Your Blood In My Veins: A Post Modern Vampire RP

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

deathbydeath:

Lost In The Void:

TheIronRuler:
I'm reading this and I'm thinking to myself - What stops a Husk from running around, living his life to the fullest and becoming a predator to vampires - Stalking them, subduing them and then drinking their blood? He is better than humans and doesn't rely on Vampires. He is a Vampire of sorts- Of other Vampires.

Same reason a Gazelle doesn't attack a lion except when desperate; the latter is much more equipped to survive in a pitched battle. A husk might be able to subdue a couple vampires but in the end, he's bound to die because a vampire is generally the better hunter by nature.

that's a bit morbid. about the structure of this rp? will the quality characters you receive band together to fight a common threat? will they be on different sides, piecing together a puzzle larger than they are? will this be a team deathmatch roleplay with vampires? while the setting you've described has piqued my interest, if you could piece together more of a premise you would get a better character from me.

Please hit the shift button once and a while, its hard to pick up where sentences end without proper capitalization. I also expect posts in the RP to be grammatically correct so it is a good habit to get into.

As to your questions; the group will likely come together more than once but it isn't likely to always be together, this isn't a little 'team' made to stop evil, its just members of the three types of species caught up in a web of murder and conspiracy mixed with a rising civil unrest. This is a narrative RP.

Lost In The Void:

As to your questions; the group will likely come together more than once but it isn't likely to always be together, this isn't a little 'team' made to stop evil, its just members of the three types of species caught up in a web of murder and conspiracy mixed with a rising civil unrest. This is a narrative RP.

Is it going to have some GATTACA feel and logic to it? Because I can totally see that in that world.

I had a question about vampires and how they age. You mentioned that they typically live to be approx. 150-200 years old. Do they just die of natural causes and simply have an extended lifespan?

Would they visibly age similar to humans, only more slowly given their extended lifespan?

Lost In The Void:
It should also be noted that male ability to procreate is also limited to the ages of 20-25 due to a slow degrading of the gonads.

Hmm... this seems like a really short length of time - either that or the degrading isn't as slow as you said - especially since vampires can live up to twice as long as the average human.

TheKruzdawg:
I had a question about vampires and how they age. You mentioned that they typically live to be approx. 150-200 years old. Do they just die of natural causes and simply have an extended lifespan?

Would they visibly age similar to humans, only more slowly given their extended lifespan?

For every three years a human physically ages, a vampire ages one physically. The only time this isn't true is during the early years between 0-20 years of age where they age at the same pace. They die due to failure of internal organs, basic natural causes of death and what not, same as humans.

CounterAttack:

Lost In The Void:
It should also be noted that male ability to procreate is also limited to the ages of 20-25 due to a slow degrading of the gonads.

Hmm... this seems like a really short length of time - either that or the degrading isn't as slow as you said - especially since vampires can live up to twice as long as the average human.

Slow degradation as in it starts at birth and finishes near the 20-25 year mark, its a slow process but yes it does appear rapid when you consider vampire's ultimate reaching age

Still room for players?
I'd love to get in on this.

If there's still space where should I submit a character?

3quency:
Still room for players?
I'd love to get in on this.

If there's still space where should I submit a character?

Either PM it to me or post it here, this is an audition thread after all

@Void: Questions, Round Three (*ding-ding*)

* Are vampire susceptible to diseases any more/less than humans?
- Can they be carriers for diseases even if they aren't affected?

* What organs besides the stomach are different in vampires?

* Can vampires get drunk (does alcohol affect them in the same way as humans)?

* Are the school systems divided into vampire and human or are they mixed.

* What's to keep toddler vampires from snacking on their possibly human teachers?

* What's the hetero/homo/etc/sexuality ratio like in this universe?

* I don't see any mention of religion yet did any particular religion crop up to go along with the vampires' outing? Are there any banned religions? New religions?

RBMidknight:

* Are vampire susceptible to diseases any more/less than humans?
- Can they be carriers for diseases even if they aren't affected?

* What organs besides the stomach are different in vampires?

* Can vampires get drunk (does alcohol affect them in the same way as humans)?

* What's to keep toddler vampires from snacking on their possibly human teachers?

* What's the hetero/homo/etc/sexuality ratio like in this universe?

* I don't see any mention of religion yet did any particular religion crop up to go along with the vampires' outing? Are there any banned religions? New religions?

A vampire is more susceptible to blood born diseases due to the constant feeding on blood. HIV can be spread this way but due to the vampire's lack of fluids after the mating period is over, its rare to transfer it via sex. However if they share their blood with a Husk the HIV virus can be spread.

The lack of stomach and heart in a vampire are replaced by the processing centre of the stomach called the Pump. This pump sends the blood to the Divider which exists where the heart is which separates used plasma and sends it to the kidneys and sends fresh blood through the blood to nourish it. If this is destroyed the blood mixes and the vampire slowly starves to death, much like a person would slowly suffocate if they constantly breathed air with CO2 in it rather than O2.

School systems are not divided save for some certain private schools which become more rare every year due to increased toleration of the vampire species.

Vampires actually get drunk quicker than humans due to the direct injection of alcohol into the bloodstream via the Pump. However they also sober up quicker because of the fast cycle in which blood moves through the body.

Toddlers have to be taught at a young age to control their Beast inside lest they attack a human. Most attacks before the reveal were just thought of as kids just being kids. This is due to the fact that the canines don't become razor sharp until the age of 7 or so.

There are less homesexual and bisexual vampires than humans but they still do exist. Due to the need for the population to stay at least level, most vampires homosexual or heterosexual will still attempt to have kids some how.

To answer some older questions

Yes a Husk can kick the blood addiction but like coming off meth it affects you physically and mentally making it an extremely difficult process..

It takes a week in general for a vampire to starve without any blood to drink. However after 3-5 days the vampire's animalistic instinct, The Beast, will kick in and the vampire will feed on the unwilling.

Religion will be addressed in a later post

@Void BONUS ROUND!: Am I in? posted a sheet on page 1

Diablo1099:
@Void BONUS ROUND!: Am I in? posted a sheet on page 1

Not an instant choice bud I need to pour over all the sheets before I decide. Considering I said I didn't really want hunters though and you made a hunter means that you've made it a challenge for yourself

Lost In The Void:
Snip

Gotta admit though, fits real well with the whole theme of conflict running though this RP, besides, can't only be vampire's right?

Diablo1099:

Lost In The Void:
Snip

Gotta admit though, fits real well with the whole theme of conflict running though this RP, besides, can't only be vampire's right?

How does it fit? This isn't exactly vampire vs humans, its two species coexisting; you want a hunter character; it won't work, you're working with authorities that would arrest said hunters. And if you don't want to be a vampire be a husk, if you don't want to be either of those, be a human. I'm not looking for tragic badasses with a thirst for revenge, I'm looking for real characters here.

Lost In The Void:
Snip

Eh, I Tried...

Quick question: You say that vampires die to UV light, so if they protected themselves from UV by keeping fully covered from daylight, would they be able to survive?

Also, when you talk about gonads deteriorating, I assume you are just talking about the testes, not the whole productive organ. Am I incorrect in my assumption?

Berenzen:
Quick question: You say that vampires die to UV light, so if they protected themselves from UV by keeping fully covered from daylight, would they be able to survive?

Also, when you talk about gonads deteriorating, I assume you are just talking about the testes, not the whole productive organ. Am I incorrect in my assumption?

Its been a while since I've done biology so I'm assuming that would be the case, I shall google such things after work and adjust as needed.

As for UV you'd need to make sure not a beam touches you, this is why vampires generally only operate at night. There are cars that have been sealed to avoid all UV light, much like the cars you'd see in Daybreakers, but they're expensive as hell and you still need to find underground parking to leave the car.

Lost In The Void:

Berenzen:

Its been a while since I've done biology so I'm assuming that would be the case, I shall google such things after work and adjust as needed.

As for UV you'd need to make sure not a beam touches you, this is why vampires generally only operate at night. There are cars that have been sealed to avoid all UV light, much like the cars you'd see in Daybreakers, but they're expensive as hell and you still need to find underground parking to leave the car.

So burka wearing vampires wearing sunglasses, got it.

Berenzen:

Lost In The Void:

Berenzen:

So burka wearing vampires wearing sunglasses, got it.

And thats not even guaranteed remember as a vampire you have seconds to get out of the sun. Literally seconds so no light better get through

Lost In The Void:

Berenzen:

I was going to ask about this as well, since it would really blow if vampires couldn't have sex beyond that brief window of years.

Lost In The Void:

RBMidknight:

School systems are not divided save for some certain private schools which become more rare every year due to increased toleration of the vampire species.

Also on this note, how would the schools operate, since vampire students wouldn't be able to attend during the day unless all the windows were blocked out or specially tinted to stop all UV rays.

TheKruzdawg:

Lost In The Void:

Berenzen:

I was going to ask about this as well, since it would really blow if vampires couldn't have sex beyond that brief window of years.

Lost In The Void:

RBMidknight:

Also on this note, how would the schools operate, since vampire students wouldn't be able to attend during the day unless all the windows were blocked out or specially tinted to stop all UV rays.

I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't be impotent, as it's just a muscle that brings it up, I think they'd just be sterile.

The second question has an answer I'd like to know myself though, are all schools windowless now? How do the vamps get from one place to another if it uses the same time system, as you enter during the day and leave during the day.

Another question: What intensity of UV light can a vampire stand. I ask this because all energy sources on every wavelength on the electromagnetic spectrum, so even your basic florescent or incandescent bulb will emit UV light. Is it the intensity of UV that the sun emits at sunrise? High Noon? Just past? Would 13% Light Transference be enough to make it possible that the intensity is low enough? 20%? 50%?

@berenzen: pretty sure youre thinking blood pressure. last i checked erections werent controlled by muscles.
@vampiregonads: the organ itself wouldnt shrivel up and fall off, just would stop making sperm i assume. the semen minus sperm probably still gets produced.

also, vamps could have identical twins right?

also also, im making a sheet for a biologist husk 8D

A quick heads-up: I have the majority of my character sheet completed. The only things remaining are the biography and the many names I have to come up with.

Name: John Morgan

Sex: Male

Species: Vampire

Profession: Lawyer

Appearance: Being a human at the age of 15 when he became a vampire, John failed to physically develop from that point on, rendering him quite short for a vampire and a relatively weak appearance. John maintains a head of thick, black hair kept fairly short and slicked back. John has icy blue eyes and almost always wears a black suit.

Personality: John is known for his sociopathic behavior and for his ruthlessness as a lawyer. He prefers to avoid company and pursue his own interests alone, mistrusting others and staying in the confines of his own home whenever possible. However, through experience gained from his many years of living John is able to be quite charismatic when he needs to be. John is disgusted at the idea of a husk and proudly views humans as lesser beings, he has quickly forgotten that he was originally a human himself. A cautious individual, John always carries with him an old revolver, which he has maintained in good condition throughout the years and some silver bullets, though he knows he can use his supernatural strength and cunning to overcome most threats.

Bio: John grew up in London, and was born in 1873, knowing none of his family other than his mother. At the age of 15 John witnessed his mother become a victim of the vampire known then as Jack the Ripper. John tried to fight his mothers assailant but was unable to overcome the seemingly impossible strength and speed of the man. Before leaving, the vampire left John with one final gift, the curse of the vampire.

For years John managed to keep his existence as a vampire secret, and studied diligently to practice as a lawyer, striving to uphold justice where he could. However, the primal need to feed wore away at him inside and he was forced to seek blood at night. He tried not to kill his meals and was successful at first, but slowly the beast inside him took over and soon enough John had claimed his first life. An accident, he assured himself but he knew that he enjoyed the kill, and more of his victims would turn up dead. John became no better than the murderers he had originally sworn to condemn, warping his morals into those of a hungry, though cunning animal. John earned himself various names as a notorious serial killer, but was careful and his identity was never discovered. John was forced to move locations many times and eventually found himself in New York City, 2030.

Berenzen:

Another question: What intensity of UV light can a vampire stand. I ask this because all energy sources on every wavelength on the electromagnetic spectrum, so even your basic florescent or incandescent bulb will emit UV light. Is it the intensity of UV that the sun emits at sunrise? High Noon? Just past? Would 13% Light Transference be enough to make it possible that the intensity is low enough? 20%? 50%?

I don't think the vampires have to worry about the minor amounts in lightbulbs. I think it was mentioned specifically that they really just have to worry about the sun and special UV lights.

Lost In The Void:
Snip.

QUESTION TIME MOTHAFUCKA.

So, how much graphic sex and violence are we talking here? I mean, vampire stories are known for their copious amounts of sexuality and gore, so I'm expecting at least an R. Maybe pushing an NC-17.

In all seriousness, I'm kind of out of it at the moment so I apologise if I've simply missed something reading through the thread, but if a vampire's life span is 150-200 years, do they reach adulthood at the same age a human would and then live out a far longer adult life, or is each part of their life extended? For example, would a teenage vampire have a longer adolescence than a teenage human, or would they both be about the same but when reaching adulthood the vampire's life span stretches longer?

Also, if it's the case where a vampire's teenage years are extended, would they mentally grow with time and simply be an adult living in a younger body, or would they keep a degree of immaturity and impertinence?

Thirdly, how common are vampire/human friendships/relationships, specifically at a young age? Is there a degree of mingling or does each species tend to stick to themselves out of fear or prejudice?

Also your avatar is just about the best thing ever. Kthxbai.

SkyeNeko:
@berenzen: pretty sure youre thinking blood pressure. last i checked erections werent controlled by muscles.

There are a couple muscles in the corpus cavernosa that are relaxed that allow blood to enter it, increasing pressure, and therefore size. When it contracts, thats when you go flaccid. Anyways I have a large portion of my sheet up and I just wanted to see clarifications made before I submit it.

SlaveNumber23:

In this universe Vampirism is genetic, not a transferred blood curse. So you're gonna probably need to do some severe editing, or a brand new character.

Questions and criticisms are welcome. I can edit where needed.

Berenzen:

In this universe Vampirism is genetic, not a transferred blood curse. So you're gonna probably need to do some severe editing, or a brand new character.

Well could just use the exact same character with a different origin story.

TheKruzdawg:

Lost In The Void:

Berenzen:

Lost In The Void:

RBMidknight:

To answer all questions regarding the testicles of vampires since that seems to be a popular subject, the gonads are another name for the testies which like Skye said, would not simply shrivel and fall off as hilarious as that would be but rather stop producing sperm. An erection is caused by blood flow so a vamp has no issues getting it up.

As for schools, the windows are tinted bringing the UV down to acceptable levels. On high intense UV days though, it isn't uncommon to have the vampires be allowed to miss school. Vampire school buses run through the underground to allow the vampire to board and have blacked out windows to avoid sunlight. They are then brought to the schools vampire unloading bay, a building that is connected to the school and brought into the building.

This then leads into the question brought up previously about the UV tolerance of vampires. While minor doses of UV might slightly irritate or burn a vampire, only the sun or equivilent UV exposure will cause the sudden and immediate death of the vampire, its the threshold so to speak. In recent years it has been discovered that due to low volume exposure to UV that vampire's tolerance has grown even in the last ten years.

SlaveNumber23:

Berenzen:

Just thought I'd let you know, that's all

Berenzen:

SlaveNumber23:

Berenzen:

Just thought I'd let you know, that's all

Yeah thanks for telling me :) I wondered about that but I don't think the original post was clear about it and wasn't in the mood for trawling through the posts to find out.

Cain said to his brother Abel, "Let's go out to the field." And while they were in the field, Cain attacked his brother Abel and killed him.

Genesis 4:8

Then the Lord replied to him, "Therefore, whosoever slayeth Cain vengeance will suffer vengeance seven times over. "And the Lord set a Mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him. Then Cain went out from the Lord's presence and lived in the land of Nod, east of Eden.

Genesis 4:15,16

Kasurami:

Lost In The Void:
Snip.

QUESTION TIME MOTHAFUCKA.

So, how much graphic sex and violence are we talking here? I mean, vampire stories are known for their copious amounts of sexuality and gore, so I'm expecting at least an R. Maybe pushing an NC-17.

In all seriousness, I'm kind of out of it at the moment so I apologise if I've simply missed something reading through the thread, but if a vampire's life span is 150-200 years, do they reach adulthood at the same age a human would and then live out a far longer adult life, or is each part of their life extended? For example, would a teenage vampire have a longer adolescence than a teenage human, or would they both be about the same but when reaching adulthood the vampire's life span stretches longer?

Also, if it's the case where a vampire's teenage years are extended, would they mentally grow with time and simply be an adult living in a younger body, or would they keep a degree of immaturity and impertinence?

Thirdly, how common are vampire/human friendships/relationships, specifically at a young age? Is there a degree of mingling or does each species tend to stick to themselves out of fear or prejudice?

Also your avatar is just about the best thing ever. Kthxbai.

If there isn't any hardcore porn within the first page I'm calling this RP a failure obviously.

Anyways most of your questions were answered at some point, until about the age of 20 vampires appear to age at the same rate as humans, its only during and after the mating stage that their physical appearance slows. A vampire thus matures just as fast as a human would.

Vampire and human friendships are a mixed bag, ironically enough its the older generation that became the most accepting since they'd have already known these friends for years before finding out they were vampires whereas kids are less trusting, especially after reading school literature like say Dracula or something.

@Lost Hey! I have another idea. I am currently playing around with a character arch-type I've seen earlier in a literary piece, so he isn't very original, but I really liked him. Cottard, a man with a past of getting in trouble with the law, tries to commit suicide after he had committed an unspeakable act and assumes he is now wanted by the police. He fails his attempt at suicide and is then rescued by a doctor that does what he says and does not call the police.

Fueled by the fears and panic caused by this new developments, he begins to traffic in various goods - for humans, he would sell garlic, silver and also commodities that don't really affect Vampires, but are believed to, actually selling junk for money. For Vampires, he supplies them with various blood samples, information and other junk he claims that would help them in this new world. He basically profits off of the fears of the humans and the vampires, not worried in the slightest from the threat of vampires or the growing civil unrest, because to him, it's business as usual.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked