I haven't been here for over a year. What's changed that I need to know about?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

Daystar Clarion:

SirPlindington:

You'll NEVER win anything.

That's me winning.

I'll be taking my penguin now, if you please.

Damn and Blast! Robotic dubstep, my only weakness! It burns! It burns! Take your penguin, but be warned! I'll be back someday, and the penguins I bring will have hats that are far grander than yours!

arc101:
But...but why?!

This was a while back, and memory may not be serving be correctly, but it was rumored that those two as well as a few other well-known Escapists were fed up with how the Escapist moderates the forums, and they all bailed.

I don't share their opinion, I love this website.

Supposedly they set up their own forum, where they can talk freely amongst themselves. As their own moderators. Things have been rather quiet ever since, unless you count the shitstorm of Extra Credits leaving, as well as the arrival of...

Daystar Clarion:
*snip*

...you.

Zeel happened. And he's gone now. Thank goodness.

Hot topics include (but are not limited to):
The "R" word
Sexism
'Wemen dat play vidyah gaems'
Gun Control
Explosive Diarrhea
and those silly brovengers that no one cares about. :D

Also, I'm a nobody apparently. XD

Casual Shinji:
We all got to ride dinosaurs, it was awesome!

Too bad you missed it.

That was such a great day! Almost as good as that time we won all of that money and then blew it all on coke and hookers. Man, I'd feel so shitty if I'd missed that... I mean, am, OP missed absolutely nothing.

Edit:

similar.squirrel:
I'm back! And a lot of you still can't spell, apparently.

Wheir half ewe bin?

It's all just a drug-addled haze for me so you're gonna have to ask someone else.

I do seem to recall an British Dog-Deity rising to power, issuing his decrees using a varied assortment of Nathan Fillion GIFs.
Can anyone confirm this?

Daystar Clarion:
I am now your Lord and Saviour.

Do not heed anyone speaking the contrary, for they are smelly and lack acceptable table manners.

True story.

Suppose you could listen to the Podcasts...

Daystar is right, you know. He took over during the Dark Days following Aylaine's departure. He guided us back to the ways of glory and light.

Praise be to Daystar!

#101: thread title that even so much as hints at gender = no man's land.

Just... don't go to those places, for the love of god, it's not worth it.

Grimh:
It's all just a drug-addled haze for me so you're gonna have to ask someone else.

I do seem to recall an British Dog-Deity rising to power, issuing his decrees using a varied assortment of Nathan Fillion GIFs.
Can anyone confirm this?

Dunno man, sounds like something your intoxicated brain came up with while you were chasing the dragon.

British Dog-Deity?

Get outta here with that nonsense.

arc101:
Firstly, I can tell very easily that the general layout and look of the sight has changed. Secondly, I know the new, updated rules for posting so i need not be told them again. I'm talking of specifics. What great posters have left, who's been banned, why, what new video series should I check out and anything else that you think someone who has been off the forums for around 15 months should know.

I will thank you in advance because I know you guys are good. So ta muchly.

In a vain attempt to maintain seriousness:

1) Yahtzee has gotten a little worse. His comedy gland is drying up.

2) MovieBob went completely off the rails a while back, and is now hated more than

3) Jim Sterling, who decided that spending EVERY second of his videos insulting everyone "ironically" was a poor PR move has improved substantially.

4) Extra Credits left, and we lost most of the population of HipsterVille in the process.

5) Unskippable is funny about once a month... so business as usual there.

6) Critical Miss has gone schizophrenic... which is either ironic or just kinda sad.

7) At one point earlier, there were 159 open threads about Mass Effect 3. I'm not kidding. I counted.

8) If you see the words "Women" and "Video Games" in the same sentence, bail on that thread. Seriously. Also, a certain kickstarter project which split this site like an earthquake is a good thing to not familiarize yourself with.

9) Mods have loosened up a little, but then again people aren't posting FIRST in every Yahtzee video anymore.

10) We're still not 4chan, and for that we are eternally thankful.

The most important thing is that I'm still here.

Don't listen to the others, I am the glue which holds this site together, we all know that.

Also, the bickering and frothing hatred from R&P seems to have leaked up into the other topics as well. If you see a topic that has anything to do at all with gender, stay the hell away.

RatRace123:
The most important thing is that I'm still here.

Don't listen to the others, I am the glue which holds this site together, we all know that.

Also, the bickering and frothing hatred from R&P seems to have leaked up into the other topics as well. If you see a topic that has anything to do at all with gender, stay the hell away.

Sir, I'm trying to keep a lid on R&P, but those quantum entanglers you promised me haven't arrived.

How am I supposed to upscale the interference sub-module if the wig-wam off the woofing engine hasn't been properly stabilised by the Old Spice treble bassinator?

Daystar Clarion:

Sir, I'm trying to keep a lid on R&P, but those quantum entanglers you promised me haven't arrived.

How am I supposed to upscale the interference sub-module if the wig-wam off the woofing engine hasn't been properly stabilised by the Old Spice treble bassinator?

I'm still working on acquiring those. Things haven't gone quite as planned, and that little incident in Bangladesh just further complicated things.
We should've expected that those sellers weren't legit; the secret handshake was totally off.

Matthew94:

ChromaticWolfen:
Make sure to catch up on the latest Feed Dump videos, especially Girls Dump(That's really its name). Beside that not much else. There was a user called Zeel who was banned but I'm not sure if you were there for that.

He wasn't here for zeel. He's been gone for 15 months.

Who is Zeel?

David Huff:

Matthew94:

ChromaticWolfen:
Make sure to catch up on the latest Feed Dump videos, especially Girls Dump(That's really its name). Beside that not much else. There was a user called Zeel who was banned but I'm not sure if you were there for that.

Who is Zeel?

A guy who complained about ME3 incessantly until he was banned from what I hear.

Matthew94:

David Huff:

Matthew94:

Who is Zeel?

A guy who complained about ME3 incessantly until he was banned from what I hear.

Alright thanks :).

Daystar Clarion:

Grimh:

Can anyone confirm this?

Dunno man, sounds like something your intoxicated brain came up with while you were chasing the dragon.

British Dog-Deity?

Yeah, I figured as much. I guess it's kind of silly when you think about it. I mea-

Grimh:

Daystar Clarion:

Grimh:

Can anyone confirm this?

British Dog-Deity?

Yeah, I figured as much. I guess it's kind of silly when you think about it. I mea-

Shit, he's on to me...

Yeah, I can explain those things rather ea-

RUN AWAY!

Watch No Right Answer and listen to Miracle Of Sound be a... miracle... of sound...

Huh.

Everything went to shit.

SonicWaffle:

GeneralTwinkle:

SonicWaffle:

Pffft, if they're so great they should be begging me to join!

They might have been, if you hadn't said....

SonicWaffle:

Hmm. Well, other than the gifs, that sounds pretty cool.

this....

I saw what I want. I'm a wild card that way. If people can't handle it they should just get out of my face, because I'm too hardcore for your "rules", dude!

This is quite probably the most horrorfying conversation I have ever read.

OT: Not much. I haven't been posting here for long, but I have been on the website for a few years ,just never got 'round to making an account. So hello. :D

Edit: Well shit, I quoted the wrong thing. Damn this new layout.

Patrick Buck:

Is this your first time on the internet or something? Hoo, boy, could I point you toward some horrible discussions. Ever heard of Conservapedia? it's a sophisticated device intended to turn the reader's brain into soup. Self-aware soup, that feels naught but agony.

SonicWaffle:

Boudica:

SonicWaffle:

I'm worried you might break me...

It will only hurt if you fight it.

Considering that it's you, I'm sure it'll hurt whatever I do :-P

Now THIS is the most horrorfying conversation I have ever read. Oh jesus. And I've been on 4Chan (Breifly, to see if the rumours were true. Oh god they were.)

SonicWaffle:

Patrick Buck:

Is this your first time on the internet or something? Hoo, boy, could I point you toward some horrible discussions. Ever heard of Conservapedia? it's a sophisticated device intended to turn the reader's brain into soup. Self-aware soup, that feels naught but agony.

A: I quoted the wrong thing, B: This is basically the only forum I go on. I keep away from the creepier stuff.

Normally. But then the internet just *HAS* to send me to a bad place. BAAAAAAAD PPLLLLLAAAACEEE.

Patrick Buck:

SonicWaffle:

Patrick Buck:

A: I quoted the wrong thing

Anything involving Boudica and sex will be horrible, she's crazy :-P

Patrick Buck:
B: This is basically the only forum I go on. I keep away from the creepier stuff.

Normally. But then the internet just *HAS* to send me to a bad place. BAAAAAAAD PPLLLLLAAAACEEE.

You seem like a nice guy, and I hate to do this to you, but I'd be remiss in my duty as an absolute and total bastard if I didn't link you to, oh, let's just say for example...

Conservapedia's talk page on the 2012 summer Olympics.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Talk:2012_Summer_Olympics

Awesome, isn't it? Until I read that, I had no idea that countries which were increasingly atheistic were going to win less medals, or that countries which legalised gay marriage would (by virtue of logic) wouldn't do as well because "nancy boys don't contribute to population growth".

Does it hurt? Does it make your brain bleed? Well, something to think about; for Conservapedia, that's nice. That's them being - relatively speaking - rational. In the past they've argued that faith is a uniquely Christian concept and that liberal dogma is the cause of American obesity. Enjoy!

Threeseventyfive:
Everything went to shit.

I like this level of world-weary cynicism with someone who has a forum account dated six months ago ;-)

SonicWaffle:

Threeseventyfive:
Everything went to shit.

I like this level of world-weary cynicism with someone who has a forum account dated six months ago ;-)

I was mostly joking, but I've been here for like 2 years.

Although I do think the image-spam needs to stop.

SonicWaffle:

Patrick Buck:

SonicWaffle:

A: I quoted the wrong thing

Anything involving Boudica and sex will be horrible, she's crazy :-P

Patrick Buck:
B: This is basically the only forum I go on. I keep away from the creepier stuff.

You seem like a nice guy, and I hate to do this to you, but I'd be remiss in my duty as an absolute and total bastard if I didn't link you to, oh, let's just say for example...

Conservapedia's talk page on the 2012 summer Olympics.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Talk:2012_Summer_Olympics

Awesome, isn't it? Until I read that, I had no idea that countries which were increasingly atheistic were going to win less medals, or that countries which legalised gay marriage would (by virtue of logic) wouldn't do as well because "nancy boys don't contribute to population growth".

Does it hurt? Does it make your brain bleed? Well, something to think about; for Conservapedia, that's nice. That's them being - relatively speaking - rational. In the past they've argued that faith is a uniquely Christian concept and that liberal dogma is the cause of American obesity. Enjoy!

You... You just... You just ruined the internet for me.
*Single tear*

Thank god I'm British, and can repress my emotions to such a degree, I can pretend I haven't just seen something so stupid and repress it for forty years.

But seriously, wow, they have so much stupid. They should leave some for the rest of us.

Threeseventyfive:

SonicWaffle:

Threeseventyfive:
Everything went to shit.

I was mostly joking, but I've been here for like 2 years.

Although I do think the image-spam needs to stop.

I'm with you on that. It's a get-out clause to avoid having a conversation, just posting pictures.

Everyone had a rape party with guns involved and only women were allowed in, I heard it's ongoing still. I heard Daystar is there aswell.

Also, I rock.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked