43% (179)
43% (179)
No
56.3% (234)
56.3% (234)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: So a man walks into a bar...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

nope i could never kill anything without a necessity involved such as my life is in danger, i'll starve to death, etc.

Nope. Not only would it be rather against my personal morals to kill a person I know nothing about when unprovoked... an influx of 5 million dollars is just asking for law enforcement to start asking questions. No chance of getting caught just doesn't exist in this world.

No, I don't think so. I'm not strapped for cash or anything and while 5 million is a shitton I don't think its worth killing a guy over. If I wanted it that badly then I'd probably just steal it while he wasn't looking.
Hey thats not that bad, I mean I'm depriving a man of funds he was planning to use to hire a hitman. Ethical and I get 5 million, win win as far as I'm concerned.

Does the person getting whacked deserve it? Really really reeeeeally deserve it? Like some corrupt pedophile government person who is out of the reach of the law? Otherwise no.

DANEgerous:
Slavers and tyrants must die! THEY MUST ALL DIE BY MY BLADE!

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

DOWN WITH THE WITH THE BLOODY RED QUEEN, FOR THE PEOPLE FOR FREEDOOOOOOOOOOM!

*cough* Got a little carried away there, but ultimately do I get to decide who to kill? Cause Kony's starting to look very much like a practice target.

Tufty94:
So a man walks into a bar holding a briefcase and he sits down right next to you. You guys start talking and you find out the case contains five million US dollars. He tells you that it's all your's if you do him just one favour. He wants you to kill someone. You don't know the person, you don't know anything about them and there is no chance of getting caught. Would you go for it?

Depends on how I have to kill them. If it is a push of a button type situation where I'm not really involved in the death then it's a lot easier, however having to hack or main someone, I don't think I could do it.

Nah, couldn't do it, goes against my moral code.
I'd probably ask who the said person was, then attempt to alert the authorities that someone wanted said person dead.

tobi the good boy:

OT: Flip a coin and go from there.

How on earth did you get the Joker badge and not the Two-Face badge from the Batman quiz?

Isn't it obvious?

The guy's a cop. It's a set-up.

I chose "no" in this hypothetical scenario. There are too many risks involved for it to be worth risking incarceration, death, or worse, even with a (supposedly) 0% chance of detection. Besides, if there is no chance of being caught, why doesn't this person do it? Are they just not capable of actually performing the act? Do they have a moral issue with performing the deed, but find the idea of subcontracting to be reasonable? Bah.

Tufty94:
So a man walks into a bar holding a briefcase and he sits down right next to you. You guys start talking and you find out the case contains five million US dollars. He tells you that it's all your's if you do him just one favour. He wants you to kill someone. You don't know the person, you don't know anything about them and there is no chance of getting caught. Would you go for it?

Fuck no. If I'd have the balls I'd fight the guy, otherwise I'd run, or If he's really scary and/or big I'd back away slowly and awkwardly.

Yes, without hesitation. Since I do not know the person, I probably will not care about this person. And since the military had me do worse things for worse pay, I can definitely live with it. And since I will not be caught...yes.

No.

I can't imagine myself trusting this person enough to be sure I'd get 5 mill for this.

To even consider killing someone I'd need to be sure. Though I probably wouldn't do it anyway...

captcha was 'change yourself'

THE INTERNET IS JUDGING US ALL

Wow. Almost everyone is either saying "Fuck yeah, I'd do it" or "No, because I'd get caught". Almost no one has answered "No, because IT'S NOT NICE TO FUCKING MURDER PEOPLE." This image seems appropriate:

Anyway, if it wasn't already obvious: My answer.

No, because it's NOT NICE TO FUCKING MURDER PEOPLE. OBVIOUSLY.

Expand the "Don't know the person," to "Don't know of the person," and I'm in.

Is this gonna be a 'box' type thing. Where the next person to accept the money has to kill me... etc.

6th And Silver:
Wow. Almost everyone is either saying "Fuck yeah, I'd do it" or "No, because I'd get caught". Almost no one has answered "No, because IT'S NOT NICE TO FUCKING MURDER PEOPLE." This image seems appropriate:

I don't think it's people pretending to be badass, it's people admitting they're greedy.

There's not a lot in this world I wouldn't do for 5mil.

Abandon4093:

6th And Silver:

I don't think it's people pretending to be badass, it's people admitting they're greedy.

Yeah, I don't think greed is really the issue. I'm just saying that there are things keeping us from murdering each other besides personal risk and money. That seems fairly obvious to me. I seriously doubt that so many people would commit murder without hesitation for the right amount of money. That's insane. In every possible sense of the word.

6th And Silver:

Abandon4093:

6th And Silver:

Yeah, I don't think greed is really the issue. I'm just saying that there are things keeping us from murdering each other besides personal risk and money. That seems fairly obvious to me. I seriously doubt that so many people would commit murder without hesitation for the right amount of money. That's insane. In every possible sense of the word.

Human nature would like a word with you.

People murder for a lot less, every day. You'd be surprised what people would do for that kind of money when push comes to shove.

Yes. Totally.

Abandon4093:

Human nature would like a word with you.

People murder for a lot less, every day. You'd be surprised what people would do for that kind of money when push comes to shove.

I'm so glad you said that. See, the great thing about "human nature" is that it's a totally nebulous concept. So however I choose to view human nature is just as valid as your view. Speaking of which:

Anyway, if we're really going to get into a debate about the inherent nature of humanity, I would also like to point out that if it was our "nature" to kill each other, we would obviously have gone extinct quite some time ago.

Abandon4093:
Is this gonna be a 'box' type thing. Where the next person to accept the money has to kill me... etc.

I was thinking of this example too when I read the OP - anyone that randomly hurls out $5 million in bars to strangers for killing someone clearly has a plan.

Although for what its worth, I would say no anyway - I have this thing, I believe its called empathy, that tells me that I would not like being murdered by some random guy, so I would not murder random guys either.

I'd say "Yeah, but we can't talk here" walk outside in to the alley then kill him and keep the money.

He was going to kill someone so i'm justified morally and I have no links to him as we just met, the perfect crime!

Rawne1980:
Make it pounds and we have a deal.

And then i'll give you 5 million reasons why I wouldn't feel bad about it.

If it's 5 million reasons does that mean you'd kill a man for one pound?

Anyway I wouldn't do it. I feel bad when I accidentally kill random AI citizens in sandbox games who are pretty much designed to annoy the hell out of you. I can't even imagine what actually killing someone would do to my mental state.

A much more pertinent question would be to ask people if they'd let the stranger spunk in their bum-hole for 5 million. That way people will be able to recognise whether or not they are whores.

usmarine4160:
Marines had me doing that crap for way less money so yes :P

This guy XD. Well I'd ask who it was first, I mean I did once try drugging the shit out of my stepdad XD

Tufty94:

i would say yes, take the gun, shoot the fucker that walked in a bar with a briefcase and a stupid wish and take the briefcase.

Yes, Give, Weapon, Where, Target, kthxbye pmforre

Bertylicious:
A much more pertinent question would be to ask people if they'd let the stranger spunk in their bum-hole for 5 million. That way people will be able to recognise whether or not they are whores.

5mil upfront and I'll do it in a public place yelling 'lol, 5mil ez money'

Sexy Devil:

Rawne1980:
Make it pounds and we have a deal.

And then i'll give you 5 million reasons why I wouldn't feel bad about it.

If it's 5 million reasons does that mean you'd kill a man for one pound?

That depends.

If he's a decent man then no .... I would have to charge a fiver.

If he's done something really evil though like stole my parking space or looked at my beer with thoughts of drinking it then i'd do it for free.

No. I don't have a price where my ethics disappear.

I'd refuse the job, steal the money, hand it in to the police, and provide a description of the bloke.

I've that episode of the Twilight Zone (the one with the button), so no.

Tufty94:
It's a hypothetical scenario, stop over thinking it.

Yes, hypothetical situations are immune from having holes because....PONIES.

No I would not. I would say that we should discuss this more in private out back, beat the shit out of him and take the money.

I need info on the person, I have no qualms about killing someone who I think deserves to die (if the state has failed to extend justice that is) but I could be killing a man who has done nothing to deserve me killing him/her.

Matthew94:
No chance of being caught?

If it was truly 0% then yes, I'd do it.

EDIT Well I say I would but as well all know, killing someone is no small thing. I'm not sure if I would actually do it but the 0% being caught thing is an incentive.

EDIT2 Bullshit, it isn't 0%. The fucking guy knows, he would have your balls for all time as he would know. No, fuck that. I'll say no and not end up dead or in jail.

And the fact that you could be taking the life of an innocent person never factored into that?

Huh.

No since I am not a profession killer. If I were to attent it, I will highly fail it and get caught by the police. So the only thing I will get out of it is a hell of a time in prison, so no thank you.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked