Limit of Infinity: A Shadowrun RP (Game thread)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 15 NEXT

Just as Roberts was introducing himself an Orc decided to show up and sit down at the mens table.
"Well fine, if we're ignoring social convention I guess I'll take a seat"
He sat down and examined, he seemed rather unremarkable; huge like most of his race and with the faint arua of magic about him. A quick scan revealed no Augmentations and no weapons beyond a few knives here and there
Oh great, either this guy loves to stab or he's a full time mage either way Roberts wasn't happy.

"the name is Cross. Here for the job from a Mr. Tanaka as well."

"You and half the city apparently" He gave another glimpse at the room, even more people had shown up "What the hell do you think they're pulling to warrant a private army?"

Avalanche quickly picked up his blade and concealed the weapon at his side, ensuring that it couldn't be seen from the man who had approached the booth. Clay saw the swift motion of the man across from him from the corner of his eyes and thought, Gotta hand it to him, the man knows a great deal about discretion.

"Evening gentlemen, mind if I join you? I'm getting board of elves and mages."

"Well, more like early morning, but that was a valiant effort, sir," Clay said, a bit annoyed that the likely culprit of the broken glass caper had decided to walk up so nonchalantly as if it never happened. "So, you must be the one who'll be buying my next drink, right? While I enjoy a good show, I don't very much appreciate my drink bursting in front of me. If you'll please, let the bartender know I'll need a glass of his finest scotch."

As he spoke, he drew a few napkins from the dispenser on the table and cleaned up what remained of his latest investment in glass and alcohol. No sooner than he set aside the paper bundle full of wasted relief, some towering Orc that may as well have been twice Clay's size decided to mosey on over and sit down next to him uninvited.

"the name is cross. Here for the job from a Mr. Tanaka as well."

"Oh, really, now?" Clay asked, a bit agitated that this had happened twice now. A brief moment of thought brought him to believe it was likely just karma, once again showing who was really running things in life, as he had pretty much done the same to Avalanche. Still, it was a little ridiculous at this point. "Congratu-fuckin'-lations, pal. Maybe we can get you a pretty little button you can pin on your chest, now that we know you're part of the fuckin' club. Name's Clay, by the way."

While you're at it, feel free to help yourself to a tall glass of 'shut-the-fuck-up', thought Clay. He had half a mind to say it aloud, but figured it wouldn't be too kind. The Colt never left the runner's hand and was still hidden from sight, though it now found itself ready to fill Cross's gut with .357 hollow-points, should he try anything other than playing Statue.

10 seconds in a Roberts liked Clay, dude clearly had balls to chew out an Orc like that. Given the mans demeanour Roberts guessed he was a merc; hostile yet casual and always ready to shoot.
He spoke in a calm voice
"Judging by the gun under the table you clearly aren't thrilled to see us."
Augmentations made life so much easier.

"And as for the drink" he continued "I'd be happy to" He turned his head to the barman
Christ that guy must be terrified he thought before indicated that he wanted a refill for Clay.
"Lovely weapon choice by the way, bit to small for my liking though"

Edge made his way back to the Club, passing past the doorman who offered him a dirty look due to the scuffle that just happened, not that he felt like he should intervene at all. Hypocrite.
He walked over to the group he had introduced himself before, making his way over to the figure in the orange environmental suit, he was intrigued by this figure and overheard a voice coming from it, something that he did not expect to come from a 7" faceless individual, the voice of a little girl.

"Does anyone what me to show them what I can do?"

Edge was indeed interested in what this strange looking girl could offer the group, especially one as young as she sounded.

"Hey girl, I'm not sure that you heard me introduce myself, the name's Edge. And I'm quite interested in what you can do, go ahead sweetie"

After watching what had happened earlier with the whole star issue, Venaticus was less than pleased to see what she could actually do. I will just shift over to the side and hope she does not hurt anyone.

He checked up on the Matrix again for any information regarding the elf and nothing had come up yet. Damn it Yury, I hire you to get me information quickly, not at a snail's pace. As he contemplated hiring someone else to find information on the Cones while he was busy with the Japanese, a little message popped up with only one word. Triads. He immediately broke off and was admittedly under informed on the Triads. He knew they were a dangerous gang, and that they killed Cone. Aside from that, he had never really tackled them.

Venaticus broke off the Matrix again and decided to ask out generally "Does anyone know anything about the Triads? It is important."

"Does anyone know anything about the Triads? It is important."

Marlowe heard the voice from across the club. Charlie knew peope who knew people who knew people and he knew just the guy for this request. Now this. ladies and gentlemen, was an opportunity for business. He beckoned the Hispanic man over to his table.

"You and half the city apparently" He gave another glimpse at the room, even more people had shown up "What the hell do you think they're pulling to warrant a private army?"

Cross nodded and then rubbed his chin with the back of his hand before reply:

"Can't know before, but something this size, they probably are hitting multiple targets at once and need multiple teams."

"Oh, really, now? Congratu-fuckin'-lations, pal. Maybe we can get you a pretty little button you can pin on your chest, now that we know you're part of the fuckin' club. Name's Clay, by the way."

Jamal's face remained passive but his instinctively moved his hand to the hilt of his grandfather's trench knife at his side as soon as he heard the hostility.

"That's very cute cowboy but I think the pissing contests are just about over. Nice to meet you Clay"

His tone betrayed his amusement and he nodded at the human.

A man who looked like something out of a detective story was making hand motions directed at Venaticus. It seemed he had information to spare or a way to get to it. Well I asked, no need to be rude. Let's see what he has to offer. Perhaps I could make an exchange.

Venaticus approached the table and sat down. He could feel the chair buckle a tiny bit and made note not to move too much to avoid breaking the whole thing. He said in a hushed and cool manner "I assume you have information on the Triad? I need to know who is operating in this locale, the importance is critical, discreteness recommended. You can handle that I hope. You may call me Rodrigo by the way."

"Judging by the gun under the table you clearly aren't thrilled to see us."

"Ol' big'n'smelly here," Clay said, nodding at the six-foot-six stack of meat next to him, "ain't polite enough to at least ask before gettin' comfy. I don't like impolite people. You, on the other hand, just seem like the sleazy, underhanded type that I don't much like either. And bravo, you've managed to figure out that I've got a piece and ain't exactly ecstatic 'bout havin' a perfectly good conversation interrupted by a two-bit magician with a few too many tricks up his sleeve and an oversized walking steak who looks like he eats his Wheaties by the bucket."

"And as for the drink, I'd be happy to."

"Much a-fuckin'-preciated," said Clay, adding to himself, Just saved yourself a shot to the gut.

"Lovely weapon choice by the way, bit to small for my liking though"

"Ha! Comin' from a guy who's likely got more small parts in him than a Korean model car set," Clay retorted, none too happy about the man's judgement about his weapon. "This 'lovely weapon' might not be a cannon, but it'll put ya down faster than a sadistic vet would an unwanted pet."

Keep it up asshole, Clay thought, his liking for the man shrinking with every word he spoke, and I'll put so much lead in you, you'll be too full to eat your own words.

"That's very cute cowboy but I think the pissing contests are just about over. Nice to meet you Clay"

"Ain't makin' no contest, One-Ton Wonder," Clay said, silently adding, And 'cowboy'? Really? I'll have you dead and on the floor faster'n you can say 'yippee-ki-yay', motherfucker.

The bartender had just arrived, setting Clay's scotch in front of him. The runner nodded in thanks and picked up the glass with his free hand and took a sip. "I'm just tryin' to enjoy my drink. Nice to meet ya, too, hoss."

As the bar settled back into the tense state of waiting, the doorway to a back room opened. From the newly formed breach, poured a veritable army of finely dressed Asians, all in black suits, each a large specimen of humanity, a well concealed handgun in their jacket pockets, and proudly displaying their clearly Yakuza tattoos. As the wave of men moved into the room, what few guests and employees remained, quietly stood and left - to quickly for it to be unexpected. For a moment, the fear of a trap fell over the rag-tag group of runners, until their prospective employer made his entrance.

The man himself was fairly underwhelming compared to the ensemble of men around him. He was easily the shortest man in the room and appeared to be free of weapons of any sort. Upon further inspection however, his eyes betrayed the calm and cunning man he was behind the facade. They had an edge to them that cut to the core. Combined with the asymmetrical smirk upon his face, he was easy to make out as perhaps the most dangerous person in the room. He wore an expensive business suit, causally displaying the obvious wealth at his disposal. For Chromad, it was the unbalanced smirk that gave him away as the man he had seen so few hours ago, the silhouette in his van. To Taylor, he seemed the same man she had met in Chicago. Behind him stood three figures, each appearing dangerous in their own right.

The first was the most obvious. Where as his employer's stature was miniscule, his own seemed unreal. He rivaled a troll in height and build, standing over 7 feet, topping even Nova in height. At his waste hung a katana of the finest make and like the men around them, he had significant ink work done, marking him as the highest ranking Yakuza in the room. In addition, several muscle and sensory augmentations had been introduced into his body, perfecting his inhuman presence as more machine than man. To Cross, Wulf, and Clay, the man was a familiar sight; the man who had offered them the job. Unlike how they had seen him before, he wore his shirt unbuttoned, proudly displaying his ink.

The second was somewhat less impressive and more for her inclusion in the group. her only obvious armaments were a pair of machete hanging behind her back, but the glow that came off them displayed her real power. She wore a slinky dress, barely covering her curves. She showed no signs of augmentation, not counting the significant tattoos running along her body. Unlike the other members of the group, she appeared more Chinese then Japanese - her dress and mannerisms giving her mixed origin away, and her strange combination of tattoos suggesting both Triad and Yakuza connections. To Charlie and Venaticus, the woman was the very same who had offered them their invitations. No one could help but notice the apparent resemblance between her and the so called Mr. Johnson.

The final man was the strangest of the group for one reason - he was clearly not Asian, but Caucasian - his dirty blond hair like a spot of gold in the sea of dark colors. He, like the Yakuza leader, was augmented, though much less significantly. A honeycomb of metallic patches circled his neck. He wore an unadorned military-grade HUD on his head, but it was retracted, allowing him to sport a pair of sunglasses whoes only function seemed to be to hide the signs of drug addiction in his eyes, visible at the corners where the glasses could not quiet work. he carried a small arsenal of weapons, ranging from pistol side arm to a grenade launcher. He had a bandolier wrapped around his chest, each containing not ammo, but small glass vials filled with an orange liquid of unknown purpose. He also wore a long brown overcoat. Even from the distance between them, Doc and Avalanche could smell the same chemicals from the man they had sensed from the one who first offered them the job.

The shorter man in the suit continued to smirk as he made his way to a large table in the center of the room. Displaying a sense of humility that was entirely unexpected, the man bowed deeply before the group then began to speak in somewhat broken english. "Thank you for... agreeing to meet me on such... short notice." he began, his accent only slightly harming the understanding. "I am Tanaka-san. You may call me... Johnson-san if that is more convenient... It is I who asked you here today. I have a... problem I need "taking care of" here in Seattle for which I believe you are each... uniquely skilled."

Taking a moment, a realization dawned on the man. "Please Excuse me, I have been rude. please become more comfortable while we discuss this further." The man pulled back a chair and offered the well-dressed woman behind him a seat before taking a seat of his own at the long table, next to the woman and toward the center. He then turned to the large yakuza and made a slight nod. The man reached into his coat pocket, withdrawing a small bottle of sake. The large man poured the shorter man a glass. The other yakuza and the mercenary remained still.

After taking a sip of the sake, the man continued. His smile had disappeared. "I need three things of you. First, I need you to break into a certain building and... acquire some information regarding the whereabouts of specific individual - along with any other information you deem valuable. I will pay handsomely for any data I find particularly valuable. My employer is... rather interested in information, and the power that goes with it." At that, the more experienced corp runners in the group understood the meaning of the statement - there was only one Japanese corp in the information trade - Renraku. While the realization set in, the Johnson continued. "The second objective is to... make this particular facility incapable of storing data again. You must understand, my employer does not like our competitors having high security data archives."

At this point, the job seemed easy enough. Break into a building, steal some data, destroy some data. It was as the Johnson said his final words that they understood the implications. "Finally, You must use the information gained to either capture or kill the person I will name. I cannot say much more until you agree to the job - for security reasons you understand - but I can tell you the man works for NeoNET's Novatech Seattle facility." Some of the group paled, others seemd not to care, others seemed delighted, but all knew one thing: Renraku wanted someone at NeoNET out of the picture for good - some one in the most secure compounds on the east coast.

NOW the 20K payday made sense.

"I assume you have information on the Triad? I need to know who is operating in this locale, the importance is critical, discreteness recommended. You can handle that I hope. You may call me Rodrigo by the way."

Marlowe spoke first and thought later. How to nab a deal: receive the request, agree to the request, make the customer come to you and in that time worry about what you're gonna say. Charile scratched his 5 o'clock shadow. Just looking at Rodrigo made him feel old, he musta be... about twenty? And at least fifteen others were about the same age. He spotted an orc that looked worse than for wear than he did. At least ever since his fall, Charlie was aware there was only someone worse off and took comfort in that fact. This twenty-something had guts, Marlowe'll give him that, asking after the Triads in least discrete way possible. Either he was gonna join them, or out for revenge. Charile settled for the latter, he didn't look like someone who wanted a bloody life with the Triad, anyways. He turned to face Rodrigo.

"Discrete? Like you announced to the whole of this club your need for Triad info." Marlowe sighed. "Do that often enough and they'll come to you."

He decided to stop with the scary stories. This guy was probably new here.

"Anyways, that piece of advice is free. As they say, knowledge is power so how about a little knowledge for a little power? Namely contacts. Them's the terms."

Then he spotted the Woman with the Dress and nudged Rodrigo.

"Sorry, I have a meeting to attend. We can discuss the deal later."

Nolan took a seat on a nearby stool. "Mr. Tanaka, while we all know more about the job now, you haven't given us any real specifics. Will you be telling us the address of the building now, or at a later time?" he called.

"Mr. Tanaka, while we all know more about the job now, you haven't given us any real specifics. Will you be telling us the address of the building now, or at a later time?" Nolan asked

Tanaka-san considered the question, sipping from his sake as he did so then answered.

"I'm afraid I cannot tell you the address until after you have accepted the offer. I can answer non-specific questions if that will aid you, such as the kinds of security you will face, numbers of guards present and so on."

Venaticus nodded and looked towards the men and the woman. Guess she is more than a pretty face in this organization. The word kill swirled in his head, it stood against all of his standards and morals. He contemplated up and leaving but figured that he could leave the killing part to the insane adepts if he simply stuck to the hacking and destroying of NeoNET's data. Then an idea sparked I can remove all data of myself in their records and get them off my trail permanently with this. I have to accept. He rose from the table and asked "What of the other guards at NeoNET? Will elimination of them be required too? If so I am afraid I will not be able to participate in this. I can sneak in and eliminate their data but I will not be killing anyone. Anyone who would decide to come with me for that part would have to be able to accept that." He was more and more at risk of compromise but this could be the end of it all and what would save him. Venaticus had no other choice. This had to be done.

Wulf stood and sat near Tanaka-san after giving him the standard greeting he gave Hiko, his Yakuza contact. Listening to the offer, he had him at Renraku, he had a way in, Marshton was a coward at heart, but he could be persuaded to do a favor for a few hundred or thousand old friends. If this was Renraku HQ, that is.

"What of the other guards at NeoNET? Will elimination of them be required too? If so I am afraid I will not be able to participate in this. I can sneak in and eliminate their data but I will not be killing anyone. Anyone who would decide to come with me for that part would have to be able to accept that."

"I will not agree to any such demand, Sketch, if we run into a SecTeam, they will not hesitate to kill us. Monofilament fences, combat mages,hermetic and shamanic, and Awakened creatures will be the least of our problems if this doesn't go smoothly."

He turned back to Tanaka-san,"I'm in,Tanaka-san, what's the building, the address, and the target? Give me and anyone in on this the specs and it'll be done as soon as it can be."

He saw the Hispanic stand up suddenly and blurt out questions, one after the other. He sighed. The deal between him and the Hispanic had escaped him by the skin of Mr. Tanaka's teeth. Curse him. His mind was abuzz with questions as well, and he couldn't keep then holed up his mind. But first one remark of snark:

"Rodrigo, with the sheer amount of adepts here, they'll be doing the killing for you, mostly." Charlie chuckled.

Now was Question Time.

"Tanaka-san." Charile said as he bowed in the proper, respectful, Japanese way hoping the extra touch would pay off. "What's with gathering people with huge amounts of firepower and then inviting someone who only has a silver tongue to carry him? How discrete should we be? Will there be any bonuses if certain criteria are met? Apart from the data, of course. I suspect details will be given after we accept, yes?"

Marlowe couldn't accept just now. He settled on waiting to see who would out of this ragtag group.

Avalanche simply nodded as Roberts walked up and asked if he could have a seat. He made sure to keep the knife out of sight behind his leg, ready to bring to bear on anyone who looks like they could start trouble.

Clay was clearly about as uncomfortable as Avalanche was, especially once the orc, who identified himself as Cross, sat down without even asking. This is going to end up causing problems... Clay looks fit to burst, I'm still nervous from that damned sonic pulse weapon...

Avalanche adjusted his grip on his knife, to ensure he wouldn't lose it if he had to act fast. He was saved from having to worry too much about it by the arrival of Johnson and the rest of the Yakuza.

"I need three things of you. First, I need you to break into a certain building and... acquire some information regarding the whereabouts of specific individual - along with any other information you deem valuable. I will pay handsomely for any data I find particularly valuable. My employer is... rather interested in information, and the power that goes with it."

As long as they're ok with me just taking the hardware, I think I can accomplish that... Avalanche wasn't all that familiar with data mining operations, having only really worked in the infiltration end of the running profession.

"The second objective is to... make this particular facility incapable of storing data again. You must understand, my employer does not like our competitors having high security data archives."

Well, that should be simple enough, just smash the equipment and we should be good to go...

"Finally, You must use the information gained to either capture or kill the person I will name. I cannot say much more until you agree to the job - for security reasons you understand - but I can tell you the man works for NeoNET's Novatech Seattle facility."

Now that is something I can do... Wonder who he wants offed? Must be someone important to justify this many runners involved. Avalanche considered Mr Johnson's entourage for a moment. Why do they need us though? These guys look like they can handle themselves just fine... Probably don't want it coming back to them, which makes sense.

"What of the other guards at NeoNET? Will elimination of them be required too? If so I am afraid I will not be able to participate in this. I can sneak in and eliminate their data but I will not be killing anyone. Anyone who would decide to come with me for that part would have to be able to accept that."

Killing, when necessary, doesn't bother me... Avalanche thought, considering the man. Everyone has a line they won't cross. I can respect that, although I don't envy him being unable to defend himself.

"You have me curious." Avalanche began. "Only really have two questions, but I think I'll accept regardless of the answers. What exits do we have, and who's the target?" Knowing the exits were always important, and while knowing who the target was isn't so much, it could provide a way to plan a route to accomplish the attack without going past any checkpoints.

"I will not agree to any such demand, Sketch, if we run into a SecTeam, they will not hesitate to kill us. Monofilament fences, combat mages,hermetic and shamanic, and Awakened creatures will be the least of our problems if this doesn't go smoothly."

Venaticus turned to face Wulf, he had gotten real tired of the brute now and his lack of respect for life. "I doubt you would even know how to get past a basic password system anyway. I bet you think that all we have to do is smash a few computers and we are set but let me make this clear. With the Matrix, there are backups of backups and it will take a real hacker some time to destroy all of it. You would only be a detriment as far as I am concerned so refrain from our infiltration mission and just kill whoever it is Tanaka san wants dead. The infiltration will run smoothly and without error because I know more about the insides of NeoNET than any of its guards." His cold gaze was focused on Wulf now and he went back to take a seat. He returned his line of sight to Tanaka hoping he explain away a few things.

"I doubt you would even know how to get past a basic password system anyway. I bet you think that all we have to do is smash a few computers and we are set but let me make this clear. With the Matrix, there are backups of backups and it will take a real hacker some time to destroy all of it. You would only be a detriment as far as I am concerned so refrain from our infiltration mission and just kill whoever it is Tanaka san wants dead. The infiltration will run smoothly and without error because I know more about the insides of NeoNET than any of its guards."

Wulf smiled, the machine was awfully stupid and high-strung for...well, anything. The inability to kill was a detriment to the run. He'd never been on any kind of job that didn't have some kind of death involved. Information and subtlety was the machine's forte, and he could respect that, he'd run across enough hackers and riggers in the gang to know their worth, but idealists didn't last long in the shadows. Knowing the insides of NeoNET, now that was something, and it told Wulf all he needed to know about him, he was NeoNET property, he wondered what they were willing to pay for it back, or even one of the other big 10, they'd drool over something like him, or send a team after Wulf, but the reward may be worth the risk. He'd find out from a couple of contacts later.

"Don't consider getting into Renraku a problem, Sketch. Now either accept the man's offer, or get the hell out, so that the payday is that much closer."

Venaticus was tuning Wulf out now, the only person that mattered was the one who could truly answer his question. The job would be tough, but they designed him to be able to get this done and he was beginning to question how high a priority he really was. Things like this had to happen occasionally. More redundancies. He was not worried about whatever it was Wulf had planned for vengeance. He was not the kind of guy to let these things slide by but Venaticus was a step ahead. Should he start to suspect Wulf, a little message could be sent via corporate security. Dangerous suspect, highly armed, send elite team, capture and hold indefinitely, Night Elf with duster on.

Mr. Johnson compiled the questions in his mind as they were asked, letting the discussion take root. He had expected this sort of problem when he had started recruiting so many runners - it was to be expected they would have differences of opinion; but that's why he kept the exact details hidden.

He started by turning to the "silver-tongued" former lawyer. he returned the greeting in turn, happy to see someone who understood civilized culture. "I brought you in because in my experience, it is always beneficial to have someone who can solve problems with words on a team; bullets tend to create more problems when used in excess. As for additional payment, I believe my employer would be willing to pay more for more... discrete techniques to be employed. My main reason for bringing so many mage's however, is that the facility in question has significant magical protections. NeoNET may not mas-market magical goods, but they know its power. It also helps when you have a dragon on the board of directors." he finished, explaining his reasoning.

Turning his attention to the shape-shifter, he answered his first question. "The data archive has only one entrance and exit, a main gate. Only guards, maintenance personnel, and certain executives have access. As for the target, I will let you know after I see who has accepted my proposal."

Finally, he looked between Wulf and Venaticus, still arguing over how many to kill. Mr. Johnson slowly sipped on his sake, refilling it as needed, and waited for a lull in the discussion. When it came, he added his input. "Venaticus, the exact number of people who need to die for this job is up to you and your group. If you believe you can find a way in that requires no killing, and a way to capture the target, then no one need die. My only concerns are the removal of the target as a threat and the destruction of the data archive." Taking a moment to address Wulf, he added "I don't believe anyone has meantioned Renraku tonight. Perhaps you are thinking of a different job?", a sly look on his face. It disappeared for a moment as he amended his statement. "and, rumor has it, Renraku does not take kindly to people "getting into" them."

Expecting the fight and question to continue, he returned to his sake.

"If you go looking for death, you are certain to find it", Taylor muttered, under her breath.

Clay listened attentively, easing up on the trigger of his Colt now that their employer made himself known, along with the interesting cast of characters in his entourage. The runner was a little shocked that Mr. Tanaka was even shorter than he was, thinking that his height would legally make him a dwarf. The man on the suited midget's right was a lean tower, nearing eight feet from the looks of it. Clay recognized him from the strip club, though he had clearly showed greater discretion then than now, as he had be far less conspicuous and likely less inclined to show his status. Other than his tall stature, nothing really made him stand out from any other Yakuza yuppie Clay had seen; open shirt, terrible tattoos plastered over as much of their body as they could, and a certain air of superiority that only comes with spending enough time in certain circles of upper class society - the upper rungs of the upper class ladder, where people saw themselves to be better than everyone without a monthly salary exceeding six digits and a wardrobe worth enough nuyen to buy an entire chain of Burberry clothing stores. The woman in the group definitely stood out, having worn clothes that appeared as if the slightest breeze would put her 'assets' on display, not that it was a problem for Clay, he just hadn't expected such a scantily clad woman to be brought along with someone whose appearance just screamed "Strictly Business", and most certainly not during a business meeting of sorts. The last man to enter was even more out of place than the walking peep show, as he was fully armored and looking like some private Spec Ops member whose GPS took him to the wrong address for some infiltration job.

Christ, between the midget and RoboCop, those four are even stranger than everyone else in this bar combined, thought Clay as he sipped his scotch. He cleared his throat as there appeared to be a brief moment of silence and decided to make his stand clear, "Well, Mr. Tanaka, you can go ahead and count me in."

Jamal listened to the flow of questions as he considered the proposal. He leaned back against the bar and observed his potential employerThere was a mountain of a Yakuza, who made even Jamal and the walking suit of armor seem small. A deadly beautiful girl who was just scantily clad bring about a warning for every urge to stare she caused. And finally their Mr. Tanaka, almost typical with how nearly unassuming he was in stature and augmentation. Definitely the most dangerous if situation called for it. The job itself became all the more clear. Cross new exactly why he was here; he just finished a job for neonet.

I doubt my former employer is the Target but I still have someone inside whose good graces I've earned. I may end up having to burn a newly formed bridge but the payday will be more than enough compensation.

"I'm in, though i am curious as to what role in this you would have me play?".

Finwe seemed surprised by the reaction of his new friend. He would have excepted to be called stupid or something along those lined instead he got advice and understanding. Finwe looked really happy. He also looks relieved that Sebastian won't tell people that he is a doctor.

"Anyway, since we're still waiting the arrival of Johnson; how about I get you a drink. Anything you fancy?"

"Thank you allot for understanding and keeping my secret. I don't drink alcohol but thank you for the offer. I don't like any kind of addicting substance believe me if you had seen some of my patients you wouldn't either."
Finwe smiles and looks relieved.

The people enter and they begin to talk.
Finwe listens then looks at Sebastian.

"So are you going to accept the job friend?"

Nova and Mr Suit asked simultaneously.
"Does the building need to stay standing?"
Nova was curious about these people, they seemed so nonchalant.
She had a much more important question.
"How do you know Mr Suit?"

After staying quiet for awhile Roberts began to speak

"Questions: Whose the psycho spaceman?" He said with a nod to Nova "and where can I sign up?"

Finally, a job which Roberts could sink his teeth into, he wasn't that good and vandalism but given time he could probably get into either building easily. As for the assassination, well there were more qualified people about.
He looked at the two men arguing about murder:

"If you can give me time I should be able to get in there without harming anyone, the issue is that I'm not much good with computers"

"I'm not a space man, this isn't a space suit. Those are completely different..."
Five minuet lectures on the difference between modern space suits and hers later (Someone clearly knows their stuff)
"...Space suits are built to help people survive in space; this suit is designed to stop me exploding again."
That was all Novas, Mr Suit had remained quiet.

Putting down his sake, Mr. Johnson answered the next slue of questions. "Clay; the specific details of what you are to do is up to you and your team to decide. I invited you because of your magical talent and the two facilities have significant magical defenses." He turned to Roberts, answering his question first for it was a much easier one. "I did not actually invite Ms. Nova or Mr. Suit - they came her of their own regard. As such, I have precisely no knowledge of them or the corporate experiments that made them." he said, smirking at his own, purposely horrible lie. Finally he turned to Nova (and Mr. Suit by extension) and tried to answer their questions. "I'm afraid I know little of "Mr. Suit", and what I do know is classified. As to the building; no, it does not."

Darren listens to Mr. Johnson from the booth nearby.
"I assume you called me here as well. If this is the case, why? It doesn't seem like you require my talents to the extent that only I can do the job." he asks.

Nolan spoke up from his booth again.
"Mr. Tanaka, I signed up for this job with the promise of information. What guarantee do I have that this information is worth such a high-risk job?"

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked