The Limit of Infinity: A Shadowrun RP (Sign-up Thread - Closed)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

@hiei: That comment leaves me suspicious... Mr. Johnson knows everyone, doesn't he?

>.>
<.<
O_O

hiei82:

Actually, you do have one pseudo-contact: the Mr. Johnson who originally hired your brother. Not that I'm going to abuse use this connection...

<_<

>_>

^_^

True..but I don't know who his Mr. Johnson was. I only know the Johnson that the one in Ohio referred me to, and I don't know if they're the same person...or if I can trust Andrew's Mr. Johnson.

Nooners:

hiei82:

Actually, you do have one pseudo-contact: the Mr. Johnson who originally hired your brother. Not that I'm going to abuse use this connection...

<_<

>_>

^_^

True..but I don't know who his Mr. Johnson was. I only know the Johnson that the one in Ohio referred me to, and I don't know if they're the same person...or if I can trust Andrew's Mr. Johnson.

You should have just said Andrew's Johnson... I'da gotten a chuckle out of it XD

Malyc:
@hiei: That comment leaves me suspicious... Mr. Johnson knows everyone, doesn't he?

>.>
<.<
O_O

Not implicitly no - he may know some of you or by reputation - I just want to take advantage of his back story to draw him into the game because that's my favorite way to draw a character into a story

but, if you want to be suspicious that's fine - it's only paranoia if your wrong.

Muh ha ha ha ha ha ha

Nooners:
snip

I've been meaning to ask you - you mention not to touch his hat but never describe his hat. Is it a stetson? Is it a Fez? I hear both are cool (along with bow-ties)

More importantly - is it a Fedora? (my hat of choice)

pure curiosity

hiei82:

Malyc:

>.>
<.<
O_O

Not implicitly no - he may know some of you or by reputation - I just want to take advantage of his back story to draw him into the game because that's my favorite way to draw a character into a story

but, if you want to be suspicious that's fine - it's only paranoia if your wrong.

Muh ha ha ha ha ha ha

It's only paranoia if there isn't someone after him... Just cause Mr Johnson doesn't know me doesn't mean that no one else does...

And when I said "everyone", I meant that he likely knows Artemis... which means that he knows a guy who knows me...

DAMMIT! Now the animal control officers are gonna be breaking into my park in the middle of the night...
>.>
<.<

hiei82:

I've been meaning to ask you - you mention not to touch his hat but never describe his hat. Is it a stetson? Is it a Fez? I hear both are cool (along with bow-ties)

More importantly - is it a Fedora? (my hat of choice)

pure curiosity

A fair question. And since I modeled Josh's overall look and wardrobe on myself (yeah, yeah, I know, so original, but this is one of my first-ever RPs), here's what you should think of:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150651995177901&set=a.427910932900.212081.632362900&type=1&theater

Nooners:

A fair question. And since I modeled Josh's overall look and wardrobe on myself (yeah, yeah, I know, so original, but this is one of my first-ever RPs), here's what you should think of:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150651995177901&set=a.427910932900.212081.632362900&type=1&theater

your link didn't work for me... you could just name the type of hat.

Yeah, sorry about that...it's kind of a cowboy hat. Not like a ten-gallon or anything, it's shorter than that, but definitely cowboy-style. Wouldn't look out of place on Jayne Cobb or Malcolm Reynolds.

Nooners:
Yeah, sorry about that...it's kind of a cowboy hat. Not like a ten-gallon or anything, it's shorter than that, but definitely cowboy-style. Wouldn't look out of place on Jayne Cobb or Malcolm Reynolds.

so either

or

I'm gonna guess the former. (a Stetson btw)

Yeah, the former. But it's brown.

Redryhno:

In terms of shared history, you wanta have a kind of professional relationship, the ganger and the cop that've crossed paths from time to time?

Well since you're a Night One and an Ex-Ancient, there's a good chance I'd know of you.
There's a decent chance that we've crossed paths at least once before.

I have only one question, can we load squirt guns with DMSO and neurostun?

drmigit2:

NO! NO! Bad drmigit2! Although it is nice to see another follower of the Spoony One's Counter Monkey.

Nooners:

drmigit2:

NO! NO! Bad drmigit2! Although it is nice to see another follower of the Spoony One's Counter Monkey.

As a robot, I would handle a squirt gun blast pretty well. I think we should start a squirt gun war.

drmigit2:
snip

I am not a robot and do not have waterproof clothing! No! I am not your meat shield! I am your mechanic! If you kill me, I swear my final act will be giving my life savings to a hacker so that you receive every spam message known to man for the rest of your life!

Is it bad that I find this argument to be quite amusing? Also, NO SQUIRTY MY CHARACTER!!!

Well... unless you like smelling wet dog...

Nooners:

drmigit2:
snip

I am not a robot and do not have waterproof clothing! No! I am not your meat shield! I am your mechanic! If you kill me, I swear my final act will be giving my life savings to a hacker so that you receive every spam message known to man for the rest of your life!

Worry not, I was designed for counter hacking and will then delete the system 32 of all the hackers that attack me. It will be a fine day when the machines rise with water, DMSO and copious amounts of cocaine.

@hiei: I just noticed that only about half of avouleance's character sheet is displayed on the front page...

Malyc:
@hiei: I just noticed that only about half of avouleance's character sheet is displayed on the front page...

Yeah... the size of the post exceeded the escapists ability to display the info. Not much I can do about sadly.

@hiei: I see... darn lazy posts, not showing everything...

hiei82:

I still want to know how you got from Chicago to Seattle and what happened to your original group of runners.

Mostly original, some alteration.

Her comrades tell her to go to Seattle to help with ___. Really. That's it.

What original group of runners? The shamans? I just assume they would know someone in the area where the game takes place and send more manpower. The story hasn't been revealed, so I just assumed you would have them order her to go somewhere and fulfill a mission.

hiei82:
snip

Why yes, it is a Princes Bride reference. Also my character sheet is now done so just tell me if you need an elaborations. Just saying I'm not exactly the best writer.

And now to research how forum RPGs work. AWAY!

The squirt gun wars aren't something that can really occur in 4E Shadowrun. It's much easier to resist toxins and most squirters can't compete when it comes to range.

Asclepion:
snip

Works for me. creepy little girl eccentric mid-teen has joined the party!

Character Approved!

Gabanuka:
snip

Interesting. letting you know, you may feel a little underpowered compared to the rest of the characters. However, If you are fine with it then I am. Please define what magic you know - adept, sorcery, conjuring and what spells/spirits/powers you have.

Otherwise: Character Approved!

hiei82:
snip]

Based on your suggestions I removed the magic stuff and made his augmentations a little more potent so that he can keep up. I also loved to idea of the body changing so I kinda had a play with that.

Gabanuka:

hiei82:
snip]

Based on your suggestions I removed the magic stuff and made his augmentations a little more potent so that he can keep up. I also loved to idea of the body changing so I kinda had a play with that.

Do like... you may want to consider getting a chameleon suit - clothing that changes what it looks like - might make your disguises more convincing.

Gabanuka:

hiei82:
snip]

I'd also maybe request, just to help you, to give yourself some wired reflexes, a bit of dermal plating, and maybe a fingertip compartment with a monofilament whip. Just as a way to try to get your mystical, immortal front going. You've got a smartlink system, some body augmentations, and some other things, I think, right?

This might help if you were looking for something else.

http://www.gods-inc.de/macavity/shadowrun/cybernetics/cyberlimb.html

Redryhno:

Gabanuka:

hiei82:
snip]

I'd also maybe request, just to help you, to give yourself some wired reflexes, a bit of dermal plating, and maybe a fingertip compartment with a monofilament whip. Just as a way to try to get your mystical, immortal front going. You've got a smartlink system, some body augmentations, and some other things, I think, right?

This might help if you were looking for something else.

http://www.gods-inc.de/macavity/shadowrun/cybernetics/cyberlimb.html

In which case, some smoke grenades/flash bangs for entrance and exits could be useful - emulating the stage magic. An old trick I used to use was to have a pair of false teeth with a little plastique in one and a mini-detonator in the other to blow the locks on doors - it made pulling an escape artist hilariously easy.

On which note: if I see him start pulling a Houdini - I will lol.

By Houdini, you obviously mean after being suspended upside down in a straight jacket inside of a shark cage all the while surrounded by bloodthirsty genetically engineered great whites, right?

Mostly correct - you forgot to augment the sharks with rockets.

rockets are too mainstream... what about a spikelauncher, and the spikes have mines embedded in the shaft?

@Super sharks: Eeep!

Remind me to avoid any somewhat large ponds if those start happening...

@Malyc:

Who said anything about sharks swimming in that description? I just said he was surrounded by them...

@Red: O_O

I'm never going outside again... Wait, I live outside... IM SCREWED!!!

My lack of knowledge about Shadowrun makes this hard but what I was thinking was less full robotic limbs and more enhanced to physical peak for humans, maybe above human reflexes. As for all the gadgets and such I'm thinking I'll just ad "vast assortment of gadgets" to the character sheet instead of listing everything I have in mind. Love the chameleon suit though.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked