The artist in thee

Pages PREV 1 . . . 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 NEXT

GudangGaram:

Very nice (progress) indeed! What brushes did you use?

You can ask pretty much any digital painter ever, brushes have almost no relevance whatsoever on the quality of your painting. I use 3 brushes in all of my work. Hard round, soft round and hard flat and the only "effects" I ever apply are size jitter to pen pressure for completely opaque paint and opacity jitter to pen pressure for everything else.

heres some old ones of mine

Bloody hell! I'm back!

I recently gave up on my DeviantArt account, and decided I needed to branch out and put my art in some other places.
Figuring that I've always received really good feedback and critique from this thread I thought I'd start posting here again.

Honestly, I can't remember why I stopped.

So with that, I'll start off with something I did today.

Today I had delivered to me a brand new Copic MultilinerSP Brush tip pen. I've always been interested in getting a little more range in my line-widths and figured brush tip pens would be a good place to start.

So here's my practise.

I'm sure I'll have more to show you all at some point, but in the mean time you can see what I've been up to here on my Tumblr: http://interchangeableheads.tumblr.com

Archemetis:
snip

Yeah, DeviantArt I find to be a bit of wank-fest. It's very rare that I see criticism of any kind. I'll do what I can to critiquee the piece:
As always, your work is crisp and to the point. Your lineweight doesn't seem as well-executed as I've seen you do in the past. The legs seem a little off, particularly that odd triangular void up at the pelvis. Feet and hands seem a bit small. Good dynamism of pose, but it lacks grounding and weight because of it's lack of drop shadow. The black top, because it lacks tonal variance gets flattened out in the final stage. At that level of tone, very small shift upwards become very visible, so even using a 85-90% grey will provide the necessary tone shift to create forms.

Here's a character piece I did based on the character I played in a Pathfinder Ravenloft campaign.

Fightgarr:

Archemetis:
snip

Yeah, DeviantArt I find to be a bit of wank-fest. It's very rare that I see criticism of any kind. I'll do what I can to critiquee the piece:
As always, your work is crisp and to the point. Your lineweight doesn't seem as well-executed as I've seen you do in the past. The legs seem a little off, particularly that odd triangular void up at the pelvis. Feet and hands seem a bit small. Good dynamism of pose, but it lacks grounding and weight because of it's lack of drop shadow. The black top, because it lacks tonal variance gets flattened out in the final stage. At that level of tone, very small shift upwards become very visible, so even using a 85-90% grey will provide the necessary tone shift to create forms.

Here's a character piece I did based on the character I played in a Pathfinder Ravenloft campaign.

That's really impressive there. I like it, not often you see someone willing to add a bit of darkness to their work, or maybe I'm still angry from everyone trying to censor everything.

From the webcomic series I'm working on. I started working on and off it since like 2006 and finally got it out this year. After years of people mocking me saying "it'll never get done" I got it out.

Here's the best page from it so far in my opinion:

Phlakes:
-big snip-

Cool stuff , I've been meaning to get into pixel art myself any tools / tutorials you can recommend me ?

I was bored on the train back home from visiting some relatives, so I decided to try drawing in gimp, instead of just colouring like I normally do (lineart for the win).

The reflex has some flaws and I sort of fucked up with the shading on the edge over the pupil, but that's beyond being salvaged at this point.
I think it's good for something drawn at a whim on a train the first time I tried drawing on my laptop though.

I write music WOO!

Only recording of anything i have written. Also one of the worst performances of that piece.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM8gSm8FoeM&feature=related (skip to 1:45. Our conductor talks way too much)

Oh fuck it, playings art too (and i need to redeem my playing abilities after the last video (i play drums)):
Dichotomy by Anthony Cirone, with me on the vibraphone (nearest, to the right):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Konwwyes7Qc

Double post.... Damn slow internet.

Here's some photos I took last month

Archemetis:

I'm sure I'll have more to show you all at some point, but in the mean time you can see what I've been up to here on my Tumblr: http://interchangeableheads.tumblr.com

Very nice!

If there's something I have great respect for, it's the ability to draw an accurate human form in characteristic motion. If that makes any sense.

And some new sketches I had scanned in from my part. I really need to buy my own scanner one of these days.

Some new drawings for your viewing pleasure.

Just going to leave this here...

I suppose some of my more recent work can go up, eh?

Having been working on this mildly on-and-off since about January, I feel it's time to finally post it to the internet where the multiple people I've spoken to about it can read it.
Rather fitting I'm reviving a semi-dead thread with a zombie satire, no?

Two little ones for the lulz.

This was for practice, to get used to my new mouse (which is the one that came with my computer, but it's better than my old one)-

And this is for a project. Lots of hue shift-

Huzzah!

That is just compilation poster-thing I made out of bits of my other artwork- check out the original pics here- http://lowndesuk.deviantart.com/

I've even started to do a little 3D animation >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhbSUUcmklc

Black Pharaoh Nyarlathotep. Bluh.

Don't mind me. Just playing around with new styles and doggedly avoiding coloring shit.
I had completely forgotten about this thread. *slaps self*

Acrylic Painting.

Its 1 and a half meters high and 1 meter wide.

Chemical Alia:
This is a 3d scene I've been working on off and on.

Hey man what program did you use?

It looks very nice, i like the details, and the street already feels "grimey"

Gloomsta:

Chemical Alia:
This is a 3d scene I've been working on off and on.

Hey man what program did you use?

It looks very nice, i like the details, and the street already feels "grimey"

Thank you! I use 3ds Max for my modeling. I feel bad seeing that now, because I still never got around to texturing that scene v:

Here's some other stuff I did lately.

HL2 painting
http://chemicalalia.deviantart.com/art/Striders-254700943

My entry to that Gears of War wallpaper contest
http://chemicalalia.deviantart.com/art/Frag-Out-259127666

Princess Toadstool

Data and Spot

My playable female TF2 Medic model

Concept sketch for my next class, the Engineer
http://chemicalalia.deviantart.com/art/Female-Engineer-Concept-260914777

Ice Dragonhawk:

That's pretty awesome! Nice color palette.

Sorry for the large forum un-friendly sized images.

A fight in space, what can be more fun to paint! Some 3D involved but you know shhh.

More of the fight, when there's space and explosions involved it's as I said, fun to make.

A fight right after, it's a bit bloody so I decided to hide it for those not keen on that.

Starts out as sketches, gets inked, painted in photoshop and then flushed into the tubes of the internet.

Obviously from a comic so the context is hard to get from just the ones shown but I figured it's worth showing, right?

I wanted to try colouring something.
It's hardly finished, but I doubt I'll ever get around to finish it. Maybe if I got a drawing tablet. Drawing with a touchpad is tedious.

I'm still trying to work out how a lensflare should look.

http://s1179.photobucket.com/albums/x387/iphonerose/?action=view¤t=ISPCA.jpg

It's pretty shit compared to some of the stuff here nut what the hey

Jonluw:
It's hardly finished, but I doubt I'll ever get around to finish it. Maybe if I got a drawing tablet. Drawing with a touchpad is tedious.

Did that with a touch pad? Impressive but god damn man get a tablet! They're cheap enough! haha. Just save up a bit and grab a nice wacom.

i made this in my computer art class at school. it wasn't for anything, i just grew bored, didn't have photoshop at home, so i decided to mess around with it a bit after having looked at a bunch of surreal pictures on the internet

i know it's not exactly the best piece of art on the planet, but i'm kind of proud of myself for having made it.

Anyone know any free coloring/editing programs/software?

CODE-D:
Anyone know any free coloring/editing programs/software?

I'd say either get paint.net or Gimp. Or, buy a pen tablet and use the photoshop elements disc that comes with it.

Snotnarok:

Jonluw:

Did that with a touch pad? Impressive but god damn man get a tablet! They're cheap enough! haha. Just save up a bit and grab a nice wacom.

Thanks.
I do really want a tablet, but...
I don't know really. I can afford it and all, but I just have this most extraordinary reluctance to go buy one.
Might just be the fact that there is a shitload of options that keeps me from buying one. I'm not very good at choices like that. Particularly when I don't know anything about the product in question or what exactly improves in the product as you climb in the price-ranges.

So I did a zombie for Halloween. It's got a few lighting issues I think, but otherwise I'm pretty happy with it.

Jonluw:

Snotnarok:

Jonluw:

Thanks.
I don't know really. I can afford it and all, but I just have this most extraordinary reluctance to go buy one.
Might just be the fact that there is a shitload of options that keeps me from buying one. I'm not very good at choices like that. Particularly when I don't know anything about the product in question or what exactly improves in the product as you climb in the price-ranges.

Tablets are basically mandatory for art on a PC, they just really help. And when I say tablets I mean a wacom tablet, they basically have a monopoly on a patent in pens that do not require batteries. I've had a few of their tablets already and they're great, basically what improves is control and size of your workspace. The tablet basically lets you move your mouse via the pen as if you were moving it over the screen, so picture your tablet is your entire monitors dimensions, the higher you go the larger the tablet, the more sensitive they are (higher end models record the angle of your pen)and then you have tablets with screens.

You can have your brush size change based on the pressure you put in, or have the color become more opaque. All the art programs are compatible with it and require only as much set up as you want to put into it.

Look up the graphire series, good to start with. I'm working with the 12WX (it cost an arm and a leg) but they have as far as I've seen the best gear.

Even good for working in zbrush and such, I tried to use the mouse at the very start and after just a little bit of getting used to the tablet it made everything easier and faster.

Snotnarok:

Jonluw:

Snotnarok:

Thanks.

Tablets are basically mandatory for art on a PC, they just really help. And when I say tablets I mean a wacom tablet, they basically have a monopoly on a patent in pens that do not require batteries. I've had a few of their tablets already and they're great, basically what improves is control and size of your workspace. The tablet basically lets you move your mouse via the pen as if you were moving it over the screen, so picture your tablet is your entire monitors dimensions, the higher you go the larger the tablet, the more sensitive they are (higher end models record the angle of your pen)and then you have tablets with screens.

You can have your brush size change based on the pressure you put in, or have the color become more opaque. All the art programs are compatible with it and require only as much set up as you want to put into it.

Look up the graphire series, good to start with. I'm working with the 12WX (it cost an arm and a leg) but they have as far as I've seen the best gear.

Even good for working in zbrush and such, I tried to use the mouse at the very start and after just a little bit of getting used to the tablet it made everything easier and faster.

Yeah, I'll look into it.
Think I might get a Cintiq 24HD...

Ok, no.

The graphire is discontinued from what I gather. Been replaced by the bamboo, which looks like a decent tablet.
I'll try to see if any stores nearby carry it.

Jonluw:

Snotnarok:

Jonluw:
Thanks.

Yeah, I'll look into it.
Think I might get a Cintiq 24HD...

Ok, no.

The graphire is discontinued from what I gather. Been replaced by the bamboo, which looks like a decent tablet.
I'll try to see if any stores nearby carry it.

Hah yeah I said the same thing, but I wound up getting the 12WX anyway, paid it off slowly. I'm very into my art so yeah.

Another painting to show if no one is interested

Pages PREV 1 . . . 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked