Unpopular Opinions

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . . . 26 NEXT

Relish in Chaos:

I'm not being arrogant; I'm probably the least arrogant person you'll meet, due to my self-loathing. And I've learnt that human beings are the worst critics of themselves, so yeah, I'm not excluding anyone, including myself, from my criticism. It's hard to describe, but I can't just stop liking my family and my small number of friends at the drop of a hat, otherwise I'd just be an insane, sociopathic hermit. But it's very hard to have even the slightest drop of optimism when I look at the world, all the poverty, the corruption, the innocent suffering while the guilty thrive, bad things that happen to people with seemingly no explanation, etc.

So yes, I am inclined to believe that optimists are simply people that haven't received the brunt of life and have generally lived a good and bad luck-free life. And while you may reply and say, "It could be worse", I reply, "It could be better."

Thats quite a presumptuous thing to say. Many optimists have had shit happen to them i imagine would make your experiences look trivial and remain positive because thats how to enjoy life and in my view if youre not enjoying life youre wasting it. If you like these people surely there must be something there worth liking and therefor something worth a damn in the world. If you can carve a bit of happiness in an apparent "sea of hate" then it cant be all bad.

Ive had some pretty attrocious things happen to me your average person wouldnt have. I almost lost my father to cancer when i was 12. It came back a few times. I almost lost my mother to suicide twice over the last 2 years. The second one was pretty horrific... but i shant go into details here... the fact is that if all this crap covrered the good then im letting my life be wasted.

Relish in Chaos:
snip

Wow, aren't you just a miserable, angry little wretch? Having kids is bad people! We have been enlightened! Now if you said teenagers and high schoolers, hell even college students, having kids, then I'd be right on board. Big time. But, I apologize, this is to express nasty opinions, not get torn a new one for them, so if we're going for most anger-provoking...

OT: Religion is terrible. It has made rifts in civilization, caused countless deaths, breeds anger, hate and prejudice, and is constantly waved around to prove that someone is better than someone else. And yes, atheists are just as bad. Religion has no place in public, and especially no place in the government.

ace_of_something:
I'm against both the death penalty and (generally) abortion. Both are common stances but rarely together people who are against one are usually for the other (which makes no goddamn sense to me)

I honestly want to ask why it doesn't make sense? I'm for the death penalty and against abortion (most of the time, and always excepting rape, I can't even fathom keeping that child). To me, the death penalty is justice. Death for death. Abortion is (again, to me) destroying a fetus that will become a child, your own child, and all because you wanted to be stupid about sex. That's no reason to stop a life from being made. The worst part is the idiot who doesn't abort will often keep the child instead of giving it a chance at an adult home and ignore parents or whatever else. A kid can't raise a kid. It's a messed up situation.

Damn I did it again, this is for expressing controversial opinions, not arguing them.

I think police should be able to beat and torture prisoners as much as they want. without trouble, Prisons should be deadly and be treated as Torture houses.

Also hitting someone elses kid because he is a spoilt bitch or a arsehole to people should be all right

the Death Penalty should be applied everywhere.

Flame shield isn't enough

LAVE SHEILD UP

AnarchistFish:

Well that isn't sexuality. Sexuality is to do with uncontrollable attractions and responses, not what you then do with them.

So just thoughts then? I think when churches whine about the evils over various "lifestyle choices" they aren't talking about "attractions." And I think when gay rights activists fight for gay marriage rights, they aren't talking about men who merely think about other men. If I think about having sex with my sister, does that make it incest? Or imagining having sex when I was underage makes me a pedophile? I have had attractions and responses to just about every type of human on the planet at one point or another, but that doesn't make me "pansexual." Sexuality isn't a hypothetical. At least not to me.

Woodsey:
GTA IV is crap in almost every conceivably way to me.

I believe this opinion is fact (you dont need to add the `to me` part in there though)

I believe that if a jobs worth doing it should be done for free if its not worth doing dont do it.

I believe people are not equal and we shouldnt pretend they are or that one group of people is somehow superior/inferior/equal to another.

The pursuit of money is a pointless waste of existence.

I believe that a cat should be the next prime minister.

people should pay taxes to me instead of the government.

Rowan93:

I don't just disapprove of religious people, I think Deists are silly too. Also, agnostics are really annoying.

No belief deserves any respect, except perhaps the respect it earns. Respect can be earned by being right.

I see you fail to mention atheists, the ones who think that they are the only ones with higher cognitive functions. Agnostic at least acknowledges that NO ONE has any proof whatsoever of anything, so we should all shut up about it.

I think Woman who want the removal of sexism in games with a historical setting I.E middle ages, or inspired by the middle ages to be whining and politically correct.

The Same counts for every -ism
Destroying things because the old opinions in it don't fit with modern times is wrong.
If you actually think we should destroy everything with dated opinions or opinions that are part of a setting.
Screw you is all i have to say to you.
We would have to ban the bible Because hey it portrays woman as baby machines chained to the kitchen right?
People like you want my country to ban black Pete because where you come from going blackface is bad while here it is how we dress up as black Pete the helper of our version of Santa.
Hell we don't even use paint that looks African-american we use coal or chocolate black.
you want us to remove the fact from the history books that Holland became powerful through colonization.
You want us to modify the golden chariot the most important part of our culture the symbol of our economic power because one of the paintings is racist.
You want to destroy art because it has become racist.
Screw any and all politically dumb asses with their heads up their asses who thinks like this.

*Triple flame shield up and runs into a bunker*

I think we should euthanize mentally retarded people from birth. I'm not trolling, I'm not being cruel, it's a lot more humane to just put them down more instead of letting nature take it's course. If the parents want to keep it, fine, let them. If they don't, let them get rid of it. Also abortions should be totally legal. Again I'm not trolling, I'm 100% serious.

Vault101:

BlakBladz:

I believe people need discipline, which is why I'd rather live in the past. People say 'what of disease? shit living conditions? this that and the other' eh. Shit happens.

I'd love to see if you would still be as eager if you really were living in whatever era you want

and disipline from doing what exactally?

Doesn't matter how they get it, just that they get it.
Realise that your parents aren't usually wrong. Realise that most material possession is pointless. I admit I like some material goods (my crappy laptop. My Warhammer models. My buddha statue...), but when people bitch about wanting the latest tech it makes me sick.

Actually do your chores. Actually get a job. Actually live in a clean house. If you date someone (boy or girl) do it because you care about them. Don't cheat on them. If you say you're going to lose weight - DO IT.

I can go on.

As far as the past goes, chosen era or what not. None of it is perfect. None of it perfectly fits my preference. So I would complain no matter where I end up, but it can't be worse than the 21st.
Bitching and moaning, I know, but I've been told by a few people that my mind set doesn't suit our lifestyle and culture.

zelda2fanboy:
I don't think gas prices are really that high. It's not going to significantly effect the economy and people's lifestyle choices until it gets to be about 7 bucks a gallon.

Erm, excuse me? You pay less than $7 per gallon? After doing a bit of converting, in the Uk we pay the equivalent of $9.5 per gallon.

I didn't like Star Wars all that much and i never even bothered to watch more than 10 minutes of Star Trek.

Th3Ch33s3Cak3:

I believe that all first world countrys should bring in a 1-child law and stop all child allowance, untill a small and self sustaining population has been achieved in those countrys.

EDIT: Also, I think the retirement age should be raised to 75.

To expand on my third statement: Some first world countrys(Japan, Germany, Great Britain, ect...) can't grow enough food to sustain their population. I think this is very unsustainable, as if every country were to become like this, then a world food crisis would follow. I understand that some countrys already have a negative population growth(Germany, Japan) but imigration could solve that problem, allowing the population to reamain stable. Also, if the 1-child law was enacted, then first world countrys could allow more immigrants into the country, and offering them a better life.

In short, population density and food production is a mjor problem in many first world European countrys.

You do realize that, in general, first world countries are only seeing population growth where there has been a high influx of immigrants, coming from parts of the world spared your conditions and therefore making your idea pointless, right?

Besides, Europe and North America have been letting in plenty of immigrants and, owing to native populations distrusting the new guys and the new guys often refusing to even try and integrate, open door multi-cultural policy has been a fucking mess. I realize that isn't how it works in Australia, but it has been elsewhere.

OT: I believe intellectuals to be stupider than most people. They never leave academia and yet they insist that they should rule the world. I wouldn't put them in charge of a hot-dog stand.

I'm an atheist, but that isn't the unpopular opinion, in fact, it seems to be internet normal, rather the unpopular part is among atheists and as follows : I don't hold poeple who believe in a God in contempt, or lose a ton of respect for them when I find out they aren't jsut like me. The reason for this is that I am not a pointless misanthrope.

I also, being a Canadian, am actually rather fond of America. It seems normal to think the Americans are a race of Satans, but this is, in fact, wrong, and so are those who think so because they are jealous that they lost their country's empires so pathetically.

Command and Conquer 4 was pretty good, actually, and ended the Tiberium storyline on a strong note.

-flame shield-

*FLAME SHIELD ENGAGED*

I hate lots of things. LOTS of things. Here we go:

I despise rappers and rap music, given the low skill required and the lack of original content from that scene of music.
I don't understand or like pop music, given how much of it sounds recycled and purely "samey".
I despise anyone that tells me they've been through more / seen more than I have / are more mature / you just don't understand - don't fucking tell me that. Back up your points. Reference actual events. Provide a logical and credible argument.
I hate bronies. I don't understand my little pony or its apparently endless appeal. I couldn't get past the title sequence without feeling my testicles physically shrinking inside me and my new vagina growing.
I hate teenagers, despite having to be one. All the endless drama and bullshit over what will be considered nothing worth remembering in a few short months or even weeks time.
I dislike modern fashion - anyone who does up their top button out in public is generally someone I don't want to know or be linked with.
I don't like people who make their sexuality their personality. This is true from douchebags who make sex their only pursuit in life, to gay men who do nothing but talk about penises in conversation. Shut the fuck up. No-one wants to hear it. Get an actual personality.
Religion is the most backward and terrible thing for humanity right now, excluding perhaps communism in North Korea / China and the military regimes in various parts of the world.

"phew" I'm done for now, I think. And yes, I'm prepared to accept a mod warning for this post, but I will not "write-down" how I feel, thanks.

Woodsey:

Sometimes I consider Far Cry 2 to be a work of near-genius. (It depends on what mood I'm in.)

I always consider far cry 2 to be a work of genius. Despite it's 2 glaring flaws, vehicle control on PC and respawning checkpoints, I thought the game was absolutely beautiful, in just about every way. Story, gameplay, enviroments, etc.

I am excitedly looking forward to Far Cry 3, have only seen one trailer, but it looks like they are keeping it faithful to far cry 2, while making the needed improvements.

kasperbbs:
I didn't like Star Wars all that much and i never even bothered to watch more than 10 minutes of Star Trek.

I used to like Star Wars but now I hate it and I've never seen Star Trek.

Anyway, on a more serious note, parents who can't look after their children properly (not just beating, even the stupid ones that shout obscenities at their kids in public. We've all seen them) should have their children taken away from them.
Also, everyone who wants euthanasia or an abortion should get one.
I believe police should be allowed to use guns (I'm English, so the police I know can't. It would've helped during the riots.)
And finally, any parents who hit their kids should be punished. That's not going to help anyone, it's just making your children more violent and therefore continuing the vicious cycle.

Xangba:

Rowan93:

I don't just disapprove of religious people, I think Deists are silly too. Also, agnostics are really annoying.

No belief deserves any respect, except perhaps the respect it earns. Respect can be earned by being right.

I see you fail to mention atheists, the ones who think that they are the only ones with higher cognitive functions. Agnostic at least acknowledges that NO ONE has any proof whatsoever of anything, so we should all shut up about it.

Most atheists are agnostic by definition but it's too much hassle to explain it to every person. The accepted definition for atheist these days is just "doesn't believe in a god"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectrum_of_theistic_probability

Most are 6 on the Dawkins Scale, I would say I am.

I think romantic love is kinda pointless. I'm aromantic, so I don't feel romantic attraction, but all I've seen and experienced of it just seems to be confusing and occasionally painful. Nothing against those who are in love with someone, I just have no idea why you'd bother.

I think the idea of having a Constitution is stupid and democratically limiting.

I think that only farmers and gun clubs (this is just for civilians, the army and police can keep their guns) should be able to have guns, in the farmers case they should only have shotguns for shooting pests like rabbits and must keep the gun in a safe, and the gun clubs must keep the guns locked on their premises.

I think that blood sports are totally immoral (I include recreational fishing in this) and I really worry about the kind of people who enjoy them.

I think that equality is more important than freedom (because I think true freedom is only accomplishable after we achieve total equality).

I think that communism is the ideal way to run a country.

I don't think that personal freedoms are sacred things that must not be violated, I'm perfectly happy to remove certain personal freedoms for the good of society (see the gun control thing above).

Edit: And I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion, but the way that men and women have different types of clothing and it is UNACCEPTABLE for people to cross those gender/fashion lines is fucking ridiculous.

Oh, and I think we should have totally open borders, let in all immigrants if they want to come in.

BiscuitTrouser:

Relish in Chaos:

I'm not being arrogant; I'm probably the least arrogant person you'll meet, due to my self-loathing. And I've learnt that human beings are the worst critics of themselves, so yeah, I'm not excluding anyone, including myself, from my criticism. It's hard to describe, but I can't just stop liking my family and my small number of friends at the drop of a hat, otherwise I'd just be an insane, sociopathic hermit. But it's very hard to have even the slightest drop of optimism when I look at the world, all the poverty, the corruption, the innocent suffering while the guilty thrive, bad things that happen to people with seemingly no explanation, etc.

So yes, I am inclined to believe that optimists are simply people that haven't received the brunt of life and have generally lived a good and bad luck-free life. And while you may reply and say, "It could be worse", I reply, "It could be better."

Thats quite a presumptuous thing to say. Many optimists have had shit happen to them i imagine would make your experiences look trivial and remain positive because thats how to enjoy life and in my view if youre not enjoying life youre wasting it. If you like these people surely there must be something there worth liking and therefor something worth a damn in the world. If you can carve a bit of happiness in an apparent "sea of hate" then it cant be all bad.

Ive had some pretty attrocious things happen to me your average person wouldnt have. I almost lost my father to cancer when i was 12. It came back a few times. I almost lost my mother to suicide twice over the last 2 years. The second one was pretty horrific... but i shant go into details here... the fact is that if all this crap covrered the good then im letting my life be wasted.

I know it's presumptuous, but from my observations, most of the optimists I personally know have had a pretty good run at life. Also, bad is subjective, so something like, for a wild example (sorry if this is too sensitive, but I'm just trying to make a point), your mother and sister are involved in a mugging and your mother dies from a stab wound, while your sister survives, heals and subsequently devotes herself to becoming the greatest boxer in the world. Is that good or bad? Some people would just lay down, be depressed and possibly even commit suicide, not to mention that boxing can be a dangerous sport and you wouldn't want to lose two relatives like that, while others would see the mugging as good because it motivated their sister to success, even though their mother died for it.

Sometimes, people just feel so trapped, empty and alone, as if nothing can save or help them, so I can't blame myself or others for being so pessimistic, even if it's potentially depressing and self-destructive.

Hmm. Anyway, my opinion may change in sometime, as I'm on a waiting list for CBT.

orangeban:
And I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion, but the way that men and women have different types of clothing and it is UNACCEPTABLE for people to cross those gender/fashion lines is fucking ridiculous.

No, I think that's pretty popular, especially among those who support trans rights. I also think it's quite a double standard that it's perfectly acceptable for women to wear men's clothes like trousers and stuff, but it's frowned upon for men to wear women's clothes like skirts and crop tops, lest they get homophobic expletives hurled at them.

I don't like people who think they are 'fighting against the system'. People in things liky the occupy protests or the London Rioters who decided 'the people are fighting back'

Many people seem to want to be in a revolution or some sort of dramatic change. Big news: You're not in a revolution, your actions are disruptive, sometimes violent and while some of you have intelligent points to make, you're part of a mob, a mob is not intelligent, it siezes upon a target and doesn't care who is right or wrong. People in occupy protests claiming they fight capitalism gets on my wick because capitalism is not a bad thing, just being abused at the moment, you're going competely the wrong way about making a lasting point.

Another unpopular opinion: People who are 'too indie to ever be mainstream' are really annoying dicks. Theres nothing wrong with being mainstream, theres nothing wrong with being indie too but shunning anything with the mainstream tag on it because its not indie is stupid. You deny yourself good things and in fact, reverse your personal perceptions of the two opposites, your indie becomes your mainstream. I know lots of people like this who refuse to buy AAA titles but lap up any and all indie games, deciding they are the best thing since sliced bread. Theres a place for both.

Another unpopular opinion (in some places): I think a Constitutional Monarchy (UK government system of monarch and parliament) is a much better form of government than a Republic (USA, France, Germany, and many more all elected). I think that heads of state are better if they are a constant in their country, yet still regulated by elected officials. In the UK, every law change or parliamentary thing is passed to the Queen to accept or deny, but parliament could hold a referendum on abolishing the monarchy if it wanted to.

I think it is better because sometimes the general public does not always make the best decision (another unpopular opinion) so having a constant head of state answerable to parliament but not subject to the whims of the general public, who can be fickle, support for the monarchy wavered at a couple of times in the 90s but returned in strength. Doing this allows a head of state to act in the interests of good but can be stopped by the government if they abuse their power. A head of state who can establish and maintain a reputation for dignity and gain respect from their peers is a good thing.

S1leNt RIP:

Woodsey:

S1leNt RIP:

Edit: Oh, and anyone living in America who rages to ANY DEGREE about the "1%". They piss me off! "Rah rah, 1% is evil rah rah, I live better than KINGS of the past. I have nature bent to my will. In summer I am cool, in winter I am warm. I am part of the 1% historically, and right now I'm part of the top 5% alive." UGH!!! Hate that! Who CARES if someone has more money than you! Who CARES what they are doing with it, because when it comes down to it you are just as selfish as those people! Seriously, how many of those same people gave to a charity or non-profit that week? The month? My money is on most of them being hypocritical douche bags!

Many of those people are arguing about the fact that they have very little in the way of financial security and are penalised financially at the expense of the unimaginably rich getting richer. And your response is: "when's the last time they gave money away?"

Congratulations, because my jaw just hit the fucking floor. I mean, there are arguments against the Occupy movement which I fundamentally disagree with, but I don't think I've ever seen one quite as non-sensical as that.

THEY don't have financial security?! Forgive me if I haven't had the intricacies of the Occupy movement explained to me before by a person who actually holds them, but if they are going to complain about people being fantastically wealthy, then they better not be fantastically wealthy as well (which relative to 95% of people alive, they are [95% is partially made up, it could be closer to 90%]) or they are hypocrites. Is that argument invalid somehow? That if these people, who live in America, are complaining about a wealth inequality, then they should be working to shrink all inequalities in wealth?

It seems to me like the Occupy movement is mainly about people wanting less for other so they can have more FOR THEMSELVES. At least that's how I've seen it portrayed.

How do you see the movement?

A protest against the power held by that 1%, against how they acquire their money more than the fact that they actually have it (and how they get it is often by shitting on the people beneath them), and the fact that their whims set everyone else's fate in motion. And then, yes, that leads into concerns about financial security.

"or they are hypocrites."

No, they aren't. Just because other people in other countries endure ridiculously sub-standard levels of living does not mean anyone 'above' them (but still living a sub-standard life) has no right to complain.

People near the poverty line (and there are a lot of them in the States - and below it as well) should not be the ones trying to pull others above it.

"At least that's how I've seen it portrayed."

By Fox 'News', no doubt.

RicoGrey:

Woodsey:

Sometimes I consider Far Cry 2 to be a work of near-genius. (It depends on what mood I'm in.)

I always consider far cry 2 to be a work of genius. Despite it's 2 glaring flaws, vehicle control on PC and respawning checkpoints, I thought the game was absolutely beautiful, in just about every way. Story, gameplay, enviroments, etc.

I am excitedly looking forward to Far Cry 3, have only seen one trailer, but it looks like they are keeping it faithful to far cry 2, while making the needed improvements.

The thing is, all the inherent mechanical problems with it would seem to be a detriment, and yet in terms of what they seemed to want to do with the plot, it all fits. The idea is how farcical the conflict is, and how just drags people in and they just get stuck in it until they die. And the game's mechanical 'failings' certainly contribute to that feeling.

Relish in Chaos:

orangeban:
And I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion, but the way that men and women have different types of clothing and it is UNACCEPTABLE for people to cross those gender/fashion lines is fucking ridiculous.

No, I think that's pretty popular, especially among those who support trans rights. I also think it's quite a double standard that it's perfectly acceptable for women to wear men's clothes like trousers and stuff, but it's frowned upon for men to wear women's clothes like skirts and crop tops, lest they get homophobic expletives hurled at them.

Yeah, when I ask people about they seem to agree that's it's stupid. Which begs the question as to why we still have this arbitrary gender divide. I think people just can't be bothered to actually change it. Inertia 'n' stuff like that.

shintakie10:
To add to the pedophile one, any form of pornography that doesn't involve actual people (such as animated stuff) should be completely legal to produce and consume. If no one is actually hurt in the makin of the product, no one should be punished for havin it.

I fully agree with this one.I would actually say that child pornography laws need to be changed because some of the stuff covered under these laws is frankly ridiculous.For example

Drawings/animated scenes showing underage person involved in sexual scenario - not child porn
18+ actress portraying someone under the age of consent in a sexual scene - not child porn

Yet both these things are classified as child porn in certain countries and are therefore illegal despite there being no actual children involved

Are you a magical flying space hippy-cat made of cheese flavoured with brick?

If not, YOU'RE DEAD TO ME.

I don't really care about all the injustice and poverty in the world. That's not really an unpopular opinion, since 90% of people in developed countries seem to secretly share it, it's simply that I don't try to pretend otherwise or convince myself that, other than a brief pang of guilt, I genuinely care for a starving child I have never met.

Also, I am deeply skeptical of the ways in which we are expected to show love for another person (i.e. marrying and staying together forever, that sort of thing). Relationships have a separate life of their own, and like all life, they must eventually age, wither, and be allowed to die when it becomes appropriate. I'm not convinced that people should really aim to be with one person for the rest of their lives.

Arontala:
Goddamn, you guys are edgy as fuck.

I wish I could be half as cool as most of you.

I like the sarcasm, but this thread is for the unpopular opinions. There's a reason they're unpopular. So everyone here is going to appear dark and edgy. Sorry bout that.

I have no idea why people are so against change, difference or new things. To me, you either learn to adapt, change and continue on with the world or get left behind.

Sure the familiar is comforting, but you should learn that things will never stay the same.

Da Orky Man:

Erm, excuse me? You pay less than $7 per gallon? After doing a bit of converting, in the Uk we pay the equivalent of $9.5 per gallon.

Exactly. People in America get up in arms when it's about 4 or 5 dollars a gallon. It's really not that bad, in my unpopular opinion. Sharing slight differences in gas prices is like a national pastime - like I care if someone paid ten cents less than me. I guess Europeans need to learn how to complain more.

Man, China isn't real.

I think that conservatism is a mental disorder. Just think of it: things are invented to solve problems of the past, and in the rare cases that they create new problems there will always be new inventions solve those problems. Why the hell would you stick to old ideas, you are basically disadvantaging yourself by doing so. So basically I believe that progressive thinking is always, always, always superior to conservative thinking.

As long as current scientific research into the subject isn't disproven, homosexuality is natural, and anyone that thinks otherwise is wrong.

If you think belief in God is justified because you can't prove He doesn't exist, justifies any religion, that is only supported by indirect evidence, that ever existed, that currently exists and that will ever exist. In fact, it justifies all current Doomsday theories, almost all conspiracy theories.

I also think religion would eventually cease to exist if all nations in the world had similar levels of welfare and were equally advanced.

Burning a book isn't a form of free speech.

The bombings of Nagasaki and Hiroshima were unnecessary.

You are not an anti-semite if you dislike Israel, or more specfically Israel's current government. Furthermore, I feel the need to give zionists that defend Israel's policies a new name: Nazionists.

Free speech should be regulated in such a way that hate speech is punished. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_T%C3%A9l%C3%A9vision_Libre_des_Mille_Collines

Obama isn't a bad president, or at least a better president than Bush.

Liberal doesn't equal left-wing.

On a gaming/cinema related note:

Most Elder Scrolls fans who dislike Oblivion/Skyrinm do so because they are blinded by nostalgia from Morrowind/Daggerfall.

Most Fallout fans who dislike Fallout 3/Fallout New Vegas do so because they are blinded by... ^

Most Mass Effect fans who dislike Mass Effect 2/Mass Effect 3 (minus the ending) do so... ^

Most Neverwinter Nights fans who dislike Neverwinter Nights 2... ^

Most fans of the Witcher 1 who dislike the Witcher 2... ^^

Most Shooter fans who dislike modern-day Shooters... ^^^

Most Star Wars fans who dislike the Prequels... ^^^^

Most... no wait ALL MMO-fans who dislike the MMORPGs that have recently been released or that will be released this year ARE UTTERLY BLINDED BY BLATANT, IGNORANT, IRRATIONAL NOSTALGIA! [B]THAT IS A FACT, NOW DEAL WITH IT![/B}

/rant finished

Matthew94:
Actually I would think taking care of a vegetable child would destroy the parents lives. They are caring for something that will never ever be able to do anything normally and will never even be able to reciprocate their love, it will just drool and need constant care.

And yes, it is selfish. They are costing the state thousands for something that can't even think which could have went towards people who have a chance in life.

To be brutally honest, they would be better off with a dog.

You've obviously never had a child or had an honest conversation with someone in the situation. "It" as you continually refer to them, is someone's child and the joy they bring into the parents' lives, however short, is something any parent would tell you is worth all the pain and difficulty in the world.

But, hey, who am I. Go ahead and continue to act above it all. I'm sure one day when you actually face the realities of life, maybe even have a child of your own, this cute little facade of yours will drop right off. We all know your type and we've all meet people exactly like you before--the teen that knows the "harsh truths"--and without fail, life kicks them in the teeth and they grow up eventually. Usually around the time they move out of their parent's house, lol.

novixz:
I think we should euthanize mentally retarded people from birth.

Yeeeaaah, you obviously don't know what mental retardation is. First starters, mental retardation is defined as a being slowed in your ability to learn; it doesn't mean you cannot learn and live a productive life. Secondly, the majority of mentally retarded people cannot be diagnosed as such until they are much older than a newborn, as it requires one to study the individual's ability to learn and to parse out their I.Q. (legally, to be mentally retarded one must posses an I.Q. below 80, but it varies from place to place).

Maybe knowing the basics of what you are trying to discuss before engaging in said discussion would benefit you.

Grey Day for Elcia:

Matthew94:
Actually I would think taking care of a vegetable child would destroy the parents lives. They are caring for something that will never ever be able to do anything normally and will never even be able to reciprocate their love, it will just drool and need constant care.

And yes, it is selfish. They are costing the state thousands for something that can't even think which could have went towards people who have a chance in life.

To be brutally honest, they would be better off with a dog.

You've obviously never had a child or had an honest conversation with someone in the situation. "It" as you continually refer to them, is someone's child and the joy they bring into the parents' lives, however short, is something any parent would tell you is worth all the pain and difficulty in the world.

But, hey, who am I. Go ahead and continue to act above it all. I'm sure one day when you actually face the realities of life, maybe even have a child of your own, this cute little facade of yours will drop right off. We all know your type and we've all meet people exactly like you before--the teen that knows the "harsh truths"--and without fail, life kicks them in the teeth and they grow up eventually. Usually around the time they move out of their parent's house, lol.

Ad hominems, real classy.

I found an article about parents with a child with very heavy autism.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1116602/Why-face-truth-Having-autistic-child-wrecks-life-.html

Why can't we face the truth? Having an autistic child wrecks your life ...

three generations of lives - I include his own - wrecked, for ever, by his cussed condition.

His parents, let us call them Cath and John, bear the brunt. Immediately after diagnosis, she beat herself senseless with blame; so many theories, each making it her fault.

Tom was bawling hysterically. Why? Because he had seen a bird. So, mostly, Cath and John stay at home.

Both their careers are over

They rarely go out together, for who else - other than one plucky grandmother - would, or even could, babysit this child?

Worst of all, the other babies, of whom Cath and John had dreamed, have been ruled out.

And that's only about half of the article. This child has destroyed his parents' life beyond repair and you still try and hold a moral high ground and say things like this bring joy into their parents lives? Clearly for some, this is not the case.

Matthew94:
words

Oh, I forgot how one case should define the rule for all. Kinda like how having a normal baby ruins some people lives, so we now made it illegal to have babies and euthanize any baby that is born- Oh wait, that's stupid.

You are so edgy and cool.

Matthew94:
*snip*

The Daily Mail. Article is wrong.

I have 2 autistic brothers. They annoy me sometimes, but they certainly don't deserve to die. And they've brought my parents great joy.

Grey Day for Elcia:

Matthew94:
words

Oh, I forgot how one case should define the rule for all. Kinda like how having a normal baby ruins some people lives, so we now made it illegal to have babies and euthanize any baby that is born- Oh wait, that's stupid.

You are so edgy and cool.

I didn't say euthanise them all, if they want to keep their vegetable then they should get healthcare cut off from it.

Also attacking me just makes your position weaker. You can't put forward a decent defence so you have to resort to childish attacks.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . . . 26 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked