The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 . . . 874 NEXT

Rugal
Rugal's Dark Barrier soon cracked and he was back to parring with his Slashing Aura.
It was then he saw the fire-storm Puce was sending her way and an idea formed.
He let it seem like his defence was fading, stumbling steps, longer recovery, enough to make it seem like she was winning.
Once again, when she over-committed to a attack, He managed to grab her by the chest-plate and used his superior strength to throw her into the swarm of Fire-butterflies.
For good measure, he began gathering energy for a Kaiser Wave should she escape.

Time: Night

Kyre | Tajuh | Mark

She wept openly and clung to Tajuh as he carried her through the forest. Her chainmail rang out like windchimes with every step, and the trees around them bent over and moved out of the way for the trio. The shedding of leaves filled the rainy air, crimson and emerald, drifting alongside the blue moonlight.

Mark's words didn't reach the girl, now secluded in her own little world trying to rationalize what she just did. Her words were quiet, but she did speak eventually, after the group was well into their journey, "Why did I kill her..."

It seemed to be less of a question and more of assurance that indeed, she had killed her first and only friend in this plane.

"How much did I do before she died... did I violate her, devour her... Why did I do that..." Talon and Fang rang against each other in their sheaths, letting out a long mournful chime, almost akin to the knelling of church bells.

Eventually she did fall asleep, and that night Kyre dreamed of home, her tree, her spire, and most of all, the twin moons that lit her night sky.

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe

Location: Corrupted Forest | Corrupted Temple of Light | South America
Time: Nighttime | January 1st

Drop Group #5: Aftan | Alashi (Ella) | Altea | Akane | Cadolbolg | Devon | Ton Ton vs. Not!Angelus | Not!Caim

Fake!Caim was surprised by the punch to the face; and was knocked back by the Succubus' surprise attack. When she moved to attack with the Kama again, he rolled away to dodge. When he found himself on his feet, he winced at the sound of the horrid, familiar song, and yelled to the dragon; "Get that bard to shut up! I don't give a damn if this is breaking cover! That's torture!"

The angry dragon could only reply with another volley of fire at the bard. As Devon did his best to hang on; Ton Ton could feel that his attack was charging a little faster than usual... Was it... It was! It was almost ready! And Ton Ton knew exactly which being to use it on!

"Hey dragon! Still hungry?!"

He shook his tail mockingly; "I guess I'll be the one meal that got away, huh?"

The dragon growled at these sentiments, and moved to swallow up the Tonberry again...

Drop Group #4: Caim | Kalastryn | Kokoa | Kurumu | Puce | Melethia | Rugal | Teri vs. Not!Slindis | Not!Teri

Teri nodded, "Secret's safe with me! Promise. Hmn... I don't see Kalastryn anywhere. I hope she's alright..."

Caim grunted, "If she has the balls to attack a fake Rugal, then I don't think we need to worry too much..."

Teri couldn't help but grimace a little at the thought of that encounter. Even if it was a fake, the fact that it could impersonate one of their own and rend her in the state she was in was.... Terrifying.

Dmitri's Home: A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri

Dimitri's usually stoic face softened at the gesture, and he smiled a little: "How kind.. Ms. Vermilion; if there was anything I could do to aid you for this, please name it, and I will do my best to manage."

Disasterchild:

[quote]

Kyre | Tajuh | Mark

The man stroked Kyre's hair as he made his way through the forest. "Kyre, don't worry. Kurumu's alive and well. The thing you fought there was a falsehood." Due to the moonless sky, it was easy to ignore the man as he cradled the girl while they walked through the forest.

Drop Group #3: David | Elena | Kud | Riki | Saya | Slindis vs. Not!Ella | Not!Devon

Slindis followed after Elena, aiming to see where the tracks went.

Drop Group #4: Caim | Kalastryn | Kokoa | Kurumu | Puce | Melethia | Rugal | Teri vs. Not!Slindis | Not!Teri

When she was thrown into the firestorm, it looked like she was done...

However, that hope was squelched as she walked out of the inferno with only a few burn marks on her armor. "Impressive showmanship. However, that's all it was!" However, that's when the Kaiser wave went straight for her. Although most of the damage was avoided, the plating on the left leg had taken a severe blow. Undaunted, she continued fighting the two only slightly worn out from the two giving their all.

Drop Group #5: Aftan | Alashi (Ella) | Altea | Akane | Cadolbolg | Devon | Ton Ton vs. Not!Angelus | Not!Caim

Devon began evading the flames, continually playing that damned song. "I mean, it's pretty sad that you have to rely on Caim. I mean if I were a dragon, I'd hate being tied to a mortal that had a stick up his ass the whole time. Or maybe you're happy being his pet, you overgrown lizard?" Although he was uncomfortable prodding a dragon, he had to bite the bullet to ensure that Ton-Ton could get his attack off.

Rugal
As the fake stepped out, Rugal let out a massive wall of energy towards her, hoping between that and the fire would be enough to take her down.
And yet, she stayed standing.
WHAT?! she survived a Kaiser Wave?!
....That's actually pretty impressive...
He thought before she charged again.
He decided to change tactics for the time being until he could think of something.
Picking on Sambo, He awaited for another opening before pouncing on the drow attempted to get her in a choke hold.
She might be able to survive Fire and Ki energy, but he found few could last being choked to death.

Drop Group #2: Kyre | Mark | Tajuh vs. Not!Kurumu

The trio continued to trudge... and a trudging it was... through the corrupted forest, in the middle of the night, with Tajuh holding Kyre in his arms and Mark doing his best to scan the darkness for signs of life... friendly life being the current preference.

"Hey Tajuh... when Kyre can walk again... you wanna carry me? My knees kinda hurt from that asshole version of you breaking them earlier... and then you sending me through the roof and breaking them once again. Hrm... who would have thought that this forest was so good at copying us." Mark said, breaking the silence that had settled on the group. Sure it seemed an inappropriate time to joke, and he had been called that SEVERAL times in the past mind you, but it was his way of dealing... so deal with it.

Of course... in pure AA form... before Tajuh had a chance to answer they heard the sound of movement in the distance, it sounded like two people running through the forest.

"KALA! SLOW DOWN!" The famliar voice called out, settling upon the group of Kyre, Mark and Tajuh.

"Think that's a friendly Kurumu or... something else?" The Dramatist asked as he placed his mask over his face.

Drop Group #3: David | Elena | Kud | Riki | Saya | Slindis vs. Not!Ella | Not!Devon

Elena finally reached the falls where Riki had jumped into the lake. Pausing for a moment, she looked around and spotted Slindis following her.

"Looks like someone went for a swim. Someone else was carried off. I dunno if we should bother with the single jumper or go after the group." The Soldier said as she looked at the other set of tracks that lead deeper into the woods.

There was a brief sigh of relief as the trio continued their search for Kala.

"I'm sure she's fine. I just hope Akane and Aftan are fine... if what Jake told me is true, we should have run into them as well when Akane found Aftan. This forest gives me the willies... just thought I'd share that with you." The Shadow Knight said as she looked for signs of Kalastryn.

Puce was once again on the defensive, using his skills as a drunken fighter to ward off Slindis' attack while trying to absorb the woman's life energy or magical energy, whatever he could latch onto.

As he paused for a moment, Slindis' flurry of attacks being averted for a moment, he noted the loose plating on the Drow's left leg. Reaching out once again with his power, he sent a river of energy into the metal of her legging, allowing it to take on the form of a Bermese Python...

"Squeeze!" Puce yelled as he followed up the Snake assault with a flurry of blows from his staff.

Even as Caim yelled at Angelus, Ella was unaware that anything was wrong. Instead, she concentrated on making the tone deaf swordsman look even worse than he already did.

"Hey! Anyone ever tell you that you talk too much?" The Succubus asked. No Ella. No one has ever told Caim that he talks too much... not have they probably ever told him that he's a great conversationalist. What they did tell him was that he was a rather good fighter.

The flurry of whip like attacks was once again defended against as Ella used the chains' length to her advantage. As Caim once again blocked another of her attacks, she went low, seeking to wrap his feet in the chains.

The A.I. waved away any offer for return payment on her gift.

"Let us just say that it's a house warming gift. Besides, it would be a shame to have the only person that I have been able to interact with on a more cerebral level disappear in the middle of the night due to his Writer having a mental break down. My master is not the best company in the world. He has too many plots running in his head at the same time... and he constantly asks me for my opinions. He forgets that I am programmed to be nice to him so I am unable to tell him the truth."

Tajuh listened in on them, trying to focus. "Feels like it's the real one. And when Kyre wakes, I'll aid you should you need it." he was cautious, but he had a good feeling about the two approaching. If not... he'd cross that bridge when he got there.

Drop Group #3: David | Elena | Saya | Slindis vs. Not!Ella | Not!Devon

Slindis looked at the scene. "I say we look for the group. the single swimmer could be an anomaly, but such a large group shouldn't be ignored." There was still an air of tension around the drow, although it was easy to chalk up to the situation.

She was annoyed by the snake constricting her, but being choked was a far greater issue. Slindis went in and stabbed the man in the arm multiple times with a free rapier, proving to be extremely tenacious as she stabbed at the snake wrapping up her leg with the other one, delivering injuries to it with her rapier.

More fire from ANgelus was avoided as the man did his best to piss her off more, even playing some crucial notes of the song slightly off-key to add bad playing to the list of ways in which he pissed her off. "Come on, I'm only a single man. Or am I?" Right after he said that, the man seemed to spplit into two as the song doubled in annnoyingness.

Devon cast Silent Image, creating another image of himself! Although this one can't produce sound, the playing from Devon's annoying enough that Angie might mistake it for being from both of them

Time: Night

Kyre | Mark | Tajuh

The world was blurred and filled with the chiming of metal. Yet a single harmony broke through that impenetrable cacophony that surrounded her, a sweet voice seeped in kindness, a sweetness that carried through the dark night and the filtering of the blue moon, one of which only Kyre was privy to view.

Her eyes fluttered opened and scanned the darkness and the rain, the smell was familiar, too familiar. She struggled away from Tajuh and forced him to drop her to the forest floor, where luckily the emerald leaves had gathered to cushion her fall.
"[sub]Kurumu...?[sub]" she muttered before getting to her feet. Kyre swayed from side to side, her mind was not yet fully awake, but her heart yearned for action. She began to run, dashing past atop of arching roots and dropping down on what footholds she could make out in the rain. The forest seemed as bright as day however, a consistent blue light that lit up everything. And there were two people ahead of her who both flowed vibrantly and furiously. And one of them, one of them felt like...

"Kurumu!"

The Anti-Mage tackled the Succubus, tears streaming from her deep green eyes.

Rugal
Despite his best efforts, Rugal had to break the hold before he lost his hand (Again).
Still, once she was free, the Clone focused on the snakes rather then him, giving him to chance to finally get some real damage in.
Thus, he went with Boxing style blows to the face with a equal blend of speed and power.
Each tab to the face left a satisfying sound as fist met face.
While she might be better at swordplay, pugilism was a art form to him as he finished this combo with a massive straight to the skull.

A small laugh came from Teri, and then she said, "Aftan and Akane? Nah, they're strong enough! I wouldn't doubt them unless they entered a fight slam drunk! Hmn... Caim, did you ever do that before; just to challenge yourself?"

There was a snort from the warrior, but he shook his head, "Don't be foolish. Challenging yourself is one thing. Idiocy is another."

Ton Ton could feel the power brimming within him as the dragon started to close in on Devon and his clones. Black shadows from all around were leaking from the lantern, and infusing themselves into the knife as the dragon grew closer and closer.

That was when Ton Ton got an idea,

"Devon, get over here! I'm stuck!"

When the bard looked to his friend, he could see that the Tonberry saluted him with the knife to show that it was ready. Devon nodded knowingly, and sent the illusion to Ton Ton's 'aide' and made it look like that it was helping the Tonberry out. The dragon, seeing this opportunity, brought her mouth down to swallow up the two of them. This was her mistake.

A noise resounded through the area, something along the lines of a crunch and a 'DOINK'. Silence persisted for another moment as all combatants could see that the dragon froze and then... Fell over. There was a sound of rummaging, and the Tonberry came out of the dragon's mouth again, blood covering the creature from head to toe. With the blue lantern's glow melding with a sickly red from the dragon's blood, it was truly a terrifying sight.

Ton Ton breathed heavily, his blank eyes looking weary as he said, "Chef's Knife..."

The fake Caim's jaw remained wide when he saw that the dragon was finished off by a... Lizard? and looked back at Ella, "What kind of monsters are you people?!" Of course, in his distraction, Ella was able to pull him down with the chains. Priorities, Fake!Caim; the real one has them!

Dimitri frowned faintly at the notion of his home being destroyed, and said, "The Madam isn't intentionally destroying my home... Perhaps if there was a way we could dial back the link? It might help with the occasional leaky thought. However, Ms. Vermilion, it is in my policy to repay kindness with kindness. How about this; if you find yourself in need of a favor, you need only contact me."

He wandered to one of the shelves, and handed a book to her. Inside, was information which Vermilion could use to contact the AI specifically. Being that he was a personal assistant to the Writer, him acting as a mini-secretary (and even having contact information) was perfectly natural to him.

Angelus | Caim | Jake | Kalastryn | Kokoa | Teri: Drop Group #1
vs.
Not!Rugal

Back at the Campfire
Jake smiled, offering the dragon the flask. "Yes it is strong, but smooth. But I am only sipping it, so I should be fine. Besides, from my homelands, this is not even drinking. Were I trying hard, I'd have drunk probably a litre or two of this by now, and would be pretty drunk. Most humans can't drink a litre of this a night and be coherent let alone still standing, and my personal best is around 4 litres equal of this Whiskey. Australia is a hard place, where you can count on one hand the non poisonous animals and plants, the continent is a death world to the unprepared outside the major cities. 70% of it is desert, and the remaining 30% is filled with very deadly things. 8 out of 10 of the worlds most aggressive and venomous snakes live there. Only introduced species are non-deadly."

Jake pulled out a pistol, removing the magazine and checking the weapon, field stripping it and cleaning it with a rag as he went. "I'm a hazard here. I should have stayed aboard the airship. I'm weak, and not skilled enough for the close quarters fights we're in and will be in. When we manage to get everyone together and safely towards the temple, I shall ask Aftan for a teleport, or Elena a portal back to the Rising Dawn so I won't be a danger to you all. That's why I'm here with you. You should be with Caim, not here babysitting me."

The dragon couldn't hear sadness in his voice, but cold hard logic. He wasn't being mopey, he was right. He wasn't the kind of warrior to fight on the ground.

After Kyre went out to seem Kurumu, Tajuh watched the young Anti-Mage from a distance where he could spring into action if he needed to.

Slindis' head turned to the side for a moment before it snapped back, spitting blood and teeth into the man's face as she finally managed to free her left leg. Immediately after that, she began splitting her focus again as she fought the two, and Rugal could see that although the blows didn't kill her, they certainly had an effect. Even at the weaker state, though, the fight was far from given as she started exerting more energy in her attacks to force the two to expose themselves.

Devon laughed as he continued the incredibly annoying song up, pissing off Caim even more. "Seems someone's messing his big lizard, huh? Or are you just ashamed as to how you could mess up so badly, hmmm?" By this point, the song had become extremely grating on the warrior's ears.

Rugal
Rugal was blinded for a second as blood was spat into his face, but at least he knew the best way to combat Slindis was blunt force trauma to the head, the only part of her without armour.
He doubled back as she attacked again, looking for another opening.
It was then the clone noticed something, Rugal still had several open wounds to his stomach, back and shoulder and yet he was still standing.
Before she could process that information for a attack, Rugal managed to get his hand around her neck and chokeslammed her into the forest floor before mounting her and unloading on her face.

The world watched with baited breathe as Kurumu was tackled by Kyre and the world, who enjoyed seeing blood of all things might have been happy to know that Kurumu had almost sent a fist full of claws through Kyre's neck... almost. However the Succubus had been glomped before and knew there difference between a glomp and a surprise attack was.

"Kyre?!" The Succubus exclaimed in surprise, Kalastryn temporarily forgotten as she felt the Anti-Mage seek to embed herself in the frame of the Succubus.

Mark saw Kala in the distance however, running back towards where ever it was that she was headed. Under normal circumstances, Kala might have been able to outrun him... but... we're talking about a guy who disabled clipping and could now run freely through the trees.

"Kala! Stop... Now! What the hell is going on?!?!?" Mark yelled as he popped up in front of the woman who was carrying Melethia.

"Taj! Get over here NOW!" The Writer screamed as he spotted Melethia and her wounds.

Yup the fight was far from over but Puce was fairly spent at the moment. He had just about one last summon left in him lest he start losing control of his powers. Opening the energy channels that lead to the woman as much as they could be opened, Puce's body absorbed the life and magical energy like a sponge... before unleashing it on the wood of the trees themselves.

"Hey Slindis... nevermind." Puce said, not having anything appropriate to say as he unleashed an army of carnivorous scarab's upon the Drow. Even if they weren't the real thing and could not digest meat, it wouldn't stop them from trying to consume Slindis, who was having her face RugalSmashed tm at the moment.

Standing back... Puce began swaying a bit as he tried to maintain consciousness...

Disasterchild gets a 15 from rolling 1d20

and planted his staff in the ground as he watched the horror show.

With Caim wrapped up in a neat little ball, there was one thing Ella could think of doing as she mounted the Angry Swordsman.

"I'm sorry your girlfriend got message up. If its any consolation... I'll be your girlfriend." The Succubus said as she bent over and gave the man a kiss on the lips...

Moments latest the connection was broken as Ella stood up from the still body that had once been Not!Caim... a body that looked too gaunt... too stiff... too old to have been recently deceased.

"Hey Devon. Thanks for taking me out to dinner."

The A.I. nodded as she passed him her business card as well. It was strange though... in that the business card wasn't a business card at all... rather is was a wooden stake that contained The Red Hooded A.I.'s contact information etched into it.

"That is settled. The link could be dialed back with a filter of some sort. Like a strainer that allows most information to come through but intercepts excess information... It might work. There is the possibility however that in the event of too much data being sent, there might be some sort of feed back. The chances of this are slim but the possibility exists."

Tajuh ran over and looked at the girl's injuries with an implacable face. "Mark, whoever did these injuries knew what they were doing. See all of the organs affected? In addition to all of the different effects, she's barely clinging onto life as-is. We need to get her to one of the medical teams and fast." He picked the girl up and held her in a stable position as he made his way to what sounded like an intense conflict.

Slindis struggled and eventually threw the man off, still stubbornly fighting despite her injuries. Seeing how some of the blows had drifted and impacted the armor along with Puce having drained the magical energies from it, it had become a good deal weaker while she gave this leg of the fight her all, even managing to attack Puce with her rapier a few times while her stabs against Rugal became more erratic. The King of fighters could also notice a few fatal flaws in her fighting as the drow was dividing her attention against too many foes. If she focused intently upon one enemy she was lethal, but the constant juggling of wearing the both of them out had dangerously overextended her. If timed right, one well-placed flurry of blows could end the fight.

Devon looked at the Succubus in shock before nervously laughing and saying, "I guess you did get your meal, huh?" he was so shocked that he finally stopped playing that horrid song, not quite sure of what to do next. He wasn't angry, but what exactly had he decided to help out of Hell? It looked like it'd be his job to keep an eye on her.

Rugal
Rugal was collecting himself for the final blow as the clone wobbled in front of him.
Anger filled his being as he moved for the kill, grabbing the clones hair and saying "If you can hear this Tomoya, You want to kill me, kill me yourself!"
The clone gasped as he plunged his hand into her stomach, his Slashing Aura cleanly bypassing the fake's armour.
"....Go....To hell...."
"I have."
Lifting the clone above his head by his arm, blood dripping onto his head from above, he went to finish the job.
"God. END!"
Puce watched as a massive blood red skull shaped pillar of energy engulfed them both.
Once the flash ended, the clone was gone...
For all his skill and power, he just couldn't help but being flashy.
Then he returned his mind to something far more important: Melethia.
And so he ran.

Drop Group #2: Kalastryn | Kurumu | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Rugal | Tajuh vs. Not!Slindis

Mark stood there with his mouth agape.

"Taj! Are you fucking nuts?!? Why in the hell are you taking someone who's injured towards a fucking FIGHT!?!?!?!" Mark yelled as he ran after Tajuh and Melethia, leaving the rest of the group to ponder what in the hell was going on.

The fight had completed with Rugal coming out on top. As he stood there swaying, the "La Mort D'amour" coursing through his body, he stood there wondering what he could have done to have better assisted in the fight and he also wondered what exactly it was that making these fake members of the Rising Dawn attack as this seemed to be too subtle an attack for Tomoya, as his assault and New York had shown.

All these thoughts occurred to Puce right before he passed out.

Drop Group #5: Aftan | Ella | Altea | Akane | Cadolbolg | Devon | Ton Ton vs. Not!Angelus | Not!Caim

Ella was standing there wiping off her blades on the armor of the False!Caim before it turned to dust and disintegrated ash. A moment later, as she turned to him, Devon saw that she was now unarmed and her arms were no longer bound in the armor that had allowed her to catch Caim's blade.

"Him? An appetizer at best. Trying to get out of taking me out for dinner are we?" The Succubus said with a smile as she looked around at the destruction that the group had caused.

A colony of mutant bugs: Destroyed
The Corrupted Forest: Ablaze
Not!Angelus: Died of Indigestion
Not!Caim: Died of Digestion

"Nice buncha friend you've got."

Akane could only stand by Aftan and watch as the fight ended rather quickly. Her sword disappeared into it's sheath, and the Kitsune very tightly embraced Aftan. She started crying into her White Knight's shoulder. "I burnt Kokoa so bad killing the fake you, after she saved me from the fake you. Please, go help her..."

The Kitsune then released Aftan and pushed her in the direction of the last position of Kokoa and the group she was with. "Go, I'll follow........."

Drop Group #2: Kalastryn | Kurumu | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Rugal | Tajuh vs. Not!Slindis

Tajuh didn't even bother turning around to the man, merely shouting back. "Mark, sometimes you have to trust your instincts. And right now, they're telling me the girl and I should be over there!" He made a dash over to the area, running into Rugal not too much later.

When he got over there, he saw the bloodied King of fighters radiating an aura of good unconsciously. "Rugal. Medic. Now." The tension in the man's voice showed Rugal that Tajuh wasn't comfortable with the young girl dying in his arms.

He laughed with the slightest bit of tension in his voice. "Oh, no. I'll still take you out to dinner, but I'm a bit more of a hugging type of man. And I don't really know any of these people. Well, there's Akane, Ton-Ton, and fuck if I know any of the others yet. How about we fix that small little issue?" Devon extended his hand to Ella in a way that showed he intended to be with her as they mingled with the people there.

Upon seeing the woman he'd helped, he looked at the kitsune sobbing into her shoulder and carefully chose his words. "Is there any way that I can help you two out? I'm pretty sure there's a person or two that could heal your injured friend somewhere in this forest."

Rugal
Rugal was starting to grow concerned as he began thinking how much time had passed and the fact he left a top-heavy bimbo to take care of her.
Then he ran into Tajuh, holding a dying Melethia.
"Give her here, I can help her!"
"But what ab-"
"NOW GODDAMMIT!" He yelled at the acting captain as he took off his tattered muscle vest and laid it on the ground, whatever was on that had to be cleaner the mud of the jungle.
Tajuh laid her down as Rugal took off his bloody fighting gloves.
"Right...Just before I start, Tajuh, If this doesn't work, I want you to tell Slindis, I tried." He warned as he shook off his hands and tried to cast Cure Serious Wounds.
The air was tense as he soon resorted to silently saying "Come on, come on, come on..." to himself as he tried to use Paladin magic, beads of sweat rolling down his forehead.
"FOR FUCKS SAKE!"

Then it finally clicked to him and bit by bit, the damage the twin rapiers did to the elf healed.
Everyone present held their breath before they clearly saw Melethia's chest rise and fall as she took clear, unobstructed breaths.

As Mark arrived on the scene where Tajuh had taken Melethia he had just thought the following:

"Sometimes your instincts are stu-"
"Rugal. Medic. Now."
"-pid."

"Okay... well... we found a fight that's over. We found that asshole Rugal who just killed a clone of Slindis. Oh."

Now from a simplistic perspective, this would all be viewed as some sort of coincidental miracle where Melethia was saved by the lucky timing of Rugal defeating Slindis... but Mark... he knew better.

"Still playing around with lives, eh?" He muttered to the unseen forces at play.

Drop Group #5: Aftan | Ella | Altea | Akane | Cadolbolg | Devon | Ton Ton

Aftan nodded at Akane and preparing to teleport back towards the spot where they had been ambushed by the False!Aftan... to the spot where Aftan had first been carried away by the Corrupted Cockroaches... but she hesitated however... something telling her that it wasn't time to go back to Kokoa just yet.

Turning to Akane, she looked at the Kitsune in the eyes.

"It's not your fault you know. You were trying to save her as well as yourself. It was an accident. Nothing more, love." Aftan said to her Kitsune as they waited for the sensation to stay to pass and as they waited, the two strangers who had been decisive in defeating the False Master Caim and Mistress Angelus approached.

"Um... we come in peace?" Ella said as she nodded towards the Knight and her Kitsune.

"Awkward.." Ella thought to herself.

Drop Group #4: Caim | Kokoa| Teri

Not far away from the scene of the fight between the Not's and Drop Group #5, Teri, Caim and Gabrielle silently proceeded through the forest.

"*Sniff... SniffSniff* Hey do you guys smell something burning?" Gabrielle asked as she shifted the groups direction towards the direction from which the smells came.

"...Of course it's my fault. How can I even call myself her partner, your partner, if all I bring is fiery destruction and pain! It's happening all over again, it's all my fault..."

"Is there any way that I can help you two out? I'm pretty sure there's a person or two that could heal your injured friend somewhere in this forest." Devon said by way of hello.

"Um... we come in peace?" Ella said as she nodded towards the Knight and her Kitsune.

"Ano, thank you for your offer Devon-san, but Aftan has healing powers... And thank you both for fighting the fake Angelus and Caim, I don't think I had a fight left in me. I'm just useless and horrible! Stay away if you do not wish to be burnt!" Akane said, degenerating into sobs again as she twisted a tail around in her hands.

Aftan made to hug the Kitsune, but she only jumped back and away. "N-no! I don't deserve your love anymore Aftan! Go to Kokoa, she needs you! I can only burn..."

Melethia had stabilized, but the girl was still unconscious. It was probably for the better, since having to confront what had happened would be horrible for her when she woke up.

Tajuhwent over to Rugal and shook his hand. "Rugal, thank you for aiding her. Now, what on earth caused these injuries? Whoever did it wanted the girl dead."

Devon tried to calm the Kitsune by playing some music, but it only served to remind her of a song that Kokoa had introduced to her. "Look, I'm sure that she doesn't hold it against you. Stop beating yourself up over it, and I'm sure she is waiting to see you again."

Devon used his Diplomacy to calm the Kitsune successfully with a base score of 16.

Drop Group #5: Aftan | Altea | Akane | Cadolbolg | Devon | Ella | Ton Ton

They had been traveling for some time now... back towards the direction of a camp where everyone was supposed to rendezvous.

"I know that you're ... umm... upset right now but... if you give it some time, you'll feel better. If what you're saying is true, that it was an accident, then all can be forgiven. And I'm sure that there are other things that you can do besides burn... I mean I'm a soul sucking Succubus and I've got this guy wanting me to hang around. I mean jeez... he must really like playing with TNT." She said weakly as she tried to figure out something to say that was better than what had already been said.

"What I mean is... umm... I'm sure she'll be alright."

It was at that point that Devon successfully calmed the distraught Kitsune down causing the Succubus to look at her companion and patted him on the back.

"That... was nice." She said to he companion as she addressed the Kitsune and her companion, unsure of what to say really since she had neither hide nor hair of the group dynamics. All she knew was that Devon trusted these strangers and that was good enough for her... she guessed.

Ton Ton waved his lantern gently as he approached, the weariness and child-like tenor in his voice taking some of the edge off of his appearance, "Hello friends. Have any of you seen Cadolobolg after he exploded?"

He sniffed a little, which was odd, considering Tonberrys can't cry; "If he's dead, I want to bring something back to his parents... The real Caim and Angelus, not these assholes posing as them. My name is Ton Ton by the way."

Drop Group #4: Caim | Kokoa| Teri
&

As the little trio continued along, Teri gasped a little and covered her nose, "Jesus help me, there's a bunch of blood around here; AND that burning smell... Oh God...."

Caim sniffed for himself, and agreed that the smell was obnoxiously bad, and continued to follow after the two women, the scythe still drawn and ready. They finally came to a clearing, and the little group saw the massive through of people gathered there; along with their query, Kalastryn. If she was there, then things had to be a bit on the secure side, unless of course, this Kalastryn was a fake and they were all going to die horribly.

Caim held back the Cleric; as they both could see that someone was hurt.

"Isn't that Slindis' daughter? She looks beat up..."

"They could be Fakes..."

Teri turned and looked at Caim with exasperation, "You really think so? Ugh... And what if they're not?"

Caim looked back at the scene and then looked at Teri again, "We need to come out and appear unthreatening, but be prepared. Keep your staff ready in case things go down, but hold it defensively, like so."

He showed a similar motion with the scythe walked through the brush, the cleric close behind him.

As they did, she quietly murmured, "I hope nobody's a fake. I'm a little tired of fighting friends with false faces..."

Angelus | Jake |

Angelus only watched the fire as Jake spilled, and said, "Be that as it may, you must remember that we are also awaiting the return of our wayward allies... If anything, Caim is trusting you to hold down the fort with me. Does that not please you?"

Rugal
Rugal let out a small sigh of relief went the proceedure was over with and went to carry the Elf as the group was most certainly going to be mobile again.
He left the Muscle Vest where it was, it was mostly strips by now anyway
"Yes, she did. I don't know how but Tomoya managed to make...Clones of us. It was one of Slindis that attacked her, I had to put her down, taking a part of her power as I did, hence the sudden doctorate in White Magic." He explained.
"Slindis...."
"She wasn't the only one. I myself was ambushed by a Clone of Teri, If I didn't get my hands on this Feng Shui Engine, I'd be dead by now." He said, pointing to his new red eye.
"So you can see now?" Mark asked, resulting in Rugal remembering him from the Med Bay.
"30/20 Vision." He boasted, giving a wink, showing he was rather glad to have his vision back.
"And Teri?"
"Very, Very much-" Rugal paused as he saw Teri and Caim and Kokoa arrive.
"...Alive....This is awkward...Let me guess, you were attacked by Clones too?"

Rugal

Caim couldn't help but laugh at the circumstance, "You were almost killed by a clone of the Cleric? Funny, the inverse happened to us. He was really close to killing her. Good thing that didn't happen, or we'd be down a healer."

Rugal looked a little confused, and then looked at Teri, who was clearly uneasy at seeing Rugal again. Were she a little more to the left, she would have been hiding behind the (mostly) mute warrior.

He turned around to Teri, "And there we are. Now, don't you have some medical duties to attend to?"

Teri jumped at the acknowledgement, and nodded quickly, before looking over Melethia; "R-Right! Um... Is she okay? I have some spells left and a medical kit if necessary..."

Akane sniffled a bit, and stopped crying, though her eyes still sparkled with tears. But this time, of happiness. She had somehow, somehow, found people who cared about her, one big giant family. She grabbed Aftan, then launched at Devon, pulling the Succubus into it as well.

One big group hug.

"Everyone... THANK YOU!" was all she could say as she attempted to squeeze them all for being there for her. "I'm sorry for being so stupid, I must look like a mess now. Thank you all."

Angelus | Jake |

Angelus only watched the fire as Jake spilled, and said, "Be that as it may, you must remember that we are also awaiting the return of our wayward allies... If anything, Caim is trusting you to hold down the fort with me. Does that not please you?"

"Angelus, when traveling through enemy territory to win the battle, do you split your forces? No. Never, ever, split the party. We can make camp anywhere, we have several noted fire users amongst our ranks, and then off they all go. Standing guard of a small fire, well, not meaning to sound rude towards him or you, but we could have gone with them, and not had to worry about getting lost on return. Wait, do you hear that?"

Several quick snaps and the pistol was back together, loaded and ready to go, aimed into the forest.

"AFTAN! Aftaaaaaaaaan! AFTAN! Aftan!"

Akane and Kokoa rounded the corner on a small path. "We can't find Aftan anywhere! Help! Akane squeaked, Kokoa hovering on the balls of her feet in anxiety.

Rugal
Rugal was indeed saddened by the news of Teri's attack, He was starting to understand the madness to this sick trap Tomoya had left for them.
"I see....Well, you needn't worry about Melethia. See, As you might know, I am rather gifted with several kinds of power. Her attacker, a clone of her mother, gave me what I needed to save her life. She'll be fine, shaken, but fine." He explained as he held the elf.
"As for me on the other hand, I could use a quick touch up, I must say Teri, you know how to handle a knife." He added, pointing out the stab wounds to his gut, spine and shoulder.
"Or at least your imposter does. Would you mind? just I'm uncertain of the full extent of these powers or how long they will last. Tajuh, would you mind?" He said before handing the resting Melethia to him.
From what Teri could see, he shouldn't be standing, she could just about make out some exposed back bone.

As the reunion started, Tajuh looked over at Teri and shook his head. "Melethia should recover physically within a night. Go on, check on the others here. I can guarantee you that some of them were injured in the fights." He lifted the resting girl and sat by one of the trees, letting the girl rest as he watched the proceedings.

Meanwhile, Devon laughed as he had been able to cheer up the kitsune before she ran off. "Ella, we're certainly in a crazy group here, aren't we? Let's see if we can find a sane place to rest, because I'm just a bit tired."

Rugal

Teri nodded grimly, and lead Rugal to an exposed stump (still in clear view of the main group), to which the fighter could sit and Teri began her work on the King of Fighter's wounds. From the past few times Rugal had received treatment from the girl, he could already tell that she was vastly improving in her art of healing. Even without a spell, he could have sworn he felt a pinch of the healing energy as she did her work. However... The girl was uncharacteristically silent. Before he could comment, she spoke abruptly,

"I'm sorry."

"Hmn?"

"The impostor. She used my face to hurt somebody, and somebody I consider a friend at that. I cannot help but feel partially responsible. Especially with-... With Knife skills. I do know how to use a scalpel, but I did not anticipate it being used to hurt someone.

But don't get me wrong; I don't blame you for the clone of you... I mean, it's makes sense for Tomoya to make Clones of the stronger fighters. I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. The Fake Rugal probably would have attacked anyone."

As she said this; Rugal could detect a hint of melancholy coming from the girl. Was she lying to save face for the Cartel Lord?

Caim watched the procedure from a distance, and looked over to the gathered group, noticing that Puce was among them. It had been some time since he had seen the friendly face, and he gave an acknowledging nod when the man looked his way.

Ton Ton's height allowed for him to avoid being pulled into the hug, and he began to search the corpse of the fake Angelus for clues about Cadolbolg's disappearance.

Angelus | Jake |

Angelus perked up at the mention of the missing knight and snapped a small fire into existence, allowing it to float around her; like a torch.

"She can't be far off. Let us search.."

Drop Group #1: Angelus | Jake vs. Not!Akane | Not!Kokoa

Kokoa did in fact look rather anxious as she looked about for her wayward lover, Aftan, clinging on to the Kitsune's tail as if it were a baby blanket that she could not let go of lest she become lost.

"I tried looking for her through the Shadow Realm... but she is just gone. It is as if the forest snapped her up and ate her." The little vampire said, her eyes wandering towards Jake's neck for a moment before she started looking around the forest for signs of Aftan.

"Akane and I searched high and low. Jake... please you must help us. Perhaps if I create a shadow craft, you could pilot it and we can search from the skies and you could assist in the search too Mistress Angelus."

Drop Group #2: Caim | Gabrielle | Kalastryn | Kurumu | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Rugal | Tajuh | Teri

Puce's eyes fluttered open for a moment as he took note of his surroundings and more importantly, took note of the sharp pain in his head. Hung over again...

Picking himself up off the ground, he found that he had sustained a number of minor wounds from the battle with the Slindis clone. Looking around he found himself alone... though in the distance he could hear a fair number of voices.

"I guess that might be them." Puce muttered to himself as he walked towards the ground, pausing before entering their line of sight. He wanted to make sure that everyone was everyone that they claimed to be.

Kurumu finally managed to pry the Anti-Mage off of her after having been glomped on for so long. Looking down at Kyre's tears, Kurumu smiled slightly.

"Kyre... what's wrong? Why are you crying so hard?" The Succubus asked as she picked herself off the ground before cradling the Anti-Mage in her arms. As Kyre nestled in close, Kurumu walked towards the group and observed that everyone seemed to be everyone in that they were actually assisting each other instead of killing each other.

For Mark's part, he was busy. Busy checking on the status of the area and setting up various traps should any of the clones show up while the group was busy resting and refreshing themselves.

Looking over at Rugal, he couldn't help but note the difference from what he was then to what he was now.

"Decent character progression... could use a better costumer... bottom line still an asshole for that earlier power grab." The Dramatist muttered to himself, though loud enough for Rugal to hear. If there was anything that he wanted to make sure of it was that he did not appreciate Rugal's random attackn on Puce.

Drop Group #3: David | Elena | Kud | Riki | Saya | Slindis

The search for Riki and Kud continues... when StormShaun posts!

Drop Group #4: Aftan | Altea | Akane | Cadolbolg | Devon | Ella | Ton Ton

There was a flutter of wings in the air as Ton Ton introduced himself to Devon and Ella and suddenly the Tonberry found himself riding through the skies once again.

"Greetings friend Ton Ton" The Mini-Metallic-Dragon croaked as he wheeled about happy to see his partner in crime.

Watching this interaction, Ella definitely couldn't help but smile before turning to her associate, Devon.

"Crazy isn't the word for it. How does that Dragon have a human father and a draconic mother?" The Succubus asked... causing Devon to wonder just how it was she was privy to that piece of information.

Drop Group #2: Caim | Gabrielle | Kalastryn | Kurumu | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Rugal | Tajuh | Teri

Tajuh tended to the young girl as she slept, making sure that absolutely nobody was going to disturb her. I hope she'll be fine when she wakes up, although what happened would affect anyone.

Drop Group #3: David | Elena | Kud | Riki | Saya | Slindis

The search for Riki and Kud continues... when StormShaun posts!

He began to feel slightly uncomfortable and pulled Ella off to the side. "Look, didn't that dragon self-destruct in the fight? Call me crazy, but I'm not too sure about that being the real thing."

Jake nodded to the little Vampire, walking away from Angelus as Akane light her own ball of blue flame and held it aloft. But Kokoa stayed clutching Akane's tails...
"Akane! They must have killed her! That's why they are so quick to want to help!"
"*Gasp* You are am right my dear! BURN THEM!"

Kokoa launched herself at Jake, a giant hammer of shadows crafted and ready to do some serious damage to the Author. Jake cursed himself and jumped out of the downswing, drawing his sword as he took a stance. He only held his sword in one hand, leaving his left hand free to counterbalance himself as he moved. Speed and balance would be the key to winning this fight, he could sacrifice power for it. The hammer was the danger.

The Kitsune and the Dragon meanwhile, both circled each other, flames held at the ready, Blue against Orange.
"Ara ara, no pretty boy with his big, hard sword to guard you now! Or is he more of a plaything? HAHAHAHAHAH!" Not!Akane giggled, throwing a fireball at Angelus' head and summoning another to fly at her feet.

Caim minded his business about the camp, but got the nagging feeling in the back of his mind that something was wrong. Was it... Angelus? Before he decided to do anything too rash, he tapped into the dragon's mind,

"Angelus? Is something wrong?"

He heard the equivalent of a roar in his mind and, "Stay there! I am fine! Just a little irritated at the moment. Guard Teri, watch Kokoa!"

That was when the conversation broke off. Caim frowned, and knew that she was in a fight of some kind. If he had his way, he would have already been charging after her. But... He also respected her requests, and started to pace back and forth as his partner raged against some unknown opponent.

Ton Ton's heart lifted when he found himself in the skies again, "Cadolbolg! How-? You know what? With your parents, I wouldn't be surprised if you started fartting fire or something. Er... Sorry if I smell funny. The fake version of Ms. Angelus kind of covered me in blood. And I know for a fact they were fake. Something felt off about them."

After the conversation in her mind ended, Angelus placed a block against Caim. He could sense her vitality; but not her emotions, as they were indeed running high. The Kitsune's barb had dug deeper than the dragon thought.

"HE IS NEITHER!"

Angelus gritted her teeth and dodged another fireball as she lobbed another of her own. After that, she started concentrating fire into a snake-like form; creating a whip-like weapon of sorts. As she began lashing at the False!Akane, she yelled, "You know nothing of what is between us, little girl! I shall BURN you for your impudence!"

In her mind, she could already tell this was not Akane. The real Akane was far more discreet about other's affairs, as she as secretive about her own. Furthermore, Akane was not one to quickly turn upon a tried and true ally. This thing was not her.

Dimitri nodded again thankfully, "Thank you, again, Ms. Vermilion. Hopefully, this will help weather some of the storm... Now, with that out of the way... Tea?"

Pages PREV 1 . . . 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 . . . 874 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here