Titans, Together: A DC Comics RP (RP Thread, Closed)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Red Robin and the woman seemed to be handling the Alien warrior. With the third human on the way that made that spot the largest concentration of half-competent humans on the continent, and for the time being relatively safe. He dropped the stranger he had picked up next to the gun-man on the roof, "Try to stay out of trouble! I'll be right be back."

With his hands free he could focus on assisting the other woman who had been chased that insectoid. He pulled a u-turn and headed to the last location he had spotted the woman, near the multiplex. To help his search in the dark streets he turned on all the LED's on his face at full brightness, causing his head to shine like a spot-light on the darkening streets. He found the hole and followed, landing and continuing on foot from. As he chased the sound of running and buzzing he found the insectoid had stalked the girl to the concession stand. Right as the creature was about to fire he, tackled it's barrel to knock the shot aside.

That is to say, as he turned a blind corner he, tripped over the mantis aliens feet, and ran straight into the creature's head. Then tumbled onto his back, " Ok I'll admit I that was just embarrassing." He droned as he skidded across the floor.

The Good Doctor made a soft grunt that could have been interpreted as, "About time!", when the creature his teeth was currently embedded in finally collapsed. He was going to keep his jaws clamped on the things arm just to make sure it stayed down for a good while, when he both felt and heard the bullets pierce the aliens flesh. That promptly caused him to jump back and yelp, stumbling back a little bit as he scanned the area to figure out where it came from.

There was fighting all around him now, and it took him a few moments to notice where the gunshots originated from, then he noticed some silvery silhouette drop off someone on a rooftop, next to someone else with a rifle.

Cavanaugh promptly waved up at him wearily. "Thanks for not shooting me! And thanks for the help!", he called up, just before glancing at the dead alien, and adding under his breath, "Though I wish you didn't kill it.".

Since the imminent danger had passed, two facts immediately rushed to the forefront of his mind: Firstly, that he was in a hell of a lot of pain, and bleeding pretty badly, and secondly, that he had one of the foulest tastes that he could ever describe in his mouth, thanks to the brutes blood.

Said taste caused him to spit a couple of times before opening his maw and practically unfurling a long, serpentine tongue and scraping at it futilely with his claws. After a few hopeless moments, he gave up, then stood up, making a beeline for the duffel bag of medical supplies that were still in the pharmacy. From what he could see, his clinic was going to have quite a few more visitors than normal.

Felicia stood hidden in the shadows of the dimly lit concession stands as she watched the two men talk to each other- a strong habit for her. One of the men had strange vine powers and other one had a sword. They had both just finished slaying one of the aliens and it was a wonder that they weren't able to see her. Still, Felicia watched them, as curious as ever.

But in a flash, a mechanical man had skidded across the floor of the theater and Felicia turned to see the creature had indeed followed her through the hole she made. Felicia panicked and let off a high-pitched shriek before she hopped over the concession stand. But she was still perplexed that the monster didn't fire his weapon so Felicia grabbed the concession stand with her tendrils and flipped it on top of the insectoid, popcorn and all.

"Stop following me!" Felicia screamed out but it probably couldn't understand english anyway. She continued to step back, slipping on the spilled bodily fluids splashed all over the floor. She nearly fell over if it weren't for her tentacles. Felicia picked herself up using her tentacles, nearly reaching the ceiling of the room. Her third tentacle was at the ready, grabbing a piece of metal support in case the thing were to lunge out at her.

We're winning. It's going down. The thought ran through her mind a split-second before the monster ripped the blinding goo off its face and lunge at her with a knife. The surprise move would probably have worked on Rosemary if she was just about anyone else. But she wasn't anyone else.

She was the Warden. To her, something as fast as a knife charge seemed almost impossibly sluggish. She twisted around the attack, the knife grazing her shoulder armor and leaving a long scratch in the paintwork. She grabbed the creature's wrist with one hand and yanked it towards her, simultaneously lowering her head to drive a headbutt into its chin. With any luck, the force would either knock it out cold or snap its neck. Either way worked for her, really.

Sean scrambled across the floor, with the alien close behind. He looked up to see a man standing there, watching the scene... but so did the alien which suddenly semed more interested in what seemed like easier prey.

"Huh. Kind of didn't think that'd work."

As the monster charged, fell, and slid into the vault's yawning entrance, Mark fell back to the ground, his boots thankfully absorbing most of the impact. Judging by the sounds emitting from the vault, the beast was already scrambling to its feet, he probably had mere moments to do something before it would be chasing after him again. As much as he would have loved to stop for a minute to catch his breath, that clearly wasn't an option; he had to spring into action, and he had to do it now.

Yelling as he ran forward, the thief slammed his shoulder into the massive steel door, grinning happily as the perfectly balanced slab of metal began to slowly creep shut. Said grin was only temporary, however, as it didn't take Mark long to note just how slowly the door was moving. At this rate, his foe would have ample time to escape. He needed to speed up the process, and fast. "Come on, come on, come on!"

Clenching his right hand into a fist, Mark focused all of his concentration on the gigantic door, vastly decreasing its weight and vastly increasing the speed at which it pivoted on its well-oiled hinges. As the alien creature roared out one last time, in a mixture of feral rage and fear, Mark matched its cry with one of his own, shoving the incredible door with every last ounce of his, admittedly unimpressive, strength. Still, when the metal covering was this light, even his meager might was enough to get it moving.

"Hello and congratulations on getting yourself into trouble, my name is Rocket Robo, and where exactly do you live?"

Luke was taken by surprise as the robot turned and immediately lifted him off his feet, it's metallic arms wrapping underneath his armpits, before it's jet thrusters fired and they took off at a moderate pace, just as the hound who he had previously wounded made a particularly high leap to try to catch him mid-air. Luke, not having his hands particularly free, nor having the dexterity to manipulate his magic cards from his hands positions simply lashed out with his feet as the beast launched skywards. The tip of his shoe connecting with the chin of the mongrel, snapping the jaw shut with an almighty *THUD*, causing it's own multitude of razor-sharp fangs to puncture it's own gum line, leaving it whimpering once again like the pitiful cur it was, it's mouth gushing forth murky green blood.

"You see I need to know where to drop you off."

As the pair climbed higher and higher into the city's skyline, Luke could make out all of the chaos that was occurring down below. The alien creatures that had pursued him and this Robot were not the only aggressors, nor was he their prime target, with aliens of all different shapes locked in battle with various other individuals. He squinted his eyes, trying to make out their figures from way up high, were they also supers?
It was then that he realised he had ignored his rocket-booted robotic saviour for a substantial amount of time. Surveying the landscape, he chose to be dropped off by one of the individuals who was under attack who seemed to require the most assistance.

"There, by the roof if you'd please!" he shouted, his voice barely audible over the rocket thrusters coupled with the sounds of chaos below.

The metal man promptly complied, slowly setting him down on the edge of the rooftop, his arms letting go of Luke, who landed in a pounced position, before flicking his head up. He turned to look at this "Rocket Robo", giving him a thumbs up.

"Why thank you my good sir! You are a gentleman and a scholar! May the Lady be kind to you!" he said at the still hovering bot.

"Try to stay out of trouble! I'll be right be back."

And with that, Rocket Robo took off, his namesake's rockets propelling him with speed, as his arms were placed at his side. If you squinted enough, you could mistake him for a V2 Rocket.

Luke turned to address the threat he had observed whilst still hovering in the sky, only to find that both the man and the monster gone, only a puddle of alien blood remained, which left a trail that lead off the edge of the building.

Poor soul... I guess it just wasn't in the odds...

He wandered around the rooftop, in order to get a decent vantage point from which to survey the surrounding areas and the other people who were still in danger. It was then that he heard a gunshot that seemed to come from directly beneath him. Luke meandered over to the edge of the building, where the trail of green blood ended, and looked down at the street below. He saw what was left of the invader crumpled against the sidewalk, with a gaping hole in it's chest still oozing liquid. But there was still no sign of the masked man he had spotted.

He shook his head and tutted, pitying the man's presumed state. Probably eaten alive by the beast. Luke stood there momentarily, his white coat billowing in the wind, before resigning to leave the rooftop. It was then that he saw the figure, picking up a pair what looked like a shuriken of some variety, before he threw his gun on the floor and fell to his knees, and proclaimed to the sky.

"FUCK YOU! YOU HAD TO KILL THEM ALL DIDN'T YOU! I'M NOT ABOUT TO LET YOU SURVIVE THIS NOW!"

"...What the hell?..."

The red masked individual rose from his feet and placed the items he had recovered back into their places on his utility belt, before he proceeded to move to edge of the roof to intently scanning the nearby surroundings just like Luke had done moments before. He was so fixated on his tasks at hand, he had not even noticed Luke, who had now managed to move to just behind were he was positioned.

"So you're not dead I take it?" he stated almost disappointedly.

"So you're not dead I take it?"

"No,"Red Eye responded,"Not yet, at least, the tumble off the building was fun though. Give me a sec."

He hadn't turned, looking around the area, when he spotted a family in a car being chased by one of the more dog-like invaders, pretty far away too, at least 800 yards. People were stupid and still hadn't left the warzone Gotham had become, idiots. He moved to his belly, and took aim, two shots ripped across the intervening space, one shattering a leg, causing it to stumble,roll, and take a sizeable drop off the elevated road, the other missing completely. The car continued to drive off into the distance and the Gotham Skyline soon hid it from his view. He'd at least bought them some time, if not allowed them to escape completely.

"Damn,I missed."He whispered to himself.

It was then that he slung the rifle around himself again and turned to face the voice. His helmet went through the other spectrums to inspect him and after making himself reasonably sure he was human, took his hand off the Redshot at his hip.

"Who are you and what do you want? If your clothes have anything to say, it's that you aren't a civilian. Mobster that didn't listen when listen when the alarms went off is my guess."

As soon as he was back inside the pharmacy, the Good Doctor scanned the area around him to make sure everything was safe, then quickly scanned the shelves again to find what he needed. After all, he didn't want to raid the supplies he had already gathered, seeing as they would be better used on others. Thankfully, it didn't take him long to find exactly what he needed: A bottle of antiseptic, a large roll of gauze, and a thankfully clean rag.

Sitting down, he promptly clenched his teeth and lifted his shirt, knowing that this next part was going to hurt like hell. As he held it up with his chin, he opened the bottle of antiseptic, took one, then two breaths, and poured it over the wounds on his chest.

It felt like his chest was on fire because of it, among other unpleasant sensations, but he forced himself to keep going and to keep his gasps of pain down to a whimper. When he felt his wounds were as clean as they were going to get at the moment, he tossed the bottle aside and used the rag to wipe off both diluted blood and dirtied antiseptic from his chest.

After that, all it took was the gauze to make a crude, but expedient field dressing. Once he was finished, he stood up unsteadily and grabbed the duffel bag. "That will have to do. Now lets hope I can be of some help to the others out there.", he murmured to himself, starting his way out of the pharmacy.

But, just before he stepped outside, he paused, glancing down at a bottle of mouthwash. The Good Doctor promptly picked it up, opened it, and took a deep swig of the contents, hoping that maybe just outright drinking the stuff would get rid of the lingering taste.

Shadowstar gripped his harpoon tight the moment he felt his dark wall come down. There were mere seconds left before the creature would be upon him.

Sure enough, the alien came spinning right by the hole in the ceiling. Shadow took the few moments where it didnt see him to jump down on top of it. Shadow was nearly thrown off as he tried to grasp on to his inert foe. With one hand grabbing a limb, Shadow dug the harpoon into the center of the creature and pried the flesh open. The sickening screech from the creature let him know it was at least in pain.

Shadow threw the harpoon to the side and used the now free hand to collect a mass of dark energy in his palm. The orb he formed seconds later was the size and shape of a basketball. He jammed it into the creature's open flesh and jumped off. As soon as he could get solid footing, he ran towards the nearest piece of cover he could find and ducked down to wait for the detanation of the ridiculously large black grenade.

The lone gunman replied without taking his eye off of his scope.
"Not yet, at least, the tumble off the building was fun though. Give me a sec."

"Ahh, tumble off the building. I thought as much, seeing the bloody trail here".
He pointed to the dull green smear that lead from the middle of the roof, and ended with the amorphous blob of flesh that had once been an alien creature, before taking an explosion to the chest, and a sidewalk to everything else.

*BANG* *BANG*

Two shots echoed across the cityscape, a short pause between them, the sound of the gunshots reverberating off the solid ground, leaving a fleeting trail of smoke in the air that rose from the gun barrel. Luke winced slightly at the sound, barely glimpsing the first of the masked marksmen's shots as it tore into the leg of a faraway invader pursuing a family sedan. The second merely blowing a large hole in the concrete.

He must be using explosive rounds... No ordinary calibre would have such an impact

The figure then rose from his prone position, and slung the heavily custom rifle on his back, before turning to meet Luke's gaze. The man had him at a disadvantage, he could read his face all he wanted, whilst Luke could only hope to peer behind that crimson mask of his.

"Who are you and what do you want? If your clothes have anything to say, it's that you aren't a civilian. Mobster that didn't listen when listen when the alarms went off is my guess."

"Huh? Is that so?"

Luke peered down at his own clothing, he had never considered his appearance before, but he acknowledged that this assumption made sense, he did have a taste for class after all, and he was certainly risque. Luke paid note to the man's reluctance to let go of his handgun, a feeling he repaid by maintaining a hold on his own deck.

"Well then, your bet would be half correct. I am no civilian, but I am no mobster either."

Luke took a step back and adjusted his hat, before placing his deck in the air directly in front of him, where it hovered of it's own accord. Luke then placed a hand on either side of the floating deck, before bringing his hands apart and directed the flow of cards in a circular motion all around him, appearing as if he was a clock face.

"You can call me Fortune; for I am the Lady's chosen champion"

With a snap of his fingers, the cards turned from showing their faces, to being edge-outwards, ready to be launched at his command.

"I gather to are the one who disposed of the beast that was here. Who may I ask are you?"

Adrien took his hand off his pistol grip, but left the safety off, confident in his ability to draw and shoot, but he'd rather it not come to that. Just because the Bat was gone didn't mean he could stop following his example.

"I gather to are the one who disposed of the beast that was here. Who may I ask are you?"

"You can call me the Red Eye. Marksman, indirect follower of Batm-the presumably late Batman, and I suppose alien slayer now. You mind putting your cards down Lucky? It really unnerves me when guys like you start throwing your powers around."

The adrenaline was beginning to fade, and the injuries Adrien received from his fight with the peglegged-vibration-thrower. He sat back down with his back to a demolished air unit, looking at the man in the suit and his floating cards.

"What's with you suit wearing freaks, today anyways? There's a guy out there with a tux and a mask that looks like he took it off some Italian prick that's been dead for a few hundred years."

"You can call me the Red Eye. Marksman, indirect follower of Batm-the presumably late Batman, and I suppose alien slayer now."

Luke nodded, his assumption about Red slaying the alien proven correct. He was never far off the mark.

A follower of the Bat? That must be a struggle to follow, bullets aren't nearly as forgiving as blunt force

"...You mind putting your cards down Lucky? It really unnerves me when guys like you start throwing your powers around."

"Of course, just a precaution. It's also always easier to show, not tell"

He proceeded to lower his cards, all of them floating together back into a neat deck with the sound of an unseen shuffle. Still cautious of this vigilante, he kept a singular card in his right hand as he replaced his deck into his inside coat pocket.

"What's with you suit wearing freaks, today anyways? There's a guy out there with a tux and a mask that looks like he took it off some Italian prick that's been dead for a few hundred years."

Luke craned his neck to peer down into the rubble filled streets below. Sure enough, there was a man that fit such a description, with a strange wrist mounted device that he had no idea it's application. The poser was certainly not as debonair as himself anyway.

"That's the first I've heard of such a trend. We are of no affiliation. Whatsoever." he said stressing the last word.

Red took a seat next to a destroyed air conditioning unit , judging by the way his posture and clutching of his rib, it looked like he had sustained more injuries than he would have preferred on his trip down the side of the building. Luke remained standing, observing the extent of the man's injuries.

"It seems that you are in need of medical attention, correct? I happened to spot somebody in a doctor's coat whilst I was being carried by a sentient robot. Perhaps they could help?"

Mr.Ivebeenframed:
"Stop following me!"

"Agh, what the-"

One of the appeals of our boy, Stormalong, was that while he was keen on being a dreaded badass, he was not above normal human reactions...like flinching and recoiling at a surprise action. There had been a girl wandering in on them that neither he nor Alan saw...until she reacted to a strange mantid-like creature that she was uhh...now dumping the concession stand on. She seemed alright, if...a bit on edge and using tendrils. Yikes. Getting over the initial shock, Mr. Stormalong cleared his throat, and then approached the concession-stand-hit mantis.

"Not dead enough."

So, he pointed the palm of his hand at it and set a blast of fire at its head to make sure. That would cause a small-but-palpable boom, enough one hopes to render the creature lacking in that veritable mortal coil. Afterwhich, he turned to the girl.

"You probably need a moment. Would you mind sticking with him so's I know where to find you two later? It sounds like I'm needed outside and I really feel we should organize what we the fighting few are gonna do with this mess. Excuse me."

Drawing his sword out again, Stormy practically glided to the front door, opened it, and shut it behind him. He had the distinct impression that those two - as well as whoever was out here making all the noise - were the only allies he was going to get for now. One thing at a time... Now, what's going on out here?

Robo lifted himself to his feet, dimmed his face, and turned to the now three humans near the concession stand. Three humans locked up with this mutated Mantis. Add a fight that seems to be raging outside. This is looking bad.

These humans can't be harm.

Can it.

" No idea, but I'll keep it from shooting. But you need to move." he told them in a low, tinny voice. This time he began firing out the jets on his back, and using his feet and knees just enough to hover. He immediately began accelerating back towards the creature.

What does this guy warrant.

Moderate non-lethal force

So, for a mutated mantis, what would you call moderate?

That's what I thought.

He swept his arm over the counter, ripping a ketchup dispenser off. He then then stuff his right arm out, and used the jet to send himself into a spin. As he came back from his first revolution he flung the metal dispenser back at the creature.

"Perhaps they could help?"

"Not sure I want to put my bruises into the hands of that guy. You see his face? It's more mutated than anything I've ever seen, more like a shark than a human."

Adrien grabbed Redspotter beside him on the ground, and stood, using the butt of the gun to help himself up. There wasn't a single part of his body that wasn't at least sore, or bruised to some extent, that fall had certainly done a number on him.

"I don't think I've got anything needing real medical attention anyways, just slap some muscle relaxer on, a painkiller, and a few hours sleep should do it. I've got a hideout not too far from here. Only a few miles, but considering the general fellows taking up residence along the way lately, I don't think it'll be that easy to get there."

"...You see his face? It's more mutated than anything I've ever seen, more like a shark than a human."

"I did not, however one's appearance does not affect their level of skill. Still, I can see where you're coming from."

Luke watched Red Eye use his rifle to help himself of the ground, still wincing slightly at the presumably at being badly bruised over a large amount of his body. Fortune still took note of his strength and resilience of will however, it was an admirable quality, the defining trait of those willing to go out of their way to help others.
It would have been far too easy for someone with Luke's abilities to stray down a different path than the one he had chosen, he was glad that he hadn't, although in the end Luke admitted that their wasn't much in it for him anyway, the materialistic was all too easy to come by for him. Better to help those who cannot help themselves.

"I don't think I've got anything needing real medical attention anyways, just slap some muscle relaxer on, a painkiller, and a few hours sleep should do it. I've got a hideout not too far from here. Only a few miles, but considering the general fellows taking up residence along the way lately, I don't think it'll be that easy to get there."

Luke took out and shuffled his deck whilst he thought about the situation, before deciding on his next course of action as he replaced the cards. He snapped his fingers as if he had an epiphany.

"Well it seems we can be of some use too each other then. I was recently relieved of my presumed safehouse, and you seem to have trouble getting to yours. Perhaps I could assist you, in return for staying at your hideout? Just to plot my next course of action of course"

Alan knew his chances of survival on his own were utterly impossible, and he figured it was best to stick with someone. There was strength in numbers after all, but he was still a bit bewildered by all this. The man before him seemed so in-tune with his own abilities and he had likely had them for a much longer time then he himself had, meaning he was better suited to this fight. Plus, he had a sword that seemed capable of slicing through the creatures carapace with ease, making Alan wander if he was just going to end up slowing the man down.
He was about to respond when a loud crash was heard nearby from felicia crushing one of the bugs with a stand, making Alan turn in surprise.
"Umm...she's on our side, right?"He asked nervously, not in the mood to have a concession stand thrown at him.

Before an answer could be gained from the sudden interruption, the hat wearing swordsman he had for an ally made a decision to leave him on his own.

FalloutJack:
"You probably need a moment. Would you mind sticking with him so's I know where to find you two later? It sounds like I'm needed outside and I really feel we should organize what we the fighting few are gonna do with this mess. Excuse me."

His eyes going wide in shock, Alan moved to try and stop him.
"Hey wait! Don't-" But the man was gone before he could finish, making Alan sigh defeatedly before turning to Felicia. He seemed a little intimidated but offered the best, albeit nervous, smile he could."Uhh..hi?"He uttered nervously. Even on a good day he wasn't exactly good in social situations and was a shy person, and it seems being around superpowered beings (especially one that could throw heavy objects at him) wasn't doing anything to aid him in getting over this.

"Perhaps I could assist you, in return for staying at your hideout? Just to plot my next course of action of course"

"Well," Adrien said, as he began to dismantle the Redspotter, two of the three sections going into stretchy compartments on his legs, where they stayed. The third component of his rifle went into a third sheathe on his back,"If you think you can keep up."

The Red Eye stretched out his limbs, he wasn't sure he would be able to survive another fall. After a few moments of stretching, he went to the edge of the roof, pulled his pistol and shot out a window two stories down before going back to the other side of the roof.

"If you can keep up, then you're welcome to it!" He said as he rushed past, and jumped at the last second. The few heartbeats he was in the air were slightly excruciating as his bruised body was taken to such a level of action after the debacle that was his fight with the alien. His body hit the remains of the window, and although he was able to hit his mark and roll to absorb the shock, his body ached even more.

"Ugggghhh," He moaned as he stood up and looked around, another office building, and he was surrounded by cubicles,"Great, more places for these guys to hide." He then walked back to the broken window and yelled out,"Come on Lucky man, you want a safehouse, get your ass over here! I'm going on. Careful though, the first step's a doozy!"

He then turned back around and uholstered his pistol, deciding to wait a few minutes for the guy to get his courage up, but stayed vigilant never the less.

Felicia lowered herself as the man with the sword blasted the mantis with a ball of fire. She still stood far away from the creature in case it was still alive but even with its weapons there now was more people it had to contend with including the robot. She neglected to answer the man's request as he walked out and instead looked to the robot and the other human in the room.

"No idea, but I'll keep it from shooting. But you need to move."

Felicia nodded, agreeing with the robot's sentiment and looked to the man with the vines. He gave her an awkward hi and Felicia replied with a small smile. He looked nice enough but he looked a bit intimidated by her tendrils so she got on her two feet as opposed to being suspended in the air by her own tendrils.

"Is that better?" She asked him but the question was merely rhetorical. "We should get going. Do you know of some place safer than here?"

Cavanaugh tossed the bottle aside once he finished gulping down a good quarter of its contents, then exhaled nicely minty breath in a relieved sigh. It had managed to get the taste of alien blood out of his mouth rather nicely, though now his mouth burned just slightly. That was a price he was more than willing to pay, however, to get rid of the lingering taste.

Once that particular pain in his ass was out of the way, he stepped outside with his duffel bag hanging from his shoulder and he glanced around to see if anyone was outside that needed medical attention. At least, what little he could give.

It was then that he noticed that the gunman that had saved him was gone, though the other man, or who he assumed was a man, was still on the roof. Regardless, he couldn't exactly get up there to help.

There was another fight in the distance, causing an internal war between his drive to help, and his caution and self-preservation: He knew that he would likely get himself either more badly wounded, killed, or even worse, get those already fighting killed because of his intervention. No, it was better to sit back and help those that are left, even though it hurt to think of it like that.

As he glanced in the direction of the theater, he finally took notice of a masked man with a trench coat, holding what appeared to be a sword. In fact, the man looked so outlandish to him that he did a double-take, blinking and reaching up to rub his chin in bafflement.

"Now, who might this be?", he murmured under his breath before waving and calling out, "Hey! Are you human? You need any medical help or something?".

"Hey! Are you human? You need any medical help or something?"

In rapid-succession, the man looked left, right, up, and then over at Cavanaugh. He was expecting battle out here, not to be shouted at. Rather, he was expecting the front lines, not the man-sized MASH unit.

"Yes, no, and Battle of Hastings, 1066."

With that, he quickly shifted forwards with some wind-power and landed before Cavanaugh. There wasn't any immediate sign of trouble...yet...but the day was young. Fighting must've moved on, which was a bummer because he needed to get to it and give the bads something to think about.

"I'm called Stormalong, Mr. Stormalong, and I'd be most grateful if you could point me in the direction of something unearthly so that I can destroy it. Also appearing inside the cinema, a man and a woman, as well as a robot. None injured at this time, and hero-types."

He pointed to the cinema with his free hand, keeping the sword handy for surprise attackers.

"Do I assume you're also on the super-capable list?"

"Yes, no, and Battle of Hastings, 1066.".

The reply prompted a quirked eyebrow and one corner of his mouth to tug up just slightly, turning his large, toothy grin into the closest thing to a smirk that he could come up with. He opened his mouth to reply, only to have what he was about to say die in his throat as he saw the man glide over and land in front of him, causing him to nod. "Now that's impressive.", he muttered quietly to himself.

"I'm called Stormalong, Mr. Stormalong, and I'd be most grateful if you could point me in the direction of something unearthly so that I can destroy it. Also appearing inside the cinema, a man and a woman, as well as a robot. None injured at this time, and hero-types.".

As Stormalong pointed to the theater, the Good Doctor nodded. "Dr. Cavanaugh Sutherland, chemist, geneticist, and former scientist for Genesis Genetics Corp. There's a battle going on over there,", he said, motioning with his free hand in the general direction of the center plaza before continuing, "Though I would definitely recommend caution. If you help, don't get yourself, or them killed, got it? I'm going to check on the others in the theater.", he finished, turning and starting for the front doors to the cinema before he was interrupted.

"Do I assume you're also on the super-capable list?".

Looking back at Stormalong, he let out a short laugh. "I'm a mutant, have paralytic spit, and sharp-ass teeth and claws. If that counts, then yes, I am.", he told him, just before rushing into the theater to make sure no one was hurt.

Dr. McQuarry had no time to stand idly and observe the fascinating creature that was now running towards him, for much like the other beast, it did not take kindly to onlookers. With the four-armed monstrosity rapidly closing the gap, the doctor had to think quickly which, fortunately for him, was the simplest thing he could do. Having very little experience dealing with combatants and having the physical ability to do little more than run, he did just that. Only thing one might see questionable about this decision, is the fact that he was running toward the beast. With what little room they had to charge, they would have met in a brutal clash that would've ended in Johnathan's demise had he not darted to the side at the last second, holding his hat firmly on his head. Both of the beast's heads had turned to see their target's flight which, in hindsight, proved to be their fatal mistake. The lower pair of arms had much momentum and, still barreling down the aisle, stepped on a can of tire cleaner, causing the creature to fall forward and smash its top half into the glass window of one of the refrigerators. John looked back and couldn't help but smiling before he managed to run right into the wall. He rebounded off barrier and his gaze locked on the small red handle right before him, the light in his head blocking out the dull pain in his chest from having run into it. A scan of the room revealed there to be a sprinkler system in the ceiling, something he could use to his advantage. He pulled the small lever and the loud screeching of the alarm system indicated it still was operational, followed by the hiss of the sprinklers and shower of water that fell from them.

McQuarry looked back and could see that the beast was recovering from its tumble and not likely very happy about it. Moving as quickly as he could, Johnathan shuffled behind the store counter and began scrounging around its underside. He grimaced in disgust as his fingers trailed over several sticky piecing of chewing gum before finding their prize - a thick bundle of electrical wires that ran power to much of the store's amenities. The doctor slowly rose his head and peered over the counter, only to lock eyes with the briefly beleaguered beast. It grimaced in what John could only assume was grim anticipation of laying hands on him, though the doctor had no intention of allowing that to happen. He grabbed a small knife from the display rack near the rear of the counter and cut the cords bindings, releasing it from the underside of the sale surface, before working to saw the bundle through. Another brief look and McQuarry could see the now sodden beast charging again, causing him to frantically cut as quick as he could. There was a moment of triumph when the knife fell through the other side of the bundled wires, cutting off the blaring siren along with everything atop the counter, though there was no time for celebration. Knowing that he could do little with the synthetic insulation in the way of his defense, he started stripping the wires with the vigor that came from panic and the instinctual need to survive. He heard a strange cry, undoubtedly coming from the creature, a battle cry of sorts as it leapt over the counter. Johnathan fell backwards and held his nearly bare bundle of cords out towards the beast, closing his eyes as he waited for death, be it his own or that of the beast.

"Dr. Cavanaugh Sutherland, chemist, geneticist, and former scientist for Genesis Genetics Corp. There's a battle going on over there. Though I would definitely recommend caution. If you help, don't get yourself, or them killed, got it? I'm going to check on the others in the theater."

"It's not me you have to worry about."

Put simply, our boy Jake may not have known {A} how many enemies there were, {B} what varieties they came in besides ugly, {C} how to handle the entire ginormous army, or {D} even who his actual allies were going to be...but he did know himself, and that would be enough to count the immediate opposition dead, if nothing else. As Cavanaugh explained himself, that he was a mutant, the good Stormalong merely nodded and headed out. Doing so had him move in quickly and take in a vantage point on one of the few-remaining intact streetlamps in the area. It took alot of practice and falling down in the past to do that right, and he ended up bruised and sore alot when it didn't work. Nowadays, it was a little easier. And now...he spotted something: Movement in a store, very few signs of alien comeuppence in there.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The alien beasty was, as stated, giving the Mad Doc a hassle, this specimen which he had been admiring was now aiming to kill him in horrible nasty ways, currently with him behind a counter and the beast leaping over it, setting up a perfect cliffhanger moment. This moment did not pass into a possible ripping or tearing on the floor, though. Instead...

CRASH!!!

There was a loud report of glass breaking inward and scattering on the floor. Would this be correctly defined as a 'refenestration'? Still, in a second, a chain had launched out and entangled itself around an alien leg to pull rather hard in its mid-leap-over-the-counter. The result? The strange creature fell back onto the counter and smacked its faces into said counter.

"Too mmany limbs on this one. Let's fix that, shall we?"

A man with a trenchcoat, a hat, and apparently a 'Bazinga!' on his shirt sent electricity through the chain - which had been flung like that by the same wind power that he used to crash in here - and approached with his black-handled sword drawn. Said dark sword would be swung down on monster limbs while the charge was still coursing through the creature.

Sean hid under a stand, watching as the newcomer faced down the alien. Even though he had the upper hand, he knew he couldn't just watch and do nothing.

Quickly, he scampered over to the check-out counter, trying to get a better view, and fifurin out what for would be better suited for the task.

"If you can keep up, then you're welcome to it!

Luke watched as Red walked back to the opposite side of the roof, before sprinting past him, jumping across the expanse of air between the two buildings, his arms flaying mid air, before coming to abrupt end as his body smashed through the window that he had shot out with his handgun, narrowly avoiding any lingering shards of glass still clutching to the window frame, his landing turning into a forwards roll to avoid further injury.

He heard a vague "Ugggghhh" come from inside the building, the landing not managing to absorb the full force of the impact after all. At least that was a good sign that he hadn't killed himself or been knocked unconscious, and that his injuries really were only minor. Luke saw Red's masked figure reappear in the window, before shouting loudly to overcome the expanse between them.

"Come on Lucky man, you want a safehouse, get your ass over here! I'm going on. Careful though, the first step's a doozy!"

Heh, "Lucky" eh? I haven't been called that since I was a kid

Luke peered over the edge of the building, it was certainly a long way down, and he doubted that his luck could overcome the sheer truth of gravity if he managed to slip up. Several cards rose from inside his coat pocket, before resting in the palm of his hand. Luke's other hand took hold of his hat, ensuring that it was firmly secured for the jump to come. He took a few steps backward, assessing the distance. Satisfied of his estimates, Luke sprinted as he jumped off of the edge of the building, his wrist flicking the cards in front and under him, where they remained floating in the air. He used them as stepping stones, each step of his causing them to fall from their airborne position. As he hopped off the last playing card, Luke dove through the window, luckily avoiding the random shards, his dive too turning into a forwards roll, whereupon he rose his deck and the cards that had fallen outside flitted back to their rightful place.

"Owww..." he said as he rose from his crouching position, before dusting off his suit and coat. His hand frantically searched for his hat, happy that it was still there, he took a few cards in his hand before replacing his deck.

"Where to now Mr. Red Eye?"

The two-headed creature had no time to adjust its course, and barreled straight into Johnathan's quick-fix trap. Electrical bolts coursed through the creature's body, and an array of deep, throaty gurgles and groans escaped both mouths in a slurry of pained screams. Even as they began to slobber in agony, the topmost pair of arms began to move, closing themselves around Johnathan's throat. Its eyes were in a blood-frenzy, determined to wrench out this man's life. He could feel the squeezing getting stronger, and the edges of his vision began to darken.

Then the glass to his right smashed into a thousand pieces, and some psycho in a BBT shirt snicker-snacked his sword through the creature's midsection. In a burst of dark light--what in the world?--the now halved creature let out a last gasp, and fell to the ground lifeless. Except for the top half's hands, which were now stuck in a deathgrip on Johnathan's throat.

Warden's head and the alien's chin collided, and in that moment Warden learned two things. The first was that her enemy's armor was made of tougher stuff. The top of her helmet cracked on the impact as both of their skulls went reeling. The second was that headbutts hurt. She certainly harmed the alien, but by going for its chin she by far took the worst of the damage, being knocked back with a splitting headache, and the feeling of a few trickles of blood at the impact point slipping down her face.

The alien was the first to recover, still gripping its aching chin with one hand as he brandished the knife again, going for a gut-shot. He came within inches, only for a rope, with a small red crescent at the end, to wrap tightly around his wrist and yank it away. The alien stumbled into Red Robin's waiting fist, clutching a small bar crackling with electricity. A taser shock wracked the creature's body, shocking what little fight it had left right out. Smoking, the thing hit the ground in a crumpled heap.

Red Robin extended a hand, helping Warden regain her balance and allowing her to get a good feel for the battlefield. It looked the others that were fighting earlier, from what little she could observe while fighting herself, had finished their scuffles. A strange-looking creature in a doctor's coat was stepping out of a pharmacy, and she could see two figures on a rooftop.

She looked over at the more experienced hero, to see him scanning the area. His eyes were glowing white, some sort of lenses imposed over them to change his vision.

"I see a fight happening in that convenience store. There's another in the theater. Do me a favor, round up everyone in that store, and out in the Plaza, and bring them to the theater. Everybody needs to get together, and fast."

The young man's mouth frowned a bit, as if he were reconsidering his wording. He opted to just shrug and charge off for the theater, to settle the chaos happening within.

A swirling, rapidly expanding vortex of dark energy detonated, utterly vaporizing everything within about ten feet. This was inclusive of the alien that he had just jammed the makeshift grenade into. By the time Shadow felt it was safe to look back, there was no sign of even a hint of starfish flesh. At last, the creature was dead.

The issue now was, he was hearing faint noises from outside. Yet more battles, between who he could not know.

As Luke questioned where, precisely Adrien was heading, he didn't even process the simple task of taking a few stray steps forward. But when he did so, his face bumped into something solid. He stepped back, startled, and looked head-on at... nothing. He had just bumped into thin air.

A few over, Adrien walked forward as well, but his outstretched hand hit something as hard as a wall. Where his skin and clothing made contact, he saw a barely-visible blue vapor, as if touching it made it visible. And very, very hard.

Any attempts the two made at moving past it were met with immovable resistance, and it seemed to fill the entire interior of the building they were in, with a convex curvature. It was like a bubble, and though they weren't sure of its exact size they could easily tell it was huge if it was circular.

"Do you know of some place safer than here?"

"Don't bother."

Felicia, Alan, and Rocket Robo turned away from the utterly decimated corpse of the last mantis, to see a newcomer entering the building. Though, that was a hardly the appropriate term; Red Robin was their senior in superheroics by a large margin. He stepped in, shutting the door behind him. Those already in the theater could feel his analytic gaze giving them a once-over; he'd learned from the best.

"You're not going to get far; any of you. This was a trap, and you all fell into it as soon as you came to the Plaza. They've put up a shield, and only the invaders have the means to get through them. We're trapped in here, until a ship comes by to pick us up for 'processing.'"

He began sorting through his belt, checking each pouch to ensure its cargo was still there as he continued. "Best thing to do is hole up here and wait."

The vault door, now weighing significantly less was pushed shut like a particularly unwieldy storm door. It slammed shut, and a moment later the thief made sure to rob it of its sudden lessened weight. This was a wise choice, because he had not done that more than a second before, when the gigantic gray creature slammed into it from the other side. A dent the size and depth of a small torpedo was left in the vault door, but the metal held. It seemed to be trapped.

Best to run before that theory needed to be tested.

Cavanaugh had just entered the theater lobby when he heard a voice behind him and turned.

"Don't bother.".

Then his eyes promptly widened as he recognized the figure that had entered. "Red Robin. Well, now this is the first real pleasant surprise I've had today.", he murmured under his breath before the masked hero explained what was going on.

"You're not going to get far; any of you. This was a trap, and you all fell into it as soon as you came to the Plaza. They've put up a shield, and only the invaders have the means to get through them. We're trapped in here, until a ship comes by to pick us up for 'processing.'".

There was a pause as he sorted through his utility belt before he was satisfied with the contents and continued.

"Best thing to do is hole up here and wait.".

Cavanaugh promptly swore under his breath before shaking his head. "That's a very happy thought, but now that I'm here, I may as well ask: Does anyone need medical attention of any kind? Any of you have bruises, cuts, whatever? A guy named Stormalong told me there were people in here, and I figured I'd come in to help.", he said, holding up his duffel bag with one hand.

Sean saw was was happening, and knew he had to act fast. Returning to human form, he hurried over and began trying to pry the hands from his savior's throat.

"C'mon, c'mon..." When that didn't work, he took the form of a tiger agan and tried tearing at the creature's limbs.

Adrien put his hand up to the barrier, and after finding it as solid as any wall, deemed it better to find his way to the most defensible location. The Exchange was his first choice as he knew the place enough to trust it, besides it was also only a hop,skip and a jump through a window at ground level. Then a few of them exploded outwards and that idea was thrown out the window. Looking around, he thought he saw the cape of Red Robin flash into the theater.

If that was where he planned on holing up, then Red Eye agreed, the place look sound enough, and he could see a few spots where he could hide out and shoot. He turned on his camera as well, just to make sure he got this guy on the record.

"Damn, looks like we'll be staying here a bit longer," The man in the red and black outfit said as he kicked out the remaining glass still in in the window sill,"Seems one of the Robins went into the old theater across the way, you still in?"

He walked out onto the ledge, and leaned down, his body protesting the entire way, grabbed ahold of the window sill and let himself down a floor, where he took ahold of that ledge and continued his way down the side of the building.

As he climbed down, he asked Fortune,"Any reason you call yourself that beyond that deck of cards in your hand? Whenever you get down here, we're making a run for that building, so get ready."

Once at ground level once again, he pulled the Redshot, the safety off, and again keeping watch for anything that came at them. His body still lobbying complaints after all the punishment it'd been through today.

Shadow arose from his cover and surveyed the spot where the creature had once been. There was zero sign of it. Not even a body was left after his stunt.

That was a little overboard...

He strolled over to where he dropped his metal arm band and put it back on. He expected a few moments of peace after dispatching his foe. But outside, battles were still being fought. He walked back outside to the plaza and looked around.

A man in a black cape and red outfit had just entered the cinema. Two other men looked to be making there way there as well. As he watched on, he noticed one half of his vision blur. Shadow looked around for a window to gaze at his reflection. To his shock, half his mask was melting off.

Fucking perfect. That's what I get for using so much energy I guess.

He placed his hand on his face and filled energy back into the melting point. While distracted with his looks, Shadow could hear glass shatter. He turned at the now broken window of a nearby convenience store. Shadow made his way there cautiously and took in the action form outside.

Robo dimmed his lights and took a look around the theatre. There were now four people, and he was now assuming all of them had some amount of capability. That made the situation better, perhaps these people could look out for themselves. He then spoke up, " If time is of the essence I could move some people to a safer location, or try to draw the aliens away for a short time."

Here's a question, are we entirely sure those things came from another world.

Some evidence points to them having genetic material from Earth. At this time their origin is not concerning.

Mark found himself torn. On the one hand, the deposit boxes were so close, unguarded and full of unknown riches and valuables! Five minutes in there could net him quite a sizable haul, loot that could be bartered for the resources that had become so scarce these past few days. But on the other, he did not like the look of those dents being slammed into the vault's door, at quite the alarming rate. Forget five minutes; he might not even have two.

Eventually, self-preservation won out over greed. Even if the rewards were tempting, purchasing another life was still quite out of Mark's price range. Sighing, the thief began his egress, each of his deliberate paces punctuated by another clash of flesh against metal. There was no need to hurry; the vault would at least buy him enough time to catch his breath.

As he made his way back up to street level, Mark began to repair his somewhat disheveled appearance. Though he couldn't really do much about the tears or discolorations that marred his once immaculate suit, he was able to smooth his disarrayed hair back into some semblance of order, his own perspiration helping to keep the filthy strands in place. Moving just a bit lower, Mark readjusted his mask. Having been knocked askew during his frantic sprinting, it hung at a bizarre and unacceptable angle; not only did it look horrible, it limited his vision, a handicap he could ill afford in these troubled times.

Having found his way back to the bank's main lobby, the thief took a few moments to examine his impromptu revisions in a somehow unbroken glass door. Though he had done his best to make himself presentable, Mark still cringed as he noted the dirt and dust that stained his clothes and skin, the twisted and macabre mess that his hair had devolved into, and the crinkled, torn state of his jacket, shit, and slacks. I really, REALLY, need a shower.

Exiting the bank, Mark once more looked out upon the desolate scenery of Gotham, the ravaged store fronts and buildings, the smoking shells of what had once been cars, the craters and bloodstains that marred the ground. A far cry from the shining edifices that had brought him to the city.

Suddenly, Mark spun around, eyes locked on a flash of movement. There, heading inside that devastated theater; it seemed that someone was still alive. And really liked the color red.

Well, where there were people there were goods. Keeping an eye out for danger, Mark began to creep his way across the plaza, heading towards the theater's entrance.

Luke raised his hand up to the strange transparent barrier, tracing it's outlines, he felt for a way through, only to come up short. It must have been the invader's doings, a force field of some kind, to keep us confined until they can finish us off...

If my time in Vegas taught me anything, it's that I really do detest invisible walls

Luke took a few swings at the barrier, only for it to still stand as resolute as ever. They'd have to come up with a different course of action.

"Damn, looks like we'll be staying here a bit longer, seems one of the Robins went into the old theater across the way, you still in?"

He looked down at the square below him, it was quite empty, although it assuredly wouldn't stay so for long once they made their way down into the streets. Every freak from here to Bludhaven would be on them before you could say "Batman".

"Why of course my man, I'm all in"

Fortune followed Red Shot as he made the slow descent down the ladder to the streets below, the climb allowing for a brief exchange between the two.

"Any reason you call yourself that beyond that deck of cards in your hand? Whenever you get down here, we're making a run for that building, so get ready."

"As I mentioned before, Lady Luck has blessed me with fortuitousness, and as such I lead a charmed life, where the odds always seem to favour me. The cards came after, although they were described as if they were meant for me."

Luke was cautious during the descent, not wanting to get any grime on his pristine clothing, that would royally piss him off.
As they reached the ground floor, Luke saw the man pull out his pistol from his hip, ever cautious for threats.

"And yourself? A reason for your particular epithet?"

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked