Want To Change Your Look In ARMS? Here’s How | Skins Gallery

ARMS Logo

Changing colors (or skins) is easy in ARMS, but there’s a trick to make it happen. Instead of selecting your skin through a menu, you’ll have to do it with your D-Pad.

Both Joy-Cons can be used in the Character Select Menu. Depending on your grip-style, you’ll have to figure out which it is — for most of us using both Joy-Cons at the same time, that defaults to the left D-Pad.

There are four color palettes per character, and each is mapped to a direction on the D-pad. Check out all the colors below with our gallery covering all the characters released (so far) in each mini-entry.

More ARMS guides on The Escapist:

How To Swap Skins | Colors Gallery

There are four skins per character — normally, you’ll only see each color palette if you’re playing online (or local) and multiple people play as the same character. The skins help differentiate each player, and it’s a common practice for fighting games.

While there are no costumes (yet!) in ARMS, you can customize your choice by adding a little color of your own choosing. Here’s how to make it happen.

• To select alternate color palettes…
    • 1. Hover your cursor over the character you want to select.
    • 2. Press down on the D-pad (so it clicks) and then hold the D-pad in one of three directions; down, left or right. Each color palette is mapped to one of these directions.
    • 3. After clicking and holding the D-pad in a direction, select your character. They will immediately change into the color you selected.

You can immediately back out and try again if it didn’t work, or if you selected a color you don’t like. The “Up” direction on the D-pad always selects their default color, so there’s usually no reason to select that one.

Recommended Videos

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Bayonetta 2: Video Walkthrough & Boss Strategies Guide
Read Article Get the Best <i>Until Dawn</i> Ending With These 20 Twins Collectible Locations
Read Article To the Moon Video Walkthrough
Related Content
Read Article Bayonetta 2: Video Walkthrough & Boss Strategies Guide
Read Article Get the Best <i>Until Dawn</i> Ending With These 20 Twins Collectible Locations
Read Article To the Moon Video Walkthrough