush family, Arlen Specter, or shit head. Much easier to malign people of those groups, then an unfortunate mental dysfunction.

Bradeck:

That may have been your intent, to infact say "Skinny is not beautiful to me" but the title of this thread, and many others like it, is "Chubby is cute too". Which I might add, are two completely different arguments. And no where did I say Heroine-sheik is the perfect way to be. I simply said, stop trying to make a unhealthy style acceptable through the use of physical judgement. For the same reason we don't say "smoking is beautiful" or "walking down south bronx with a sign that says BLACKS ARE INFERIOR is beautiful". They are unhealthy lifestyle choices, and do NOT need promotion.

Secondly, don't call me or others retards, it makes you look childish and foolish. Call me dick, asshole, jerk, dbag, a member of the Bush family, Arlen Specter, or shit head. Much easier to malign people of those groups, then an unfortunate mental dysfunction.

The entire discussion on the R word is another thread entirely and I think we all know he wasn't referring to those with neurological handicaps. He got warned by the mods anyways. I don't think that this thread is about whether it's healthy or not. I believe that was generally understood. However, weight is difficult to lose and accepting yourself for who you are isn't necessarily a bad thing. Lots of things are unhealthy, say for example, being stressed out and depressed because one is fat and won't do anything about it. Honestly, I find smoking to be kind of sexy, too. It's horribly unhealthy and if a loved one did it, I'd want them to stop, so I wouldn't have to watch him/her die of lung cancer. Seeing a hot girl light up in a public square, hair blowing in the wind, and shooting smoke out her nose is pretty dang sexy. I've also made out with a smoker and I liked how it tasted. It's different. A detail. A nuance.

We're not "promoting" anything. Overweight or chubby, I assure you, is not the "mainstream body image." If a girl is fat, it can be kind of a turn on. Give it a shot. All I'm saying anyways. I can't speak for the group.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here