GOD DAMN IT CARTOON NETWORK!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

As wrong as this sounds .. Cartoon Network to me died years ago when they removed the classic cartoons (Courage the Cowardly Dog, Johny Bravo, Dexter's Lab, Samurai Jack, and the Powerpuff Girls) for some new but very dull cartoons. Now they're even removing certain shows that are holding on their own for .. .. Annoying Orange?

.. Wow, I ... okay then.

They even stopped seasons from continuing, you know how much of a slap to the face that is? Quite so, and luckily I have the internet to watch whatever I wish. This is basically why TV is to me, not getting a lot of hits. But there are certain shows that are doing highly well and keeping networks alive. Still, if they keep this up Cartoon Network will surely die .. to everyone. Literally.

Bring back Samurai Jack and What's New Scooby Doo and I'll forgive you.

I didn't like Green Lantern anyway. But I definitely thought it was more fun than Johnny fucking Test.

Easton Dark:

I didn't like Green Lantern anyway. But I definitely thought it was more fun than Johnny fucking Test.

Well the good news is that What's New Scooby Doo is still on, rarely at 10am.

Speaking of shows getting screwed, what happened to Generator Rex? It seems to have just vanished.

LtFerret:

Easton Dark:

Speaking of shows getting screwed, what happened to Generator Rex? It seems to have just vanished.

Generator Rex ended a long while ago. Like, it had a series finale and everything.

All the shows I like on CN are dyiiiiing. This is almost as depressing as when Cartoon Network cancelled a bunch of cartoons and started running live action series. Why, CN?

twistedmic:

Annoying Orange

What? WHAT??? WHY THE FUCK IS THIS A TV SHOW ARE PEOPLE DEVOID OF TASTE THESE DAYS IF I SEE ANYONE WATCHING THIS I WILL SKIN THEM ALIVE LIKE AN ORANGE.

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE.

I was thinking about making a thread on this recent news, seriously Cartoon Network, are you fucking kidding me??!! (Also I want to killed the person who put the shows in hiatus in the first place as that's the reason why they cancelling those two shows!)

game-lover:
NOOOOOOOOO!! They can't take away Green Lantern!! Not now! Not after:

And what about Young Justice!! Too much has happened!

I thought we got past this shit! And Bullshit that they're not getting enough ratings. I don't buy it for a second.

Shit, I bet the season ends are gonna suck. Probably something stupid and cop out like. *curses creatively*

I was wondering if anyone else other than me who watched that series, glad to know I'm not the only one.

Also the OP news doesn't mention the upcoming new shows to replace them.
http://www.newsarama.com/tv/young-justice-green-lantern-canceled.html

Apparently there going to be a Powerpuff Girls special althought it's in 3D and aswell the new Batman series Beware The Batman (despite the complains being made for it being 3d, odd visual style and Joker will not be in it and Proffessor Pyg is the main antagonist) I'm still optimistic for that show.
I wouldn't say the same for the return of Teen Titan. I think the reason why I loved the show when it first aired was that I was a kid well teen myself. I guess I got spoiled by the awesomeness and the seriously tone by Young Justice.

EDIT- I almost forgot, there is a petition going on to try to stop the cancellation https://www.change.org/petitions/cartoon-network-continue-young-justice# however I doubt the CN excutives will even look at it.

twistedmic:
Annoying Orange

Wait, wait, wait.

What.

Now, as someone who finds most of their programming on the internet I may be a shade out of the loop.

The Annoying Orange got a fucking TV show?

twistedmic:
What's truly sickening, to me at least, is that in addition to axing Young Justice (never watched Green Lantern: TAS ) but they are bringing back these shows-

Almost Naked Animals

Scaredy Squirrel

Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc.

Johnny Test

Annoying Orange

This move just goes to show that Cartoon Network is the Fox of cartoons. Shows with thought out, intelligent overarching story-lines and well-rounded multidimensional characters get cut and shows with three or four different plots and flat or one-dimensional characters continue to get renewed.

Hopefully another network (Adult Swim for one) can pickup Young Justice and Green Lantern (thrown in to be fair) and run new episodes.

Hey, the scooby doo show was actually fairly good if only because it had a much more self aware sense of humor and overarching plot line. How can you dislike a kid's show that implies that Fred has a Trap fetish?

Binnsyboy:

twistedmic:
Annoying Orange

Wait, wait, wait.

What.

Now, as someone who finds most of their programming on the internet I may be a shade out of the loop.

And Cartoon Network is bringing on a new version of Total Drama, All Stars I believe.

Piecewise:

Hey, the scooby doo show was actually fairly good if only because it had a much more self aware sense of humor and overarching plot line. How can you dislike a kid's show that implies that Fred has a Trap fetish?

It's not that I really dislike Scooby Do, it's that I've gotten tired of it. Seriously, there has been some version of Scooby Do on Cartoon Network since the very beginning (that's twenty years, people) and they play it way too much.

Caramel Frappe:
As wrong as this sounds .. Cartoon Network to me died years ago when they removed the classic cartoons (Courage the Cowardly Dog, Johny Bravo, Dexter's Lab, Samurai Jack, and the Powerpuff Girls) for some new but very dull cartoons. Now they're even removing certain shows that are holding on their own for .. .. Annoying Orange?

.. Wow, I ... okay then.

They even stopped seasons from continuing, you know how much of a slap to the face that is? Quite so, and luckily I have the internet to watch whatever I wish. This is basically why TV is to me, not getting a lot of hits. But there are certain shows that are doing highly well and keeping networks alive. Still, if they keep this up Cartoon Network will surely die .. to everyone. Literally.

Adventure time.

ADVENTURE TIME.

Adventure time is literally better then half of the original cartoon cartoons. I know thats sacrilege, but it's true. And thats coming from someone who has an external hard drive weighed down with every episode of dexter's lab, samurai jack, courage the cowardly dog and a dozen others sitting next to him at this very moment.

twistedmic:

Piecewise:

It's not that I really dislike Scooby Do, it's that I've gotten tired of it. Seriously, there has been some version of Scooby Do on Cartoon Network since the very beginning (that's twenty years, people) and they play it way too much.

Admittedly yeah, they play the old episodes way too much. I think they're basically using them as filler for the daylight hours.

twistedmic:
What's truly sickening, to me at least, is that in addition to axing Young Justice (never watched Green Lantern: TAS ) but they are bringing back these shows-

Almost Naked Animals

Scaredy Squirrel

Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc.

Johnny Test

Annoying Orange

This move just goes to show that Cartoon Network is the Fox of cartoons. Shows with thought out, intelligent overarching story-lines and well-rounded multidimensional characters get cut and shows with three or four different plots and flat or one-dimensional characters continue to get renewed.

Hopefully another network (Adult Swim for one) can pickup Young Justice and Green Lantern (thrown in to be fair) and run new episodes.

At least THEY KNOW Adventure time and Regular Show are big. Without those, they are fucked.

Still, terrible decision with what they are doing here. (Also, fuck Johnny Test)

Not G. Ivingname:
AND THEY ARE GIVING THE @#$^ING ANNOYING ORANGE A TV SHOW?

No. They're giving The Annoying Orange more seasons. They already gave it a show a long time ago.

Shia-Neko-Chan:
Meh young justice. I never really cared for that show. I'm absolutely sick of wise-cracking superhero shows, so for me this isn't that bad.

"Wise-cracking"? "Young Justice"? What?

LtFerret:

That's what I've been wondering! I haven't heard any word on that and there hasn't been a solid ending. Has it been cancelled too, in favor of Ben 10: Omniverse? Generator Rex was my favorite.

Binnsyboy:

My guess is that they wanted to compete with Nickelodeon's acquisition of Fred. I suppose Annoying Orange is ever-so-slightly better, due to the jokes not being mostly based on high-pitched squeaky voices, and the superior technology being used, but... They turned it into Mad with fruit. Why? Why turn something into a lesser version of a show you already have, and for the exact same audience? I've taken a look into both the YouTube videos and the TV series and... whatever small amounts of quality and charm that was scraped up for the YouTube series has vanished. Heck, the CGI in the TV series actually looks worse.

Ed130:

Keoul:
How many cartoons do they have running now? Cause this image comes to mind.

Blargh I'm really gunna miss Young Justice...

Gods that picture brings back memories.

Samurai Jack

The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Ed, Edd n Eddy

Time Squad

Courage the Cowardly dog Show

Cow And Chicken

Dexter's Laboratory

The Hanna Barbera shows

And that's just the ones in the first image.

Why the fuck isn't Megas XLR in that picture?!

Grrrr :/

Still a good picture though.

lRookiel:

Why the fuck isn't Megas XLR in that picture?!

Wouldn't fit in the theatre, silly.

The downward spiral of Cartoon Network has been going on for a long time it's just watching to see how far the network can sink. Adult Swim got fewer and fewer pickings. Shows that should have been hits like Transformers or Thundercats die off because they are handled so poorly with getting thrown all over the schedule. A few gems hidden in the line up but it's mostly horrible cartoons filling up the slots like kids or adults can't find cartoons somewhere else.

But then perhaps it's a problem faced by cable as a whole. Fewer and fewer shows worth watching on the networks so eventually it was more logical for me to just rent whole seasons from Netflixs or enjoy them on instant view for the few programs I bother to watch. Cable prices seem insane if you have too many nights or days with nothing to watch. Ouch and that's not even getting into how the Warner networks want to make it a pain the rear to legally stream programing because they think they can force people to buy cable.

The heck with Cartoon Network I'll just watch Transformers Prime, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, Legend of Korra, or a superhero show from Disney without dealing with Cartoon Network.

Soviet Heavy:
Fucks sakes, another teen titans show? I hope to god they don't try ripping off anime styles again.

It gets worse:

Also new Batman show:

I'm going to give both a try even though the new TT is more about funny hijinks unlike the old one which had hijinks and dark moments.

But holy hell am I pissed they decided to cancel YJ for very ltitle reason and just when the show was getting really damn good.

It's not like they're outright cancelling the shows, from the get go Young Justice seemed like it would have a finite plot, and when it's done, then it's done. I think it'd be weird for them to take Young Justice off the air completely though, if for no other reason than the only depiction of the big name DC superheroes they use on DC Nation are the Young Justice versions.

I don't really feel like giving Beware the Batman a chance, I don't really like the art style, the title, or their take on the character. As for Teen Titans GO! I was excited for it at first, then saw that they changed the art style and said they were going in a more comedy focused direction, which to me is . . meh.

NameIsRobertPaulson:

It worked really well. Puffy Ami Yumi doing the soundtrack helped too. If you're gonna rip something, do it well, and Bruce Timm was magic as usual.

Bruce Timm didn't really have anything to do with the Teen Titans cartoon, except being accidentally credited as a producer in the first season.

Lugbzurg:

That's what I've been wondering! I haven't heard any word on that and there hasn't been a solid ending. Has it been cancelled too, in favor of Ben 10: Omniverse? Generator Rex was my favorite.

...? It had a solid ending.

Caramel Frappe:

.. Wow, I ... okay then.

Pretty much the same reason I watch any of the good old shows online now because to me TV is dead and forces you into timed slot scheduling which doesn't really fit well with me any more.

I missed those days where you could come home and watch Dexter's lab and then maybe some Megas XLR and then after that some Courage and by that time it's already dark and you didn't feel like any time was wasted watching those great shows.

Now it's just full of nothing but a desire to boost rating by removing anything that's remotely good or has a few more seasons planned like they did to Thundercats and now Young Justice.

Oh and I totally forgot they cancelled Samurai Jack and Megas back in the day for roughly the same reasons as today.

TV networks just don't know shit these days it would seem.

LtFerret:

Easton Dark:

Aw, when I'm either not awake or away from a television :(

I think What's New Scooby Doo is the best version of Scooby Doo since A Pup Named Scooby Doo. I didn't like the movies that they did with it though (the egyptian one has nothing on SCOOBY DOO ON ZOMBIE ISLAND OOOOO).

Ldude893:
Alas, poor Network, I knew him, Escapists. A channel of infinite cartoons of the most excellent quality: it hath captured my enjoyment since my childhood in the 90s and early 2000s, and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is!
Here was once full-day animation programming that set thee apart from other channels. Where be your mature shows now? Your smarts? Your groovies? Your little clever animated bumpers in commercial breaks? Not one now to mark your former glories? Quite chap-fallen?

To watch, or not to watch. That is the question.

Whether it is better to slog through the waves of mediocrity that lap at this once shining shore, finding the small, fading pinpoints of quality in this otherwise desolate network, or to deny thyself the enjoyment of Human and Dog or Bird and Raccoon, thus leaving yourself to revel and mourn for the times past.

Aye. There's the rub.

Not G. Ivingname:

AND THEY ARE GIVING THE @#$^ING ANNOYING ORANGE A TV SHOW?

Where the hell have you been? The orange has been on CN for a while. I've known this for a while and I haven't watched TV with anything resembling consistency for almost two and a half years.

OT: Cartoon Network died eight years ago for me, when they stopped airing Toonami, MEGAS and Samurai Jack. I just can't stomach the shows that they air anymore.

To be fair though, I don't watch TV any more, I find the shows I want to watch online and watch them there. That way I don't deal with the superfluous bullshit that is modern TV and ads.

Lugbzurg:

Shia-Neko-Chan:
Meh young justice. I never really cared for that show. I'm absolutely sick of wise-cracking superhero shows, so for me this isn't that bad.

"Wise-cracking"? "Young Justice"? What?

*two female protagonists are running away from a really powerful enemy*

"Oh, I picked a bad day to wear high heels! :D"

That sort of thing.

Life threatening situation? Yeah but, listen, I could totally make a joke here for some strange reason!

I haven't watched Cartoon Network since Ed, Edd, and Eddy was done.

Haven't watched Adult Swim since the explosion of lame live-action shows started taking over the scheduling...I think specifically it was with the announcement that Tim and Eric will be butt-fucking their way to movie theatres for their own movie. Seriously, I like random slap-stick bizzar humor, but anything by those two jackoffs literally makes me contemplate suicide just to end the suffering to my brain.

Easton Dark:

Aw, when I'm either not awake or away from a television :(

I think What's New Scooby Doo is the best version of Scooby Doo since A Pup Named Scooby Doo. I didn't like the movies that they did with it though (the egyptian one has nothing on SCOOBY DOO ON ZOMBIE ISLAND OOOOO).

DAMN YOU AND YOUR NOSTALGIA RESTORING WAYS!!!

I have to go dig up my VHS copy of that and rewatch it now. That and Witches Ghost.

I used to get into arguments with my brother over which one was better. Now that we're older I'm going to make him sit down and compare the two with me and settle this once and for all!

Well, at least we have Regular Show and Adventure Time, right?... right?... :(

I'd still want to see Megas XLR, Symbionic Titan and Samurai Jack revived. Or at least something better than RS and AT, not that I don't like them, I love them both, but watching one channel just for 2 shows?, that's what Fox and Nick are for, not good ol' CN :(

LtFerret:

I used to get into arguments with my brother over which one was better. Now that we're older I'm going to make him sit down and compare the two with me and settle this once and for all!

If it means anything, I thought Zombie Island was the best of the (4?) Scooby movies from that period. Witches ghost, cyber chase, the alien one.

SupahGamuh:
Well, at least we have Regular Show and Adventure Time, right?... right?... :(

If CN aired nothing but those two shows I'd call it the best network on television.

well to be honest we should have saw this coming. cn has been on the slipping slope into crap for a while now. i am never able to catch much of young justice since they never show reruns past 12 pm on Saturday so yeah i am not shocked that young justice and green lantern are being givin the boot. and all the other shows i used to like are now becoming stale(yes regular show i am looking at your stale premise)

I'm mildly interested in Teen Titans GO! if only because Teen Titans was probably one of my favorite cartoons when it aired. Related note its friggin impossible to find episodes of it anywhere.

Aside from that though. God. Fucking. Damnit.

Young Justice and Green Lantern are the only 2 serious superhero shows on now that Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes is on a break (and that last season was god awful, just painful to watch). They're also really friggin good. Don't get me wrong, I love Ultimate Spider-man. However outside of bein amusin there really isn't a whole lot there. There has been far better characterization of the one off bad guys than there has been of Spideys team at this point (and practically Spiderman himself).

Hell, Flash Thompson in Ultimate Spider-man has more character growth than every single one of Spider-mans team. Combined. How pathetic is that?

Meanwhile Young Justice, while slightly scattered in the newest season, has a ton of fully fleshed out characters with interestin backstories and actual character growth. Green Lantern was the first time I ever gave a crap about any Green Lantern that wasn't the Green Lantern from the Justice League cartoons. Plus without the problems of way too large a cast that Young Justice had it was able to really create the characters as more than just set archetypes and was doin an amazin job of tryin to make any sense of the different colored lanterns without bein ridiculous.

Now all thats just...gone? What the fuck?

Completely related note. I will fuckin cry tears, not even manly tears just straight tears, if Young Justice ends before it ever does anythin to address Queen Bee and Beast Boy. Seriously. Tears.

saintdane05:
Just when you thought the good ol' CN was getting it's act together, this happens.

Comic Book Movie.com:

Earlier this morning, a press release was issued to boast Cartoon Network's upcoming block of cartoons. New shows such as Beware The Batman and Teen Titans Go! were on the release, but two glared out as missing, Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Young Justice. Speculation was that the shows would be ending their runs, and now Newsarama has confirmed from a source at Warner Brothers Animation that the shows will wrap up their runs at seasons end.

It is expected that Beware The Batman as well as Teen Titans Go! will take the place of the canceled shows. It should also be noted that Star Wars: The Clone Wars was excluded from the list as well. This was because the show, as expected with Disney's acquisition of LucasFilm, will be making a transition to Disney programing. For the latest on all animated superhero shows make sure to check back here at CBM.
Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=73360#XckKioqEU0EWATHQ.99

Great. Now all I can watch on their is Adventure Time...

At the very least, they are letting it run their course. And they are being replaced by Beware the Batman and Teen Titans GO!, which may be good. May be.

who are you kidding? they gave them the saturday morning time slot. thats the worst time slot to watch anything. i havent seen the last 2 seasons of clone wars because of this.

why dont they go back with the tuesday night new show thing where EVERYONE can watch it?

also green latern sucked and Young Justice was just soooo damn monotonous.

Also teen titans Go?
please tell me its the same as the last teen titans....
*checks wiki*
"Is a follow up to the 2003 series..."

FUCK YEAH!!!!

Could be worse, you could live in Canada...

We're still waiting for Season 3 of Adventure Time to finish. Hell I don't even know if Young Justice is "officially" available here, I only saw some of it because a friend who works for a TV Studio got a Preview DVD.

Keoul:
How many cartoons do they have running now? Cause this image comes to mind.

Blargh I'm really gunna miss Young Justice...

\

This is exactly why I stopped watching CN... Adventure Time and Regular Show are not enough, and their live action stuff makes my skin crawl.

Kopikatsu:

Lugbzurg:

...? It had a solid ending.

I swear they set up the finale of Generator Rex to allow someone to pick it up at a later date. I recall Black Knight and the Consortium disappearing to do save their powers and Van Kleiss being taken away by Breach and Biowulf.

Anyway, OT, I've already lost my respect for cartoon network a long time ago. Specifically when they cancelled Samurai Jack without actually finishing it >:(

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked