AHHHHH FACEBOOK

Pages PREV 1 2

henritje:
it,s a fad in a year or two companies see it,s stupid and close or abandon the accounts.

a fad that's been successful for over 7 years, that has crushed things like it that came before, and when things like it came afterwards (eg google +), it was so popular it maitained it's position, a fad where everyone complains about redesigns, but still continue to use it. I'm not sure you're entirly certain what fad means.

OT: as people have said, buisnesses use it because that's where the people are, and people use it over a phone because it's free

doggy go 7:

henritje:
it,s a fad in a year or two companies see it,s stupid and close or abandon the accounts.

a fad that's been successful for over 7 years, that has crushed things like it that came before, and when things like it came afterwards (eg google +), it was so popular it maitained it's position, a fad where everyone complains about redesigns, but still continue to use it. I'm not sure you're entirly certain what fad means.

OT: as people have said, buisnesses use it because that's where the people are, and people use it over a phone because it's free

it,s big now but I don,t think it,s going to maintain popular (I hope)

slypizza:
Can someone please explain to me why everyone and there pet dog love facebook everywhere I go facebook , TV ads, movies, newspaper ads , even store owners having facebook pages instead of websites Geez myspace wasn't this popular especially in the general media what is it about facebook that people like it because I'm at the point where I want to scream every time I hear someone utter the word Facebook

Simple - coordination, it's a news feed of your social life and interests.

When you were making a party, you had to call everyone and make sure you didin't forget anyone. Now you just make an event on fb. University groups have their facebook gropus where people share notes and info. Developers you like post info about games via facebook. Various news outlets also often share more popular articles and news on their walls.

If you coordinate fb well, it becomes a "life feed" feeding you information on everything you want or need to know. It grew from being just a community site years ago. I publish barely any personal data there, and use it just to share interesting links with friends and it works, while I still have a bit of privacy. And it works. I hope now you understand why everyone is crazy about it ;)

I go on facebook more than I'd like to admit, because well, it's a genuinely useful communications tool. What bothers me is when people almost refuse to communicate in any other way.

Is it the hipster thing to hate successful websites again? I can never keep up.

It's a convenient way to keep in touch of mates without having to wait too long or pay for phone credit.

It's easier and it's free. Why would you host your own website (which is a hassle) when it's so much easier to have a facebook page?

But that's just businesses. Personally I have one because I can chat easier and organise events easier.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked