Roleplaying is Friendship - The My Little Pony Series (PRIVATE RP of 2011)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

gabmed:
No problem! Snip

Somewhat relieved by the fact that Fluttershy so far hadn't attempted to hoof him out of her house, Lionheart was about to try his best to explain how exactly a rabbit could have done such a thing... when said bunny emerged from Fluttershy's lovingly-cared-for mane. The only thing preventing Lionheart from tearing that thing into very small pieces was the very fact that it was sitting on top of Fluttershy... and the evil little thing KNEW it; Lionheart could see it in those little smug, evil eyes of it.

But suddenly, revelation finally hit Lionheart like a **** ton of bricks! Angel WANTED him to be kicked out of the house... the devious little thing WANTED him to react like a crazed bunny-hating Pegasus especially for that reason! That's exactly what all those pranks were tailored to do; enrage him to the extent that he'd frighten Fluttershy so badly that she'd never want to see him again...OR just to make him leave. The ball was in the other court now, and Lionheart wasn't about to back down from this challenge. He just had to play it cool...calm himself down, return himself to the epitome of awesome that was him!

"Sorry for wakin' you and your...adorable little companion, Fluttershy; guess I must sleep-flew up to the roof and written that in my sleep! Gave me one hay of a scare when I woke up... sorry for the swearing and stuff; I'm not exactly used to being around polite company, or at least, polite company that I actually like!"

That was right, play down the incident like it was no biggy whatsoever - Lionheart was sure that doing so would annoy Angel far more than anything else.

"I'll make sure to get it cleaned up right away, did ya' have a nice sleep apart from the whole...erm... rude-awakening?"

Iconsting:
Overly Kind Snip

Tumult was truly lost in an alien world of emotions at this point, but with Quill's reassurances something far more prominent made itself known: relief. For a moment there, Tumult had felt as if she had lost her own lead to a world filled to the brim of queer and interesting experiences and feelings; that of a true friendship - and she visibly relaxed on the revelation that such an important lead hadn't been completely lost. Gratitude, was also exceptionally potent within her, accompanied hand in hand with respect - Tumult recognised that must have taken a truly monumental amount of good-will not to walk out of the Café and leave her behind; even IF what she had told him was for the best of reasons.

But such sentimental emotions didn't sit well with Tumult, and she quickly sort to push them to the side and calm herself down so that she could think clearly. Adopting a far more serious pose and expression, Tumult listened intently throughout the entirety of his advising, taking mental note of things that particularly stood out for her. Whilst a lot of his ideas were rather rudimentary; Tumult supposed that the vast majority of the work involved in "changing" her would be upon her shoulders, and not somepony else's.

Tumult decided to completely quell the emotional thanks for later and instead directly focus on the initial lesson that Quill was attempting to give her. Yet by her warm, bubbly tone and the fast pace of her speech, it became obvious that she had not completely managed to filter out the afore-mentioned "unnecessary" emotions... or at least that the caffeine was still in her system.

"So principles need to be able to relatively malleable in order to apply in a wide variety of scenarios, and the rudimentary five that you've scribbled down on that note are good starting points, focusing on the second one? Sounds relatively simplistic and easy enough to grasp and to put into action... although apologising to a few particular residents...should yield interesting results to say the least. Unfortunately the vast majority of said ponies I have "wronged" are all the way over in Canterlot..." she coughed into a hoof slightly, smiling enigmatically, "But given your reaction to the little bit about me that I told you...I'll probably keep the details of those encounters to myself for now..."

Tumult paused briefly, before leaving her table and looking up at the slightly taller stallion, guess it was time to get all of this emotional stuff out of the way.

"Look, your shock and loathing of me are perfectly plausible given the...possible sensitivity of information that I just relayed to you. But there's a distinct possibility that the only reason I metaphorically lifted my mask was because I am fond enough of you to warn you about who I am... well, look at it this way, you're the first stallion I've met who I haven't actively tried to exploit and fool around with, so I guess that entails fondness? I cannot help but respect for the irrationality of both your kindness and such... even if I may perceive such a thing to be more than a little naive and foolish. I just thought that I should clarify that..."

"But that warning still stands. Whilst currently I act like I want to change... who knows what a combination of alcohol, time, boredom and a cynical mindset could do to my attitude? I may even be sub-consciously planning to simply use this whole "changing" concept to my own advantage, increasing the efficiency and potency of my acting abilities. Hay, I'm probably doing this for purely self-centred reasons; delving into the unknown world of friendship purely for my own interests. Please, bare that mind... trying to befriend me, Quill, is a risky and dangerous business... and I'm honestly unsure what possible benefits you stand to gain by it." She laughed a little, giving Quill a wink, deciding to at least try to add a joking part to this morbidly dramatised speech, "You know, other than being around a gorgeous and only mildly insane mare, and the possible benefits that such a thing could entail..."

"All the same, however...thank you for not leaving...you're way too kind for your own good, Goldilocks..." She paused in contemplative silence for a few moments, "Don't change..."

That sounded even sappier than Tumult had initially feared, but getting such things off of her chest was necessary.

Bara_no_Hime:
**Gab to the rescue snip**

Neku watched as the pegasus flies into Twilight's window. He was immediatly going to pounce her, if only to protect the owner of the place he was staying in... but then realized they were friends.

Neku was up. Neku had already been up long before Celestia had risen the sun. He had climbed on an exterior branch of the treehouse to, amongst other things, watch the sunrise.

He closed his book, leaving it on the branch. She wouldn't mind. It wasn't logical that she would.

As soon as the pegasus had dropped in, Neku decided to follow suit. He jumped on the window as well, leaning against the window. He was going to, as always, cut right to business, but he immediatly corrected his train of thougth. This wasn't Shippuya. This wasn't the same busy no-one-cares never-sleeps megalopole he once dreaded. This was a friendly, peaceful town. So he had to... be friendly. No matter how awkward that might be.

"Good morning.", he calls out. He is unsure what to say, so he simply says that, maybe just to warn the mares of his existance.

gabmed:
"Good morning.", he calls out. He is unsure what to say, so he simply says that, maybe just to warn the mares of his existance.

Rainbow Dash spins around, surprised by the sudden appearance of Neku. I shake my head.

"Good morning, Neku," I say, stepping between them. "Rainbow Dash, this is Neku - he's staying in the spare room. Neku, Rainbow Dash."

"Hey," Dash says, nodding to Neku. She glances back at me, giving me an odd look which I choose to ignore.

Flippincrazy:
**Ball Game snip**

Impluse_101:
**snip**

"Of course!", smiles Fluttershy brightly. She stays silent for a while before her eyes go wide. "Oh, it reminds me! I have to read the princess' letter!"

Fluttershy hurries to the letter, while Angel jumps off of her. He stands there, giving the pegasus a friendly smile. He makes his best to look as cute as he can be.

Bara_no_Hime:
**O Hai Dash snip**

Neku blinks, looking over the mare. She had to admit she was good-looking, and rather "cool". His looks fell onto her flank. Neku never disrespected a mare, and this is no different. All he saw was a... dashing... cutie mark. Lightning. He made the logical correlation in a blink.

"Uh... nice... to meet you...", he says, awkwardly, scratching his mane.

"I'm sorry for the intrusion, Ms. Sparkle. Should I get out?", he asks, hoping to get some time alone with Rainbow Dash (Purely for spending time. Non-romantically.)

gabmed:
Her Royal Highness Princess Luna's Letter to Fluttershy

Dear Element of Kindness, Ms. Fluttershy

I humbly request of you your watchful eye to look over Indigo Holinight.

She is a filly who came under my care about a month ago. I found her within the walls of Canterlot during the night, specifically, up against the walls of my tower.
I took her in, and when she was awake the next morning, I attempted to talk with the filly. She was scared of me, and I tried my best to help calm her down. Which was thankfully enough for me to be able to talk with the young one. I asked for her name, and she told me that it was Indigo Holinight.

However...that question was all it took to bring the filly into a fit of despair. I asked her what was wrong, and she cried more. I asked her where she came from, and she replied "I DON'T KNOW!"

I asked her why she was unconcious outside, and she replied with the same phrase. She continued to use it for the rest of the questions I had.
I suppose you know now that the young filly has amnesia, and doesn't remember anything else except for her name. She doesn't even know how old she is.

I took the child in as my daughter, and made a promise to help her regain her memory to help figure out who she is.

She's been with me for a few months now, and I've spent most of my time away from the filly, going through documents through old records to figure out who her parents here. However, I've come across a lead to possibly finding out where she came from, but more importantly...I've found out that her birthday is four days away. If you read this the day after I've sent it, it'll be three days.

Fluttershy...I want you to help Indigo with a trait of hers. She's shy, which I've heard is something that's incommon with you, and I hope that you'll be able to help her overcome that obstacle. You're gentle touch is something that I've put my trust in.

As well as helping her overcome her shyness, help perk an interest of wonder for how old she is. If she manages to become curious of it. I'm sure that the birthday party for her will bring her estatic joy. You and all the friends she makes will be invited to the celebration.

She will be arriving at your doorstop tomorrow by mid-morning. I'm sorry for not properly asking you ahead of time, but I need you to do this for me. For Indigo.

Her Lunatic Majesty
Princess Luna

Funky Flump:
Erm...Sapphire, you wouldn't happen to know any good cooking books?

"Hm?" Sapphire's head popped up from behind a short shelf. She props herself up with both hooves on the top of the shelf to steady herself, and has her mouth filled with a book she was pulling from there. (Carefully, of course, by the spine.) "Mwhahafa..." She carefully lays the book down on the shelf again. "I'm a terrible cook, Mr. Ember. I'm so sorry. But if you were a beginner, I'd recommend anything by Nayjella! I love her show." Trotting back around (flinching a little as her leg hits the ground, but it seems better than it was), she continues. "Oh! I know what we must look up. Let's see. Macrame? No. Mallets? What an oddly specific subject category. Mellon farm... too far." Scrunching her face up in concentration, she suddenly heads off to another part of the store. "I know I'll find it here!"

BlindChance:
Snipe

Mallow watched as she trotted to another part of the store, like some blue, small, book seeking missile!

"Erm...What...Wait...Were...Wait for me!

Mallow slid the other book back onto the shelf and went after her, where was she, and how was she moving this fast around the store!

Mallow caught the eyes of the pony behind the counter...she looked confused possibly at the sight of a scruffy white Pegusus chasing a blue Pony round her store, he smiled nervously at her as he looked around for Sapphire...Her leg still looked a little painful, was she OK? He hoped so! Looking around he managed to find her!

"Ah there you are! Well, you see I am in fact a pretty good cook! We had a chef in our house when I was little and she would teach me such wonderful recipes. Yet upon moving out, I found I had no cook book, well not one to suit ingredients of Ponyville. Plus with a Chef we required no cook book anyway, so I thought I should get one! So Im thinking a traditional cookbook, un-simplified would be marvellous!...And are you sure your leg is OK?

He glanced down at her leg once again...Also...This store was larger that he had first thought!

Funky Flump:
"Ah there you are! Well, you see I am in fact a pretty good cook! We had a chef in our house when I was little and she would teach me such wonderful recipes. Yet upon moving out, I found I had no cook book, well not one to suit ingredients of Ponyville. Plus with a Chef we required no cook book anyway, so I thought I should get one! So Im thinking a traditional cookbook, un-simplified would be marvellous!...And are you sure your leg is OK?

"Ow. Ow ow ow. My leg hurts!" Sapphire whines, hopping over to another part of the cooking section with her hurt leg off the ground. "Really? That must have been wonderful, were your parents rich?" Sapphire smiles, imagining it. "I never knew my parents. They died when I was just a tiny foal. But daddy's been wonderful to me. I try to cook, but dad won't let me use the stove alone. He's afraid I'll burn myself. It's so unfair!" Sapphire points to herself with her injured leg. "I just want to make him something special."

Running her eyes over the books, she looks through the list of titles and shakes her head. "Hmm. I don't know! Cooking has never been a field I've really understood. You know who WOULD know? Ms. Sparkle!"

BlindChance:
Ninja Quote Slice

Looking around the store Mallow's attention shot back to Sapphire when he heard her painful protests.

While she spoke he was still concerned. Should she really be walking around like that?

Ah Well, I guess they are rich, but I guess that comes with being post ponies for the royal family.

Mallow instantly regretted talking about family...Ouch...Died when she was a foal, such a tough little filly for her age. Mallow would of burst into tears at even a memory of a pet dying...Trying not to remember Commodore SnugglePuff The Third, he spoke up.

"Well Sapphire at least you have Arc he is a wonderful Pony, and you know he would do anything for you, no doubt he is just scared of you hurting yourself! I think we should go find that cook book, and make something for him maybe? After all, he built my house, so I should maybe do something to thank him!"

Mallow searched around for an exit, the shop was so confusing! Before looking back to Sapphire, slightly confused.

"So what do you think? Should we go find this "Ms. Sparkles"? And if we do, please hop on my back, your leg looks very painful!

Mallow smiled.

gabmed:
Neku blinks, looking over the mare. She had to admit she was good-looking, and rather "cool". His looks fell onto her flank. Neku never disrespected a mare, and this is no different. All he saw was a... dashing... cutie mark. Lightning. He made the logical correlation in a blink.

"Uh... nice... to meet you...", he says, awkwardly, scratching his mane.

"I'm sorry for the intrusion, Ms. Sparkle. Should I get out?", he asks, hoping to get some time alone with Rainbow Dash (Purely for spending time. Non-romantically.)

After Neku's awkward greeting, Dash gives me another look. I shake my head, just slightly. I see the relief in Dash's expression. She still looks a bit baffled, but then, I can't really blame her. Neku has that effect on people - myself included.

"No, you're fine," I tell Neku, "Did you need something? Or - I don't suppose you wanted to see the town today?" I ask hopefully. Maybe I can send Dash off to play tour-guide while I get back to my research.

Rarity idly bounced her fixed ball between she and Sweetie Belle before there was a knocking at her door. The unicorn mare let Sweetie play with the ball as she opened the door to see Artemus. "Ah, well if it isn't our local pianist, Artemus! Come in, darling." she said, magically closing the door behind him when he entered.

Artie was pretty happy to see Rarity not busy for once in her life. He uses magic to clean the snow off of his hooves before entering, idly giving a nod to Sweetie Belle, who doesn't seem to respond. "Rarity! I made quite possibly the greatest piece of music I've ever seen. I heard about the festival...thing tomorrow and decided to write music for it. To make things better, I wanted each pony to have a part, so I gave you and your friends solos, while everypony else has a chorus part. You and Fluttershy sort of trade off, because I didn't want to make you memorize a buncha stuff in one day, knowing your schedule." he explained, floating the music over to Rarity.

"Oh dearie, it's been quite some time since I've seen a full sheet of music, I'm afraid you'll have to play it for me...." Rarity responded, glancing through the multiple pages.

"Yeah, I figured most ponies would say that, so I'm trying to arrange some kind of meeting after getting all this music out. Hopefully, with one or two run-throughs, we can get things running. Anyway, hang on to that...I'm sure Sweetie Belle here could get you a headstart." he spoke as he started towards the door, giving a light shove to the smaller filly once her name is said. He then smirked and opened the door, "Take care, Rarity, and don't over do it." With that, he exited the Boutique and started towards Fluttershy's home.

Flippincrazy:
**Well, fuck snip**

Impluse_101:
**OH SHIT snip**

Fluttershy began to tremble as she went through the letters. Her coat becoming paler and paler as she went through it. Angel kept his "friendly" stare fixed on the visiting pegasus, with a "friendly" smile to accompany it.

"M-m-m-mid... MID-MORNING???!!!", Fluttershy exclaimed, looking over to the clock.

10:20.

"Oh my... I'm late! I'm late for a very important date!", she began chanting, trotting here and there, checking to see if her house was okay, if it was presentable. Angel pointed up to the ketchup.

"Oh no! This cannot do! So much cleaning, so little time... Um... Lionheart... Um... would you... mind if you could clean this place up a bit? And um... quickly? Please? Oh my goodness, oh my goodness..."

She flew off quickly up to her bedroom in order to tidy it up. Angel checked his pocket watch and then jumped up to the cupboard where the letter resided and started to read it, ignoring the pegasus' presence.

Bara_no_Hime:
"No, you're fine," I tell Neku, "Did you need something? Or - I don't suppose you wanted to see the town today?" I ask hopefully. Maybe I can send Dash off to play tour-guide while I get back to my research.

Neku eyes Rainbow Dash, then eyes Twilight, his gaze falling to the open book - she was studying. Or simply reading. Both him and Rainbow Dash were disturbing her. He knew that because that's how he'd be if he was on her role. He knew he and Rainbow Dash had to get out, and fast.

"Can she show me around instead?", he casually said, lifting a hoof and pointing to Rainbow Dash. He turns to her, and smiles a little. This is the first time he has shown emotion.

"I think she's interesting.", he says, keeping his smile.

Funky Flump:
Ah Well, I guess they are rich, but I guess that comes with being post ponies for the royal family.

"Oh, your parents are post ponies? That's so amazing!" Sapphire leapt into enthusiasm mode again. "I once read 'The Tales I Have Heard' by Mrs. Cavesson and she told the most amazing stories of all the people who would come to court. It must be such a thrill to learn about all this important business. Did you know that post ponies have to go through three layers of sc... oh, I guess you would. Um. Sorry." In a rare burst of self-awareness, Sapphire caught herself dispensing knowledge that was almost certainly known to the individual being given it.

"Well Sapphire at least you have Arc he is a wonderful Pony, and you know he would do anything for you, no doubt he is just scared of you hurting yourself! I think we should go find that cook book, and make something for him maybe? After all, he built my house, so I should maybe do something to thank him!"

"So what do you think? Should we go find this "Ms. Sparkles"? And if we do, please hop on my back, your leg looks very painful!

Mallow smiled.

Sapphire looked around nervously. It's true, her leg really did hurt. But ... "Promise you don't mind?" She whispered, "Dad says I shouldn't take advantage of other people's courtesy. It's bad manners." She hangs her head a little. But, she also lifts up her hooves as an offer to begin climbing up. "Let's go see if we can't find Ms. Sparkle!"

gabmed:
Me? Posting obscenely late? Preposterous! (Sorry)

Lionheart now felt much more at ease than he had upon his awakening, and was busying himself leaning against one of the walls and ignoring Angel whilst Fluttershy opened the letter. Whatever was in that letter, it sure as hay got the usually calm and collected Pegasus into some sort of worrying fit; Lionheart had to stifle laughter at how ridiculously adorable she acted when worried. When she implored him to get rid of the tomato-themed threat he saluted jokingly, chuckling a little.

"Yes ma'am!" he managed to get out before Fluttershy rocketed upstairs, leaving the letter on the table for anypony to read... not that Lionheart would though; reading WAS for pansies after all, and he was a Pegasus of action.

Jumping into the air, Lionheart inspected the stained ceiling with an obscenely critical eye, deciding how exactly he'd go about cleaning up the stain. Now what does a pony use to clean up messes... the not completely house-trained Pegasus mulled whilst scratching his chin with a hoof inquisitively.

Eureka! A mop! Simple, but brilliant! Lionheart bolted into the kitchen area, scouring the various cupboards for his desired cleaning implement. Within seconds he was back by the bed, his new mighty mop held firmly between his two front hooves. But this led a dilemma... which end did you use. Lionheart shrugged and gave the wooden end a try... but all that succeeded in was creating a nasty scraping sound and not cleaning up anything. That left the bone dry mop-end, which he wiped across the ceiling with a gargantuan swipe... but all this did was smear the tomato sauce over a greater area.

Lionheart glared at the mop viciously, deeming that this mop was actively trying to thwart his attempt at helping out.

"Not gonna help me out, huh? Then how's about I...heh... take YOU to the cleaners?!" In an instant, the mop lay on the floor in several pieces, it having paid the ultimate price for a perpetrating a most heinous crime.

"Looks like I've got only one other option...it ain't gonna be pretty, but a friend's in need and there's no way I'm going to back down now!"

Somewhat gingerly, Lionheart reached out with his tongue and touched the tomato-sauce flavoured ceiling, grimacing at the contact. A lesser (or perhaps more intelligent) pony would've backed down at this point, but Lionheart simply hardened his face and picked up the pace... and in less than a minute there wasn't a drop of the stuff left. The ceiling was spotless.

Gagging, Lionheart quickly disposed of the broken mop and disappeared into the kitchen and proceed to drown his tongue in water in an attempt to rinse out both the splinters and the flavour.

BlindChance:
Idea In OOC Snip?

Mallow smiled as instead he scooped Sapphire up and placed her on his back, rather than making her climb up. Giving her a second to get comfortable. He set off

"So where am I going then? I just realised I don't know where Ms. Sparkles lives, was it the library? I mean if she isn't in then Im sure there's loads of other people we can ask! This place is a self sufficient farming town right? So Im sure there's loads of great cooks, say we should go get something to eat later. We can ask some of the Ponies there maybe. Although lets do one thing at a time, Im getting ahead of myself here!

Mallow shocked himself, him suggesting talking to Ponies? Wow! Most likely because Sapphire was with him, he almost didn't want to admit that this was some of the most fun he had for a long time. And they hadn't really done anything. Just the feeling of being happy without being worried about being with another Pony...Although he felt very uncomfortable, knowing it was his responsibility to look after her, there was nobody to look after Mallow.

It was still quite early, the sun rose behind them both casting shadows upon the ground as Mallow trotted along.

Flippincrazy:
Holy shit why have I been so busy aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!! Snip

Of course Quill understood everything Tumult was saying. Hay, it was the whole reason he considered going against his ways and leaving some other, more kind-hearted pony to try and change the mare. Of course he knew that if everypony thought like that, those who were corrupt would be doomed to remain on that path forever. Maybe that's why he boasted his tolerance so valiantly. Perhaps it was his childish thought process telling him that there was good in everypony, and that trying to see it in the worst would it shine for all to see. If that wasn't it, then he was just as confused as Tumult. Whatever the case, he knew she'd at least humor him with his silly lesson. She had confirmed this when she said she didn't understand his actions. If there was one thing he knew about Tumult, it was that she couldn't stand not understanding anything.

"You're never wrong, are you, Tumult? Yeah, I'm sure all of those possibilities are far more likely than you actually making an effort to change, yet the possibility still stands that you are a truly good pony who has the potential to feel compassionate. To know that I was right would be all the benefit I need." He took a moment to realize what he'd just said, "I suppose you could sympathize with that." He added. Her comment telling him that he was too good and need not change came to mind. If she was acting, she was damn good at it. She knew exactly how to stroke his ego in all the right places, and made herself look more sincere than a little filly wanting to see her mother.

"Well, I'll leave you to whatever it is you need to get done now. If you need me, my office is right across the street, next to the spa." He opened the front door. "One more thing: I won't tell Mallow anything about what you told me today, not unless I decide he needs to know." With that, he shut the door and made his way toward the town hall. His "pressing matter" had been eluded long enough.

Flippincrazy:
**Exactly the same thing happened to me. xD**

Impluse_101:
**Ready when you are snip**

Fluttershy flew right down, and the first thing she did was check the ceiling. Clean as a filly's flank. She let a squeal of joy, but this was quickly replaced by a whimpering "Oh..." as she spots the broken mop on the floor.

"Um... thank you so much for this, Lionheart. I-I'll take it from here, thank you.", she smiles to him as she quickly picks up the broken parts of the mop and quickly sweep them out of the way and into the garbage. She flies into the living room and a warm smile spreads across her muzzle. It's shining clean.

She clops her hooves together in a happy way, and flies over to Lionheart, giving him a tight hug.

"Thank you!", she says, nuzzling against his chest once more.

Angel breaks his pencil in frustration.

Funky Flump:
Snip

BlindChance:
Snip

Tumult sat in a contemplative silence for a short time after Golden Quill had made his leave; ordering and swiftly downing three further unfortunate flasks of coffee in the process. Within this time, she had attempted to convince herself to follow through with this idea of "self-improvement"; as opposed to simply pretending to play along in order to get Golden Quill back in an easier to manipulate state.

For the time, at least, Tumult had constructed an argument that successfully proved investing effort in this was worthwhile; centring it around key areas of appeal like scientific interest and the simple prize of gaining friend-like figures, who would inevitably be mutually beneficial for her. Even if she eventually grew out of such an idea, Tumult reasoned that the experiment would provide invaluable trust amongst other ponies which she could later exploit to her own goals.

But unfortunately the methods that Quill had so far provided were rather remedial; and whilst it was certainly true that field-work often proved more enlightening than reading; Tumult thought that a short amount of pre-reading on the principles of "friendship" and being morally "good" might prove useful in her endeavours.

Rising from her seated position once more, Tumult briefly glanced at the list of principles given to her by Golden Quill; determining how a pony following this mindset would address the waiter. 1#, "Tell the truth and nothing but the truth".

"The coffee was average in quality," she said to the passing by waiter in her new, warm tone as she placed the appropriate bits on the table. Then turning to the list once more, 2#, "I will not hurt or offend anypony," she added, "Although this is quality derives from the beans which you import; not the expertise of your staff, which I am sure is excellent. Oh also, I apologise for maybe comin' across as a little cruel before; I'm doing my best to rectify that problem!"

Giving the waiter a happy wink, the glamorous unicorn promptly trotted through the exit and onto the streets of Ponyville; arriving at the book store in a matter of moments thanks to her speedy half-bouncing. What she didn't expect was seeing Mallow Ember trotting in exactly the opposite direction...with what looked like a young filly attached to his back. Tumult's curiosity was spiked to the extent that she openly greeted Mallow; plus this was a good time put into use her experimental "friendly" attitude.

"Good morning again, Mallow," Tumult began warmly; casting a scanning gaze over the two ponies. The fact that the two were both completely different in race and coloration suggested no family ties, yet the two seemed quite comfortable around one another; which was odd baring in mind Mallow's nervous disposition. Possibly an adopted sibling then, or perhaps simply he was fillysitting for a parent?

"And to you too, little one," she spoke to Sapphire, tipping her hat in the slightest of gestures, "I wasn't aware you had a younger adopted sibling, Mallow?" Whilst Tumult hadn't confirmed exactly who this young, bright eyed Earth Pony was with relation to Mallow; she reasoned that making such a statement would lead to the truth one way or another.

gabmed:
Snip

"No problem, 'Shy, it's the least I could do," Lionheart eventually managed to reply, having thoroughly rinsed his tongue out with a tasteful combination of water and soap, "Sorry 'bout the mop... guess I don't know my own strength -"

A possible commencing of self-serving gloating was cut short by the surprisingly tight embrace which the pink-maned Pegasus mercilessly delivered to him; who knew such a tiny pony could hug so tightly? Fortunately, Lionheart was getting slightly more used to this idea of close contact without THAT sort of contact; so the constant stream of hugs and nuzzles were getting easier to bare, he even managed to return the hug automatically - even if a soft rosy tint still besot his cheeks.

"What's got you so stirred up?" he queried once he'd gathered enough air, somewhat confused by Fluttershy's sudden obsessive compulsive-disorder. Calling on all his mighty knowledge of social traditions, Lionheart had a dim memory of his mother doing a similar thing when a few friends were arriving, "Expectin' company?"

Flippincrazy:
Adop...Whaaaaaat?

Adopted Sibling...What...Oh Sapphire! How did she come to that conclusion? Mallow froze up on the spot still without fail...She was only saying hello...Calm down...Oh Gosh...

"Oh...Erm...She isn't an adopted...Well...Sibling...Although...That would be...Nice, But Erm...Oh No this...is Urm...Sapphire, we are friends....We were looking around the...the...Bookstore...Erm..."

Mallow stared down at his hooves then round to Sapphire and back.

Tumult seemed to be quite happy, that was nice, but could? Golden and Her maybe? Oh no...Well if they were it was good for her, Ah Mallow never stood a chance! He should try to be her friend first...Still that was going to be a long shot, he noticed she was pretty much bouncing...Coffee, lots of it.

gabmed:
"Can she show me around instead?", he casually said, lifting a hoof and pointing to Rainbow Dash. He turns to her, and smiles a little. This is the first time he has shown emotion.

"I think she's interesting.", he says, keeping his smile.

I smile. "I think that sounds like a wonderful idea," I say brightly. "Rainbow Dash, you wouldn't mind, would you?"

"Huh? Oh, um, I guess not," Dash replies, taken aback by the request. Then, as the idea has more time, she nods. "I mean, sure, that's cool."

"Good," I say, "Have fun, you two."

"So, Neku was it?" I ask, flying out of the library above him, "What did ya wanna see first?" I fly in lazy circles overhead, stretching my wings.

Flippincrazy:
**Obviously snip**

Impluse_101:
*Knock Knock*

Fluttershy opens her mouth to answer but stops right on track.

Knock knock knock.

She squeals and flies swiftly to under the table, scared. Angel hops out of it and taps her on the hooves. She blinks. "Oh, right... Sorry..."

She shakenly gets out from under the table and takes a deep breath. She flies over to the door and slowly opens it.

Bara_no_Hime:
"So, Neku was it?" I ask, flying out of the library above him, "What did ya wanna see first?" I fly in lazy circles overhead, stretching my wings.

Neku simply blinks, unimpressed by the mare so far.

He saw her cutie mark and assumed. He had to make sure his assumptions were correct.

"I've trotted around for a while.", he replies, dusting his coat with a free forehoof.

"Want to race around the city?", once again, he was direct. No need to be indirect or to lead. He wanted something, he asked.

gabmed:

Bara_no_Hime:

Neku simply blinks, unimpressed by the mare so far.

He saw her cutie mark and assumed. He had to make sure his assumptions were correct.

"I've trotted around for a while.", he replies, dusting his coat with a free forehoof.

"Want to race around the city?", once again, he was direct. No need to be indirect or to lead. He wanted something, he asked.

"SURE"

*She seems to scream from the top of her lungs, and flies out the door, breaking the sound barrier, and accidentally hurdling herself into the sun*

And then the perpetually late pony arrived on the scene three months after everypony else left.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked