Best creepypasta?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Simple question really, what creepypasta do you think is the best/scariest? A creepypasta is pretty much any horror story that originated on the Internet, and there are a ton. There's whole websites dedicated to them! So, Slenderman or The Rake? Suicide Mouse or Squdwards Suicide? Make your choice.

I do quite like the Lavender Town one (even though "high-pitched frequencies causing kids to commit suicide" is hilariously unbelievable).

i thought the pokemon creepy black story was a good one. but suicide mouse is flat out wrong.

I like Jeff the Killer.
But I do remember one from my days of reading creepypastas about a guy who went caving with a couple of friends, and they died one by one. But I forgot what it was called.

And one about a guy who thought he was the last man alive form some alien invasion or something, but in reality he just went insane from being alone for so long.

Tom Milner:
i thought the pokemon creepy black story was a good one. but suicide mouse is flat out wrong.

What do you mean by flat out wrong? There's nothing really worse in suicide mouse than any other creepypasta.

ToastiestZombie:

Tom Milner:

What do you mean by flat out wrong? There's nothing really worse in suicide mouse than any other creepypasta.

there's just something about it that really rattles me. probably the sudden cut and then the scream D:

Being that Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game ever and forever, reading the BEN story was very disturbing for me.

It's the only creepypasta I've read all the way through, so I'm sticking with that.

I'm not familiar with any of them, to be honest.

The only thing internet-originated that scares me is rule 34.

Still liked Lavender Town.
It just gives me the goosebumps when the song was played.

So ur with ur honey and yur making out wen the phone rigns. U anser it n the vioce is "wut r u doing wit my daughter?" U tell ur girl n she say "my dad is ded". THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

Mostly because it's hilarious and because I don't know that many creepypastas

Squidward's suicide, the part about dismembered kids made me go eeeeeh

I guess alot of pokemon creepy pasta is quite good.

It's the extreme contrast to it's unrealistic levels of cutesy. So it makes it seem all the more creepy.

LostSilver was one of my favorite reads.

The SCP network can be very creepy ^_^ http://www.scp-wiki.net/

If it's too much to read all the articles just check the highest rated safe, euclid and ketler classes http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-object-classes

173 is the creepiest of them all http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-173

And there's a game being developed by some freelancers too http://scpcb.wordpress.com/

Other than that 4Chan's /x/ archives have some good creepy pasta, but in my experience Reddit's nosleep page has more and creepier stuff

hmmm, i cant really say about a best one...
i know a good reader though. if you like, his name is mrcreepypasta and i like it :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrCreepyPasta

Death Carr:
I like Jeff the Killer.
But I do remember one from my days of reading creepypastas about a guy who went caving with a couple of friends, and they died one by one. But I forgot what it was called.

And one about a guy who thought he was the last man alive form some alien invasion or something, but in reality he just went insane from being alone for so long.

the story i believe you mean is "the cave" the one about the cave paintings and the jackal?
here you go.

Casual Shinji:
I'm not familiar with any of them, to be honest.

The only thing internet-originated that scares me is rule 34.

boop! just going to leave this here

i do love creepypastas :3 i think i have listened to hundreds. (and read)
have fun bro!

Not really a creepypasta, but when I was doing a physics project with my friend, we used GDocs to edit the paper and talk. When she minimized her window to look at another document, I changed the the whole paper on GDocs to...

HELLO NATASHA, I'D LIKE TO PLAY A GAME

So when she reopened GDocs she saw that. Only the font was much bigger. She sent me a text saying "OMG YOUR SICH A CREEP" and then later "wooow". We had a pretty good laugh about it.

Captcha: make my day

Lavander town and spongebob are too pretty good ones.

Also read one someone came up with on the Scary Thread from the eyes of a shapeshifting murderer which was pretty awesome.

Also yes, VIEW THAT THREAD.

Thanks everyone for bringing back all these fun memories! Who needs sleep anyway.

The best one I've seen, is...

The tale is said to date from around the time of the Mexican revolution, but it's a creepypasta now.

Also, for those of you who might want a longer story: From SomethingAwful.com comes Humper-Monkey's Ghost Story, detailing the poster's supposed experiences while stationed at an isolated outpost in the German alps during the late cold-war era. It's so good, it has actually been published as a novel! Should be available from Amazon.

I loved this story when I first saw it. Short and effective.

"'Daddy, I had a bad dream.'
You blink your eyes and pull up on your elbows. Your clock glows red in the darkness-it's 3:32. 'Do you want to climb into bed and tell me about it?'
'No, Daddy.'

The oddness of the situation wakes you up more fully. You can barely make out your daughter's pale form in the darkness of your room. 'Why not, sweetie?'

'Because in my dream, when I told you about the dream, the thing wearing Mommy's skin sat up.'

For a moment, you feel paralyzed; you can't take your eyes off of your daughter. The covers behind you begin to shift."

Also the one about the babysitter and the angel statue that wasn't there before. I've heard versions where it was a clown statue too but I like the angel statue better.

Oh and I enjoy the Holders stories, but only a couple of them are really good. Others are trying too hard, and it's starting to become a little too fleshed out, making it lose that element of mystery. They're not really scary but they do have that horror aesthetic.

Probably Candle Cove for me. While not overtly scary, it certainly is unnerving and gives me pause for reflection to look on things I saw as a kid that would scare the sh*t out of me as an adult.

Midnight Train is a fun read too. Also a not too scary one, but definitely worth a look.

Ah, and then there's The Holders... They must never come together. Never.

I've always found creepy pastas to be pretty shit so I don't have a favourite.

gogeggegg:
i do love creepypastas :3 i think i have listened to hundreds.

Listened to, you say?
Where might one accomplish such a feat?

If they could be read out by a female, more's the better.

~Man door hand hook car door~, nothing will ever beat that in my book.

I'm tied between "Who was phone?" and "Day of all the blood".

The only one I'm really aware of is Slenderman, but I do enjoy that one. I've heard about Marble Hornets, but I've never actually seen it.

Death Carr:
I like Jeff the Killer.

i HATE jeff the killer. his face scares the shit out of me, i swear i can see him at the end of my hallway or in my bedroom doorway.

Z of the Na'vi:
Being that Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game ever and forever, reading the BEN story was very disturbing for me.

It's the only creepypasta I've read all the way through, so I'm sticking with that.

Wow, I'd never heard of that till just now, reading it was pretty spooky! Props to the dude that came up with it.

Charli:
I guess alot of pokemon creepy pasta is quite good.

It's the extreme contrast to it's unrealistic levels of cutesy. So it makes it seem all the more creepy.

LostSilver was one of my favorite reads.

Yeah the Pokemon ones really get under my skin, mostly because I can't fathom what kinda of mind would think up that kinda shit about POKEMON of all things.

Also that thing about the haunted Majora's Mask cartridge was kinda creepy.

Relish in Chaos:
I do quite like the Lavender Town one (even though "high-pitched frequencies causing kids to commit suicide" is hilariously unbelievable).

The show "Dark Matters: Twisted But True" did a segment about a song that weighed on the mind so much it drove many to suicide.

There was this one that I read in which a kid was laying in his bed, and there was a monster under it. not really scary until the thing drags his dead parents into the room and writes a message on the wall. The kid is acting like he's asleep the entire time and by the end of the story he makes out the writing on the wall to be "I know you're awake."

Another one I read was about some soviet sleep deprivation experiment. I don't remember much about this one. For that matter, I can't remember much about any of them that I have read. I especially liked one called "Tupla" but can't remember how it ends.

EDIT: I'd say candlejack, but that isn't really scar-

Never been a big horror fan in general, but I can appreciate the genre. That said, I cautiously would like to read some more creepypasta. At least what I've seen so far is pretty shitty. I know good horror is subtle, rather than being reliant on shock value. I didn't think Squidward's Suicide (and other similar titles) were scary at all. They were gross, but, hey, Adam Sandler movies are gross and you don't see anyone coming back from those movies screaming and crying (well, okay, maybe Jack and Jill).

Additionally, I thought Squidward was pretty tasteless. Not the content itself, but the fact that they tried to sell the story as fact in the name of entertainment.

The Place Where Bad Kids Go spooked me out pretty bad. Candle Cove was good as well, but it wasn't scary so much as it was unsettling.

Filed under never to read again:

Psychosis
Suicide Mouse
Squidward's Suicide

I remember reading a really good story about a man and his girlfriend driving to their house and they kept passing some gas station and creepy shit happens and blah blah. I can barely remember it except for some baby doll and that they were stuck in their own house slowly going insane at the end. Does anyone know which creepy pasta this is?

Im tagging this thread for later on!

To stay on topic, throwing my hat in with the Majora's Mask/Ben pasta. My first one, and I loved it.

(Although I agree with whoever else named off SCP, another delightful site to frequent)

Flizzick:
Candle Cove was good as well, but it wasn't scary so much as it was unsettling.

Funny story?
I'm sure I've actually seen Candle Cove. No foolin'.

And the "Five and a Half Minute Hallway" in House of Leaves? That fictional video?
Sure I've seen that, too.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked